BYU devotional climate change preached

Discuss political news items / current events.
jonubg
captain of 50

BYU devotional climate change preached

Post by jonubg »

I was just told that the BYU devotional today was all about climate change. I also heard that the students applauded the speaker. Very scary!

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Re: BYU devotional climate change preached

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

jonubg wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 1:04 pm I was just told that the BYU devotional today was all about climate change. I also heard that the students applauded the speaker. Very scary!
😳😣
The sky is falling

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Greta Thunberg will be very pleased.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Dave62 wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 1:54 pm Greta Thunberg will be very pleased.
Maybe BYU can give Miss Greta an honorary doctorate degree.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Wow, it must be amazing if the best and brightest, most elite of the Mormon youth give it a standing ovation. I can't wait to read it.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

So she flew in from Texas, to speak to a group of students in one of the nations largest indoor arenas which is climate controlled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, while being used only a small portion of that time.

And her message is to use less. Which more than half of the unwitting students will conclude can only mean Tribrac must give up his fuel efficient POS and ride the bus.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

tribrac wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 3:57 pm So she flew in from Texas, to speak to a group of students in one of the nations largest indoor arenas which is climate controlled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, while being used only a small portion of that time.

And her message is to use less. Which more than half of the unwitting students will conclude can only mean Tribrac must give up his fuel efficient POS and ride the bus.
Bingo. Climate "science" is for us peons. Al Gore , WEF, Greta, and Agenda 2030 goons don't have to practice the low carbon footprint stuff. Just as politicians exempt themselves from Obamacare and gun control, and even taxes.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

blitzinstripes wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 4:03 pm
tribrac wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 3:57 pm So she flew in from Texas, to speak to a group of students in one of the nations largest indoor arenas which is climate controlled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, while being used only a small portion of that time.

Bingo. Climate "science" is for us peons. Al Gore , WEF, Greta, and Agenda 2030 goons don't have to practice the low carbon footprint stuff. Just as politicians exempt themselves from Obamacare and gun control, and even taxes.
Compel the Lawgivers to live under their own laws.

And they might be less inclined to pass any.

Likewise.

Compel the churches to follow the same tax rules as the rest of us.

And you will see our current tax regime change very quickly.

Tax all corporations the same as individuals.

And.

A bloodless revolution.

Well.

Except for the suicides.

Be lots of those.

No power to sell to the Banksters.

Ones Secrets come to light.

Sir H

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Climate change is also offered as an introductory course in geology.

https://catalog.byu.edu/physical-and-ma ... rth-system

And there seems to be an ecological professor, surnamed Abbott, that is spearheading this:

https://universe.byu.edu/2019/09/27/sur ... combat-it/

BYU also has a sustainability page headed by the same professor Abbott:

https://sustainability.byu.edu/

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Hayhoe said some people doubt the reality of climate change because they think those changes can be contributed to the sun, volcanic activity or natural cycles.

However, she debunked these ideas, saying the planet has been getting less energy from the sun in the last 50 years, volcanic activity blocks heat and natural cycles simply move heat around rather than create it β€” so, according to her, the earth should be cooler, not warmer.
"Debunked" lol

So no mention of the weakening magnetic field, which permits much more energy through it currently than the sun is cooler. Further, the earth IS cooler in some places - record setting cold in some cases - while warmer in others. It's a much more complex system than her swimming pool analogy belies.

She's a propagandist and her audience are empty vessels with a wide mouth funnel for a top -- claim authoritative status of any kind and you will be permitted to pour your sewage in without a single discriminating query.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 4:24 pm
Hayhoe said some people doubt the reality of climate change because they think those changes can be contributed to the sun, volcanic activity or natural cycles.

However, she debunked these ideas, saying the planet has been getting less energy from the sun in the last 50 years, volcanic activity blocks heat and natural cycles simply move heat around rather than create it β€” so, according to her, the earth should be cooler, not warmer.
"Debunked" lol

So no mention of the weakening magnetic field, which permits much more energy through it currently than the sun is cooler. Further, the earth IS cooler in some places - record setting cold in some cases - while warmer in others. It's a much more complex system than her swimming pool analogy belies.

She's a propagandist and her audience are empty vessels with a wide mouth funnel for a top -- claim authoritative status of any kind and you will be permitted to pour your sewage in without a single discriminating query.
Yes, the Earth is a very complex system. But the proof that it is warming up as a whole and at a pace that cannot be explained out of the way through purely natural processes is so high that it is virtually undisputable.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Subcomandante wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 4:27 pm

"Debunked" lol

Yes, the Earth is a very complex system. But the proof that it is warming up as a whole and at a pace that cannot be explained out of the way through purely natural processes is so high that it is virtually undisputable.
So much promise.

So much.

SMH

Sir H

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I’ll roll coal just for you the next time I drive my compound turbo 12V Cummins F450! Lol

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Subcomandante wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 4:27 pm

"Debunked" lol

B.S. We are coming out of an ice age. Not man made, at all.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Last edited by Vision on November 29th, 2022, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I hope all the students who stood and clapped walk home for Christmas.

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

Vision wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 4:48 pm
her: "dismissives"
me: "projectors"

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Of course the climate is changing; and it's going to get a lot worse. Read D&C 88: 86-94. We could, of course, repent and avoid these disasters but I'm not holding my breath.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I'm not saying using a little less is a bad idea. I'm not even saying I wouldn't do with less.

But that's not what this is about. This is about rich and entitled people trying to keep their lifestyles while forcing the lower classes into even lower standards of living, while taxing the poor to death.

The climate ministers fly all over the world, speak in grand hotels and arenas and pat each other on the back for finding ways to force others to live on less.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

climate change preached

Post by BeNotDeceived »

jonubg wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 1:04 pm I was just told that the BYU devotional today was all about climate change. I also heard that the students applauded the speaker. Very scary!
Did anyone mention OTEC?

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Let's assume for a moment that:
1- global warming is real (I would like to see the DATA, through 2020)
2- Man causes this warming, by CO2 emissions.

If these premises are correct, then:
3- which countries are doing the most CO2 emissions?
4- how much good will it do for the USA and Europe to cut CO2 emissions if China and India do NOT do so?

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

BroJones wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 6:04 pm Let's assume for a moment that:

4- how much good will it do for the USA and Europe to cut CO2 emissions if China and India do NOT do so?
Even if we assume 1 & 2 are correct, we still have no evidence that the impacts would necessitate any kind of response at all, let alone the kind of totalitarian nonsense being thrown around. Generally, a warmer climate is beneficial to life, not a negative.

The reality is that this is actually religion masquerading as science.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

BroJones wrote: ↑November 29th, 2022, 6:04 pm Let's assume for a moment that:

"1- global warming is real (I would like to see the DATA, through 2020)" - what is your start date?

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Possibly most have already seen this but here it is again:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Oy57km1QGJOA/