Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Poll ended at December 18th, 2022, 5:25 pm

Yes
15%
No
79%
No Opinion
7%

Total votes: 61
TheChristian
captain of 100

Re: Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Post by TheChristian »

Read the bible concerning Zion the city of King David................

1 Kings 8:1 “Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the leaders of the fathers’ houses of the people of Israel, before King Solomon in Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the city of David, which is Zion.

Isaiah 33:20 “Look on Zion, the city of our festivals; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a peaceful abode,

Psalm 137:
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat,
we also wept when we remembered Zion.
On willows in its midst we hung our harps.
For there our captors asked us for words of song and our tormentors [asked of us] mirth, "Sing for us of the song of Zion."
"How shall we sing the song of the Lord on foreign soil?"
If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its skill.
May my tongue cling to my palate, if I do not remember you,
if I do not bring up Jerusalem at the beginning of my joy.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

ransomme wrote: November 29th, 2022, 7:55 am If the US does exist, it would be a huge surprise when someone stakes a claim right in the middle of the country and says back off, this is Zion and you can't touch this.

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
Exactly

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

TheChristian wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:30 am Read the bible concerning Zion the city of King David................

1 Kings 8:1 “Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the leaders of the fathers’ houses of the people of Israel, before King Solomon in Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the city of David, which is Zion.

Isaiah 33:20 “Look on Zion, the city of our festivals; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a peaceful abode,

Psalm 137:
For there our captors asked us for words of song and our tormentors [asked of us] mirth, "Sing for us of the song of Zion."

America can say what it likes, like Rome before her, but salvation came forth from neither but from Jerusalem ...........
The precious life saving blood of Christ was shed apon the only spot on earth were God had appointed for Sacrifice, that place were the blood was shed to atone for creations sins is sacred ground.....
Americans say salvation comes from America?

It is obviously two places.

The Jews are converted in one day..... 🤔

How would Jerusalem fulfill all the Zion prophecies that take place before Jesus converts the Jews in one day?

Please, no platitudes.... Just normal discussion

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

I have shown you the Biblical Zion...............There is no more to be said.......

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

TheChristian wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:30 am Read the bible concerning Zion the city of King David................

Psalm 137:
not everything pertaining to Zion is in the Bible, folks. In fact, very little is said about Zion in the Bible. If you want to learn about Zion, start with the Book of Mormon (note when it says "this land", it is referring to the land where the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated were found - "America"):
Ether 13:2For behold, they rejected all the words of Ether; for he truly told them of all things, from the beginning of man; and that after the waters had receded from off the face of this land it became a choice land above all other lands, a chosen land of the Lord; wherefore the Lord would have that all men should serve him who dwell upon the face thereof;
3 And that it was the place of the New Jerusalem, which should come down out of heaven, and the holy sanctuary of the Lord.

4 Behold, Ether saw the days of Christ, and he spake concerning a New Jerusalem upon this land.
5 And he spake also concerning the house of Israel, and the Jerusalem from whence Lehi should come--after it should be destroyed it should be built up again, a holy city unto the Lord; wherefore, it could not be a new Jerusalem for it had been in a time of old; but it should be built up again, and become a holy city of the Lord; and it should be built unto the house of Israel.
6 And that a New Jerusalem should be built upon this land, unto the remnant of the seed of Joseph, for which things there has been a type.
7 For as Joseph brought his father down into the land of Egypt, even so he died there; wherefore, the Lord brought a remnant of the seed of Joseph out of the land of Jerusalem, that he might be merciful unto the seed of Joseph that they should perish not, even as he was merciful unto the father of Joseph that he should perish not.
8 Wherefore, the remnant of the house of Joseph shall be built upon this land; and it shall be a land of their inheritance; and they shall build up a holy city unto the Lord, like unto the Jerusalem of old; and they shall no more be confounded, until the end come when the earth shall pass away.
9 And there shall be a new heaven and a new earth; and they shall be like unto the old save the old have passed away, and all things have become new.
10 And then cometh the New Jerusalem; and blessed are they who dwell therein, for it is they whose garments are white through the blood of the Lamb; and they are they who are numbered among the remnant of the seed of Joseph, who were of the house of Israel.
11 And then also cometh the Jerusalem of old; and the inhabitants thereof, blessed are they, for they have been washed in the blood of the Lamb; and they are they who were scattered and gathered in from the four quarters of the earth, and from the north countries, and are partakers of the fulfilling of the covenant which God made with their father, Abraham.
12 And when these things come, bringeth to pass the scripture which saith, there are they who were first, who shall be last; and there are they who were last, who shall be first.
After that, try hitting up PoGP and D&C.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

TheChristian wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:49 am I have shown you the Biblical Zion...............There is no more to be said.......
Sorry, just because a thing was called something back in the OT, doesn't mean that it's the same thing in the prophetic dual fulfillment of the latter days. For example, Egypt.

Many people now understand that biblical prophecies about Egypt are referencing the US today. Mystery Babylon is not actually where Babylon used to be. Yet, the Lord uses these ancient names to represent the latter-day equivalent.

Zion will be a place that houses the tabernacle of David, just as it did back then. It doesn't have to be in the exact same geographical location, in my opinion.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: November 29th, 2022, 7:55 am If the US does exist, it would be a huge surprise when someone stakes a claim right in the middle of the country and says back off, this is Zion and you can't touch this.

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
The lord inspired the US Constitution, the lord will have Zion save it from falling.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

America was always a means to an end. Not the end goal. The Lord used her to accomplish his purposes. Nations of the world come and go, and fade into oblivion. The Book of Mormon is quite clear as to the fate of any nation that dwells upon this land and fails to serve the God of Israel. We will surely be destroyed, just as the Nephites and Jaredites before us. Do we even need to ask this question?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

How can a City of Zion be built if there is no country, no functioning economy to acquire materials, and no freedom of movement?

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
The lord inspired the US Constitution, the lord will have Zion save it from falling.
I think many confuse Constitutional principles with the US Constitution itself.
The principles and freedoms will be maintained.
The three branches government, Senates, Supreme Courts, election dates, rules about being President and Vice President, and the dozens of administrative rules will eventually be gone.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
Zion will be the kingdom of God and won't be living according to an earthly document of man's laws. I don't know about you but I think that the City of Enoch will be showing the gathered how to organize society. What do you think?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:14 pm

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
Zion will be the kingdom of God and won't be living according to an earthly document of man's laws. I don't know about you but I think that the City of Enoch will be showing the gathered how to organize society. What do you think?
I think the US Consintution will stand and will go forward to all nations under the lord’s leadership.

The question that the OP asked is so vague. Do I think our present corrupt system will be here? No, we will destroy most of that when Matthew 10:34-35 and Luke 12:49-57 come to pass.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

JLHPROF wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:06 pm

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
The three branches government, Senates, Supreme Courts, election dates, rules about being President and Vice President, and the dozens of administrative rules will eventually be gone.
Doesn’t D&C 132 show us that there are rules like our court system in heaven?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:32 pm
ransomme wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:14 pm

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
I think the US Consintution will stand and will go forward to all nations under the lord’s leadership.

The question that the OP asked is so vague. Do I think our present corrupt system will be here? No, we will destroy most of that when Matthew 10:34-35 and Luke 12:49-57 come to pass.
The Constitution is fine for an earthly document but it's not meant to be worshipped. Just think about it, this comes down from Heaven, filled with people who achieved Zion...
NewJerusalem_01.JPG
NewJerusalem_01.JPG (37.5 KiB) Viewed 405 times
and they'll say, hey give us the US Constitution because it is better than anything they had in Heaven... I think not. The US Constitution has nearly been destroyed already.
Constitution TP.jpeg
Constitution TP.jpeg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 405 times

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:34 pm

Queue music 🎵🎶🎵
Section 132 is not scripture, it was manufactured by BY and company. Compare the parts of it that existed during Joseph's life, compared to the hack job they did to rewrite it. The New and Everlasting covenant is not marriage, it is Jesus Christ, the Plan of Salvation, the Atonement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It's literally spelled out all over the scriptures! I could dump 100 verses here about it, here are a few examples:

"Verily I say unto you, blessed are you for receiving mine everlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel, sent forth unto the children of men, that they might have life and be made partakers of the glories which are to be revealed in the last days, as it was written by the prophets and apostles in days of old." (D&C 66:2)

"And for this cause, that men might be made partakers of the glories which were to be revealed, the Lord sent forth the fulness of his gospel, his everlasting covenant, reasoning in plainness and simplicity" (D&C 133:57)

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;" (D&C 93:1)

D&C 22:1-4 "Revelation to the church of Christ, which was established in these last days, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty: Given April, 1830, in consequence of some desiring to unite with the church without re-baptism, who had previously been baptized.
- Behold I say unto you, that all old covenants have I caused to be done away in this thing, and this is a new and an everlasting covenant; even that which was from the beginning.— Wherefore, although a man should be baptized an hundred times, it availeth him nothing; for you cannot enter in at the straight gate by the law of Moses, neither by your dead works; for it is because of your dead works, that I have caused this last covenant, and this church to be built up unto me; even as in days of old. Wherefore enter ye in at the gate, as I have commanded, and seek not to counsel your God. Amen. "

Hebrews 12 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel
Isaiah 24:5 5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Jeremiah 31 "31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
Hebrews 8 "8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."
D&C 76:69 These are they who are just men made perfect through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood.
D&C 107:19 To have the privilege of receiving the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, to have the heavens opened unto them, to commune with the general assembly and church of the Firstborn, and to enjoy the communion and presence of God the Father, and Jesus the mediator of the new covenant.
Jeremiah 32 40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
Ezekiel 16 60 ¶ Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
D&C 1 "15 For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant;
21 That faith also might increase in the earth;
22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;"
D&C 45 9 And even so I have sent mine everlasting covenant into the world, to be a light to the world, and to be a standard for my people, and for the Gentiles to seek to it, and to be a messenger before my face to prepare the way before me.

“Enter In By The Way” (2 Nephi 32:5)
"…I must speak concerning the doctrine of Christ;...
Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken FAITH in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of HOPE, and a love of God and of all men (CHARITY, to love God, and thy neighbor, become Zion). Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.(Receive of His Fulness (Presence, Priesthood, Grace))" (2 Nephi 31:2,17,19,20)

Everlasting covenant was made between three personages before the organization of this earth, and relates to their dispensation of things to men on the earth; these personages, according to Abraham’s record, are called God the first, the Creator; God the second, the Redeemer; and God the third, the witness or Testator (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith pg. 190)

Section 132 Fabrication:
132 change 01.JPG
132 change 01.JPG (78.78 KiB) Viewed 393 times

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:03 pm

Section 132 is not scripture, it was manufactured by BY and company. Compare the parts of it that existed during Joseph's life, compared to the hack job they did to rewrite it. The New and Everlasting covenant is not marriage, it is Jesus Christ, the Plan of Salvation, the Atonement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It's literally spelled out all over the scriptures! I could dump 100 verses here about it, here are a few examples:

"Verily I say unto you, blessed are you for receiving mine everlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel, sent forth unto the children of men, that they might have life and be made partakers of the glories which are to be revealed in the last days, as it was written by the prophets and apostles in days of old." (D&C 66:2)

"And for this cause, that men might be made partakers of the glories which were to be revealed, the Lord sent forth the fulness of his gospel, his everlasting covenant, reasoning in plainness and simplicity" (D&C 133:57)

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;" (D&C 93:1)

D&C 22:1-4 "Revelation to the church of Christ, which was established in these last days, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty: Given April, 1830, in consequence of some desiring to unite with the church without re-baptism, who had previously been baptized.
- Behold I say unto you, that all old covenants have I caused to be done away in this thing, and this is a new and an everlasting covenant; even that which was from the beginning.— Wherefore, although a man should be baptized an hundred times, it availeth him nothing; for you cannot enter in at the straight gate by the law of Moses, neither by your dead works; for it is because of your dead works, that I have caused this last covenant, and this church to be built up unto me; even as in days of old. Wherefore enter ye in at the gate, as I have commanded, and seek not to counsel your God. Amen. "

Hebrews 12 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel
Isaiah 24:5 5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Jeremiah 31 "31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
Hebrews 8 "8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."
D&C 76:69 These are they who are just men made perfect through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood.
D&C 107:19 To have the privilege of receiving the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, to have the heavens opened unto them, to commune with the general assembly and church of the Firstborn, and to enjoy the communion and presence of God the Father, and Jesus the mediator of the new covenant.
Jeremiah 32 40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
Ezekiel 16 60 ¶ Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
D&C 1 "15 For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant;
D&C 45 9 And even so I have sent mine everlasting covenant into the world, to be a light to the world, and to be a standard for my people, and for the Gentiles to seek to it, and to be a messenger before my face to prepare the way before me.

Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken FAITH in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of HOPE, and a love of God and of all men (CHARITY, to love God, and thy neighbor, become Zion). Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.(Receive of His Fulness (Presence, Priesthood, Grace))" (2 Nephi 31:2,17,19,20)

Everlasting covenant was made between three personages before the organization of this earth, and relates to their dispensation of things to men on the earth; these personages, according to Abraham’s record, are called God the first, the Creator; God the second, the Redeemer; and God the third, the witness or Testator (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith pg. 190)

Section 132 Fabrication: 132 change 01.JPG
I understand that you don’t believe 132 is scriptural. I believe that BY is the second servant that got 3 talents and pleased the lord with his work.

Take Emma and polygamy out of 132 and it fits right along the adulterous David words in psalm 82. The lord himself quoted the adulterous (sin), concubine (sin) loving, polygamist in John 10:34-35.

I will learn from my lord and savior, if David was of the lord and the lord let his son that was birth from a relationship that started in adultery, build a house to him then anti polygamist need to change and open their eyes.

Why did Nephi and Peter allow polygamy and Jacob and Paul take it away? Polygamy was never taken away from the lamanites. Food for thought.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:34 pm

I understand that you don’t believe 132 is scriptural. I believe that BY is the second servant that got 3 talents and pleased the lord with his work.

Take Emma and polygamy out of 132 and it fits right along the adulterous David words in psalm 82. The lord himself quoted the adulterous (sin), concubine (sin) loving, polygamist in John 10:34-35.

I will learn from my lord and savior, if David was of the lord and the lord let his son that was birth from a relationship that started in adultery, build a house to him then anti polygamist need to change and open their eyes.

Why did Nephi and Peter allow polygamy and Jacob and Paul take it away? Polygamy was never taken away from the lamanites. Food for thought.
Wow, just wow, you make a lot of assumptions there. As in complete and total conjecture.

And I am amazed that that you take one redefinition (section 132 new and everlasting covenant), that makes no sense, and weight it over every other book of scripture (including many times in the D&C) and hundreds of verses. Especially when there has been such obvious doctoring of the text. Not to mention that the story behind the new text doesn't add up and was, of course, saved for 30+ years just to be lost after publication. Say what?

I suppose I shouldn't be awed by people believing these sorts of things anymore.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: November 30th, 2022, 12:29 am

Wow, just wow, you make a lot of assumptions there. As in complete and total conjecture.

And I am amazed that that you take one redefinition (section 132 new and everlasting covenant), that makes no sense, and weight it over every other book of scripture (including many times in the D&C) and hundreds of verses. Especially when there has been such obvious doctoring of the text. Not to mention that the story behind the new text doesn't add up and was, of course, saved for 30+ years just to be lost after publication. Say what?

I suppose I shouldn't be awed by people believing these sorts of things anymore.
So Nathan was a false prophet? You brought up everlasting covenant and how it doesn’t mean polygamy. Are you festering an argumentative spirit?

D&C 132: 17 For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever.

If they would have married one wife in the temple and became one with her, then maybe they wouldn’t have come back down to earth and took the daughters of men. They were exalted beings that were not happy with their lot. Open your eyes brother. You say you are surprised by my words but you don’t understand them…..

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I do love me some Jeremiah 31, do you let your wife compass you? If your understanding of Jeremiah 31 was true, why didn’t Jesus do away with polygamy? Or Peter? Your thoughts and understandings are emotionally charged and don’t support the lord’s actions and words from his earthly mission. Most people are so blind that they don’t realize that he lived the mosaic law, he lived the law he gave to them, Peter lived that law and Paul petition to Peter to change it because of the new converts to Christianity.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 1:58 am

So Nathan was a false prophet? You brought up everlasting covenant and how it doesn’t mean polygamy. Are you festering an argumentative spirit?

D&C 132: 17 For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever.

If they would have married one wife in the temple and became one with her, then maybe they wouldn’t have come back down to earth and took the daughters of men. They were exalted beings that were not happy with their lot. Open your eyes brother. You say you are surprised by my words but you don’t understand them…..
Oh I understand your words, and I understand that you want to disregard the preponderance of the revealed word in scripture to chase after and believe in something that is "abominable before me, saith the Lord."

Section 132 is a miscellany of some true but mostly false doctrine that BY et al. twisted to suit there desires

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:11 am

I do love me some Jeremiah 31, do you let your wife compass you? If your understanding of Jeremiah 31 was true, why didn’t Jesus do away with polygamy? Or Peter? Your thoughts and understandings are emotionally charged and don’t support the lord’s actions and words from his earthly mission. Most people are so blind that they don’t realize that he lived the mosaic law, he lived the law he gave to them, Peter lived that law and Paul petition to Peter to change it because of the new converts to Christianity.
Emotionally charged? No my thoughts and feelings on this subject are very clear, cool and collected. It's interesting that you would charge me with such an accusation seeing how fanciful your interpretations are.

And knowing that you willingly accept fraud (the fabricated section 132) as truth when it's blatant right before your eyes is discrediting for you. Just so you know.

Are you intimating something particular about "shall compass" in v22?
Sorry but Hebrew sabab (compass) does not mean anything sexual.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:20 am
Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:11 am

Emotionally charged? No my thoughts and feelings on this subject are very clear, cool and collected. It's interesting that you would charge me with such an accusation seeing how fanciful your interpretations are.

And knowing that you willingly accept fraud (the fabricated section 132) as truth when it's blatant right before your eyes is discrediting for you. Just so you know.

Are you intimating something particular about "shall compass" in v22?
Sorry but Hebrew sabab (compass) does not mean anything sexual.
Nothing sexual about compass lol

It fits Isaiah

Hopefully you now understand why I said emotionally charged. My bring up 132 wasn’t about polygamy, you went straight for that topic like a hound dog.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

mudflap wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:20 pm

Psalm 137:
not everything pertaining to Zion is in the Bible, folks. In fact, very little is said about Zion in the Bible. If you want to learn about Zion, start with the Book of Mormon (note when it says "this land", it is referring to the land where the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated were found - "America"):
3 And that it was the place of the New Jerusalem, which should come down out of heaven, and the holy sanctuary of the Lord.[/color][/b]
The above is very specific , yet never explored.
New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven.

so, what happens before that?

S45
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud.
46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth.

47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.

S78
21 For ye are the church of the Firstborn, and he will take you up in a cloud, and appoint every man his portion.

==============

It appears that people from all over the world that are to be in Zion will first be taken up "to heaven" or "into clouds" before the final destruction.
and.... all of these come back down to establish New Jerusalem, Zion, on earth. It seems to make sense biblicaly with "one will be taken" while others left. I would think that the majority of those that are "taken" will be those that have first chosen to not accept the 'mark' in order to function in society and have left cities. Just guesses.

another way of saying this is that Zion will first be established "above", then it is established on the earth's surface.
Last edited by FrankOne on November 30th, 2022, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I'm pretty sure the scriptures are quite clear that the Lord God will make an end of all the nations when Zion is restored.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

FrankOne wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:43 am
mudflap wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:20 pm

Psalm 137:
3 And that it was the place of the New Jerusalem, which should come down out of heaven, and the holy sanctuary of the Lord.[/color][/b]
The above is very specific , yet never explored.
New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven.

so, what happens before that?

S45
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud.
46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth.

47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.

S78
21 For ye are the church of the Firstborn, and he will take you up in a cloud, and appoint every man his portion.

==============

It appears that people from all over the world that are to be in Zion will first be taken up "to heaven" or "into clouds" before the final destruction.
and.... all of these come back down to establish New Jerusalem, Zion, on earth. It seems to make sense biblicaly with "one will be taken" while others left. I would think that the majority of those that are "taken" will be those that have first chosen to not accept the 'mark' in order to function in society and have left cities. Just guesses.

another way of saying this is that Zion will first be established "above", then it is established on the earth's surface.
S45
42 And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars fall from heaven.

This is the sun having a micronova, we are on solar cycle 25, cycle 27 can be a gleissberg cycle. The last gleissberg cycle was 1957, which is why NASA and CIA was organized through Congress properly in 1958. They blamed it on Sputnik but the moon mission were named after the Greek god of the sun, Apollo.

Needless to say we get to live through Armageddon.