Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

Post by spiritMan »

tribrac wrote: November 28th, 2022, 4:53 pm Did that dude just argue that free.agency is a sinful lust? Kind of feels like he did.

Wow.
Yeah he did. Basically the only reason someone would leave the Church according to him is because that person is in such a state of sin that they reject God.

We all have our passions and sons to repent of but this takes the cake

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: this is getting pathetic

Post by BeNotDeceived »

nightlight wrote: November 28th, 2022, 7:36 am
Interesting

So do you think a Jewish dude named "Lehi" actually came to this continent with his family etc ?

Or do you think the BoMs principles are true but the story is fiction? Like if Lord of the Rings and the New Testament had a baby 🍼
The DNA doesn’t support the American Contingent thesis, so again a realignment of truth has been supplied via Mike’s Truthful Spirt:
Michael Sherwin wrote: October 21st, 2019, 11:58 pm
… There are also legends of a great treasure being taken from England and hidden in the Northeast part of the US. Movies have been made about those legends.

Contrary to what some may think I do not have a big problem with the 1830 LDS Church. It is all the nonsense that came after 1830 that is not right with me. The Spirit testifies of that, to me. However the Spirit also testifies to me that there is a BOM land and that land is England.
MSTS is a KEYWORD that may in the future be a quick way to find instances, similar to 38ii, SSPS, 57ii and ASHH, just to name a few. England: thread continued here

There in subforum 57 Mike can continue the conversation with those willing to believe that the UK is where Lehi’s tale took place. :idea:

Baggins, but not Bilbo. :mrgreen: dbnp

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:50 am Well, this is a church-related website talking about church-related things, so shouldn't the topics be, you know, about the church?

If the point of the site is to rail against the church and its leaders, to mock and insult its members, and to generally be a collective of clowns and jerks, then let me know and I'll jump out. I have zero interest in entertaining the bitter and divisive ignorance of others.
The Book of Mormon has a lot to say about various churches.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Niemand wrote: November 29th, 2022, 4:06 am
innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:50 am Well, this is a church-related website talking about church-related things, so shouldn't the topics be, you know, about the church?

If the point of the site is to rail against the church and its leaders, to mock and insult its members, and to generally be a collective of clowns and jerks, then let me know and I'll jump out. I have zero interest in entertaining the bitter and divisive ignorance of others.
The Book of Mormon has a lot to say about various churches.
And?

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

spiritMan wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:45 pm
innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 4:55 pm
spiritMan wrote: November 28th, 2022, 4:49 pm
innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 4:13 pm

But you are. You're fulfilling your lust for pride, unrighteous judgement, and your desire to become an agent unto yourself. Feel free to read up on what the Lord thinks about those things in the scriptures if you doubt me.
That's what you think; I believe being a part of a Church and a faith community is important. It is important to submit oneself to a religious authority.

When the religious authorities teach gross immorality, I am under no obligation to continue to join myself to their religion.
:roll: How is the church teaching "gross immorality"?
Try doing some research.
https://www.tumblr.com/nerdygaymormon

https://www.tumblr.com/nerdygaymormon/6 ... e-renlunds

This man is in a Stake calling. Openly talks about that he is cleared to date other men. The Q15 are aware of his blog. He promotes everything LGBTQ+, advocates the Church change is doctrine.

Nothing is done.

You really need to listen to those who have been following this in the trenches a LOT longer than your johnny come lately... no no the Church is the same as it always was.
I can say the church gave me a pony, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Unless you can point to specific instructions in the Handbook, a letter from the first presidency, instruction given through general conference, or something official, I can only assume this guy is either lying or his local leaders aren't doing their jobs. This is hardly a church-wide thing. My friend just got excommunicated for dating other men.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

spiritMan wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:36 pm
innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 4:13 pm

But you are. You're fulfilling your lust for pride, unrighteous judgement, and your desire to become an agent unto yourself. Feel free to read up on what the Lord thinks about those things in the scriptures if you doubt me.
That's what you think; I believe being a part of a Church and a faith community is important. It is important to submit oneself to a religious authority.

When the religious authorities teach gross immorality, I am under no obligation to continue to join myself to their religion.
Simple. Homosexual romantic behavior is condoned.
My friend was just excommunicated for dating other men. You should reach out to him and let him know they were just joking.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:49 am

My friend was just excommunicated for dating other men. You should reach out to him and let him know they were just joking.
It is no longer apostasy. Are you sure he wasn't excommunicated for speaking against the 15? Because that is apostasy

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... s?lang=eng

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

nightlight wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:52 am

It is no longer apostasy. Are you sure he wasn't excommunicated for speaking against the 15? Because that is apostasy

I'm absolutely positive that wasn't the case. He likes the church. He got caught dating other men, confessed to the bishop, and accepted his excommunication for it.

Also, the apostasy thing lasted what, a year or two? If anything, the church switched back to their original position on the sin and brought it back in line with the Law of Chastity. Adultery isn't apostasy. It is a sin and a violation of the Law of Chastity. Homosexuality is the same, and now, once again, the church treats them the same.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:00 am

I'm absolutely positive that wasn't the case. He likes the church. He got caught dating other men, confessed to the bishop, and accepted his excommunication for it.

Also, the apostasy thing lasted what, a year or two? If anything, the church switched back to their original position on the sin and brought it back in line with the Law of Chastity. Adultery isn't apostasy. It is a sin and a violation of the Law of Chastity. Homosexuality is the same, and now, once again, the church treats them the same.
My mistake. The church says it's okay to be gay in your head , as long as you don't physically participate

Look but no touch

"The Church distinguishes between same-sex attraction and homosexual behavior. People who experience same-sex attraction or identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual can make and keep covenants with God and fully and worthily participate in the Church. Identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual or experiencing same-sex attraction is not a sin and does not prohibit one from participating in the Church, holding callings, or attending the temple."

Aka walking back the sermon on the mount

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

nightlight wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:05 am

My mistake. The church says it's okay to be gay in your head , as long as you don't physically participate

Look but no touch

"The Church distinguishes between same-sex attraction and homosexual behavior. People who experience same-sex attraction or identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual can make and keep covenants with God and fully and worthily participate in the Church. Identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual or experiencing same-sex attraction is not a sin and does not prohibit one from participating in the Church, holding callings, or attending the temple."

Strange times

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

I call bullcrap. No way he was exd for just dating in the US. Now if he was having sexual activity then yes.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

spiritMan wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:47 pm

I call bullcrap. No way he was exd for just dating in the US. Now if he was having sexual activity then yes.
Hmm. You should give him a call and let him know that his excommunication and the loss of his job are all figments of his imagination. He'll be thrilled to hear it.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Look but no touch

How is this any different from other sexual sins, like adultery, fornication, petting, masturbation, etc.?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Re: Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

Post by Mamabear »

Pnwlivesmatter wrote: November 27th, 2022, 6:53 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ed_a_skit/

Stanford mocks the mormon religion at halftime of a football game. NO ONE CARES. In fact, people support it.

If they mocked a Jewish wedding (wearing Yamukas) it would be a huge national story and crisis. Jewish people (and the media outlets they own) would NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ADL would be making a huge deal about this.

If they mocked muslims and wore hijabs it would be all over the news, and muslims would frankly be violent in their response. In fact, they would never mock muslims knowing what the response could be.

People wouldn't dare make a play called "The Quaran" on broadway. Or a show mocking the Talmud and Jews.

Why do members continually let these things happen to us. I don't want to be nice about this anymore. Mormons let themselves get made fun of all the time and we DO NOTHING.
Jesus was mocked and didn’t care.
How’s about the members fight back against sexual abuse that goes on in the church instead?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:48 am
Hmm. You should give him a call and let him know that his excommunication and the loss of his job are all figments of his imagination. He'll be thrilled to hear it.
How about be isn't telling you the full truth

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Do we not deserve to be mocked? We LDS profess belief in God and in The Book of Mormon, the covenant for our time and the promised land on which we live but we do not live in the way prescribed by Prophets of old. Our Prophet claims to hold the keys of the Priesthood and yet is powerless to heal. Instead, RMN decided that harmful drugs were better at healing people than God's own power. In this case it is us that are doing the mocking by taking the name of God in vain and mocking His power, calling poisonous drugs a Godsend.

I spent a few minutes and took a virtual ride via Google Maps through some of the neighbourhoods in SLC. I saw numerous mansions with yards filled with expensive toys such as campers, trucks, SUVs, boats... Other neighbourhoods were rather poor and rough looking. We are not taking care of the poor and oppressed and live very much like the rest of the Babylonian world. Our job was to accept the covenant that comes with living on our promised land and our job was to become a "peculiar" people wherein we would have been an example to the world and more importantly, an example to the Israelites of the type of life we could have IF we took care of the poor and oppressed and worshipped God instead of mammon. We have adopted the gospel of prosperity and are not much different than the followers of Joel Osteen or any other TV shyster. Render unto Caesar!

Can we not see how far we have sunk? We build high-end shopping malls, the iFit Apostle, the Godsend, multi-billion $ slush funds, hunting preserves for the wealthy, huge amounts of stock in Satanic companies that openly promote homosexuality and other sexual types of disfunction, sports teams, failure to care for the poor and oppressed, statue worship, graven images in the House of the Lord, wearing of costly apparel as the "uniform" of the Priesthood...

We deserve to be mocked.

Mike

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

I’m not saying excommunication can’t happen to someone when it shouldn’t but if the loss of employment was due to your friend dating other men, that’s obviously discrimination. There’s probably more to the story.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:56 am

Look but no touch

How is this any different from other sexual sins, like adultery, fornication, petting, masturbation, etc.?
Exactly what I mean by you guys walking back the Sermon on the Mount.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
----------------

One cannot identify as an adulterer and be right with God.

Anyone who is looking to be ride of homosexual feelings will not identify as a "gay person". And to think someone cannot be free of those things is not believing in the power of Christ

To teach people that you can do this and still be a full participant in the eating of His flesh and drinking of His blood.....well...it is not what I've learned from the Spirit...AND is intellectually the opposite of the gospel literature. I don't know how much more plain Jesus could be.

Perhaps this is why their policies swing from year to year on this issue. There's no solid ground to stand

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Loss of his job? So he works for the Church?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

FoundMyEden wrote: November 30th, 2022, 7:18 am

I’m not saying excommunication can’t happen to someone when it shouldn’t but if the loss of employment was due to your friend dating other men, that’s obviously discrimination. There’s probably more to the story.
Exactly right. Either he worked for the Church.. which it would then be to his benefit to claim he was "just dating" when he was engaged in homosexual sex, OR there is a LOT more to the story.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

spiritMan wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:37 am
FoundMyEden wrote: November 30th, 2022, 7:18 am
Exactly right. Either he worked for the Church.. which it would then be to his benefit to claim he was "just dating" when he was engaged in homosexual sex, OR there is a LOT more to the story.

he’s woven a narrative that’s counter Church policy of today, yet still claims it’s so?

time for some solid evidence to validate his story…………without such, he leaves much reason for us to assume it’s was fabricated to bolster his defense of “leadership”…?

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Pnwlivesmatter wrote: November 27th, 2022, 6:53 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ed_a_skit/

Stanford mocks the mormon religion at halftime of a football game. NO ONE CARES. In fact, people support it.

If they mocked a Jewish wedding (wearing Yamukas) it would be a huge national story and crisis. Jewish people (and the media outlets they own) would NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ADL would be making a huge deal about this.

If they mocked muslims and wore hijabs it would be all over the news, and muslims would frankly be violent in their response. In fact, they would never mock muslims knowing what the response could be.

People wouldn't dare make a play called "The Quaran" on broadway. Or a show mocking the Talmud and Jews.

Why do members continually let these things happen to us. I don't want to be nice about this anymore. Mormons let themselves get made fun of all the time and we DO NOTHING.
Yet Mormon's mocked mainstream Christianity for many years in the temple. Seriously, Mormon's need to get over themselves and start treating others as Jesus would.

dwell_in_safety
captain of 10

Post by dwell_in_safety »

"11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5:11-12)

You should be exceedingly glad we're getting mocked. I find a news story like this refreshing based on how much the church has tried to fit in with the world lately.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

dwell_in_safety wrote: November 30th, 2022, 1:45 pm "11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5:11-12)

You should be exceedingly glad we're getting mocked. I find a news story like this refreshing based on how much the church has tried to fit in with the world lately.
There is a difference between being mocked because of our adherence to the Gospel but this is not the case today. We are being mocked because we profess our belief in Christ's doctrines and do the opposite.

Mike

dwell_in_safety
captain of 10

Post by dwell_in_safety »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 30th, 2022, 1:55 pm
dwell_in_safety wrote: November 30th, 2022, 1:45 pm "11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5:11-12)

There is a difference between being mocked because of our adherence to the Gospel but this is not the case today. We are being mocked because we profess our belief in Christ's doctrines and do the opposite.

Mike
My understanding of the situation is that the halftime skit mocked the church for not allowing homosexuals to marry in the temple.

Am I missing something?