Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Pnwlivesmatter
captain of 50

Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

Post by Pnwlivesmatter »

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ed_a_skit/

Stanford mocks the mormon religion at halftime of a football game. NO ONE CARES. In fact, people support it.

If they mocked a Jewish wedding (wearing Yamukas) it would be a huge national story and crisis. Jewish people (and the media outlets they own) would NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ADL would be making a huge deal about this.

If they mocked muslims and wore hijabs it would be all over the news, and muslims would frankly be violent in their response. In fact, they would never mock muslims knowing what the response could be.

People wouldn't dare make a play called "The Quaran" on broadway. Or a show mocking the Talmud and Jews.

Why do members continually let these things happen to us. I don't want to be nice about this anymore. Mormons let themselves get made fun of all the time and we DO NOTHING.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

Post by marc »

What does "fighting back" look like to you?

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Mormons need to start fighting back against mockery- this is getting pathetic

Post by FoundMyEden »

Maybe it’s more prophetic than anything?

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

They do the same thing to Catholics when Notre Dame shows up. ND complains, but they don't care. https://apnews.com/article/4d07e4b0f9ea ... f6e8edf05f
Last edited by Christianlee on November 27th, 2022, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pnwlivesmatter
captain of 50

Post by Pnwlivesmatter »

marc wrote: November 27th, 2022, 6:57 pm What does "fighting back" look like to you?
we have very poor media responses to these things. we just ignore or give an old "aw shucks, we are so nice, anyways, have a free BoM"

we need a more cunning and tactical media strategy.

im not arguing for violence or anything. but we literally do NOTHING.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

The double standard of what is considered a hate crime is truly despicable. If the church wanted to use their lawyers for a real purpose, they should be suing Stanford for this sacrilege.

Pnwlivesmatter
captain of 50

Post by Pnwlivesmatter »

Sunain wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:07 pm The double standard of what is considered a hate crime is truly despicable. If the church wanted to use their lawyers for a real purpose, they should be suing Stanford for this sacrilege.
this is just one small example. but this happens all the time to our church and its....generally just accepted.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

At least BYU won.

p8riot
captain of 100

Post by p8riot »

Fight back by crushing them on the field.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

this is getting pathetic

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoundMyEden wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:01 pm Maybe it’s more prophetic than anything?
Moroni as an angel was a fabrication and temple ceremonies came about after the church was &#%!@? after being condemned.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

I guess we're really starting to see why the Lord returns dressed in red, ready to fight our battles and burns the wicked. The levels of evil is continuing to escalate around the world. I've felt it harming my spirit in recent years. As we approach the second coming, evil will just continue to grow in all facets of society.

Pnwlivesmatter
captain of 50

Post by Pnwlivesmatter »

Sunain wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:17 pm I guess we're really starting to see why the Lord returns dressed in red, ready to fight our battles and burns the wicked. The levels of evil is continuing to escalate around the world. I've felt it harming my spirit in recent years. As we approach the second coming, evil will just continue to grow in all facets of society.
I just feel sort of sad these days about the church. so much opposition. we do nothing about it except build more temples.
nothing.
You can say anything hateful and harmful about the church in the media, online, public square and its silence from the church and members.
we have completely lost the media/public relations war (in the 90/early 2000s we were doing really good).
I dont even like to tell people im lds anymore (im in an area with not many members). people are just so nasty about it. But muslim? "Oh, its so inspiring that you wear that hijab everyday! can we use your photo for our company merchandising photos to show how inclusive we are!"

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

While I would personally prefer to avoid it, I appreciate the world's enmity. It usually means we are on the right track. Lately, we've been so politically correct BYU even made it into the Big 12. I find that trend much more worrisome than the mocking.

However, I fear it will get worse, way worse, soon. At some point they will not be messing around anymore and they will be truly persecuting anyone who will not deny Jesus Christ.

largerthanlife2
captain of 100

Post by largerthanlife2 »

Just get rid of BYU football.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

p8riot wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:16 pm Fight back by crushing them on the field.
Fight back by not playing.

Don't be part of the Bread and Circuses.

Persecution is good.

Separates the Wheat.

From the Tares.

Sir H

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Pnwlivesmatter wrote: November 27th, 2022, 6:53 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ed_a_skit/

Stanford mocks the mormon religion at halftime of a football game. NO ONE CARES. In fact, people support it.

If they mocked a Jewish wedding (wearing Yamukas) it would be a huge national story and crisis. Jewish people (and the media outlets they own) would NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ADL would be making a huge deal about this.

If they mocked muslims and wore hijabs it would be all over the news, and muslims would frankly be violent in their response. In fact, they would never mock muslims knowing what the response could be.

People wouldn't dare make a play called "The Quaran" on broadway. Or a show mocking the Talmud and Jews.

Why do members continually let these things happen to us. I don't want to be nice about this anymore. Mormons let themselves get made fun of all the time and we DO NOTHING.
You're not the first person to be concerned about this. Moroni was also concerned that people would mock the gospel due to his weaknesses as he worked on the Book of Mormon. In response, Jesus said, "Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness."

We currently live in perilous times, so silly mockery is probably a given. Just remember though, no amount of mockery can ever destroy Christ's church or the people who hold fast to it. Ultimately, mockers are only hurting themselves.

I think the perfect strategy for handling mockers is laid out in 3 Nephi 6:13, which says, "Some were lifted up in pride (mockers), and others were exceedingly humble (what we should be); some did return railing for railing (contention is of the devil, so we should avoid doing this), while others would receive railing and persecution and all manner of afflictions, and would not turn and revile again (this is how we should behave), but were humble and penitent before God."

Don't worry about the mockers. If you focus on Christ and your standing before him, he will take care of the rest.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Pnwlivesmatter wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Sunain wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:17 pm I guess we're really starting to see why the Lord returns dressed in red, ready to fight our battles and burns the wicked. The levels of evil is continuing to escalate around the world. I've felt it harming my spirit in recent years. As we approach the second coming, evil will just continue to grow in all facets of society.
I just feel sort of sad these days about the church. so much opposition. we do nothing about it except build more temples.
nothing.
You can say anything hateful and harmful about the church in the media, online, public square and its silence from the church and members.
we have completely lost the media/public relations war (in the 90/early 2000s we were doing really good).
I dont even like to tell people im lds anymore (im in an area with not many members). people are just so nasty about it. But muslim? "Oh, its so inspiring that you wear that hijab everyday! can we use your photo for our company merchandising photos to show how inclusive we are!"
This is the sifting process. It's uncomfortable now, perhaps, but imagine how glorious it will be in the near future. Turn your backs to the smiters now and focus solely on Christ and you'll be just fine. Soon, his glory will fill the whole earth.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Re: this is getting pathetic

Post by innocentoldguy »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:16 pm
FoundMyEden wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:01 pm Maybe it’s more prophetic than anything?
Moroni as an angel was a fabrication and temple ceremonies came about after the church was &#%!@? after being condemned.
If that's your position, why are you here?

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Sunain wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:07 pm The double standard of what is considered a hate crime is truly despicable. If the church wanted to use their lawyers for a real purpose, they should be suing Stanford for this sacrilege.
Arguing with the world is a losing proposition, I think. The church seems focused on preparing as many people as possible for the Lord's return. Political nonsense is completely irrelevant to the church's mission and current focus, it seems.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:48 pm
I totally disagree with his perspective, but he has just as much right as you do to be here and share his opinions.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

Being mocked for believing in Christ is the son of God is much different than being harrassed by college aged fans (the mental equivalent of teenagers) for the uniforms one supports.

If anything, sports teams are another tool used to divide people. Republican/Democrat, White/Non-White, even Member/Non-member.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Luke wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:56 pm
I totally disagree with his perspective, but he has just as much right as you do to be here and share his opinions.
I'm not questioning his right to be here. I'm questioning his motivations and rewards. I have every right to go to an Islam website, for instance, and defecate all over their beliefs too, but I don't do it because I'm not a jerk and there's zero reward for me in doing so. I'm just curious why people who are against the church feel compelled to make accounts and comment on every forum they can find to say pointless and silly things like this.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:54 pm
Arguing with the world is a losing proposition, I think. The church seems focused on preparing as many people as possible for the Lord's return. Political nonsense is completely irrelevant to the church's mission and current focus, it seems.
"church's mission and current focus".
Oh that's a good one.

I'll tell ya what their current focus is - serving satan and World leaders that serve him -
that's what they seem to be focused on and their mission is.
All one has to do - is not be one of the blind who blindly follow their blind leaders,
and look at their rotten fruit. ********** (below photo of Nelson)

to repeat myself

13 Wherefore the Lord said,
Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and *** with their lips do honour me,
but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Just look at your false prophet RMN.
this is what false prophets do.
Ask their members to be "Good Global Citizens and join satan and get his kill shot.
TALK ABOUT BEING DECEIVED ! ! !
SATAN - THE GREAT DECEIVER.

The church is led by a false prophet -
leading thousands of members away from the Lord;
and many, even to their death.

His example alone - asking his followers to be "GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS"
and follow him and join with those World leaders - who he follows - and who serve satan -
speaks for itself.

"WE HAVE PRAYED FOR THIS LITERAL GODSEND.
RECEIVING THE VACCINE IS PART OF OUR PERSONAL EFFORTS TO BE
GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS"
RMN

********** this is Nelson's fruit.

as far as Nelson - and who he thinks he is - "pride cometh before the fall"

and those that still think that "all is well in Zion" -
may want to reconsider;
and come to the realization - that the church is not doing the Lord's will,
but the will of evil men - who control them - and the World.

21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say:
All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth,
all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.

24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!
25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!
2 Nephi 28

uniting with the whore Church - that "great and abominable church" of the devil
https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... e#p1134666

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:29 am

I'm not questioning his right to be here. I'm questioning his motivations and rewards. I have every right to go to an Islam website, for instance, and defecate all over their beliefs too, but I don't do it because I'm not a jerk and there's zero reward for me in doing so. I'm just curious why people who are against the church feel compelled to make accounts and comment on every forum they can find to say pointless and silly things like this.
say pointless and silly things.. lol.
you mean like you - a TBM - who like their leaders - say pointless and silly things
to try to justify anything and everything their corrupt church leaders say and do.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Being There wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:45 am
innocentoldguy wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:29 am

say pointless and silly things.. lol.
you mean like you - a TBM - who like their leaders - say pointless and silly things
to try to justify anything and everything their corrupt church leaders say and do.
Well, this is a church-related website talking about church-related things, so shouldn't the topics be, you know, about the church?

If the point of the site is to rail against the church and its leaders, to mock and insult its members, and to generally be a collective of clowns and jerks, then let me know and I'll jump out. I have zero interest in entertaining the bitter and divisive ignorance of others.