Sacrament meeting talks today

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Serragon
captain of 1,000

Re: Sacrament meeting talks today

Post by Serragon »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:02 pm
Serragon wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:33 pm
tribrac wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:30 pm So God revels his kingdom to social media influencers, community organizers and career politicians first....then to large groups of their followers, then to local officials and education leaders, then to the prophet, and then it can be confirmed to me?

So a "community activist" could receive heavenly truth and live it for 20 years before I as a member of the church am allowed to live it?
Yes, it seems you have it.

But those folks still need the ordinances that can only be provided by those with keys. So it's all good. As long as we have those, it really doesn't matter what nonsense we believe or which prophets get thrown under the bus.

Keys. Authority. Follow. Win.
Ahh, I see what my problem is now. It's my definition of "Win". I've been thinking it resembled something more like 2 Nephi 32:6:
Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall amanifest himself unto you in the flesh. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.
And as for "Keys" and "Authority", I've had this misconception about being able to validate claims to such against the manifested spiritual gifts, appropriate to their call or station in the kingdom. My bad.
No.. keys and authority come simply from hand being laid on your head by someone who had hands laid on his head all the way back to our Savior. Never mind that this also means the Catholics and every mormon offshoot also have keys and authority. If you ignore that, it all works out much better.

Christ manifensting Himself to someone in the flesh? Crazy talk. Next you'll be telling me He appeared to a young unimportant farm boy in the middle of the woods. If he were to do that today, it would immediately violate the "House of Order" Law and would overthrow everything He has been carefully building for the last 2 centuries. You clearly have been reading too many scriptures without proper supervision if you think this is the way God would operate.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Serragon wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:11 pm
Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:02 pm
Serragon wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:33 pm
tribrac wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:30 pm So God revels his kingdom to social media influencers, community organizers and career politicians first....then to large groups of their followers, then to local officials and education leaders, then to the prophet, and then it can be confirmed to me?

So a "community activist" could receive heavenly truth and live it for 20 years before I as a member of the church am allowed to live it?
Yes, it seems you have it.

But those folks still need the ordinances that can only be provided by those with keys. So it's all good. As long as we have those, it really doesn't matter what nonsense we believe or which prophets get thrown under the bus.

Keys. Authority. Follow. Win.
Ahh, I see what my problem is now. It's my definition of "Win". I've been thinking it resembled something more like 2 Nephi 32:6:
Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall amanifest himself unto you in the flesh. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.
And as for "Keys" and "Authority", I've had this misconception about being able to validate claims to such against the manifested spiritual gifts, appropriate to their call or station in the kingdom. My bad.
No.. keys and authority come simply from hand being laid on your head by someone who had hands laid on his head all the way back to our Savior. Never mind that this also means the Catholics and every mormon offshoot also have keys and authority. If you ignore that, it all works out much better.

Christ manifensting Himself to someone in the flesh? Crazy talk. Next you'll be telling me He appeared to a young unimportant farm boy in the middle of the woods. If he were to do that today, it would immediately violate the "House of Order" Law and would overthrow everything He has been carefully building for the last 2 centuries. You clearly have been reading too many scriptures without proper supervision if you think this is the way God would operate.
LOL - yeah, guilty as charged - too many scriptures without proper supervision. And thanks for the advice, I see it so much clearer now. Guess all is well in Zion after all. I can already feel freer to pursue things that will ensure me and my family more financial security and comforts we deserve. And I hadn't realized before how enlightened the world is becoming with every passing year... and to think all this time I thought they were diverging more and more from the God's way, when really it was just the ways of ancient, bigotted white men all along... but again, that was from reading those pesky scriptures too much. Think about how much more time I'll have for TV and streaming services now. Thanks! #coexist

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

Dave62 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 3:59 am OK, some of the points I covered... (in a very messy order)

The vast slaughter of the Nephites and then the Lamanites turning on themselves, the Luciferian Left has always been cannibalistic,
The Family Proc and how much of the hostility is coming from LDS, Moroni was hiding from apostate Nephites who knew all about him.
The Anti-Christ (AC) will demand that you worship him and him alone. He will do miracles and call down fire that will deceive some of the saints.
Like Moroni, will you, or will you not deny the Christ?
They don't care about you, you will die. They are coming for your children and your grandchildren
So you better get ready.
Focus on Christ and Hear Him!
Teach these things to your families

Like I said, no 'heavenly teddy bears' allowed. My wife was jealous!
Finally a small gospel feast instead of naptime with a bottle of evaporated milk aged for six months.