Wholesome moment between alleged messengers and a good message for all believers trying to find the truth

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Wholesome moment between alleged messengers and a good message for all believers trying to find the truth

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I thought this was worth a thread. A lot of us here, whether orthodox members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or unorthodox members, or whatever, have a belief and a hope that God is doing things today and some of it may be tied to prophecy in the Book of Mormon. There are a few believers of the Book of Mormon who have been writing for 10-15 years, and proclaiming they have had encounters with the Lord and encounters with the other side.

Two of the most prominent of these alleged messengers are Rob Smith (author of upwardthought.blogspot.com, no relation to Joseph Smith, convert to the church, takes scripture very literally, big fan of the Second Comforter doctrine, excommunicated for not agreeing with the truth claims of LDS leadership and being outspoken about it) and Denver Snuffer (author of denversnuffer.com, convert to the LDS church, passionate member for 40 years, rose to prominence offering his insights and interpretations on the Book of Mormon and LDS history, developed a following, became critical of LDS leadership, gave a series of talks that a neutral party might say felt like a call for reformation and a return to earlier, more earnest Mormonism, was excommunicated). I personally feel like they have perhaps just as much in common (a Jacob 5-styled pruning collapse of the great Gentile nation to allow for a healthier societal rebirth, the reality of the Second Comforter) in terms of belief and views as they do contrary to each other. Key differences being views on polygamy (and by extension, views on polygamy in Mormon history); Rob feels it has times where it is of value and sanctioned but it's generally a bad idea, Denver is not a fan at all of it. Another huge difference of opinion would be whether or not there's any validity to Denver's movement. Their differences and their messages have led to tension between the two (or at least, that would be how Rob would describe it).

Rob lost his job at a university. It sounds like it was a pretty harrowing experience and I believe he's said he isn't interesting in giving a full account of what occurred. I remember when he pulled down his history of blog posts and went dark. I was concerned for him and his family. I don't believe in or agree with all his teachings (I think his message could be true or at least partly true) but I do feel challenged (in a good way) and inspired by his words and I was surprised to see I felt a sense of loss in my life as I reflected on him seeming as if he was going to disappear. I think he is a chaste, moral man and I am grateful for his example.

Despite the differences (and threats to each other's messages with their messages being at odds with one another in some respects) and tension, today Rob shared a kind story about an encounter he had with Denver as he was losing his job with a degree of embarrassing publicity surrounding the situation (being framed as a sexist bigot to certain religions).

(as I share this, I need to stress the sharing of this story is not Rob endorsing Denver's views, nor Denver endorsing Rob's views)
Rob wrote: Now onto the story. I know that Denver strongly disagrees with many of my viewpoints, and I am pretty sure he knows that I strongly disagree with many of his. Therefore, imagine my surprise when, out of the blue, I received this email amidst my cancellation:

“Sorry for the ‘**** storm’ that you've got going on at present. I once told a friend that the best rainbows come after the ****-storms, and it seemed to help (at least momentarily).
My thoughts are with you.
We all get troubles and I figure it’s good to let people know they aren’t forgotten when it’s their turn.
Hang in there.”

I cannot express how much this email meant to me. There are moments in my life when things happen that strike something very deep within me, and the only way I can express it is that they remind me of heaven.
Rob wrote:Somehow, this message meant immeasurably more to me from someone who I know opposes much of what I believe than it would have from someone who I considered to be a close friend.

Sincerity is a gateway to God, and when we do good to those who oppose us, it is very likely that we have the purest of motives, and this cuts like a knife through any amount of seeming enmity.
https://upwardthought.blogspot.com/2022 ... eeded.html

We have a lot of differences of opinion that we share on this forum and I think a lot of us (I'm not naive, I'm not going to say everybody feels this way) feel the same way as Rob describes here;
Rob wrote: I say this to Denver Snuffer, and to all other people, all over this world: No matter what differences may exist between what we hear, I TRULY and SINCERELY wish you all success and strength in following the voice of the Lord to you.

I sincerely believe that, little by little, all differences will evaporate between those who love God with all their heart, might, mind, and strength, as we converge in becoming more like Christ.
I want to be someone people feel comfortable addressing difference of opinions with me without it causing a strain on any connection that may exist between myself and them.

I hope the truth will truly set us all free and allow us to ease the burdens of those we care about as the sun seems to be setting on the times of the Gentiles (IMO).
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on November 27th, 2022, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Wholesome moment between alleged messengers and a good message for all believers trying to find the truth

Post by Luke »

Nice

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

messengers and a good message

Post by BeNotDeceived »

You forgot one that hears from a Spirit, and has posted about it here.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: messengers and a good message

Post by BuriedTartaria »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 27th, 2022, 12:21 pm You forgot one that hears from a Spirit, and has posted about it here.
Sorry, I didn't mean to forget!

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 27th, 2022, 12:21 pm You forgot one that hears from a Spirit, and has posted about it here.
Share more. Maybe in laymen’s terms. Because even though much has been said it is very hard to follow at times.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

FoundMyEden wrote: November 27th, 2022, 4:49 pm
Share more. Maybe in laymen’s terms. Because even though much has been said it is very hard to follow at times.
That isn't going to happen with BeNotDeceived :p

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I wish the Spirit would speak in layman’s terms as I’m still mostly stumped by the SPACEMAN message. :lol:

It’s pretty simple to see how 57 may be sad to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant by reading the posts of Michael Sherwin, who now can only post in Outer Darkness. The first of four earthquakes was a 5.7, and the associated timing pattern is shown at https://march8miracle.org.

The golden one is ringing the dinner bell, so that’s it for now. ✌️

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 27th, 2022, 5:41 pm
I wish the Spirit would speak in layman’s terms as I’m still mostly stumped by the SPACEMAN message. :lol:

It’s pretty simple to see how 57 may be sad to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant by reading the posts of Michael Sherwin, who now can only post in Outer Darkness. The first of four earthquakes was a 5.7, and the associated timing pattern is shown at https://march8miracle.org.

The golden one is ringing the dinner bell, so that’s it for now. ✌️
Enjoy your dinner.