Why no sin?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Why no sin?

Post by marc »

darknesstolight wrote: November 27th, 2022, 2:18 pmWhat makes someone "filthy"? Why do we assume "unclean" means what we think it means? What's "unclean"?

Sin does not make a person "filthy". Sin is a condition of ignorance and blindness and the blame goes to the scapegoat, which has always been the "black sheep", the "bad guy", "the shadow".
These questions are answered in scripture, but I have addressed a few above: lust, covetousness, etc. To sin is to miss the mark (Hebrew hatta). What is the mark? Jesus Christ is. To be anything more or less than what Jesus is is to miss the mark. It is corruption. One must be like Jesus to be saved and He told us how in His sermon on the mount. Ignorance is not an excuse.

D&C 131:5 (May 17th, 1843.) The more sure word of prophecy means a man’s knowing that he is sealed up unto eternal life, by revelation and the spirit of prophecy, through the power of the Holy Priesthood.
6 It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.

You cannot be saved without knowing WHO it is that is saving you. Knowledge is a covenant term. Adam knew Eve. The brother of Jared knew Jesus, having faith no longer. Life is an open book test and you have all the answers. You just have to find them and apply them. "I didn't know" will not be an excuse that gives you a free pass.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

marc wrote: November 27th, 2022, 2:26 pm
darknesstolight wrote: November 27th, 2022, 2:18 pmWhat makes someone "filthy"? Why do we assume "unclean" means what we think it means? What's "unclean"?

Sin does not make a person "filthy". Sin is a condition of ignorance and blindness and the blame goes to the scapegoat, which has always been the "black sheep", the "bad guy", "the shadow".
These questions are answered in scripture, but I have addressed a few above: lust, covetousness, etc. To sin is to miss the mark (Hebrew hatta). What is the mark? Jesus Christ is. To be anything more or less than what Jesus is is to miss the mark. It is corruption. One must be like Jesus to be saved and He told us how in His sermon on the mount. Ignorance is not an excuse.

D&C 131:5 (May 17th, 1843.) The more sure word of prophecy means a man’s knowing that he is sealed up unto eternal life, by revelation and the spirit of prophecy, through the power of the Holy Priesthood.
6 It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.

You cannot be saved without knowing WHO it is that is saving you. Knowledge is a covenant term. Adam knew Eve. The brother of Jared knew Jesus, having faith no longer. Life is an open book test and you have all the answers. You just have to find them and apply them. "I didn't know" will not be an excuse that gives you a free pass.
Oh you want to defend your error? Oh ok.

Well, I answered the questions already and corrected your erroneous posts. You can remain in ignorance if you want and pretend you know and I don't.

Like they say you can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

😀

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

darknesstolight wrote: November 27th, 2022, 3:04 pm Oh you want to defend your error? Oh ok.

Well, I answered the questions already and corrected your erroneous posts. You can remain in ignorance if you want and pretend you know and I don't.

Like they say you can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

😀

I cited scriptures and quoted God. You told me I'm wrong. We're obviously speaking two different languages. Have a nice day. :)

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Robin Hood wrote: November 27th, 2022, 8:41 am As I think we probably all know, it is stated that God will not tolerate even the least degree of sin in heaven.
I have often wondered why this is.
I think of a typical family where there are people in various stations in life. The struggling ones don't get thrown out or told they can only come as far as the garden shed.
Everyone sits around the same table and eats the same food. None are left to starve or just thrown scraps.
So it strikes me as odd that the perfect Father would require absolute sinlessness from anyone wanting to participate in the heavenly family.

With this in mind I was listening to a podcast earlier this week in which an explanation was offered. To me it kind of made sense, though I would be interested in the thoughts of fellow LDSFF contributors.

It was suggested that the reason God has a zero tolerance policy is that he doesn't want another war.
Sin/rebellion was tolerated before and that led to war and destruction in the end.
Interesting thought.
This is why he sent his son, Jesus, to cover us in his robe of righteousness and give us his name, the new name of Jesus Christ. All of this hinges on that unpopular concept, repentance

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

darknesstolight wrote: November 27th, 2022, 2:18 pm What makes someone "filthy"? Why do we assume "unclean" means what we think it means? What's "unclean"?

We are not even "half" awake. We are seeing through a glass that's not very clear. We see smudged light, low frequency light, we think we know things but we know very little.

my perspective:

clean = sanitary
unclean = insane

a child is sane
an adult is adulterated. "To mix the pure with the impure".

The natural man is adulterated by his own creations of illusions which he has chosen to assimilate over his years. He has created a "self" that is fictitious. Why do we argue? We argue to protect our own self created truth. Not the actual truth, but the fabricated "knowing" that defines our difference from others. When man actually does know the truth, he will not argue it. Truth needs no defense. When someone defends "the truth" he is defending his perception.

we all have a long way to travel. Home awaits our choice to return when we abandon the natural man.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

FrankOne wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:20 pm The natural man is adulterated by his own creations of illusions which he has chosen to assimilate over his years. He has created a "self" that is fictitious. Why do we argue? We argue to protect our own self created truth. Not the actual truth, but the fabricated "knowing" that defines our difference from others. When man actually does know the truth, he will not argue it. Truth needs no defense. When someone defends "the truth" he is defending his perception.
WOW. Dynamic Post. You can tell when people know the truth. They will post and not argue.

People are only defending their perception.

My perception: People who aggressively defend all things Church (Corporation) are defending their own perceptions. Same goes for people who argue for their position; they are defending their self created truth.

Thank you, FrankOne.