Special witness

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Special witness

Post by Mamabear »

Todd: Jesus is good and I’m important. 🙄
A special witness to his name. Well I guess we’re all prophets then…. and all special too.
EE528281-1601-4030-BDB3-368280024589.jpeg
EE528281-1601-4030-BDB3-368280024589.jpeg (129.52 KiB) Viewed 1219 times

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Re: Special witness

Post by Momma J »

I cannot even begin to explain the feelings that overcome me while reading this. How absurd.

On second thought, I appreciate that he is letting the world know that he is not a witness to Jesus Christ, he simply endorses the logo behind the brand.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

I believe that they believe that it is their office that makes them special. Not anything they have actually witnessed.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I really dislike language like this. It’s so flowery yet vague and unmeaning. It feels extremely fake.

cab
captain of 1,000

Post by cab »

Luke wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:45 am I really dislike language like this. It’s so flowery yet vague and unmeaning. It feels extremely fake.
It’s why even talks all about Jesus given in conference ring so hollow to me. They might be all about Jesus but give very little indication that they know Jesus 1st hand.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

cab wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:38 am
Luke wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:45 am I really dislike language like this. It’s so flowery yet vague and unmeaning. It feels extremely fake.
It’s why even talks all about Jesus given in conference ring so hollow to me. They might be all about Jesus but give very little indication that they know Jesus 1st hand.
On the plus side, at least they've stopped pretending they've all met Jesus.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

I read this about why they use "witness of the name of Christ ".
It is from Section 107.

"Religious Educator (RE): Elder Bednar, what does it mean to you to be a special witness of the name of Christ in all the world?` (see D&C 107:23)

Elder Bednar: The role of an Apostle today is the same as it was anciently (see Acts 1:22; 4:33). Our commission is to go into all the world and proclaim “Jesus Christ, and him crucified” (see Mark 16:15, 1 Corinthians 2:2). An Apostle is a missionary and a special witness of the name of Christ. The “name of Christ” refers to the totality of the Savior’s mission, death, and resurrection—His authority, His doctrine, and His unique qualifications as the Son of God to be our Redeemer and our Savior. As special witnesses of the name of Christ, we bear testimony of the reality, divinity, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, His infinite and eternal Atonement, and His gospel."

cab
captain of 1,000

Post by cab »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:51 am
Sheez, I guess.

cab
captain of 1,000

Post by cab »

CuriousThinker wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:20 am I read this about why they use "witness of the name of Christ ".
It is from Section 107.

"Religious Educator (RE): Elder Bednar, what does it mean to you to be a special witness of the name of Christ in all the world?` (see D&C 107:23)

Elder Bednar: The role of an Apostle today is the same as it was anciently (see Acts 1:22; 4:33). Our commission is to go into all the world and proclaim “Jesus Christ, and him crucified” (see Mark 16:15, 1 Corinthians 2:2). An Apostle is a missionary and a special witness of the name of Christ. The “name of Christ” refers to the totality of the Savior’s mission, death, and resurrection—His authority, His doctrine, and His unique qualifications as the Son of God to be our Redeemer and our Savior. As special witnesses of the name of Christ, we bear testimony of the reality, divinity, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, His infinite and eternal Atonement, and His gospel."

Talk about empty statements.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

You will know if a man has seen Jesus of Nazerath, regardless of whom he is, what station in life he holds, wether his wrists are covered in costly gold jewelery or in iron shackles.
When he speaks the oppressed, the weary, the lonely and the outcast shall be comforted and filled with joy.
For when such a man testifies, he shall only speak of the Man from Nazerath, and as he does he will speak with a bold yet tender Authority, unlike Churchly heirarchies, his words bring vitality and life, Jesus becomes a living reality, ever so near, ever so close to the soul in trouble, indeed the Man from Nazerath steps out of biblical history and walks in the midst of all whom hear the mans voice that day ....
Such men today are but few in number, oft they are considered devils and heretics, oft hated and feared by Churchly institutions, they are the remnant that has upheld the Cross of Jesus thru out the long centuries, that stoke the fires of faith were ever they go for a season, bringing hope and comfort to all that give heed to their sayings.

Indeed a river of living water attends their every word that quenchs the thirst of any one that drinks of it, never to thirst again.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

CuriousThinker wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:20 am The “name of Christ” refers to the totality of the Savior’s mission, death, and resurrection
[citation needed]

That sounds made up out of whole cloth, to divert the question away from personal appearances. Anyone could that . . .

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Mamabear wrote: November 25th, 2022, 4:43 am Todd: Jesus is good and I’m important. 🙄
A special witness to his name. Well I guess we’re all prophets then…. and all special too.

EE528281-1601-4030-BDB3-368280024589.jpeg
What a manipulative bunch of bs.🙄

layer8prob@gmail.com
captain of 100

Post by layer8prob@gmail.com »

I believe the real meaning of "special witness of Christ" within the Church refers to those who have received the second endowment or second anointing in case anyone is wondering:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=703yOcfvD3s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMNvKP9z5pU

A couple decades ago before my father died, he some how knew about this second anointing and thought one day he'd receive it. I never picked up on it until years later as I didn't know about it until more recently but knowing what I know now it makes sense. He'd talk about being exhalted in this life if he did a good enough job. The problem was, he was not a financially successful person nor was he well connected within the Church so there was no chance of him ever getting this so-called second anointing.
Last edited by layer8prob@gmail.com on November 25th, 2022, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

layer8prob@gmail.com wrote: November 25th, 2022, 10:14 am I believe the real meaning of "special witness of Christ" within the Church refers to those who have received the second endowment or second anointing in case anyone is wondering:
Most of them haven't had an appearance. It's an ordinance, with a charge similar to Oliver's charge to the apostles. The ordinance is functionally really just a "lifetime achievement award," or a crony- or nepotism gift to friends. I also refuse to believe that someone who has received it cannot fall. When Tom Phillips sued President Monson in England, the Church refused to excommunicate him, so that shows that they are loathe to remove membership from someone who has received it (he gloated loudly that they wouldn't do anything to him because he had received it). I don't believe that God would exempt gross sinners because they had received the ordinance. That seems like buying indulgences to me.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:51 am
If only they’d quit pretending that the church wasn’t &#%!@? by Brother Brigham and company.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

as far as receiving a C&E or more sure word of prophecy. If you read closely what Peter says (for salvation) and what it says in D&C 132 (4 times) about having received the new and everlasting covenant and having been sealed up by HSoP (C&E for exaltation), you will see that it is not for the faint of heart. It appears that the atonement in some ways is suspended and the individual, while sealed up to the reward must become or remain perfect or pay the price themselves w/o leveraging all or some of the atonement. It says the individual must pay the price themselves and must be turned over to the buffetings of Satan. It seems it is a two edged sword. Beautiful and yet terrible. Not something to be trifled with unless offered by the Lord as only the Lord would truly know someone who could survive it. It is not fun or enjoyable to be "destroyed in the flesh".

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

in the Come unto Christofferson manual soon to be released, it states special witnesses to his name *
* this does not include seeing Christ or speaking to him face to face as a man to another.

So he both saw and handled the 12 pt Times New Normal Roman font used in the spelling of Christ's name for the church logo
Last edited by Letfreedumbring on November 25th, 2022, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Letfreedumbring wrote: November 25th, 2022, 3:34 pm in the Come unto Christofferson manual soon to be released, it states special witnesses to his name *
* this does not include seeing Christ or speaking to him face to face as a man would to another.

So he visually inspected the 12 pt Times New Normal Roman font used in the spelling of Christ's name for the church logo
🤣🤣🤣I can't help but laugh..... Maybe I really shouldn't.....but I can't help it

cab
captain of 1,000

Post by cab »

TheChristian wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:41 am You will know if a man has seen Jesus of Nazerath, regardless of whom he is, what station in life he holds, wether his wrists are covered in costly gold jewelery or in iron shackles.
When he speaks the oppressed, the weary, the lonely and the outcast shall be comforted and filled with joy.
For when such a man testifies, he shall only speak of the Man from Nazerath, and as he does he will speak with a bold yet tender Authority, unlike Churchly heirarchies, his words bring vitality and life, Jesus becomes a living reality, ever so near, ever so close to the soul in trouble, indeed the Man from Nazerath steps out of biblical history and walks in the midst of all whom hear the mans voice that day ....
Such men today are but few in number, oft they are considered devils and heretics, oft hated and feared by Churchly institutions, they are the remnant that has upheld the Cross of Jesus thru out the long centuries, that stoke the fires of faith were ever they go for a season, bringing hope and comfort to all that give heed to their sayings.

Indeed a river of living water attends their every word that quenchs the thirst of any one that drinks of it, never to thirst again.

Amen! I have but tasted of Him and His love. But I truly have tasted. And that is enough to make Him my only object of desire. He truly makes gardens blossom in the desert.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

layer8prob@gmail.com wrote: November 25th, 2022, 10:14 am I believe the real meaning of "special witness of Christ" within the Church refers to those who have received the second endowment or second anointing in case anyone is wondering:

A couple decades ago before my father died, he some how knew about this second anointing and thought one day he'd receive it. I never picked up on it until years later as I didn't know about it until more recently but knowing what I know now it makes sense. He'd talk about being exhalted in this life if he did a good enough job. The problem was, he was not a financially successful person nor was he well connected within the Church so there was no chance of him ever getting this so-called second anointing.
Maybe when he got to other side he rejoiced knowing he didn’t even need it, as he was embraced by God. ❤️

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

We can go back to the simplicity of what Jesus taught and declared to be his gospel. It leaves all the awesome unknowns for God to administer, himself.

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

It was fortunate that your father wasn't inducted to the Mormon Hall of fame. Most of those who recieve their second annointing will be among that infamous group of " I never knew you"

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

If they (as Apostles) had actually seen Him, they'd say so. They would make that perfectly clear.

Instead, they must be vague and ambiguous.
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on November 26th, 2022, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I think the "safe and effective" misguidance was God's way of letting all of us know that these guys are not what we've supposed they were.

We've received about as clear of a warning as could be transmitted. Committed idolators will NOT get the message, though, as their idols cannot be allowed to fail. I think there will be no special credit extended for what they chose to idolize, either. Idolatry is idolatry.

p8riot
captain of 100

Post by p8riot »

cab wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:24 am
CuriousThinker wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:20 am I read this about why they use "witness of the name of Christ ".
It is from Section 107.

Talk about empty statements.
Many words that still don't describe what makes their testimony "special". Missionaries and members testify of all of that stuff all the time.