Special witness

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Re: Special witness

Post by Atrasado »

Chip wrote: November 27th, 2022, 11:13 am This Mormon missionary came into a relationship with Christ and realized that was all he needed:

I'm pretty sure that Jesus taught that unless a man is born of water and spirit he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. So that means that an ordinance, baptism, is required. Didn't Jesus also teach that if we love Him we will keep His commandments? How can we claim to have faith in Christ if we don't love Him? So, to me, it seems that we have to keep His commandments if we are to be saved in the Kingdom of God. But aren't we to follow the higher law and not the lower law of carnal commandments? Sure, we don't offer sheep as burnt offerings anymore. But it doesn't mean we don't have commandments.

If anything, the commandments are higher. Not even thinking lustful thoughts, let alone committing physical adultery, is the higher law. Not getting mad or frustrated or annoyed at the person going 12 mph under the speed limit, let alone not killing him, is keeping the higher law. (you can tell from my example that I'm still working on that law) We all violate God's commandments so we all MUST have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His atoning blood. It is only through His grace that we can be made whole. But, if we are not willing to repent of all our sins by keeping the commandments we cannot be saved for He will not save us against our own wishes. That would be a violation of our agency.

The authority that was restored through Joseph Smith was and is absolutely required for men to be exalted in the Kingdom of God. What we have done with that authority since it was restored has been great at times, and lamentable at other times. I fear that, as a Church, we have been destroyed spiritually as prophesied in the book of Daniel and physical destruction soon follows. But Daniel also prophesied that Michael, the archangel who is the great prince and our father Adam, will stand up and we, if we have kept the witness of God and been valiant in our testimony of Christ, will be delivered. I know this will happen soon, and I believe it will be within the span of our natural lifetimes. Would to God that I might see that day!