How to "Pluck Out the Prophets", the Lord's Way [Discussion]

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How to "Pluck Out the Prophets", the Lord's Way [Discussion]

Post by endlessQuestions »

LDS Physician wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:33 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:23 am
LDS Physician wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:11 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 4:06 pm

Well, if it's the Lord's Church, we don't need to take it back...

... but what recourse do we have if there needs to be some housecleaning?

If the Lord was willing to reveal to us the nature of the problem (secret combinations), is it reasonable to assume that He also revealed to us the nature of the solution?

Or is He just going to take care of all this on His own (I'm willing to entertain the idea if someone has some evidence).
The solution has already been outlined in a prophecy listed in doctrine & covenants section 101.
Excellent. I will take a look.
Start around verse 42
I love people who save me time. Thanks, LDSP (if you ever feel like apostatizing from LDSFF, maybe you could start a competing forum called "LDS Physician's Forum"... I don't think the creator could sue). :lol:

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

endlessismyname wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:45 am
LDS Physician wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:33 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:23 am
LDS Physician wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:11 am

The solution has already been outlined in a prophecy listed in doctrine & covenants section 101.
Excellent. I will take a look.
Start around verse 42
I love people who save me time. Thanks, LDSP (if you ever feel like apostatizing from LDSFF, maybe you could start a competing forum called "LDS Physician's Forum"... I don't think the creator could sue). :lol:
Ha! It would be an unmitigated disaster! But I'll take the compliment! Happy Thanksgiving!

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

blitzinstripes wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 4:35 pm When the system is corrupt from the top down, you can no longer work within the system for change. Just like in politics, I do not believe that our votes matter anymore, nor do I believe that America and other allied countries will be "saved" before the second coming.

The church is in the same shipwreck. Nothing the lay membership does at this point will matter. Only the Lord can fix it in his own due time.

Pray and wait. That's about it, imo. Worry about your own salvation and your close circle of family and friends. I couldn't really care less what happens to the corporate church, aka the suits in Salt Lake.

God's about to close the door to this ark.
The Lord has a plan for that. It is detailed in Isaiah 1 and Doctrine and Covenants 1, a portion of which is:

2 For verily the voice of the Lord is unto all men, and there is none to escape; and there is no eye that shall not see, neither ear that shall not hear, neither heart that shall not be penetrated.

3 And the rebellious shall be pierced with much sorrow; for their iniquities shall be spoken upon the housetops, and their secret acts shall be revealed.

13 And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.

14 And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles (that God caused to be written according to 1 Nephi 19), shall be cut off from among the people;

15 For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant;

16 They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.

When it is all revealed, He will remove the false leaders. John Koyle said he talked with Joseph Smith who came to teach him:

The Bishop told of an interview with the Prophet Joseph in Salt Lake City. The two of them were seeking out the latter general authorities. The Bishop asked Joseph what he was going to do. Joseph’s answer was, “I’m going to release them, every last man-jack one of them.” (A man-jack is a mule that must be castrated or cut off to remove their unreconcilable stubbornness to Godly direction.) Joseph then stated, “They had their chance and failed!” https://ogdenkraut.com/?page_id=185

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Cruiserdude wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:20 pm Let's take our church back from the liberal ProgMos now running it! (I have no idea how we do this .....but it sounds good😁kinda like the whole 'take our country back' mantra😂)
The church's and this country's destinies run in parallel.

Fix one.

Fix the other.

Most "Americans" are just guests here.

Birthright citizenship is a masonic illusion.

Birthright Nationhood is something that is neither given nor taken.

We are all members of a Nation.

Just not the same one.

Be a good idea to find out which one soon.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

:idea:
Ebenezer wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:51 pm Regular, every day tithe-payers who have issues with the modern leadership have 3 options:

1) Keep silent

2) Walk away

3) Say something and get kicked out

It’s institutionally impossible to have legitimate issues with any church leaders. Those who the think they do are just activists who are obviously deceived.
I see it the same.

My plan.

Keep silent.

Keep busy with other things.

Enjoy life.

Keep money.

If spouse chooses church over you.

They were never yours to begin with.

The church is changing fast.

A crash is coming.

But you won't be bored.

Seize the day.

1978 opened Pandora's Box.

Not closing it now.

This situation won't last long.

The Tares are marching.

The Wheat are being trampled.

Probably won't survive.

Enjoy anyway.

Sir H

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Turns out somebody else was interested in this question, and got the church to respond:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdHLi4 ... x5Qe9/view

So now I know the path forward, should I choose to walk it.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Rubicon wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:11 pm I've heard the point made that if the FP and Q12 were somehow all taken out, the 1Q70 still has the keys to completely reconstitute the upper quorums.
This has been around since BY. He once said all could be gone except the Deacons and that they could reconstitute the quorums above them.

But, of course, the false doctrine of reconstituting quorums above your own started with him. It had to have, because he needed an excuse to do it. He needed to cover his tracks.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 12:56 am
Rubicon wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:11 pm I've heard the point made that if the FP and Q12 were somehow all taken out, the 1Q70 still has the keys to completely reconstitute the upper quorums.
This has been around since BY. He once said all could be gone except the Deacons and that they could reconstitute the quorums above them.

But, of course, the false doctrine of reconstituting quorums above your own started with him. It had to have, because he needed an excuse to do it. He needed to cover his tracks.
It wasn’t like this at all. Brigham had power to reconstitute any quorum he liked—he had received his second anointing. That gave him power to officiate in any office of the Church and build up the kingdom of God.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

Do you sustain all the officers of the Church? Including the soon to be prophet by the deacons' express decision to be prophet, seer, revelator and all of the people he knows and the people they know as presently reconstituted?

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Probably best to manage one’s expectations in this regard. Where the rubber meets the road it’s mortal foxes guarding the hen house.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: December 11th, 2022, 1:48 am It wasn’t like this at all. Brigham had power to reconstitute any quorum he liked—he had received his second anointing. That gave him power to officiate in any office of the Church and build up the kingdom of God.
It was exactly like that; I've read his quote.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 10:26 am
Luke wrote: December 11th, 2022, 1:48 am It wasn’t like this at all. Brigham had power to reconstitute any quorum he liked—he had received his second anointing. That gave him power to officiate in any office of the Church and build up the kingdom of God.
It was exactly like that; I've read his quote.
I wasn’t talking about the quote, I was saying that what he did wasn’t outside of God’s guidelines. It was all legal.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: December 11th, 2022, 11:49 am I wasn’t talking about the quote, I was saying that what he did wasn’t outside of God’s guidelines. It was all legal.
You can show that in the D&C where a lesser quorum can reconstitute a higher? To where do you link this legality.

The D&C does give the members the option of voting in a President of the High Priesthood, but there's no indication that he will still give them revelation as he does when he himself calls them. You definitely can't call it coincidence that the D&C ended with Joseph.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

the Lord's Way

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 1:13 pm
Luke wrote: December 11th, 2022, 11:49 am I wasn’t talking about the quote, I was saying that what he did wasn’t outside of God’s guidelines. It was all legal.
You can show that in the D&C where a lesser quorum can reconstitute a higher? To where do you link this legality.

The D&C does give the members the option of voting in a President of the High Priesthood, but there's no indication that he will still give them revelation as he does when he himself calls them. You definitely can't call it coincidence that the D&C ended with Joseph.
True that,

the only recent accounts of credible speaking of the Spirit happens here,

but now mostly only is subforum 57.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: the Lord's Way

Post by Shawn Henry »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:46 pm only is subforum 57.
Yeah, they have some real good recipes there. Who knew Heinz could be used in so many ways.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: the Lord's Way

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:51 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:46 pm only is subforum 57.
Yeah, they have some real good recipes there. Who knew Heinz could be used in so many ways.
What follows is our latest brew quickly implemented just now by our fab forum Creator.
Michael Sherwin wrote: December 10th, 2022, 9:04 pm Agent38
Simple, Extraordinaire and uniquely searchable for those with a willingness to believe. :)

search.php?keywords=Agent38+ Will find present and future instances of its usage. It don’t get no better than that.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 1:13 pm

If you’re claiming that I said that “a lesser quorum can reconstitute a higher”, then you didn’t even read what I said.

There is no higher authority given to man than that bestowed by the Second Anointing.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: December 11th, 2022, 3:34 pm There is no higher authority given to man than that bestowed by the Second Anointing.
But that's not church administration authority, now is it. If the 12 had even remotely thought that, they would have jumped on the opportunity to bring that up in the succession crisis. Their silence shows none of them thought this.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Also, BY reaffirms this throughout his ministry by continually not mentioning the authority of the Second Anointing in regard to church authority and by making statements about the 12 reforming the FP. He never once says anything about those who have the Second Anointing can reform any quorum.