A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

Post by tmac »

EIMN, you're offering some interesting stuff. It may not be the kind of big reveal that a lot of people are looking for, but it does seem to be offering dots that might be connected with other dots that AGF provided in the puzzle that is the Mormon Church's ongoing 150+ year waltz with the World.

There were plenty of attackers and naysayers when AGF attempted to provide information about some of these dots, so it won't be surprising if you get some of the same kind of reaction.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Re: A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

Post by FrankOne »

tmac wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:08 pm EIMN, you're offering some interesting stuff. It may not be the kind of big reveal that a lot of people are looking for, but it does seem to be offering dots that might be connected with other dots that AGF provided in the puzzle that is the Mormon Church's ongoing 150+ year waltz with the World.

There were plenty of attackers and naysayers when AGF attempted to provide information about some of these dots, so it won't be surprising if you get some of the same kind of reaction.
As I read the thread the first time , I was really surprised at the reactions. It was his thread, his "forum" and people lashed out at him like little angry kids for many different reasons. It helped me to understand the current condition of the populace in general. The impatience of his style and derision at the content. It was very telling.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

FrankOne wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:13 pm
tmac wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:08 pm EIMN, you're offering some interesting stuff. It may not be the kind of big reveal that a lot of people are looking for, but it does seem to be offering dots that might be connected with other dots that AGF provided in the puzzle that is the Mormon Church's ongoing 150+ year waltz with the World.

As I read the thread the first time , I was really surprised at the reactions. It was his thread, his "forum" and people lashed out at him like little angry kids for many different reasons. It helped me to understand the current condition of the populace in general. The impatience of his style and derision at the content. It was very telling.
I thought his "rambling" may have been a deliberate attempt to weed out certain types. Perhaps those lacking the requisite attention span that it would take to even do the footwork in the first place and/or the trolls on the payrolls or other agenda-driven personalities here. Perhaps he hoped the latter would lose interest or lament they had to read through so much "crap", like they should be getting paid more to do it, and disappear. I wonder if it were these types that resorted to trolling and badgering in hopes he would just cut to the chase so they could begin tearing things up.

Or maybe that was just his personality, which I could also appreciate.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Well nobody really likes long-windedness.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Durzan wrote: November 30th, 2022, 5:57 pm Well nobody really likes long-windedness.
Depends if it adds character to the story. Or gives time to go investigate for oneself.

Slow but steady wins the race.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

JuneBug12000 wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:06 pm
Durzan wrote: November 30th, 2022, 5:57 pm Well nobody really likes long-windedness.
Depends if it adds character to the story. Or gives time to go investigate for oneself.

Slow but steady wins the race.
Depends. Cause it sure felt like it was taking him a year just to write one letter down that was even a hint towards the clue he wanted. There's patience, and then there's dragging your feet. And he was definitely dragging his feet.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

I guess there are exceptions because it didn't bother me at all. He was an old guy telling his story. It was his to tell in his way. People could have simply stopped tuning in, but they didn't. The problem was theirs, not his. They weren't offended, they TOOK offense and went on the offense. It was insane.

If you read his words carefully, he shared many small diamonds during his monologue in unusual places. He was careful and wise. I was going to post about them here, but if people don't have the mental fortitude to read through it, then they really aren't the types that would benefit from the information.

This world is filled with "give me what I want, right now, and in the way that I demand it". "Satisfy ME or shut up!".
It's a Klown world full of malformed snowflakes.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 30th, 2022, 5:54 pm

I thought his "rambling" may have been a deliberate attempt to weed out certain types.
^ this

A hobby of mine has been to study ancient philosophy. It took me some time to discover that the deepest truths were usually couched in what others would consider frivolous or mundane drivel.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 30th, 2022, 5:54 pm

I thought his "rambling" may have been a deliberate attempt to weed out certain types. Perhaps those lacking the requisite attention span that it would take to even do the footwork in the first place and/or the trolls on the payrolls or other agenda-driven personalities here. Perhaps he hoped the latter would lose interest or lament they had to read through so much "crap", like they should be getting paid more to do it, and disappear. I wonder if it were these types that resorted to trolling and badgering in hopes he would just cut to the chase so they could begin tearing things up.

Or maybe that was just his personality, which I could also appreciate.
He was telling a story.

His story.

And the way he was telling it did indeed weed people out.

Perhaps he was following this guy's advice.

“Do not give dogs what is sacred.”

“Do not cast your pearls before swine"

Perhaps not.

I initially thought he was a Troll.

But one I liked because of of his style.

He was entertaining.

If he was a troll.

He hooked me fair and square.

But I don't think he was.

Sir H
Last edited by HVDC on December 1st, 2022, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Probably people called AGF out for being a troll because his account and posting tactics followed exactly inline with those documented in literal shill training guides (i.e. https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm) :

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..
Technique #1 - 'FORUM SLIDING'

If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique, a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view, it is simply a matter of logging into each account, both real and fake, and then 'replying' to prepositioned postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment.

This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting, it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unusable postings. By this means, it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.
Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.
Several other tactics of interest were used to suck people in and waste time
One way to neutralize a potential activist is to get them to be in a group [thread] that does all the wrong things. Why?

1) The message doesn't get out.

2) A lot of time is wasted

3) The activist is frustrated and discouraged

4) Nothing good is accomplished.
Saboteurs

Some saboteurs pretend to be activists. She or he will ....

1) Write encyclopedic flyers (in the present day, websites)

2) Print flyers in English only.

3) Have demonstrations in places where no one cares.

4) Solicit funding from rich people instead of grass roots support

5) Display banners with too many words that are confusing.

6) Confuse issues.

7) Make the wrong demands.

Cool Compromise the goal.

9) Have endless discussions that waste everyone's time. The agent may accompany the endless discussions with drinking, pot smoking or other amusement to slow down the activist's work.
Last edited by nvr on November 30th, 2022, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Railroad - Unraveling

Post by BeNotDeceived »

nvr wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:31 pm Probably people called AGF out for being a troll because his account and posting tactics followed exactly inline with those documented in literal shill training guides (i.e. https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm) :

COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum..

If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique, a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view, it is simply a matter of logging into each account, both real and fake, and then 'replying' to prepositioned postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment.

This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting, it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unusable postings. By this means, it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.
One way to neutralize a potential activist is to get them to be in a group [thread] that does all the wrong things. Why?

Saboteurs

6) Confuse issues.

9) Have endless discussions that waste everyone's time. The agent may accompany the endless discussions with drinking, pot smoking or other amusement to slow down the activist's work.
Who are the activists?

What are they activating?

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

nvr wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:31 pm Probably people called AGF out for being a troll because his account and posting tactics followed exactly inline with those documented in literal shill training guides (i.e. https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm) :

Saboteurs

6) Confuse issues.

Whatever.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Re: Railroad - Unraveling

Post by nvr »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:36 pm

Saboteurs

6) Confuse issues.

Who are the activists?

The excerpts I quoted are from a collection of supposed guidelines for saboteurs and co intel pro agents in general who's goal would be suppress or neutralize activists, which, in this case = forum posters. My hunch is that there's a few accounts here like on any other freedom / truth-oriented forum which have shills acting to derail discussions. They know the exact type of honey to use to draw people's attention and waste their time. Someone could verify, but I believe everything AGF posted is public knowledge, just packaged in an attractive 'sit down and let me tell you a story' fashion. We're all highly susceptible to preferring information spoon-fed to us which I believe is why people will watch the evening news, despite it being 90 percent fake news and propaganda.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: Railroad - Unraveling

Post by tmac »

nvr wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:49 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:36 pm

Saboteurs

6) Confuse issues.

Who are the activists?

The excerpts I quoted are from a collection of supposed guidelines for saboteurs and co intel pro agents in general who's goal would be suppress or neutralize activists, which, in this case = forum posters. My hunch is that there's a few accounts here like on any other freedom / truth-oriented forum which have shills acting to derail discussions. They know the exact type of honey to use to draw people's attention and waste their time. Someone could verify, but I believe everything AGF posted is public knowledge, just packaged in an attractive 'sit down and let me tell you a story' fashion. We're all highly susceptible to preferring information spoon-fed to us which I believe is why people will watch the evening news, despite it being 90 percent fake news and propaganda.
Both in this thread and the previous thread it is you and others who engage in exactly the kind of tactics you have described that completely derail and dilute the thread.

Are you an Activist? What is your objective?

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I’ve been on the forum awhile and have seen it degrade significantly in quality over the years. It’s well deserved indignation that’s driving me and others who don’t want to see this place turn into any more of a dumping ground for sh_t posters.
It’s been a year, so where’s the conclusion? It is pathetic with that long of a runaway you can’t see that been defending this grade ‘A’ shill.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I did not see AGF as a troll. I saw him being trolled by various members who should have backed off and let him tell his story, no matter how long it took. My one and only complaint against AGF is his continually feeding of the trolls. It was frustrating watching him reply to each attack. It reminded me of President Trump replying to all who attacked him on twitter.

The puzzles that AGF offered were intriguing and I enjoyed digging through the internet to find answers. But, then again... I love puzzles. Some want the puzzle to be already put together for them, so that they can walk by and admire the beauty. No fault to either group.
Last edited by Momma J on December 2nd, 2022, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Momma J wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:01 am I did not see AGF as a troll. I saw him being trolled by various members who should have backed off and let him tell his story, no matter how long it took. My one and only complaint against AGF is his continually feeding of the trolls. It was frustrating watching him reply to each attack. It reminded me of President Trump replying to all who attacked him on twitter.

The puzzles that AGF offered were intriguing and I enjoyed digging through the internet to find answers. But, then again... I love puzzles. Some want the puzzle to be already put together for them, so that they can walk buy and admire the beauty. No fault to either group.
Yeah, the hate towards him was almost more vitriolic than some polygamy threads I've see... and that's saying a lot.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Read some of his earliest posts, and tell me what sort of fellow he was.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

John Tavner wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:02 am
Momma J wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:01 am I did not see AGF as a troll. I saw him being trolled by various members who should have backed off and let him tell his story, no matter how long it took. My one and only complaint against AGF is his continually feeding of the trolls. It was frustrating watching him reply to each attack. It reminded me of President Trump replying to all who attacked him on twitter.

The puzzles that AGF offered were intriguing and I enjoyed digging through the internet to find answers. But, then again... I love puzzles. Some want the puzzle to be already put together for them, so that they can walk buy and admire the beauty. No fault to either group.
Yeah, the hate towards him was almost more vitriolic than some polygamy threads I've see... and that's saying a lot.
I was genuinely surprised to see how some treated him and his story. Not a big deal really, but just didn't expect to see that towards an individual. You can kinda expect that with 'topics' that people get real heated up about, but not a random forum member telling a story ....but I was surprised to see how some responded towards him and his story.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

nvr wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:07 am Read some of his earliest posts, and tell me what sort of fellow he was.
Not all of us need you to try to lead us around by the nose. What you have said about AGF says more about you than it does about him. But you just can't let it go, right?

AGF started the Railroad thread. EIMN started this one, and several others about the railroad thread. Because you care so very much about this forum, why don't you start your own thread to pick apart all those threads. and their OPs? Maybe you'll get more traction that way.

Not everyone is dependent on someone else to tell them what and how to think.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

tmac wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:46 am
nvr wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:07 am Read some of his earliest posts, and tell me what sort of fellow he was.
Not all of us need you to try to lead us around by the nose. What you have said about AGF says more about you than it does about him. But you just can't let it go, right?

AGF started the Railroad thread. EIMN started this one, and several others about the railroad thread. Because you care so very much about this forum, why don't you start your own thread to pick apart all those threads. and their OPs? Maybe you'll get more traction that way.

All these low-quality threads and threads about these threads result in forum slide and forum dilution. The health of a forum and ability it's ability to keep focus on high-impact issues is degraded by these tactics.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I have a couple of observations. First, I asked AGF a couple simple questions. the result was constant non-stop attacking me personally. He never answered the question but kept up a personal attack for no reason. I saw maybe 15-20 attacks on people (including me) between even one drop of story. I gave up worrying several times but then out of the blue, he would add insults to his attacks. I don't pretend to know why. I don't really care but wish to be clear that he spent more time personally attacking people than building his story.

Next, I'm very confused about the concerns for getting the railroad to Utah and saying it is hypocritical to move the saints out of America then invite connectivity? Seems that was always the plan, well after the plan to build Zion in America failed multiple times in Joseph's lifetime (OH, MO, IL). I think there were a great effort to build and connect LDS to American culture and don't see it as evil in any way. Best of both worlds for a while, freedom of religion yet connected to god's chosen country.

BTW it isn't the first time. God told Abram to move to Israel area that turned out to be the path between middle east (and near east) and salt routes from ancient Timbukto. It made Abraham one of the wealthiest men in the world (his own armies, 300 servants, 10,000's cattle, friends with Pharoah, etc...) it seems not a bad thing. Also, to read texts of Melchizedek it appears he was one of the wealthiest in the world and most renown for knowledge, etc and vied the mirh traditions of the Saudi penninula. Just food for thought for those who think god's utopia is full segregation from civilization... but seems he says to live in but not of the word, .... not to even not live in it.

Further, I agree that BY had the church, government and personal stuff all mingled (as did Joseph before him) which I don't like, but the railroad was only a tiny piece, same with building towns, buildings, merchantile, farming, water, mining (he started Las Vegas), banking, militia, etc..... My point is picking out some funding issues around getting Utah (Deseret) connected with America (both coasts) is the one area that required connection with both west and east coast businesses.

Also, interesting the the RR is topic of today's issues as our friend Biden and his friend Nancy determine laws regarding personnel policies for RR's in the lame duck congress.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

nvr wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:04 am
tmac wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:46 am

All these low-quality threads and threads about these threads result in forum slide and forum dilution. The health of a forum and ability it's ability to keep focus on high-impact issues is degraded by these tactics.
The reality is that LDSFF ebbs and flows. The idea of you and other self-appointed guardians of the “health of the forum,” “thread quality,” and insuring a “focus on high impact issues” is more than a little humorous. The same types of things were being said about the volume of redundant polygamy threads that were all the rage for a while. But that issue seems to have resolved itself without “guardian intervention.”

From my perspective, the Forum has been in a fairly serious ebb for a few months now. Instead of criticizing everyone and everything else, why don’t you bring a “high impact” thread to the table? I’ll be watching for it.

And, please, please identify the "high impact issue" threads for us, so that we'll know which ones to watch for and focus on. Thanks.
Last edited by tmac on December 5th, 2022, 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Cruiserdude wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:18 am

I was genuinely surprised to see how some treated him and his story. Not a big deal really, but just didn't expect to see that towards an individual. You can kinda expect that with 'topics' that people get real heated up about, but not a random forum member telling a story ....but I was surprised to see how some responded towards him and his story.
That's why I wondered if the ones attacking him were the trolls. But then there is the issue of the image he used for his avatar. It's only found on the internet on what appears to be a CIA-Type cover business which was put up after he started posting. How's that possible? So overall, it was a very weird thread, I think.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Atrasado wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:46 am
Cruiserdude wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:18 am

That's why I wondered if the ones attacking him were the trolls. But then there is the issue of the image he used for his avatar. It's only found on the internet on what appears to be a CIA-Type cover business which was put up after he started posting. How's that possible? So overall, it was a very weird thread, I think.
I dunno how stuff is 'possible'(I'm the last guy to be able to answer that kind of stuff), I was just really surprised folks sought to pester and shut down the story/thread.