A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

Post by endlessQuestions »

Okay, I'm going to try to do this slowly.

For those not familiar with the backstory, a user who went by the name of "A Global Faith" showed up and set this forum on its ear a while ago.

I was not around, apparently, but for those interested in understanding what happened, the thread can be found here:

viewtopic.php?t=62446&hilit=A+Global+Faith

It's one of the most fascinating threads I've seen... ever... on any board. But it takes a boatload of patience to work through, so prepare yourself before entering they abyss.

As I worked through this data last night, one question kept popping up in my mind... why did AGF choose the avatar picture he did?

Choosing a picture takes time, energy, effort. It reveals intent.

So why did AGF choose this particular photo?

We'll start our investigation there...

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I was not around for this thread either and was only just told about it by someone over DM, ran into the mysterious profile myself this week and thought it looked odd, and now you're posting this... Feel like I'm being nudged to go through that thread for some reason. 🤔

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:10 am I was not around for this thread either and was only just told about it by someone over DM, ran into the mysterious profile myself this week and thought it looked odd, and now you're posting this... Feel like I'm being nudged to go through that thread for some reason. 🤔
Lots of nudging...

... and lots of pushing, and pulling, and accusing, and distracting, and... well, you get the point.

This place just got a lot more interesting.

EDIT: in the interest of full disclosure, I've privately and publicly asked FoxMamma to use her gender identifying skills to take a look at AGF's avatar photo. You can't see my public request unless you have access to the Private Discussions forum, so sorry about that. I'll update this thread with her response, and any findings, as they become available (should she choose to oblige me).

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Ok, this is going to be all for today.

Creator, I know about and share your concern regarding doxxing... I need to know, is it okay to post links to publicly available websites that contain contact information for individuals associated with this picture pulled from its metadata?

Based on your response, I'll proceed accordingly...

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

You've got some interesting analysis here. That image in the info you found on it are a bit disconcerting. It makes me wonder if the firm you found with the image is like Arbusto energy or Brewster Jennings & Associates, if you know what I mean. But why would people like that be interested in people like us?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Atrasado wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:59 am You've got some interesting analysis here. That image in the info you found on it are a bit disconcerting. It makes me wonder if the firm you found with the image is like Arbusto energy or Brewster Jennings & Associates, if you know what I mean. But why would people like that be interested in people like us?
I actually don't know what you mean, but I'll be looking into it at some point.

And your question is entirely appropriate.

I don't know the answer... but perhaps they don't care about people like us, but were just looking for a battleground (playground) where the op could be run, and settled on this site since it's the most pro-free speech LDS site out there.

Note that even though this site is remarkably free speech, there's an entire negotiation that takes place between AGF and the mods of the site... all about maintaining data integrity. Or, if you'd like, preserving evidence. Fascinating.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Atrasado wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:59 am You've got some interesting analysis here. That image in the info you found on it are a bit disconcerting. It makes me wonder if the firm you found with the image is like Arbusto energy or Brewster Jennings & Associates, if you know what I mean. But why would people like that be interested in people like us?
I can't see the image info link that was posted. Where was it posted?

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:02 am Okay, I'm going to try to do this slowly.

For those not familiar with the backstory, a user who went by the name of "A Global Faith" showed up and set this forum on its ear a while ago.

I was not around, apparently, but for those interested in understanding what happened, the thread can be found here:

It's one of the most fascinating threads I've seen... ever... on any board. But it takes a boatload of patience to work through, so prepare yourself before entering they abyss.

As I worked through this data last night, one question kept popping up in my mind... why did AGF choose the avatar picture he did?

That AGF thread has been one of the greatest mysteries to me for so many reasons, not all of them related to AGF. I found some of the responses from so many on this forum uncharacteristic, gave me pause, and any additional clarity would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for starting this thread.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:29 am
It's A Global Faith's avatar photo.

His profile can still be viewed here on the site using the Search function.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:29 am
A related thread.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:31 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:02 am Okay, I'm going to try to do this slowly.

That AGF thread has been one of the greatest mysteries to me for so many reasons, not all of them related to AGF. I found some of the responses from so many on this forum uncharacteristic, gave me pause, and any additional clarity would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for starting this thread.
The tactics used by AGF were professional. I'm not at all convinced that anyone has "met" AGF, or that AGF's persona has anything to do with AGF the person. Linguistic analysis would reveal a lot. Don't have the time or the equipment to do that, though.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:45 pm

The tactics used by AGF were professional. I'm not at all convinced that anyone has "met" AGF, or that AGF's persona has anything to do with AGF the person. Linguistic analysis would reveal a lot. Don't have the time or the equipment to do that, though.
Wasn't 'A Global Faith' the uncle, or great uncle, or related to a guy on here that goes by screen name 'Hyloglyph'??
I'm pretty sure that's how it broke down but not 100% positive.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Cruiserdude wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:56 pm

Wasn't 'A Global Faith' the uncle, or great uncle, or related to a guy on here that goes by screen name 'Hyloglyph'??
That's the story.

The reality? TBD.

But let's not get sidetracked (and I include myself here). What's important is the INFORMATION that was relayed by AGF and his band of merry men. I'll try to do better focusing on the INFORMATION, its TRUTHFULNESS, and its RELEVANCE moving forward.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:16 pm

That's the story.

The reality? TBD.

But let's not get sidetracked (and I include myself here). What's important is the INFORMATION that was relayed by AGF and his band of merry men. I'll try to do better focusing on the INFORMATION, its TRUTHFULNESS, and its RELEVANCE moving forward.
I gotcha. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if AGF was simply an old farmer/rancher that had a lot of personal dealings and experience and maybe even warnings with the 'business/corporate' side of 'the church corporation'....and he had a nephew that set him up to share that stuff here in the forum... And I agree, the important part is the info being shared, that should be the focus.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Cruiserdude wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:31 pm
endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:16 pm

That's the story.

The reality? TBD.

I gotcha. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if AGF was simply an old farmer/rancher that had a lot of personal dealings and experience and maybe even warnings with the 'business/corporate' side of 'the church corporation'....and he had a nephew that set him up to share that stuff here in the forum... And I agree, the important part is the info being shared, that should be the focus.
I could still see it this way, too. If I remember correctly, AGF claimed to have been a lawyer for many years and may have inside information from court cases involving the Church or him defending it, but I could be wrong. Just throwing it out there, and I agree, let's amass the information/facts first.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Me wonders if his initials include A, G or F and how that relates to the Georgia Guidestones incident?

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

After a brief dust-up at the beginning, I've always been fascinated with AGF's information and genuinely wanted to hear the rest of the Working on the Railroad story. I agree, it had a lot of potential, but unfortunately withered on the vine. Having spent some time and effort on those particular tracks, and having now become personally acquainted with Hyloglyph, I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

I recall this guy. I think that was the thread where he kept engaging someone that was argumentative and he got all flustered . I couldn't understand why he kept re-engaging with that person, i think it was a woman and although it was somewhat hilarious, it certainly detracted from the thread content. Didn't he disappear at the end without finishing his total , dragged out forever, story?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

yes. this is the thread that i remembered.

He spoke at length about how Nelson and Oaks were installed by Hinckley.
Supposedly he heard an incoherent Kimball which supposedly was lucid for a moment, in the middle of the night, appoint Nelson and Oaks.

then after a few casual , non-informative comments, he posts this: page 21.
=======================================

"The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this."

===========================

then on the same page: another one of his comments:

Two large armies confront each other.

They take positions 3 quarters of the way up opposing hillsides. A valley lays between them.

Night falls.

A certain group of men being aware of subtle craft cross the valley through tall grass.

They enter their enemies camp. Fires are lit and the troops are conversing before sleep. The certain group of men mix in among them.

When morning comes they fight alongside their enemies. Against their own brethren. They know the battle will be quick. Their brethren draw short contact and retreat.

The subtle crew rejoices with their enemies and celebrates the rousting of their brethre
n
==============================

it's obvious to me that he is referring to a corrupt Hinckley which installed the two without any authorization from Kimball. He implies that Hinckley isn't alone in this deception.

I hope I'm not overstepping in this thread, but I"ve been skimming it and remembered that the above is what caught my attention before.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

That's not the way I remember it. From what I recall, he said it supposedly was Kimball in a lucid moment (unless Hinckley was lying), who chose Nelson and Oaks, completely out of left field -- and set the Church on course to its current status 40 years later.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

tmac wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:24 pm That's not the way I remember it. From what I recall, he said it supposedly was Kimball in a lucid moment (unless Hinckley was lying), who chose Nelson and Oaks, completely out of left field -- and set the Church on course to its current status 40 years later.
What I got out of the story was that the good doctor most likely beguiled the Hinkley when he called him to say Kimball had mysteriously become lucid.

I wonder if a knowledgeable man could bring someone out of an induced mental stupor.

Repeat a certain simple phrase repeatedly.

Call a dummy over to hear that phrase mumbled.

Make the dummy repeat it back.

Usher the dummy out to spread the good news (Which he does a very convincing job of because he heard it with his own two ears.)

Could set himself up to take over?

Decades later?

Meanwhile.

Everybody wins.

Plenty of graft all around.

Except poor Spencer.

He goes back to sleep.

All just pawns in someone's long con?

Who changed the Corporation back to Corporate Sole?

Which, if my memory is correct, might have been the very thing Lee was probably killed for getting rid of?

So many trails.

Lots of pepper scattered about.

Say what is truth?

Who the hell knows?

AGF?

cui bono

Not me.

Sir H

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

To eliminate speculation based on our respective memories and/or interpretations regarding what AGF said over a year ago, regarding something that happened almost 40 years ago, we just as well go back to his exact words, and go from there:
So Kimball was running in some of the same circles I was running in but I didn’t know him. And he was much much older than me. He was already an apostle before President Nelson had even graduated from University of Utah. But he may have known who I was just due to my friends and relations. I know that when he was at the tail end of his life he was in a situation where he was not coherent. For a long time. This is probably not dissimilar to what I saw recently happen with President Monson. And I believe it happened to President Benson as well. And I believe it happened to others also. But for President Kimball it was happening for a lot longer time. Years.

I believe they put him up in the Hotel Utah. At least for a time they did. And he had nurses and etc looking after him around the clock. He escaped out of there a time or two I heard. They found him once escaped but lying asleep outside in the grass under the shade of a tree. Bible open next to him. Opened to the gospel of St John is the way I heard it.

Anyhow let’s move up a year or two and we get to the point that they needed two more apostles. President Benson wasn’t running it. He may have been in Europe at the time I don’t know. President Hinckley was running the show while President Kimball was incoherent. One night they decide to go ahead and make the call. Did they have President Kimballs blessing or consent? I don’t know. Publicly it’s said one way and privately I’m not sure. It could be another way.

Anyhow, what I’m getting to is that the two who were selected for membership into the quorum of the 12 apostles while President Kimball was incapacitated were President Nelson and President Oaks. They were called at the same exact time but in that order. Meaning President Nelson has a minute or two seniority over President Oaks and this is what was gamed out and decided on while old President Kimball was holed up in the Hotel Utah short and old.

That is more needed backstory. Some may be familiar to you some may not be. Thank you.
Well the word to President Benson who was head of the 12 at the time was from President Hinckley.

President Hinckley told President Benson and Elder Packer and the rest of them that the nurses has called him in the middle of the night. Around 2 or 3 in the morning. Nurses called President Hinckley to tell him that President Kimball was acting lucid.

So President Hinckley rushes over to the Hotel Utah or wherever they were keeping President Kimball and asked him to make appointments to the Quorum of the 12 on the spot. President Kimball, who had not been coherent for years at this point except in little spurts, in the middle of the night, tells President Hinckley “Russell Nelson and Dallin Oaks” and then drifts back off into incoherency.

That would have been the word given to Ezra Taft Benson and others.

Now remember a few things. One, President Nelson was President Kimballs doctor at the time. Had been for years. Two, DHO and RMN were friends and had been for years. DHO had tried to recruit RMN when DHO was at University of Chicago. During the original summer riots. DHO was assistant dean. Three, when DHO was President of BYU he had a public spat with an apostle over what the apostle was terming Keynesian economics and socialist doctrines and more. That Apostle was President Benson. A man named Jeffrey R Holland was then brought in to replace DHO and that is the point when Dallin H Oaks crosses paths with me
Now, what follows was my interpretation, and how I summed it up at the time:
While SWK was in failing health and completely incompetent and unable to give any input, including informed consent, the church was completely blindsided in 1984 with the near simultaneous dual selection of two worldly heavy-hitters at the time, RMN and DHO, to the Q12 (similar to UP's board of directors). And now, almost 40 years later, those two are essentially running the global faith church, with the help of a fairly similar cast of current characters, most of whom are cut from essentially the same cloth.
I think the FP at the time would have been SWK, MGR, and GBH. ETB would have been president of Q12. With SWK incapacitated, Romney was probably presiding.

At least hypothetically, if everything is done only with unanimous consent, any one of the Q15 could/would have had veto power. But if anything like that ever happens we'd never know about it, even today, let alone back then.

What happened in 1984 is really interesting considering the fact that Benson, Packer, Maxwell and McConkie would have all been involved.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Railroad On LDSFF

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Much ado about nothing.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: Railroad On LDSFF

Post by tmac »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:13 am Much ado about nothing.
Definitely agree that it is Much Ado. My question is Exactly What is the “Nothing” You’re Referring to? — this most recent flare-up of interest, or how RMN and DHO were chosen almost 40 years ago, and how that relates to where the Church is today?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Railroad On LDSFF

Post by BeNotDeceived »

tmac wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:23 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:13 am Much ado about nothing.
Definitely agree that it is Much Ado. My question is Exactly What is the “Nothing” You’re Referring to?
The something is something, but the church is nothing since Brigham and company &#%!@? it.