Is LDSFF a honeypot?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Is LDSFF a honeypot?

Post by endlessQuestions »

Just a word to the wise…

I don’t know where I was when “A Global Faith”, “Magnus MacLeod”, “Connecting The Dots” and crew showed up and blew the forum up with their Railroad thread,

But after reviewing that whole thing it seems pretty clear to me that there are “true messengers” (lol) here at LDSFF trying to nudge people towards some devastating information, and some other influences working very hard to keep you looking anywhere but “there”.

If you’re not comfortable being monitored, I’d steer clear of this site. Smells too sweet to be good for one’s health…

As for me, I’m already on every list I want and need to be on, so onward and forward…

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Is LDSFF a honeypot?

Post by Thinker »

It probably does attracts many & may be a honeypot in the sense of “A trap set to detect or deflect attempts at unauthorized use of information systems.”

Not to encourage paranoia, but part of PSY OPS aimed “legally” at Americans (& many others), is massive surveillance, & trying to shut down free speech by various forms of intimidation.

Be careful, yes. But don’t let anything stop you from spiritual promptings. Which reminds me of the need to be more focused in that.

“The WORD was God.”
It’s no wonder Christ is considered the archetype of free speech.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Thinker wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:42 am It probably does attracts many & may be a honeypot in the sense of “A trap set to detect or deflect attempts at unauthorized use of information systems.”

Not to encourage paranoia, but part of PSY OPS aimed “legally” at Americans (& many others), is massive surveillance, & trying to shut down free speech by various forms of intimidation.

Be careful, yes. But don’t let anything stop you from spiritual promptings. Which reminds me of the need to be more focused in that.

“The WORD was God.”
A very interesting, and relevant observation.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:12 am Just a word to the wise…

I don’t know where I was when “A Global Faith”, “Magnus MacLeod”, “Connecting The Dots” and crew showed up and blew the forum up with their Railroad thread,

But after reviewing that whole thing it seems pretty clear to me that there are “true messengers” (lol) here at LDSFF trying to nudge people towards some devastating information, and some other influences working very hard to keep you looking anywhere but “there”.

If you’re not comfortable being monitored, I’d steer clear of this site. Smells too sweet to be good for one’s health…

As for me, I’m already on every list I want and need to be on, so onward and forward…
I don't really want to look through hundreds of pages. Do you know what the railroad thread was about? To me, it just seemed like it was a good way to waste people's time.

As for the honeypot concept, I wouldn't be worried about it, whether it's true or not. I would definitely be aware of it, though. The whole internet is a honeypot in the sense you're talking about.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

harakim wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:18 pm

I don't really want to look through hundreds of pages. Do you know what the railroad thread was about? To me, it just seemed like it was a good way to waste people's time.

As for the honeypot concept, I wouldn't be worried about it, whether it's true or not. I would definitely be aware of it, though. The whole internet is a honeypot in the sense you're talking about.
I would say the main thrust of the Railroad thread was that we should pay close attention to the book of Ether.

And it presented proof that, at the time, seemed radically inappropriate, but has now been verified by primary documents and several reliable sources.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I might leave or significantly stop posting. Not out of rudeness or spite but feeding and playing a role in the building up of players portraying themselves as special messengers with doctrine im not behind is a poor use of my time

Online communities live and die. They go through phases. My phase here may be largely done. I’m surprised a message board centered on independent Book of Mormon believing and unorthodox analysis of establishment Mormon history hasn’t risen up

I think one should. I think such a forum would have great value.

I’ll keep an eye here but things seem odd.

I’d rather spend more time investigating work produced by Rob Smith and Denver Snuffer than entertain alleged messengers on here who have a flavor of Q to them while lacking what I consider to be compelling material

Online communities have their value but they also have major weaknesses (thought take over, silencing with cliques, doxxing)

They seem to always die. The Remnant Movement, from what I can see, has really struggled finding a successful online community. And they’re a relatively small and scattered but loyal people. An online community seems like it could really thrive for them. Unfortunately, the main one I’ve been in contact with seems to rarely have much conversation going on and often has people asking for large amounts of money on a regular basis. I’m not saying you shouldn’t help the poor and I know they’re being on everyone being equal, but it gives an impression that not much is going on there

And now it sounds like here there’s some sort of potentially coordinated effort of multiple users suggesting they’re privy to important info and speaking in riddles? Online communities are a gift and a curse

I believe in the Book of Mormon but I feel like I’m always just led to disappointing dead ends
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on November 23rd, 2022, 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Thinker wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:42 am It probably does attracts many & may be a honeypot in the sense of “A trap set to detect or deflect attempts at unauthorized use of information systems.”

“The WORD was God.”
"the archetype of free speech" . . . I like that and agree with it.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 8:12 am

I figure I'm also in all the databases since I filed my vaccine exemption statement with my large financial holding company back in 2021. Like this one that was being pushed by the executive branch back in late 2021 to track the religiously exempt unvaccinated. It was supposed to be online Feb 10 of this year. Can't find anything about whether it ever came online or not, though, which is probably an answer in itself.

So, no going back for me now either.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:44 pm

I figure I'm also in all the databases since I filed my vaccine exemption statement with my large financial holding company back in 2021. Like this one that was being pushed by the executive branch back in late 2021 to track the religiously exempt unvaccinated. It was supposed to be online Feb 10 of this year. Can't find anything about whether it ever came online or not, though, which is probably an answer in itself.

Good for you. I'm pretty sure that database doesn't feed into the Lamb's Book of Life, if you know what I mean. They've probably tried to lock out God's access.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

endlessismyname wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:46 pm
Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:44 pm

Good for you. I'm pretty sure that database doesn't feed into the Lamb's Book of Life, if you know what I mean. They've probably tried to lock out God's access.
They certainly don't like the name Jesus Christ on any of their books. eg. "The Church of Latter Day Saints" in the WEF

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

BuriedTartaria wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:29 pm I might leave or significantly stop posting. Not out of rudeness or spite but feeding and playing a role in the building up of players portraying themselves as special messengers with doctrine im not behind is a poor use of my time

Online communities live and die. They go through phases. My phase here may be largely done. I’m surprised a message board centered on independent Book of Mormon believing and unorthodox analysis of establishment Mormon history hasn’t risen up

I think one should. I think such a forum would have great value.

I’ll keep an eye here but things seem odd.

I’d rather spend more time investigating work produced by Rob Smith and Denver Snuffer than entertain alleged messengers on here who have a flavor of Q to them while lacking what I consider to be compelling material

Online communities have their value but they also have major weaknesses (thought take over, silencing with cliques, doxxing)

They seem to always die. The Remnant Movement, from what I can see, has really struggled finding a successful online community. And they’re a relatively small and scattered but loyal people. An online community seems like it could really thrive for them. Unfortunately, the main one I’ve been in contact with seems to rarely have much conversation going on and often has people asking for large amounts of money on a regular basis. I’m not saying you shouldn’t help the poor and I know they’re being on everyone being equal, but it gives an impression that not much is going on there

And now it sounds like here there’s some sort of potentially coordinated effort of multiple users suggesting they’re privy to important info and speaking in riddles? Online communities are a gift and a curse

I believe in the Book of Mormon but I feel like I’m always just led to disappointing dead ends
Sure.

It's your life.

I take sabbaticals from this board all the time - it's rough waters, and tires me out.

I agree that AGF's style is frustrating. I prefer people who speak plainly. But from my perspective, there was actually a lot of "plain truth" lain out in that thread, but couched in a whole lot of mystery. Which, come to think of it, is kind of how our Savior taught. So, since I have the energy and time right now, I'm willing to investigate a bit.

I hope you find an online community that feeds your soul.

I, for one, very much appreciate your perspective and your sincere desire to "play fair". I would miss your posts should you choose to leave.

Best of luck, and Happy Thanksgiving!

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

As is so very often the case, those who actually know the least often have the most to say about it. And, once again, that appears to be the case here, in this, and (what 4-5 now?) associated threads, all attempting to say essentially the same thing.
Last edited by tmac on November 24th, 2022, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

More of a honey do melon. 🍈

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

I would personally LOVE it if my behavior here would bubble up to my priesthood leaders and that they were “forced” to take action, despite my efforts to remain anonymous. I have a wonderful bishop and stake president to whom I have voiced my concerns and still have retained a temple recommend notwithstanding.

If, however, action ends up being taken based on my need to vent and hash out my feelings anonymously, then I welcome what I could only call persecution for His name’s sake.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

I doubt that this is a honeypot. If it were, I would have been fired and excommunicated a long time ago. Just sayin.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

endlessismyname wrote: November 24th, 2022, 7:42 am
I, for one, very much appreciate your perspective and your sincere desire to "play fair". I would miss your posts should you choose to leave.

Best of luck, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Okay, I'll stay! Thanks for your kind words

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

You can say an awful lot online (liberal or conservative extremes) that differs from the party line out of Salt Lake, and it doesn't matter unless you get a sizeable following. Just discussing on a message board won't get you in hit water.

That said, I'm sure online forums are read, and I'm sure attempts are made to identify people in Salt Lake. I think it's more "just in case" people develop into people with a following or a bully pulpit.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

When I see the term honeypot, I think of the sexually-related traps to catch spies or compromise people in general, which I believe is a prior usage to the term as used in computing.

Setting up a site to catch people making controversial.statements/allegations or even threats, is more like a 'catch-basin'. ;)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I was probably on the radar for various things long before I came on here. I've said the wrong things on social media before, been blacklisted/shadow banned and have also known various people who would be considered threats to the British state!

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Niemand wrote: November 24th, 2022, 4:32 pm I was probably on the radar for various things long before I came on here. I've said the wrong things on social media before, been blacklisted/shadow banned and have also known various people who would be considered threats to the British state!
That just means.

You are one of the good guys.

And that makes me glad.

Sir H

Ciams
captain of 100

Post by Ciams »

Yes, they're on to you because you know the truth. Best to hide in your closet for a week.