Club Q Colorado shooting suspect is LDS

Discuss political news items / current events.
downaletter
captain of 10

Club Q Colorado shooting suspect is LDS

Post by downaletter »

The suspect in custody was named as Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63693310

Aldrich in the LDSTools App:

Anderson's mother, Laura Vopel is also a member.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Club Q Colorado shooting suspect is LDS

Post by gruden2.0 »

Article with some interesting info. They surely want to make sure a lot of info about the suspect gets out there fast:

https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/

downaletter
captain of 10

Post by downaletter »

gruden2.0 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 11:04 pm Article with some interesting info. They surely want to make sure a lot of info about the suspect gets out there fast:

https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/
His mother's facebook profile was public (and still is), so it's easy to find lots of information. LDSTools app isn't private at all.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Almost certainly he was abused and a victim of the mind control cult, was trained and set up for this act. His LDS status only confirms it to me. I wonder what his proximity to a military base was?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

logonbump wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:28 am Almost certainly he was abused and a victim of the mind control cult, was trained and set up for this act. His LDS status only confirms it to me. I wonder what his proximity to a military base was?
Well Colorado Springs is home of the Air Force Academy to its north and Fort Carson to its south. NORAD's facility is in Cheyenne Mountain which is very close to Colorado Springs.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

logonbump wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:28 am Almost certainly he was abused and a victim of the mind control cult, was trained and set up for this act. His LDS status only confirms it to me. I wonder what his proximity to a military base was?
Obviously not trained, and has no sense. There are many better plans and ways to target fish in a barrel like that, so I can't see how they are in their right mind.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

A quote from the Heavy article up thread. His grandfather is a Republican politician.
Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California. Voepel represents the 71st district in the San Diego area.
Not suspicious at all. :roll:

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

ransomme wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:46 am
Obviously not trained, and has no sense. There are many better plans and ways to target fish in a barrel like that, so I can't see how they are in their right mind.
Not trained like a gangster to get away with it, but empowered to pull of a hoax and take the fall as a patsy, you know?

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

why point out who's grandson he is? why not his parents? is it because the parents are raving democrats?

seems really odd.....

downaletter
captain of 10

Post by downaletter »

mudflap wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:14 am why point out who's grandson he is? why not his parents? is it because the parents are raving democrats?

seems really odd.....
His mother is a registered Republican.
https://voterrecords.com/voter/88997735/laura-voepel

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

If it is the same person, and he is LDS I have no idea what he ever heard in church that made him think this was anything other than grievous sin in God's eyes. OT says thou shalt not kill. NT says love your enemies. Nothing in the Book of Mormon supports aggressive violence.

Also, it shows how far we are down the road of culture warfare that immediately his culture preferences are discovered and published with the implication that his associations should also be punished.

I hope our country is able to back up from violence.
Last edited by tribrac on November 21st, 2022, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

mudflap wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:14 am why point out who's grandson he is? why not his parents? is it because the parents are raving democrats?

seems really odd.....
He was arrested about two years ago for threatening to use a bomb against his mother, and the bomb was recovered from the scene. Later, it all went away. The case was dropped. Perhaps it was his grandfather who had enough political clout, or knew others with that sort of influence, who got the charges dropped.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

I think this kid was chosen because he is LDS. Check out this line from the Heavy article....
The first two victims named in the Club Q shooting were bartenders Derrick Rump and Daniel Aston...
It sounds like a three letter agency is mocking folks. Look at their last names.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Wonder if the local ward is prepared for the media blitz that will hit them. CoPB ought to get their lawyers and PR department to Colorado to help the local ward members show the proper levels of disgust, sadness and repentance so it does not become a fighting point of its own.

CoPB can't misstep here, the stakes are too high.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

tribrac wrote: November 21st, 2022, 1:29 pm Wonder if the local ward is prepared for the media blitz that will hit them. CoPB ought to get their lawyers and PR department to Colorado to help the local ward members show the proper levels of disgust, sadness and repentance so it does not become a fighting point of its own.

Given the evil we have seen in the media, I think they will blow up the connection to the Church sky high. Aren't there some specific prophecies of persecution of the church?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Joan7 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 1:43 pm
tribrac wrote: November 21st, 2022, 1:29 pm Wonder if the local ward is prepared for the media blitz that will hit them. CoPB ought to get their lawyers and PR department to Colorado to help the local ward members show the proper levels of disgust, sadness and repentance so it does not become a fighting point of its own.

Given the evil we have seen in the media, I think they will blow up the connection to the Church sky high. Aren't there some specific prophecies of persecution of the church?
D&C:112

downaletter
captain of 10

Post by downaletter »

Update from Church Spokesman: “The senseless act of violence in Colorado Springs is of great sadness and concern to us. We are greatly troubled by any violence in our communities and condemn most especially violent acts that are the result of intolerance against any of God's children," the statement read. "We join with others in mourning the loss of those whose lives were taken and offer prayers of comfort and deepest condolences to their loved ones. We also pray for healing for the survivors of this shocking shooting and express our love to them."

In addition, the spokesperson said the jump to disparage "an entire faith" based on the alleged actions of Aldrich, who "did not exhibit signs of believing or associating with members of the Church," is "problematic."
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-ne ... -in-church

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

I suspect the church now disavows all musket fire.
Last edited by Letfreedumbring on November 21st, 2022, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The pro-gay marriage LDS are 100% blaming church teachings for the actions of this young man, whether or not he is currently active, because they blame the toxic things he learned in church and his home.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

tribrac wrote: November 21st, 2022, 11:47 am…. Nothing in the Book of Mormon supports aggressive violence.
What this guy did was horrifically wrong. It was also wrong having minors at the club.

Still… the B of M has too much aggressive violence especially to be encouraged “daily reading”…

*Whoever didn’t support Moroni’s “free government” was killed.” -Alma 46:35 & Alma 62:10
*Those who tried to flee were killed. Alma 62:25-26
*They killed +2,000 Lamanites AFTER the Lamanites “surrendered themselves prisoners of war.” -Alma 57:14

“John W. Welch has identified at least 15 major wars or conflicts that spanned the history of Book of Mormon peoples (see chart below).1 A fair portion of the book of Alma (Alma 2–3, 16, 24–25, 43–62) sometimes provides excruciating details concerning the wars between the Lamanites and Nephites. Unforgettable is the tragic downfall of the Nephites at the battle of Cumorah, which resulted in unparalleled death and carnage (Mormon 1–6).”
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... -of-mormon

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

All this is going to do is make the church get even more cozy with LGBT+ people. It's almost like this was planned as there are 2 more senate votes left on the Gay Marriage Bill and opposition within the church and against Mitt Romney was increasing.

Now, with a bunch of gay people killed by a mormon, church members can't keep fighting to stop this bill because it's 'insensitive', 'bigoted' and a 'hate crime'. Nope, no conspiracy theories here, just convenient circumstances!

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

logonbump wrote: November 21st, 2022, 7:06 am
ransomme wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:46 am
Not trained like a gangster to get away with it, but empowered to pull of a hoax and take the fall as a patsy, you know?

Any evidence this is a hoax?

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Thinker, I thought sarcasm was my shtick?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Ooph. Probably going to fuel the left turn to happen quicker. "they HAD to do it, stay in the ship"

Maybe some singular corporate organization, something reflecting any mega-rich business and beholden to the same powers and regulations as them is not what the coming forth of the Book of Mormon was supposed to be about. A fluid movement, in the grass, in the air, organic with no centrality, spanning all walks and circles of life, penetrating different circles of belief and elevating them would be much harder to poison and much harder to throw blame at in a situation like this, rather than a business taking all credit and all ownership of Mormonism.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

Let's break this down:
- People searching for "Q" will find this.
- The Church is bad and hates gays.
- People who hate gays are evil, gays are the victims.

They would've probably included a gun in the formula, if not for the fact that the media would literally choke on how dense of a collection of lies it would form. It'd be very disappointing to see the Church double down on pro-homosexuality in response. Christ's gospel isn't reactive, it is Eternal.