Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
Post Reply
truefreedom
captain of 100
Posts: 622

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by truefreedom »

.
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite

User avatar
madvin
captain of 100
Posts: 649
Location: Stillwater OK

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by madvin »

EmmaLee wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm

Interesting how so many people on the forum are wrong about Ardern, as I've only ever heard her referred to as a lesbian here, and more recently, as a transgender. Makes me wonder how accurate any information on the forum is.

Although, living with a man, and having a baby with him, doesn't mean she isn't a lesbian. I know two women that fit that very description and refer to themselves as lesbians. And whether ex'd or left herself, she's no longer a member of the LDS Church, due to her views on all things gay (or at least, that's the reason she gives). <<shrug>>
"I lived in a flat with three gay friends and I was still going to church every so often and I just remember thinking ‘this is really inconsistent – I’m either doing a disservice to the church or my friends’." - Jacinda Ardern

Atrasado
captain of 100
Posts: 574

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Atrasado »

truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
NATO is of the devil, but I'm still not a big fan of the Assyrian (Putin), either. I think we should be on the side of peace, but we know that won't happen. It will get crazier from here. Hopefully, not too soon.

jonubg
captain of 10
Posts: 39

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by jonubg »

creator wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:17 am UPDATE:

The 2022 Joel Skousen Year End Analysis video is available on YouTube now. BANNED on YouTube.

Rumble video link >>

MP3 download is available at latterdayconservative.com >>

# # #

Announcement from the Highland Group:

You are cordially invited to hear Joel Skousen at the first-Friday-of-the-month Highland Meeting on Friday, December 2, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, at the SLCC Auditorium in Sandy, Utah.

There are a limited number of seats (300) at this venue. Some of you will be driving long distances to attend, and you will want the assurance that you will have a seat when you arrive. Therefore, we are selling tickets via Eventbrite for this meeting. The fee is a nominal $5.00.

If you do not have the money for this event, please let us know, and we will help you out. We hope you will join us. The venue is convenient to the I-15 freeway.

Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Location:
Salt Lake Community College
Miller Free Enterprise Center 101 Auditorium
9750 South 300 West
Sandy, UT 84070

Where to buy tickets? >>

Joel has a ton of valuable information to share with us. This will be a very special World Affairs Brief!
I just watched the whole thing it was excellent plus he did a public Q&A. He called Mit a "disgrace" and everyone clapped.

User avatar
mudflap
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2353
Location: The South
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by mudflap »

truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
yeah, seemed stuck in the cold war to me as well. Russia is not good, but Ukraine is worse. USA shouldn't be involved at all, but here we are...

$50B to Ukraine = $400k for every school in the USA to provide security. Obviously, we know what their priorities are. Not "the children".

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11441

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Original_Intent »

truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
I don't think you understand. Those in favor of NATO expansion, NATO aggression and NATO'S war on Russia are NOT on the side of Ukraine. That's the point. Ukraine is a pawn, one gladly sacrificed.

Sunain
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2409
Location: Canada

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Sunain »

I'm glad to hear that more members than we think are very annoyed with church leadership with their decisions lately. Joel didn't want to get into it when the question was asked and he outright said that he would be concerned about his membership if he did say something. That is not a good place that were at now as members of the Lord's church.

truefreedom
captain of 100
Posts: 622

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by truefreedom »

Original_Intent wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:59 pm
truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
I don't think you understand. Those in favor of NATO expansion, NATO aggression and NATO'S war on Russia are NOT on the side of Ukraine. That's the point. Ukraine is a pawn, one gladly sacrificed.
I understand, I think we all understand that Ukraine is a PAWN for NATO'S proxy war against Russia

User avatar
Jonesy
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1433
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Jonesy »

creator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:36 amYes, much of it were things that you would already know if you're paying a little bit of attention to world events.

Maybe some people just like to hear an "expert" reassure them of what they already know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And there has usually been at least some unique perspective that Joel brings in. I don't necessarily agree 100% with his perspective on everything but I've always enjoyed that yearly Joel Skousen meeting.
This makes me wonder—what are his credentials?; analytical, spiritual, insider? If he’s just saying stuff we all think and know, then he’s either just a regular Joe like us or maybe it’s possible he’s controlled opposition. Why is he so careful about how he talks about the leadership when it can easily be thrown in his face? Not looking for answers, but maybe some considerations. Not saying I don’t appreciate his insight…

User avatar
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11599
Location: England

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Robin Hood »

madvin wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:16 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm

Interesting how so many people on the forum are wrong about Ardern, as I've only ever heard her referred to as a lesbian here, and more recently, as a transgender. Makes me wonder how accurate any information on the forum is.

Although, living with a man, and having a baby with him, doesn't mean she isn't a lesbian. I know two women that fit that very description and refer to themselves as lesbians. And whether ex'd or left herself, she's no longer a member of the LDS Church, due to her views on all things gay (or at least, that's the reason she gives). <<shrug>>
"I lived in a flat with three gay friends and I was still going to church every so often and I just remember thinking ‘this is really inconsistent – I’m either doing a disservice to the church or my friends’." - Jacinda Ardern
So she clearly isn't gay.

User avatar
mudflap
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2353
Location: The South
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by mudflap »

Jonesy wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:08 am
creator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:36 amYes, much of it were things that you would already know if you're paying a little bit of attention to world events.

Maybe some people just like to hear an "expert" reassure them of what they already know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And there has usually been at least some unique perspective that Joel brings in. I don't necessarily agree 100% with his perspective on everything but I've always enjoyed that yearly Joel Skousen meeting.
This makes me wonder—what are his credentials?; analytical, spiritual, insider? If he’s just saying stuff we all think and know, then he’s either just a regular Joe like us or maybe it’s possible he’s controlled opposition. Why is he so careful about how he talks about the leadership when it can easily be thrown in his face? Not looking for answers, but maybe some considerations. Not saying I don’t appreciate his insight…
His credentials are easy enough to find - the Skousen's go way back in the church. Benson quoted Joel's father heavily back in the day.

Obviously, upper leadership has purged itself of any hardcore conservatives of the Benson vein in the last 20-30 years. The Good Ship will either take a Heavenly shakeup or another 30 years to right itself. Hopefully, we get the Heavenly shakeup soon, because I miss the old Amish-like church we used to have.

User avatar
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7223

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by nightlight »

I think Joel Skousen is sincere and organic.
But he's a Brethrenite, so his conclusions are sometimes off the mark imo

The fact that the church doesn't shut him down is interesting though
His message runs contrast to the face our church puts on for the world.

They want fingers in all available pies maybe

They can't be that oblivious to the situation

Maybe RMN was the tipping point though.
That one member of the round table who's "worldly education" bled too far into the psyche. And that member of the round table happened to be next in line for the throne

I don't see Joel doing his thing for much longer.

User avatar
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11599
Location: England

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Robin Hood »

truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
The Cold War is not old school. It has never really ended, but as of late it is fully operative once again.

Jashon
captain of 100
Posts: 308

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Jashon »

Just to get things straight, Joel's father is Leroy, who died in the 1960s of cancer, probably caused by secondhand smoke from his FBI days. Joel's uncle is Cleon, who is the well-known author and speaker. Cleon died in January 2006. Cleon stepped in and helped Joel's mother and the family to some degree when her husband / their father died. There were many children, and only the oldest was college-age at the time of Leroy's death. Joel was probably finishing up high school back then. (I know several of his brothers, and have met Joel and spoken with him, on one occasion.)

User avatar
madvin
captain of 100
Posts: 649
Location: Stillwater OK

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by madvin »

Robin Hood wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:50 am
madvin wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:16 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:57 pm

Interesting how so many people on the forum are wrong about Ardern, as I've only ever heard her referred to as a lesbian here, and more recently, as a transgender. Makes me wonder how accurate any information on the forum is.

Although, living with a man, and having a baby with him, doesn't mean she isn't a lesbian. I know two women that fit that very description and refer to themselves as lesbians. And whether ex'd or left herself, she's no longer a member of the LDS Church, due to her views on all things gay (or at least, that's the reason she gives). <<shrug>>
"I lived in a flat with three gay friends and I was still going to church every so often and I just remember thinking ‘this is really inconsistent – I’m either doing a disservice to the church or my friends’." - Jacinda Ardern
So she clearly isn't gay.
Not clear to me.

User avatar
mudflap
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2353
Location: The South
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by mudflap »

Robin Hood wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:40 am
truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
The Cold War is not old school. It has never really ended, but as of late it is fully operative once again.
granted.
but the deep state needs a war, and it'll do anything to get one. Things were great for the deep state, back when Russia was 100% "certified bad guys" in the 1950's - 1990's.

But it's weird how Russia is now, or has change recently to:
- against gay marriage
- against nazism
- pro family
- drag queens? nope
- against debt
- against foreign meddling.
- against marijuana
- anti-illegal immigration
- pro religion
- reducing abortions (https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/03/pu ... n-culture/)

...while the usa is all for that stuff. But I'm sure it's all part of the russian disinformation campaign! lol. You cannot judge intentions, you can only judge actions.

I see a lot of folks from my parents generation failing to accept that the original cold war with Russia is over. But the USA is no longer "the good guys", so Joel is right about that at least. His pro-Ukraine argument leaves out a lot of stuff that a lot of us have discovered - how come he's not talking about Ukraine as the organ/child sex trafficking capital of Europe? or the Nazification of Ukraine? Or the biolabs? What about the treaties Nato/USA broke with Russia over not placing missiles in all those eastern bloc countries? We (USA) agreed to it and we're not holding up our end of the bargain - why should Russia have to do the same? What about blocking any attempts at peace negotiations? Seems like Mormons should be a peaceful people - why is America so bent on supplying weapons, but no peace negotiators? like not one! Or how about the billions in weapons being sent over there with 0 accountability - some of them showing up in Africa now - Doesn't any of this strike Joel as even a little bit odd? I just don't think Joel is clear or fair or even well read on any of this Russia/Ukraine stuff.

And no, I'm not a slobbering "I love Russia" fanatic. I'm a realist.

As a side note - I also didn't like how he thinks "you come at [your children] like a freight train when they are young" to keep them in line. newsflash: one size doesn't fit all in the child-rearing department. Pretty narrow minded there.

But he's the best we've (Mormons) got right now, as far as conservatism goes, and he's not even in leadership. <- that ought to chill the bones of any "constitution hanging by a thread/ elders swoop in and save us" positors.

User avatar
mudflap
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2353
Location: The South
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by mudflap »

Jashon wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:45 am Just to get things straight, Joel's father is Leroy, who died in the 1960s of cancer, probably caused by secondhand smoke from his FBI days. Joel's uncle is Cleon, who is the well-known author and speaker. Cleon died in January 2006. Cleon stepped in and helped Joel's mother and the family to some degree when her husband / their father died. There were many children, and only the oldest was college-age at the time of Leroy's death. Joel was probably finishing up high school back then. (I know several of his brothers, and have met Joel and spoken with him, on one occasion.)
you are right, of course. I mispoke. I have a couple of Cleon's books, and one I can't remember who I loaned it to - "the Cleansing of America" - great book, IMO - at least someone who is scripturally aware is taking a stab at coming events.

User avatar
Pazooka
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4264
Location: FEMA District 8

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Pazooka »

I get a little nervous feeling inside when he talks about Mitt Romney just being a wannabe rather than an actual insider, and when he poo-poos the recent actions of the Brethren as being chalked up to naïveté.
Last edited by Pazooka on December 5th, 2022, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NowWhat
captain of 100
Posts: 154

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by NowWhat »

I wonder if someone in leadership had a little chat with Joel in the last year. At the very end of his 2021 meeting, he asked people to turn off their phones and keep this discussion quiet, and he did address concerns about the leadership. Not a word, this year. It kind of reminded me of Biden: "They don't want me to say that." Wow. I've wondered, a few months ago, if Eric Moutsos was reined in somewhat as well. So tired of no free speech in the church.
Last edited by NowWhat on December 5th, 2022, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10781

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by EmmaLee »

NowWhat wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:45 pm I wonder if someone in leadership had a little chat with Joel in the last year. At the very end of his 2021 meeting, he asked people to turn off their phones and keep this discussion quiet, and he did address concerns about the leadership. Not a word, this year. It kind of reminded me of Biden: "They don't want me to say that." Wow. I've wondered, a few months ago, if Eric Montos was reined in somewhat as well. So tired of no free speech in the church.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

User avatar
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9569
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

NowWhat wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:45 pm I wonder if someone in leadership had a little chat with Joel in the last year. At the very end of his 2021 meeting, he asked people to turn off their phones and keep this discussion quiet, and he did address concerns about the leadership. Not a word, this year. It kind of reminded me of Biden: "They don't want me to say that." Wow. I've wondered, a few months ago, if Eric Montos was reined in somewhat as well. So tired of no free speech in the church.
I don't know if he had "a talking to" by leadership, but he's certainly aware that his talks are out there on the Internet. I think he's self censoring "just in case".

As for Eric Moutsos, I think he's still going through a realization process. To his credit, he posted the gay men's choir singing at the temple visitor's center info on his Instagram... That's where I got it from. However, he posts it without making comment.

User avatar
BenMcCrea
captain of 100
Posts: 172

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by BenMcCrea »

NowWhat wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:45 pm I wonder if someone in leadership had a little chat with Joel
Last edited by BenMcCrea on December 5th, 2022, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mudflap
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2353
Location: The South
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by mudflap »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:28 pm
NowWhat wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:45 pm I wonder if someone in leadership had a little chat with Joel in the last year. At the very end of his 2021 meeting, he asked people to turn off their phones and keep this discussion quiet, and he did address concerns about the leadership. Not a word, this year. It kind of reminded me of Biden: "They don't want me to say that." Wow. I've wondered, a few months ago, if Eric Montos was reined in somewhat as well. So tired of no free speech in the church.
I don't know if he had "a talking to" by leadership, but he's certainly aware that his talks are out there on the Internet. I think he's self censoring "just in case".

As for Eric Moutsos, I think he's still going through a realization process. To his credit, he posted the gay men's choir singing at the temple visitor's center info on his Instagram... That's where I got it from. However, he posts it without making comment.
we need our own internet.

User avatar
Jonesy
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1433
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Jonesy »

mudflap wrote: December 5th, 2022, 8:34 am
Jonesy wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:08 am
creator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:36 amYes, much of it were things that you would already know if you're paying a little bit of attention to world events.

Maybe some people just like to hear an "expert" reassure them of what they already know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And there has usually been at least some unique perspective that Joel brings in. I don't necessarily agree 100% with his perspective on everything but I've always enjoyed that yearly Joel Skousen meeting.
This makes me wonder—what are his credentials?; analytical, spiritual, insider? If he’s just saying stuff we all think and know, then he’s either just a regular Joe like us or maybe it’s possible he’s controlled opposition. Why is he so careful about how he talks about the leadership when it can easily be thrown in his face? Not looking for answers, but maybe some considerations. Not saying I don’t appreciate his insight…
His credentials are easy enough to find - the Skousen's go way back in the church. Benson quoted Joel's father heavily back in the day.

Obviously, upper leadership has purged itself of any hardcore conservatives of the Benson vein in the last 20-30 years. The Good Ship will either take a Heavenly shakeup or another 30 years to right itself. Hopefully, we get the Heavenly shakeup soon, because I miss the old Amish-like church we used to have.
So, he’s got heritage?

Oh, we’ll get a shakeup alright. I’m still repenting. I hope we’re all ready for it because I think the actual truth will be jarring for many.

jonubg
captain of 10
Posts: 39

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by jonubg »

Original_Intent wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:47 am I've been to one of Joel's Highland meetings, it was VERY worthwhile.
I watched the whole video it was excellent. joel is always right. I am a subscriber to WAB

Post Reply