The 4 Angels of Destruction Released in 1894 (Rev 7:1-4 FULFILLED)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Primary Outcast
captain of 100

The 4 Angels of Destruction Released in 1894 (Rev 7:1-4 FULFILLED)

Post by Primary Outcast »

***Spoiler*** Revelation 7:1-4 has already been fulfilled. The 144,000 have already been sealed and the 4 angels have been released.

1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

On the 22nd of June, 1894, a temple workers' excursion of the workers in the Salt Lake Temple was arranged to Brigham City, Utah, the home of President Lorenzo Snow, president of the Salt Lake Temple at that time. Nearly three carloads of people joined the excursion, and a detailed account of their three days' outing appeared in the August, 1894, number of the Young Woman's Journal. President Snow considered it "a sacred excursion and one that would leave behind a trail of peace and glory that would refresh and enlighten for many months thereafter." Among those who were present were President Wilford Woodruff, George Q. Cannon, Joseph F. Smith, Franklin D. Richards, Zina D. Young, Bathsheba W. Smith, Minnie J. Snow, Edward Stevenson, Margaret P. Young, Emmeline B. Wells, Lucy W. Kimball and many others. During the Sunday services a remarkable statement was made by President Wilford Woodruff, predicting calamities that were to come upon the nations of the earth:
"President Woodruff was filled with the power and influence of the Holy Ghost, on this occasion, so much so that it not only thrilled his own voice, but shook the hearts of his hearers. He began his remarks by saying:" I should not try to speak to this congregation tonight, as I have spoken twice before today ; but there are duties resting upon me that I must attend to. And I want to ask this congregation a question : When I have the vision of night opened continually before my eyes, and can see the mighty judgments that are about to be poured out upon this world, when I know these things are true, and are at the door of Jew and Gentile while I know they are true, and while I am holding this position before God and this world, can I withhold my voice from lifting up a warning to this people, and to the nations of the earth?

I may never meet with this people again; I cannot tell how that may be. But while I live and see these things continually before my eyes, I shall raise my warning voice. Now, the question I wanted to ask you is this: Over the millions of people on this earth, there hangs a cloud of darkness almost entirely upon their shoulders. Can you tell me where the people are who will be shielded and protected from these great calamities and judgments which are even now at our doors? I'll tell you. The priesthood of God who honor their priesthood, and who are worthy of their blessings, are the only ones who shall have their safety and protection. They are the only mortal beings. No other people have a right to be shielded from these judgments. They are at our very doors; not even this people will escape them entirely. They will come down like the judgments of Sodom and Gomorrah. And none but the priesthood will be safe from their fury.

God has held the angels of destruction for many years, lest they should reap down the wheat with the tares. But I want to tell you now, that those angels have left the portals of heaven, and they stand over this people and this nation now, and are hovering over the earth waiting to pour out the judgments. And from this very day they shall be poured out. Calamities and troubles are increasing in the earth, and there is a meaning to these things. Remember this, and reflect upon these matters. If you do your duty, and I do my duty, we'll have protection, and shall pass through the afflictions in peace and in safety. Read the scriptures and the revelations. They will tell you about all these things. Great changes are at our doors. The next twenty years will see mighty changes among the nations of the earth. You will live to see these things, whether I do or not. I have felt oppressed with the weight of these matters, and I felt I must speak of them here. It's by the power of the gospel that we shall escape,'" https://catalog.churchofjesuschrist.org ... 6e77/0/0 (Improvement Era, Oct. 1914, p. 1165.)
Joseph Fielding Smith seconded what President Woodruff said:
“Now I want to make some comments in regard to the statement by President Woodruff and this parable [the parable of the wheat and tares in D&C 86].

“The Lord said that the sending forth of these angels was to be at the end of the harvest, and the harvest is the end of the world. Now, that ought to cause us some very serious reflections. And the angels have been pleading, as I have read it to you, before the Lord to be sent on their mission. Until 1893 the Lord said to them no, and then He set them loose. According to the revelation of President Woodruff, the Lord sent them out on that mission.

“What do we gather out of that? That we are at the time of the end. This is the time of the harvest. This is the time spoken of which is called the end of the world.” (The Signs of the Times, pp. 11–21.)
For the non-readers, here's a snazzy youtube video about it:

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: The 4 Angels of Destruction Released in 1894 (Rev 7:1-4 FULFILLED)

Post by Shawn Henry »

Primary Outcast wrote: November 17th, 2022, 9:40 pm The 144,000 have already been sealed and the 4 angels have been released.
I have some real big issues with this.

"God has held the angels of destruction for many years, lest they should reap down the wheat with the tares. But I want to tell you now, that those angels have left the portals of heaven, and they stand over this people and this nation now and are hovering over the earth waiting to pour out the judgments. And from this very day they shall be poured out."

1. We are to believe that God held back the angels so that the wheat wasn't reaped down as well, but then he releases the destroying angels in 1894, but he doesn't release them to destroy. He releases them to hover over the earth and still not destroy. So, why release them in 1894 when they did absolutely nothing in 1894. If only they were an already existing humorous term for such a premature release.
2.He ends it by saying the next 20 years will see mighty changes in the earth. I'm pretty sure we didn't see much of anything in the next 20 years. Any historians want to correct me on how 1894-1914 were worth mentioning more than WWI or WWII or present day? The 20 year remark tells you how inspired he was.
3. Joseph Fielding Smith seconding that that was a true revelation, and it was the end of the world also show how inspired he was.

These sealed High Priests are living individuals on the earth, and they begin their missions once it is sealed upon them. I think it safe to say that they did not start their mission in 1894.

OurVoices
captain of 50

Post by OurVoices »

Rev 7 has not happened yet which is the AOA event.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 18th, 2022, 2:21 pm
2.He ends it by saying the next 20 years will see mighty changes in the earth. I'm pretty sure we didn't see much of anything in the next 20 years. Any historians want to correct me on how 1894-1914 were worth mentioning more than WWI or WWII or present day?
I would say the formation of the Federal Reserve was a pretty big deal, not to mention the federal income tax.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

It was around that time that allopathic medicine became the norm too.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Federal Reserve and Allopathic Medicine do not apocalypse make.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

In October 1914, WW1 was already in full swing.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

LDS Physician wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:00 pm Federal Reserve and Allopathic Medicine do not apocalypse make.
Nope, but it’s a jolly good start.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Rev 7:1-4 FULFILLED

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shows that Brother Brigham and company, did indeed &#%! the church and only a shadow of its former self remains. President Faust, TSM and DAB are a few shadowy characters that have shown forth through the gloomy darkness.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

The book of Revelation is an End of Time/Day of the Lord prophecy. Not general latter-days prophecy. To go out on a limb and to ballpark the timeframe of the Endtime events...they take place over a 10 to 15 year period.

Anyhow the idea put forward in the OP is just plain silly.