It finally makes sense.

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

It finally makes sense.

Post by marc »

In light of at least three general authorities who are/have been skull and bones men:

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: It finally makes sense.

Post by Original_Intent »

Wow. It almost makes me wonder if the last years of President Benson's presidency, if his inability to speak or do much was due to some ill intent. I know when he was a GA there were those that were happy when he was assigned to Europe in his calling.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Original_Intent wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:55 pm Wow. It almost makes me wonder if the last years of President Benson's presidency, if his inability to speak or do much was due to some ill intent. I know when he was a GA there were those that were happy when he was assigned to Europe in his calling.
Haha, yep! Hugh B. Brown didn't appreciate ETB being part of the John Birch Society. There were lots of newspapers that reported how ETB "embarrassed" the church (leaders) in 1963.
Last edited by marc on November 17th, 2022, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

The following passage just came to my mind:

D&C 112:24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

Crazy times, right now...

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I had a very interesting experience regarding this story a couple of years ago. Suffice it to say that I have no doubt that this story actually happened. I also know one of Kevin’s nephews and one of his father’s plural wives, and I know that they are a good family. Kevin’s dad did a lot of work in the field of spreading the truth.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

marc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:02 pm
Original_Intent wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:55 pm Wow. It almost makes me wonder if the last years of President Benson's presidency, if his inability to speak or do much was due to some ill intent. I know when he was a GA there were those that were happy when he was assigned to Europe in his calling.
Haha, yep! Hugh B. Brown didn't appreciate ETB being part of the John Birch Society. There were lots of newspapers that reported how ETB "embarrassed" the church (leaders) in 1963.
ETB was never a member of the John Birch Society. He did, however, speak well of it. His wife was, I believe, until the day she died a member of the JBS. His son Reed was a regional officer of some sort for many years. As I understand, President Benson ordered subscriptions for The New American magazine for the Q12.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

lundbaek wrote: November 17th, 2022, 9:30 pm
marc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:02 pm
ETB was never a member of the John Birch Society. He did, however, speak well of it. His wife was, I believe, until the day she died a member of the JBS. His son Reed was a regional officer of some sort for many years. As I understand, President Benson ordered subscriptions for The New American magazine for the Q12.
Ok, when I said he was part of it, I didn't mean as a member, but as a supporter, endorser, and defender of it. He was involved with it insofar that he studied the investigative report filed against it and denounced the liberal detractors who submitted it.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Doctors.

Know there are Pharmaceuticals which can mentally incapacate people.

It would be impossible to tell the difference between an organic cause and a contrived one.

Even if someone thought to look.

I wonder who President Kimball's doctor was?

Monson?

Benson?

Hinckley?

Lee?

Sir H

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Skull & Bones. Ok I have known about Hales for about a couple years or so. Also just as long Nelson Owl & Key which I found out shortly after had to be in Skull & Bones previously.
My guess is Owl & Key is patterned after Skrul & Key but I could be wrong. Wolfs Head is another elite one at Yale and the other one is just not coming to me right now.
So this recent book exert in a post made a couple days ago didn’t surprise me at all. About half of this information I heard from Ben McClintock. Who is the 3rd Bonesman out of curiosity?

Well I’m not in any secret club so I would not know just how far the Utah chapter goes or if it’s a mirror image because I ain’t in it.

Still I learned to question everything years ago and haven’t looked back since.

OurVoices
captain of 50

Post by OurVoices »

HVDC wrote: November 18th, 2022, 4:50 am
Doctors.

Know there are Pharmaceuticals which can mentally incapacate people.

It would be impossible to tell the difference between an organic cause and a contrived one.

Even if someone thought to look.

I wonder who President Kimball's doctor was?

Monson?

Benson?

Hinckley?

Lee?

Sir H
I've suspected what you're alluding to for a long time. I feel Monson and Hinckley were corrupt but they needed them out of the way so Nelson and Oaks could rise to power. Monsons dementia could have been slow poisoning. And remember the 3 apostles dying in one year.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

dreamtheater76 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:36 pmWho is the 3rd Bonesman out of curiosity?
Marvin J. Ashton

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

marc wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:26 pm
dreamtheater76 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:36 pmWho is the 3rd Bonesman out of curiosity?
Marvin J. Ashton
He's the one who headed the newly formed LDS Social Services specializing in trafficking children.
His healthy, tennis playing wife died right before his call to the Twelve. She'd walked two miles a day and won doubles tournaments. Sus

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Coming from a different angle here. Steve Benson is a relative of ETB and has talked about him on many occasions. Steve is a bit of what one might call a "total spanner'. He's to the left of Stalin politically and a militant ex-Mormon, is anti-Christianity etc. I think ETB would be ashamed of what he has become... and yet... Steve does have some good stories about ETB and how he was treated in later years. He maintains that ETB was very much under the thumb of certain GAs who controlled what he could say and do, and that he was a virtual prisoner.

I believe that seeing this is what has turned Steve Benson into what he is today. He was clearly affected by it.

Oh, and Pres. Hunter wasn't around for very long, was he?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Niemand wrote: November 20th, 2022, 2:47 amI believe that seeing this is what has turned Steve Benson into what he is today. He was clearly affected by it.
Please elaborate?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

marc wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:52 am
Niemand wrote: November 20th, 2022, 2:47 amI believe that seeing this is what has turned Steve Benson into what he is today. He was clearly affected by it.
Please elaborate?
He saw the corruption of the organisation which alienated him from it.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

marc wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:26 pm
Marvin J. Ashton
That was pretty random. I grew up in the middle of the Kimball and Benson eras so a familiar face.

My grandmother was best friends for many years with Huldah Parker Young wife of S.Dilworth Young. They would be over at my grandparents house for dinner when I was a child. Of course Huldah worked for Ezra Taft Benson and had many stories. She too knew very well not all was well in Zion and seemed to be well informed.

I’m very familiar with the video you shared having ran into it at least a couple years ago. I really like the analysis he puts out. If it were not for the knowledge I had of things that went on in the early church concerning people like Law, Bennett, Parrish, etc it would have been much more difficult to stomach.

It’s funny how I have known several people throughout my life who had incredible information but I was too young to ask questions and really didn’t know too much about anything at the time.

My father did business with a lot of high profile people in Utah. He had the Levitts, Sorensen, John Huntsman, and many others
for many years and was good friends with Ronald Rasband whom he met with frequently when he helped insure Huntsman and Chemical back in the 80’s-90’s.
He used to sound like Alex Jones coming home from work at times. He could not believe some of the corrupt stuff he heard from associates.

He had someone tell him about how the Clintons had a pilot fly them on a plane that had sex cabins. This was back in the early 2000’s. My father passed away way over a decade ago otherwise I would have asked him who told him that information. You can imagine my surprise when I was only starting to discover a lot of the Jeffery Epstein stuff about 9 or so years ago.

I know he wasn’t involved in any of these things or I would have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth and part of a crime family. He was just a corporate insurance broker. I had a normal life growing up. But I know for a fact corruption is everywhere and there is no way on earth it’s not in church headquarters also.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

HVDC wrote: November 18th, 2022, 4:50 am Monson?

Benson?

Hinckley?

Lee?

Sir H
Out of all the potentially diabolic characters listed above, my money is on Sir H.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:16 pm
HVDC wrote: November 18th, 2022, 4:50 am Monson?

Benson?

Hinckley?

Lee?

Sir H
Out of all the potentially diabolic characters listed above, my money is on Sir H.
Birds of a feather.

Sir H

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

marc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:07 pm who have professed to know my name and have not known me[/i][/b], and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
This is a reference to Apostles being called to witness for Christ's name, so really the verse would read: "those who have professed to be Apostles and were not Apostles"

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:21 pm
marc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:07 pm who have professed to know my name and have not known me[/i][/b], and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
This is a reference to Apostles being called to witness for Christ's name, so really the verse would read: "those who have professed to be Apostles and were not Apostles"
Yes, I know. I tend not to be too blunt in my replies these days, preferring nuance. I really appreciate why Jesus spoke in parables and why types and shadows were often used in the writings of prophets.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

No, really this is you throwing a lot of interpretation at scripture. You think that scripture was written only for apostles or those professing to be apostles? /failhorn

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Original_Intent wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:32 pm
No, really this is you throwing a lot of interpretation at scripture. You think that scripture was written only for apostles or those professing to be apostles? /failhorn
That's the only calling to know Jesus is the Christ, the only calling that should be professing to know Christ. We are not talking about professing a belief, we are talking about knowing Christ, as in, being able to testify of him and saying that you know. That is their very calling. No lesser priesthood offices carry this responsibility. None other than general authorities even get the opportunity to speak in the midst of his house.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Niemand wrote: November 20th, 2022, 2:47 am Coming from a different angle here. Steve Benson is a relative of ETB and has talked about him on many occasions. Steve is a bit of what one might call a "total spanner'. He's to the left of Stalin politically and a militant ex-Mormon, is anti-Christianity etc. I think ETB would be ashamed of what he has become... and yet... Steve does have some good stories about ETB and how he was treated in later years. He maintains that ETB was very much under the thumb of certain GAs who controlled what he could say and do, and that he was a virtual prisoner.

I believe that seeing this is what has turned Steve Benson into what he is today. He was clearly affected by it.

Oh, and Pres. Hunter wasn't around for very long, was he?
Agreed, I look at it the same way. Kimball, Benson, and Hunter all faced problems until Hinckley took over.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

This verse is beginning to have fulfillment:

"and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known."

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:49 pm
Original_Intent wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:32 pm
That's the only calling to know Jesus is the Christ, the only calling that should be professing to know Christ. We are not talking about professing a belief, we are talking about knowing Christ, as in, being able to testify of him and saying that you know. That is their very calling. No lesser priesthood offices carry this responsibility. None other than general authorities even get the opportunity to speak in the midst of his house.
The question is, what is the Lord willing to call His house? I look at that more narrowly, that this specific verse applies to them who were called earlier in the time of the church. There were many witnesses that would lead one to believe the Lord accepted the Kirtland Temple. We don't have that for any subsequent temples. We have no scripture of commandments from the Lord to build a temple after Nauvoo, so I don't know that anything has happened 'in the midst of my house' since then.

What we should be more concerned about is what He says here:
Matt 7:21-23 wrote:For the day soon cometh, that men shall come before me to judgment, to be judged according to their works. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in they name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I say ye never knew me, depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
That scripture casts a much wider net. People will be looking for credit for doing things for the Lord and will get none.