It finally makes sense.

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: It finally makes sense.

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

marc wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:26 pm
dreamtheater76 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:36 pmWho is the 3rd Bonesman out of curiosity?
Marvin J. Ashton
Is this him?

https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=756231

Owl and key the next year

https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=732802

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

It looks like George Albert Smith son GAS Jr was a member of Owl & Key and Skull & Bones at the UofU before he moved on to Harvard.

https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=730276
https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=733676

Still checking his father.

SantaFe
captain of 50

Post by SantaFe »

I binge read the post's of AGF last night. One take way from the thread was that ETB was a good guy and a thorn in the side of the newer leadership. I decided to Google his name and a book came up that he had authored called "An Enemy Hath Done This." Since AGF's posts were still fresh in my mind, I remembered one of the stories he told about two mountains, a valley between them and a fight that took place over the night between two groups of soldiers. I tried to search for it in the posts again today but nothing came up while looking for it. The posts are too numerous to go through, but the reason I was searching for it was that of the last phrase in the story, "an enemy hath done this." I'm going to order the book to see if ETB left any clues to the secret combinations in it. Perhaps that is why AGF included the story as one of his posts.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

SantaFe wrote: December 8th, 2022, 3:56 pm I binge read the post's of AGF last night. One take way from the thread was that ETB was a good guy and a thorn in the side of the newer leadership. I decided to Google his name and a book came up that he had authored called "An Enemy Hath Done This." Since AGF's posts were still fresh in my mind, I remembered one of the stories he told about two mountains, a valley between them and a fight that took place over the night between two groups of soldiers. I tried to search for it in the posts again today but nothing came up while looking for it. The posts are too numerous to go through, but the reason I was searching for it was that of the last phrase in the story, "an enemy hath done this." I'm going to order the book to see if ETB left any clues to the secret combinations in it. Perhaps that is why AGF included the story as one of his posts.
That book was what yoinked me out of the Matrix. It is not light reading, but when I read it in the early 90s, I could never look at almost anything the same thereafter.

SantaFe
captain of 50

Post by SantaFe »

Thank you for you input. In light of what I have looked at and read over the last 6 years, it might be light reading. I look forward to reading it.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

SantaFe wrote: December 8th, 2022, 5:30 pm Thank you for you input. In light of what I have looked at and read over the last 6 years, it might be light reading. I look forward to reading it.
By not light reading I meant that it reads like a textbook. It is not a page turner, and there are many gems buried in pages and pages of important but dry material (imho).

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:49 pm
Original_Intent wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:32 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:21 pm
marc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:07 pm who have professed to know my name and have not known me[/i][/b], and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
This is a reference to Apostles being called to witness for Christ's name, so really the verse would read: "those who have professed to be Apostles and were not Apostles"
No, really this is you throwing a lot of interpretation at scripture. You think that scripture was written only for apostles or those professing to be apostles? /failhorn
That's the only calling to know Jesus is the Christ, the only calling that should be professing to know Christ. We are not talking about professing a belief, we are talking about knowing Christ, as in, being able to testify of him and saying that you know. That is their very calling. No lesser priesthood offices carry this responsibility. None other than general authorities even get the opportunity to speak in the midst of his house.
Everyone has that responsibility and calling. It's a commandment to SEEK His face in the flesh. They (the apostles) are supposed to testify of it and call all to repentance to bring others to Him. In the JST, referencing the parable of the 10 virgins, Jesus said YOU knew me not. Law of first mention takes you to genesis, where Adam knew Eve. I am not suggesting sexual relations but an intimate relationship as a friend. Read the admonishment of Oliver Cowdery to the then men called and 3 Nephi 12: 1-3. It's also part of your temple experience...in symbolism but pretty point blank I think.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

dreamtheater76 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:36 pm
Who is the 3rd Bonesman out of curiosity?
I would have thought it would have been the 16th apostle but maybe he was the 33rd.

Does this activity sync up with the Church becoming a completely different beast around 1900?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 21st, 2022, 12:50 pm
marc wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:26 pm
dreamtheater76 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:36 pmWho is the 3rd Bonesman out of curiosity?
Marvin J. Ashton
Is this him?

https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=756231

Owl and key the next year

https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=732802
Yes.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

To recap:

1. Nelson
2. Hales
3. Ashton
4. Pinnock

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

marc wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:29 am To recap:

1. Nelson
2. Hales
3. Ashton
4. Pinnock
This is only the ecclesiastical arm, and only some of the “big” names. There are many more down through the aristocracy. You then have to look at the political,business, and intelligentsia people too.

That would be Cannon, Tanner, Bennett, and on and on and on.

Then you have your three letter folks, like Maxwell, and those happy to work with those people, like Oaks, Packer, Hinckley, and Faust. Moving on to the new generation of Gong, Rasband, etc.

It’s a cancer that has been spreading for generations.

But the Master Physician is in charge, so it will be okay.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:33 am

1. Nelson
2. Hales
3. Ashton
4. Pinnock
This is only the ecclesiastical arm, and only some of the “big” names. There are many more down through the aristocracy. You then have to look at the political,business, and intelligentsia people too.

Then you have your three letter folks, like Maxwell, and those happy to work with those people, like Oaks, Packer, Hinckley, and Faust. Moving on to the new generation of Gong, Rasband, etc.

Can you provide links to books, letters, images, anything to put next to those names so we can add them to the list? Thank you.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

marc wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:41 am
endlessQuestions wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:33 am

1. Nelson
2. Hales
3. Ashton
4. Pinnock

Can you provide links to books, letters, images, anything to put next to those names so we can add them to the list? Thank you.
A lot of it is in the Apostle or Aristocrat thread.

I’m actively working on building a family tree diagram that shows all this information but it might take awhile to pull it all together.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

There are two types of occult.

There are those that occult knowledge in order to have power over them.

There are those that occult knowledge because it would be harmful and they are always looking for potential initiates who are ready and they want to help and assist the initiate into higher and higher levels of knowledge.

LDS temple is very occult. I think in the past in mostly a good way, I think that both the content in the temple and also the requirements to get initiated are being altered. (but not altared)

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

Original_Intent wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:55 pm Wow. It almost makes me wonder if the last years of President Benson's presidency, if his inability to speak or do much was due to some ill intent. I know when he was a GA there were those that were happy when he was assigned to Europe in his calling.
You mean men in high places that are also physicians. Men that could move up the food chain if something were to happen to those with seniority.There is one that comes to mind that was nearby in a couple of these similar instances.…there were others that were close by in the middle of the night to hear the president of the corporation give “revelation” from a coma to fill two open places on the q12. and then fall back immediately into a coma again . One of those men is a member of skull and bones and that doesn’t mean an he’s an orthopedic surgeon. But I don’t have the HEART to say what kind of a doctor he was.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

lundbaek wrote: November 17th, 2022, 9:30 pm
marc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:02 pm
Original_Intent wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:55 pm Wow. It almost makes me wonder if the last years of President Benson's presidency, if his inability to speak or do much was due to some ill intent. I know when he was a GA there were those that were happy when he was assigned to Europe in his calling.
Haha, yep! Hugh B. Brown didn't appreciate ETB being part of the John Birch Society. There were lots of newspapers that reported how ETB "embarrassed" the church (leaders) in 1963.
ETB was never a member of the John Birch Society. He did, however, speak well of it. His wife was, I believe, until the day she died a member of the JBS. His son Reed was a regional officer of some sort for many years. As I understand, President Benson ordered subscriptions for The New American magazine for the Q12.
I have copies of some of his letters warning the 1st Presidency on several topics and book recommendations...

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Original_Intent wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:27 pm There are two types of occult.

There are those that occult knowledge in order to have power over them.

There are those that occult knowledge because it would be harmful and they are always looking for potential initiates who are ready and they want to help and assist the initiate into higher and higher levels of knowledge.

LDS temple is very occult. I think in the past in mostly a good way, I think that both the content in the temple and also the requirements to get initiated are being altered. (but not altared)
Have you been?

Changes are subject to opinion of course...but it ain't all bad. Spirit is still there in abundance....