Utah genius to pay farmers not to grow crops

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Utah genius to pay farmers not to grow crops

Post by Fred »

They know of course that this will add to the food shortage. But, like all satanists, that is of no concern as long as most people are dead by 2035.

The morons in government believe in big government. That is satan's way. But reducing the free agency of farmers is a dream come true for them. They seem to orgasm at every loss of freedom.

Of course, the church's policy is to follow the satanic government as they are heavily invested in WEF.

Is it even possible for a member of Skull and Bones to be a Christian? Of course, they believe in Christ. They just have no desire to follow Him.
Last edited by Fred on November 15th, 2022, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Utah genius to pay farmers not to grow crops

Post by Original_Intent »

This has been going on for some time. Back in the 2010 time frame I had a supervisor who owned just over 15 acres. His income from his job was probably close to six figures, but the government paid him a good amount every year to not grow anything. I don't know how much that was, but I believe that it is based on acreage. So Bill Gates could make a lot of money with all that farmland he bought.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

This has been going on in the European Union (and EEC for some years). The usual phrase for it in legal terms was "set aside". Farmers here used to make some money from it. The clever ones would always "set aside" their worst land and get paid for it.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

This certainly started WAY LONG before 2010. Perhaps the 1950s or earlier.

I know at one time almost every single member of the United States Congress was being paid to NOT grow crops on land they owned. That was probably in the 1960s.

The purpose of it was to assure that there became no sufficient glut of any particular crop to reduce the price too low, such that the crop would then never again be produced, as then there appeared to be no financial incentive to grow it.

It was a means of price support.

But then it became nothing but another hair brained, half witted government boondoggle. And probably still continues today.
dc

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

in the US there have been differing “set aside” programs, from the first called the “soil bank”, till today’s “CRP”…..(conservation reserve program)…..CRP has been around since Clinton’s era when they fully implemented UN Agenda 21 into the Farm Bill of 1994 or ‘96?

long term set aside programs like CRP are 15 year contracts, and depending on soil type & slope having varying per acre payment amounts……

the highest amount that i’m aware of has been $150 per acre, i’d guess the mean average would be half or less across the Country?

in the Counties i farm in, we’ve never been offered any of these “long term” set aside programs, until just recently and it requires that u plant a certain species of trees……which takes the land outa commercial Ag production, usually indefinitely.

what started out as removing land from grain production temporarily to bolster prices, with back then 1/3-1/2 of the World’s population of today….…has turned into micro-management of large amounts of the most productive Ag land on the globe, for ulterior motives….imo

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I would hazard a guess that many of the meat recalls when they recall many thousands of pounds of meat are more often for price supports (keep meat expensive) than it is for any public health reason.

I would like to know the financial side of it, I can't imagine that the meat sellers just have to eat the cost. Probably more taxpayer funds at work - you buy the meat, but you can't eat it.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Original_Intent wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:50 am I would hazard a guess that many of the meat recalls when they recall many thousands of pounds of meat are more often for price supports (keep meat expensive) than it is for any public health reason.

I would like to know the financial side of it, I can't imagine that the meat sellers just have to eat the cost. Probably more taxpayer funds at work - you buy the meat, but you can't eat it.

have any ever looked up what’s “allowable” contaminates & the %’s allowable of said contaminate?

i’m surprised more processed foods of many kinds aren’t pulled? USDA inspector’s have had quite the history of being bribed or just not showing up…….