Joel Skousen on what will be happening and how to prepare

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: Joel Skousen on what will be happening and how to prepare

Post by tribrac »

Help us out with a summary?

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

tribrac wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:24 pm Help us out with a summary?
Trust in your self, arm of flesh in the days of judgement, basically.
But some good tips to prolong the days of your suffering as the judgments unfold.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

He's getting up there in age. I often wonder what he'll think about his life? When he's on his death bed (hopefully not any time soon), and none of his apocalyptic predictions have come true, will he think he's wasted his life? That he's lived in fear for decades for nothing?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 1:44 pm He's getting up there in age. I often wonder what he'll think about his life? When he's on his death bed (hopefully not any time soon), and none of his apocalyptic predictions have come true, will he think he's wasted his life? That he's lived in fear for decades for nothing?
He prolly doesn’t know when the seventh seal opened, but maybe he will when the ASHH ends.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 1:44 pm He's getting up there in age. I often wonder what he'll think about his life? When he's on his death bed (hopefully not any time soon), and none of his apocalyptic predictions have come true, will he think he's wasted his life? That he's lived in fear for decades for nothing?
What has given you any indication that he has "lived in fear for decades"?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

FrankOne wrote: November 14th, 2022, 7:20 pm
His entire life is oriented around fear. He's convinced a nuclear attack is coming and it seems to control his life.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 7:22 pm
His entire life is oriented around fear. He's convinced a nuclear attack is coming and it seems to control his life.
What a juvenile take

How can you look around yourself and not think mass destruction is at door?
Last edited by nightlight on November 14th, 2022, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

nightlight wrote: November 14th, 2022, 8:25 pm
What a juvenile take

How can you look around you and not think that mass destruction is that a door?
Your response seems to be that he's right, not that he isn't led by fear.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I'd be on the same side that he seems to beat that drum a little too incessantly if many of the OT predictions weren't in pretty close alignment with what he's detailed. We should be more self-sufficient. It's also true that those best off during hard times are those who practice self-sufficiency (i.e. grow and store own food, keep their heads down, have practical skills). One can adopt this lifestyle and still make a nice living. Founders like Jefferson advocated for an agrarian lifestyle as opposed to one based around big industrial centers. I think he was wise.
Last edited by nvr on November 14th, 2022, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 8:32 pm

What a juvenile take

I don't know the man. But It's silly to assume he lives his life in fear because he believes the prophets/scriptures are seeing/speaking of our day.

The world is a powder keg.
Spirituality aside.... Just pure logic and math,how can anyone not see this eventuality ? Look at how we hold our money.....look at what our money is worth.
Look at how we get our food/water. Look at how we stay warm. Look at how foreign powers view us. Look at how Americans view eachother Etc

Then combine that common sense with scriptures and prophecy?

You belong to the CoJCoLDS....the folks who make a pillar out of the Book of Mormon,and you think a person who works to get people ready for the end of the gentiles... is a person who's life is lived in fear ??? 😏

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Surprised to see Canadian Prepper giving Skousen publicity.

Anyone who says they’re 100% certain of anything gets treated with extreme prejudice. It’s probably a fault, but it’s served me well over the years.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

I see no fear in him. He speaks of subjects that causes others to fear, that is true. Those that use the word "fearmongering" are those that feel that fear. The ones doing research and trying to give a heads up about what is going on this world are not fearful, they are staying informed. I agree that he's been talking about this for a very long time, but that doesn't diminish the fact that we are headed the direction that he has described.

there is no doubt in my mind that we'll have world war in our lives. My guestimate is 1-5 yrs before it actually starts. I use the word "starts" meaning that at least three countries are involved. So, if Russia does take Ukraine and moves onto another country, I would call that the beginning. China taking Taiwan is a given at this point. What else? Turkey vs Greece, Iran vs Israel. It's been a very very slow process, but without a doubt, it has been building up.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

nightlight wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:16 pm

What a juvenile take

I don't know the man. But It's silly to assume he lives his life in fear because he believes the prophets/scriptures are seeing/speaking of our day.

Spirituality aside.... Just pure logic and math,how can anyone not see this eventuality ? Look at how we hold our money.....look at what our money is worth.
Look at how we get our food/water. Look at how we stay warm. Look at how foreign powers view us. Look at how Americans view eachother Etc

You belong to the CoJCoLDS....the folks who make a pillar out of the Book of Mormon,and you think a person who works to get people ready for the end of the gentiles... is a person who's life is lived in fear ??? 😏
It is fear. He believes that he can control his future by just being prepared enough. There are a billion things that can happen. You can prepare all you want, but you can never prepare for everything.

Faith is the opposite of fear. Instead of spending his time digging wells or whatever, his time would be much better spent on spiritual matters. No one gets out of this world alive. It's okay to accept that we're all going to die. We can't prevent it. We can make our lives worthwhile.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

FrankOne wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:26 pm
I see no fear in him. He speaks of subjects that causes others to fear, that is true. Those that use the word "fearmongering" are those that feel that fear. The ones doing research and trying to give a heads up about what is going on this world are not fearful, they are staying informed. I agree that he's been talking about this for a very long time, but that doesn't diminish the fact that we are headed the direction that he has described.

there is no doubt in my mind that we'll have world war in our lives. My guestimate is 1-5 yrs before it actually starts. I use the word "starts" meaning that at least three countries are involved. So, if Russia does take Ukraine and moves onto another country, I would call that the beginning. China taking Taiwan is a given at this point. What else? Turkey vs Greece, Iran vs Israel. It's been a very very slow process, but without a doubt, it has been building up.
We aren't going in the direction he thinks, because he's been wrong too much. He thought the nuke attack would be 2012, then 2015, then 2020.
viewtopic.php?p=280860#p280860

Every year for the past 60 years, someone has thought a world war was just around the corner.

There's always conflicts between countries. The current conflicts aren't really different.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:38 pm

We aren't going in the direction he thinks, because he's been wrong too much. He thought the nuke attack would be 2012, then 2015, then 2020.

Every year for the past 60 years, someone has thought a world war was just around the corner.

There's always conflicts between countries. The current conflicts aren't really different.
In a sense, you’re right.

But it would take a pretty narrow perspective to claim that this realignment of power in the world is not one of the top three most dangerous in modern history.

The US hegemony is being directly challenged in an era where mutually assured destruction is possible. Doesn’t get much more dangerous than that.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

endlessismyname wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:41 pm

But it would take a pretty narrow perspective to claim that this realignment of power in the world is not one of the top three most dangerous in modern history.

The US hegemony is being directly challenged in an era where mutually assured destruction is possible. Doesn’t get much more dangerous than that.
It's absolutely a dangerous situation. I simply view that as the standard condition. That was what we lived through during the cold war. That's how conflicts have been for a long time.

It's terrible that people drive their differences to conflicts. I just think that's the norm, not the exception.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:30 pm

What a juvenile take

It is fear. He believes that he can control his future by just being prepared enough. There are a billion things that can happen. You can prepare all you want, but you can never prepare for everything.

Faith is the opposite of fear. Instead of spending his time digging wells or whatever, his time would be much better spent on spiritual matters. No one gets out of this world alive. It's okay to accept that we're all going to die. We can't prevent it. We can make our lives worthwhile.
Lol
Did he say this? Do you know how he spends all his hours?

you are assuming again

Can a man not dig a well and think at the same time? lol

You speak of living in fear.

Did you mask up and get your vaccine?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

If you read further down the thread of the link you provided, you will find this:
======================================================================

Re: Joel Skousen : America to be Nuked This Summer

Post by 7cylon7 » May 1st, 2012, 11:54 am
Okay, heard the entire interview, it was a great interview. Joel is one of the best sources of information about what TPTB are doing and want to accomplish. He is more relaxed than Alex Jones is but has great information.

Joel believes from his sources and reading the documents from those organizations and news media outlets that Russian and China will be induced to attack the US sometime around 2020 to 2023.
=========================================================================

note the bolded portions. Post date and prediction.

In that thread, he said slight possibility it would be earlier but he gave a 90% chance for the time period stated above.

He said this in 2012. I would say that he has profound insight.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

nightlight wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:53 pm

Lol

you are assuming again

His books, videos, and podcasts are all about living in fear. It's all he does.

I masked and vaxed when I had to, because I didn't care. I was neither afraid of getting COVID nor was I afraid of the vax.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

FrankOne wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:01 pm

If you read further down the thread of the link you provided, you will find this:
======================================================================

Re: Joel Skousen : America to be Nuked This Summer

Post by 7cylon7 » May 1st, 2012, 11:54 am
Okay, heard the entire interview, it was a great interview. Joel is one of the best sources of information about what TPTB are doing and want to accomplish. He is more relaxed than Alex Jones is but has great information.

Joel believes from his sources and reading the documents from those organizations and news media outlets that Russian and China will be induced to attack the US sometime around 2020 to 2023.
=========================================================================

note the bolded portions. Post date and prediction.

In that thread, he said slight possibility it would be earlier but he gave a 90% chance for the time period stated above.

He said this in 2012. I would say that he has profound insight.
And when 2023 comes and goes with no attack?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:46 pm
endlessismyname wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:41 pm

It's absolutely a dangerous situation. I simply view that as the standard condition. That was what we lived through during the cold war. That's how conflicts have been for a long time.

It's terrible that people drive their differences to conflicts. I just think that's the norm, not the exception.
Excellent points.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

You sound a lot like the disbelieving, wicked Nephites in third Nephi. Maybe you should give Joel a deadline and if the next one fails to happen you can execute him. 😉

Keep in mind, that Skousen never claimed to be a prophet. Simply his own, educated opinions based on world events and his interpretation of scripture. Every time he has made a prediction, he issues a disclaimer. If you ever hear him say "Thus saith the Lord", let me know. I must have missed it.

If you don't think we live in an age where the nuclear threat is a distinct possibility, you must be living under a rock, or you simply like to walk around with a blindfold over your eyes and your fingers stuck in your ears.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:11 pm
nightlight wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:53 pm

Lol

you are assuming again

His books, videos, and podcasts are all about living in fear. It's all he does.

I masked and vaxed when I had to, because I didn't care. I was neither afraid of getting COVID nor was I afraid of the vax.
I agree with a lot of the things that he says, I also prep.... but I do not live my life in fear.

The fact you automatically assume someone lives in fear when they work to warn people of these prophesized things....says a lot

And when you break it down, I believe that you just don't think these things are going to happen to you.

I don't believe you actually believe that secret combinations have gotten above our government. Like the cabal Satan worshiping kind.

You say you HAVe to vax and mask up.... This is more evidence that you do not understand the world around you

These are the root of your opinions about dudes work( imo ;) )

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion! "

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

blitzinstripes wrote: November 15th, 2022, 6:58 am

You sound a lot like the disbelieving, wicked Nephites in third Nephi. Maybe you should give Joel a deadline and if the next one fails to happen you can execute him. 😉

Keep in mind, that Skousen never claimed to be a prophet. Simply his own, educated opinions based on world events and his interpretation of scripture. Every time he has made a prediction, he issues a disclaimer. If you ever hear him say "Thus saith the Lord", let me know. I must have missed it.

If you don't think we live in an age where the nuclear threat is a distinct possibility, you must be living under a rock, or you simply like to walk around with a blindfold over your eyes and your fingers stuck in your ears.
You'll have to remind me. Did Samuel the Lamanite have a history of making false predictions?

What do I care why he's saying it? He's wrong. That's what I care about.

Joel isn't saying something is a distinct possibility. He's saying it WILL happen. You can motte and bailey that if you want, but he said what he said.