Praising the fruit without praising the tree

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Praising the fruit without praising the tree

Post by Pazooka »

This one is for you, Abijah, to satisfy your thirst for symmetry in opposition. Kinda blew my mind a little:

The menorah had seven branches, and 70 ornaments suggests 10 per lamp. The obvious link to biblical symbolism is the dragon/snake in the Book of Revelation, who had seven heads with ten horns on each, and whose agent, the beast from the sea, also had seven heads with ten horns on each (Rev.12.3; 13.1-2). The visionary/apocalyptic tradition was constructed around pairs of opposites like this: the harlot in the Book of Revelation and the Qumran texts is the evil opposite of the holy city Jerusalem, Nero is the evil opposite of the Messiah, and so on. As we shall see, a pattern of pairs set as opposites around the menorah is the key to reading this page.

The dragon/snake with seven heads and seventy horns (yes, you read that correctly - I guess one reading of the text allows for ten horns PER head)was the evil opposite of the menorah. The snake caused the whole world to go astray, and so the menorah represented whoever kept the whole world on the right path. The visions in Revelation, even though we know them in Greek, were originally written in Hebrew, and the old Hebrew wordplay is clear in many places although lost in the Greek translation. Since ‘horn’ in Hebrew also means ‘beam of light’, the dragon/snake and his 70 ‘horns’ was opposed to the seventy lights of the menorah.

~ Margaret Barker, papers

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: Praising the fruit without praising the tree

Post by abijah »

Something I think is highly relevant to this has to do with the literal description of God’s creation of Eve:

Genesis 2:22 (KJV)
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Genesis 2 (Brenton's LXX)
And God formed the rib which he took from Adam into a woman, and brought her to Adam.

Genesis 2 (NASB)
And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

Genesis 2 (Young's Literal Translation)
And Jehovah God buildeth up the rib which He hath taken out of the man into a woman, and bringeth her in unto the man;

^the hebrew term "banah" literally means 'to build'.

This is the same word for the city Cain built upon being exiled for murdering Abel. its the same word for the ark constructed by Noah (which definitely correlates w/ the ark of reeds jochebed put baby moses in, and the ark of wood & forged`metal crafted by bezalel.. 😏). And it's the same word used for the tower of Babel by nimrod.

theres a deep reason behind "magdalene" meaning "tower"...

You can't build a fake/holographic sacrificial altar, or construct an artificial temple, or make a counterfeit lady wisdom. to attempt it would inevitably result in a corrupted product, a profane inversion:

Ezekiel 28
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.