Light Up the CEO's bank balance

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Light Up the CEO's bank balance

Post by Niemand »

EmmaLee wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:45 am
Mamabear wrote: November 5th, 2022, 5:39 pm Cue the pictures on social media of Mormons in front of the giving machines, so proud of their donations.🥰

It's almost like Matthew 6 isn't in the LDS Bible anymore. Mormons are the best at completely ignoring the Lord's commands in verses 1-4.

And oh look - Sis. Eubanks has her wedding ring on...
I've never seen a female look so awkward in high heels that was over the age of thirteen. Think she should stick to flats! Some people don't suit some clothing

Yes, I noticed the rings...

The main question is will roving drunks mistake these for Coca Cola machines this Christmas and what will happen when they do‽

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

madvin wrote: November 6th, 2022, 12:32 pm Way back when, I thought the church did their own giving to the needy (as they did after WWII?) and didn't use bogus outlets like United Way, etc. but had their own system. Too expensive these days to do that way, or just lazy?
Way back when, the Church advised the needy members not to take government welfare, but instead the Church would help them. I am old enough to remember my grandmother, who was the Stake RS President for the Dallas-Fort Worth Stake, teaching me this. Then, years later when I was ward RS President, we were taught to help members get any government handouts they could, in order to “preserve” church resources.

Not lazy.......they want to build the war chest, not feed the poor.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

EmmaLee wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:45 am
Mamabear wrote: November 5th, 2022, 5:39 pm Cue the pictures on social media of Mormons in front of the giving machines, so proud of their donations.🥰

It's almost like Matthew 6 isn't in the LDS Bible anymore. Mormons are the best at completely ignoring the Lord's commands in verses 1-4.

And oh look - Sis. Eubanks has her wedding ring on...
Still married to Mariam Harrison I see.
I wonder if they were sealed and had their “second anointing.”

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"In July 2019, Peter John Dalglish, former United Nations chief and top UN founder of UNICEF, was arrested in 2019 on child rape charges in Nepal. During his arrest two young children were rescued from his custody.

Dalglish was sentenced to nine years for abusing a 12-year-old boy, and seven years jail for molesting another 14-year-old.

Dalglish was a well-respected humanitarian, involved in projects across the globe. In 2016, he was awarded the Order of Canada - the country's second-highest civilian honour - for his work with disadvantaged children.

He co-founded Street Kids International in the 1980s, which later merged with *Save the Children*.
"
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/adreno ... 235/page-4

"Canadian aid worker Peter Dalglish set to appeal child sex conviction in Nepal
He is accused of sexually assaulting two children in Nepal

THE CANADIAN PRESS Jan. 5, 2020 9:55 a.m.CANADA & WORLDNEWS

A prominent Canadian aid worker convicted of sexually assaulting two children in Nepal is set to argue he was the victim of a police conspiracy and unfair trial. ..
"
https://www.vicnews.com/news/canadian-a ... -in-nepal/

"Continuing where we left off during Part I. Not unlike posh Hollywood happenings, the UNICEF ball is preceded by a red carpet event. Illustrious guests parade around in their Louboutin heels, Versace dresses, and Venetian satanic masks. The same themes displayed in the film “Eyes Wide Shut” directed by Stanley Kubrick. A film that exposes the same kind of drug-fueled elitist orgies and rituals. I’ve personally verified the existence of said events, under the organization of known human traffickers. Pedophilia is a sad reality during these events-
"
https://totaldisclosure.net/deep-dive/p ... zation-ii/

"UNICEF - the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund - was originally set up to provide emergency food, shelter and support to children in countries that were devastated by World War II.

Fast forward to today, and the organization has apparently become yet another elitist bastion of occult worship and satanic symbolism, and somehow the public doesn't seem to notice or care.

Each year the organization hosts a masquerade ball fundraising event at Clifton's in Los Angeles, and the event in 2018 was disturbingly loaded with Illuminati and occult symbolism.

Why is a children's charity participating in the culture of elite occultism at a time when child trafficking, sex abuse, and ritual abuse of children seems to be at an all time high?

The organization wants you to believe that the event's theme was just for fun, but it follows a disturbing trend for these type of elite institutions.

According to the official site for the event: ..
"
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/soci ... l_un70.htm
:arrow:

Great8
captain of 100

Post by Great8 »

Obrien wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:15 am Lizzy, I support your local giving model. It's probably the best way to get bang for your buck.

If you want to give to those in need around the world, look into Bountiful children's foundation. It used to be Liahona.
Our family donates to them each year! I can tell you that we have been more blessed since doing this!!! Bigger bang for your buck!

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

The giving machines are awesome. I can spend a few bucks, take a selfie, and tell people on social media that I spent hundreds of dollars on chickens and goats. Oh, and the very best thing about them is that I never have to touch, speak to, or even look at any dirty poor people.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

I heard something weird from the podium in Church today. As usual, there's a giving tree, so you can pluck off an ornament and anonymously buy something for someone. But then, it was said that there will be no money donations from ward members who have always given donations to the Bishop for families in need at Christmas time. What the heck?
Last edited by NowWhat on November 10th, 2022, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Great8 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:15 pm
Obrien wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:15 am Lizzy, I support your local giving model. It's probably the best way to get bang for your buck.

If you want to give to those in need around the world, look into Bountiful children's foundation. It used to be Liahona.
Our family donates to them each year! I can tell you that we have been more blessed since doing this!!! Bigger bang for your buck!
The Bountiful Children's Foundation Amazonsmile

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

NowWhat wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:54 pm I heard something weird from the podium in Church today. As usual, there's a giving tree, so you can pluck off an ornament and anonymously buy something for someone. But then, it was said that there will be no money donations. Ward members who could have always given donations to the Bishop for families in need at Christmas time. What the heck?
You could find out what families in your Ward are in need and give money to them directly.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

madvin wrote: November 6th, 2022, 12:32 pm Way back when, I thought the church did their own giving to the needy (as they did after WWII?) and didn't use bogus outlets like United Way, etc. but had their own system. Too expensive these days to do that way, or just lazy?
It's:

C) None of the above

When you donate through the gadianton's charities, you get the added bonus of being let into their club.

You know: Covenant with Death style.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

I love the idea of giving machines but wish they would stop holding back and finally come out with ballot harvesting machines.
Then we could drop off our votes, help the unseen poor and get a candy bar knowing we have done good in the world today. All church approved of course.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Boost

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

What is Sister Eubanks up to these days?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

tribrac wrote: October 29th, 2023, 5:22 pm What is Sister Eubanks up to these days?
She is the Director of Latter-day Saint Charities.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Way back when, the Church advised the needy members not to take government welfare, but instead the Church would help them. I am old enough to remember my grandmother, who was the Stake RS President for the Dallas-Fort Worth Stake, teaching me this. Then, years later when I was ward RS President, we were taught to help members get any government handouts they could, in order to “preserve” church resources.

Not lazy.......they want to build the war chest, not feed the poor.
Helping someone access government programs is self reliance these days. I've experienced this process myself when dealing with financial issues. The words of someone like Benson are alien to what is going on today. Things I learned from my parents seem alien to them when I resist government programs. It's very strange to be disagreeing with them on where I should seek help when I assumed they believed what they taught me. It's almost like they were giving me the right teaching but it was never supposed to be something practical in my life. I always thought you try and do for yourself first and if needed ask family, if they can't or won't help go to the church for help but you better be sure there is no other option. The last stop for help is the government and then you fight like crazy to get off assistance. That order has been flipped around and you better believe anyone trying to follow the order I laid out above will be corrected ;)

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I see that this is a year old, but I just saw it today. Great info. Thanks Niemand!

SimpleSaint
captain of 50

Post by SimpleSaint »

Niemand wrote: November 5th, 2022, 3:33 pm Am I right in thinking these machines do not accept cash either?
Maybe they want people to pay through digital means to get the members and others used to the centralized digital currency system they will be implementing soon. These are practice runs 🙂

SimpleSaint
captain of 50

Post by SimpleSaint »

Btw, thanks for answering some of my questions about the Giving Machines (even though this thread is a year old). After sitting through an hour long presentation on the Giving Machines where one of the members pointed out the reliability of these funds going to the needy families and someone else commenting that we just trust that the leaders have prayed about it and have vetted these organizations, that was enough for me to really get more transparent about what this is all about, since we know they don't have a track record of transparency and are of the view that the "matter is closed".

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

SimpleSaint wrote: October 30th, 2023, 9:25 am..the Giving Machines where one of the members pointed out the reliability of these funds going to the needy families...
Not sure on the most recent numbers but I heard a couple years ago that the amount the Church was spending on marketing this Light the World campaign was about the same as the amount of money brought in by the giving machines. In other words, it's just marketing.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

The money donated gets to go wherever it wants.

"Where does my donation go?

One hundred percent of your donations made at a Light the World Giving Machine will be used for the purchased item, similar items, or services of greater need as determined by the applicable charitable organization. To ensure this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints generously covers all Giving Machine operational costs."

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Ebenezer wrote: October 30th, 2023, 1:51 pm The money donated gets to go wherever it wants.

"Where does my donation go?

One hundred percent of your donations made at a Light the World Giving Machine will be used for the purchased item, similar items, or services of greater need as determined by the applicable charitable organization. To ensure this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints generously covers all Giving Machine operational costs."
I understand now. The Church uses tithes and offerings paid by members to fund the machines that are used predominantly by members, and some nonmembers, to donate money to charities who will use those donations however they want, even if one believes they literally bought a new well, or a goat.

It’s good to know that the Church is “generously” spending our money.