David Archuleta leaving the church

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: David Archuleta leaving the church

Post by Subcomandante »

Good. Better for him to separate himself from an institution that has a more traditional outlook on family than what he believes. At least he doesn't have to wear the sheep clothing any more.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

And how many youth has the young man deceived. He was brought up on stage and help up to be an idol, someone to emulate by the youth. He sung the Youth Theme.

When will people learn that the appeasement strategy towards sin does not work.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Will there be an Archuleta affect?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

spiritMan wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:39 am And how many youth has the young man deceived. He was brought up on stage and help up to be an idol, someone to emulate by the youth. He sung the Youth Theme.

This is THE comment of the thread. Will our church leaders learn this lesson? Very doubtful. I mean, they are compelled to follow Agenda 2030 as part of their covenant with their masters after all.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:48 am
spiritMan wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:39 am And how many youth has the young man deceived. He was brought up on stage and help up to be an idol, someone to emulate by the youth. He sung the Youth Theme.

This is THE comment of the thread. Will our church leaders learn this lesson? Very doubtful. I mean, they are compelled to follow Agenda 2030 as part of their covenant with their masters after all.
The question is when will members learn that the leadership is leading them in one direction. Approval of all things homosexual.

They can deny it all they want-but it's only heading one direction. The only thing stopping it is the members.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

So many children of the covenant walking away.

Pray that He will gather them, and come quickly to protect the others.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

If only he had just waited a few more years, he'd be just fine.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

He says he feels liberated. He'll feel this way for a short time, but cogdis will be with him as long as he is on this road, as he follows a lifestyle that goes against God's creative work. He'll soon be saying things like, "I'm so gay," in order to convince himself that all is right with the path he's taken.

Somewhat similar to a new vegan who begins to eat whole foods. At first there's improvement, a feeling of well-being, because processed food is eliminated. But after a few years the body starts to break down, wound healing is diminished, the brain doesn't work as well.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

Jashon wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 8:58 am He says he feels liberated. He'll feel this way for a short time, but cogdis will be with him as long as he is on this road, as he follows a lifestyle that goes against God's creative work. He'll soon be saying things like, "I'm so gay," in order to convince himself that all is right with the path he's taken.

Somewhat similar to a new vegan who begins to eat whole foods. At first there's improvement, a feeling of well-being, because processed food is eliminated. But after a few years the body starts to break down, wound healing is diminished, the brain doesn't work as well.
I hate to be gross but there is nothing liberating about adult diapers.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

He needed another 15 minutes of fame? I wonder who groomed him.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

gradles21 wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 9:26 am
Jashon wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 8:58 am He says he feels liberated. He'll feel this way for a short time, but cogdis will be with him as long as he is on this road, as he follows a lifestyle that goes against God's creative work. He'll soon be saying things like, "I'm so gay," in order to convince himself that all is right with the path he's taken.

I hate to be gross but there is nothing liberating about adult diapers.
That Depends...

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Be still my beating heart.

Say it isn't so.

On a somewhat related note.

I met a pleasant falsetto speaking gay guy, err person the other night at the store.

I was buying cat food.

He was ringing up my order.

We shared a moment over the outrageous price of healthy cat food.

I complained that my wife spoils them.

We tittered together.

As I drove away.

I pondered.

Is this our future.

Nah.

It's our now.

So don't forget to vote next week.

I am sure the Republicans will put a stop to this.

Just as soon as they take over.

I mean, they have been firmly standing up to the left for as long as I've been alive.

Due for a win I'd wager.

Nah, he probably was a Republican.

Don't know what I am anymore.

Obsolete?

Sir H
Last edited by HVDC on November 7th, 2022, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Honestly, if he held out just a few more years, I think his grievances would be resolved

I'm (HALF-)kidding to anyone who may take offense to my remark. It's just a joke, there's no need to feel offended or heated by it. They have all the power and ability to prove jokes like this wrong. And time will tell.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

BuriedTartaria wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:47 pm Honestly, if he held out just a few more years, I think his grievances would be resolved

I'm (HALF-)kidding to anyone who may take offense to my remark. It's just a joke, there's no need to feel offended or heated by it. They have all the power and ability to prove jokes like this wrong. And time will tell.
I think you are accurate. What is going on right now is unsustainable-it will break.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

With apologies for the thread drift, you’re misinformed about veganism, lol! I’ve been vegan for 25 years and do not miss meat or milk at all. No health breakdowns, wounds still heal, no prescription or nonprescription drugs at all. Wearing glasses now, is that from veganism? Arteries clean as a whistle. No depression. Just feeling very grateful and happy. Oh the urban legends.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

HVDC wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:09 pm Don't know what I am anymore.

Obsolete?

Sir H
Yep. I was thinking the same thing the other day as I realized the whole world had changed around me.

It also occured to me that maybe the COPB was prophetic, in that they started changing and compromising instead of digging in to stand for tradition. The world moved on, and so did COPB, but did I?

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

I can’t find where he — himself, says he is out of the Church.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 8:22 am If only he had just waited a few more years, he'd be just fine.
Exactly!!! They're gonna cave, right! That writing is on the wall. I'd say, as soon as the top 3 pass. They're too old school.

And then comes a mass exodus of members like when the RLDS removed the BoM from their canon.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Coming out of the closet admitting same sex attraction is the only sin that is celebrated, promoted, pushed upon everyone else. Sometimes gets it's own day or celebrated with parades.

The sin that causes cities to be destroyed.

It may be time to move to the country...

krp435
captain of 10

Post by krp435 »

Say what? wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 11:20 pm I can’t find where he — himself, says he is out of the Church.
'I Had to Take a Break from Religion … for My Own Sanity'

‘For my own mental health, I can't keep putting myself in a place where it's so conflicting where they say, 'We love you so much, but at the same time, you must change who you are.’

‘It hurts me because my religion was everything for me. But you get to a point where you realize there are some things not right here. I need to just live my life, because I already know I'm okay how I am."

‘Once you step away, you're finally able to see the fuller picture," Archuleta says.

Not the exact wording, but I’m pretty sure this + kissing men + releasing new songs titled “Faith in Me” is a good indication he’s out.

krp435
captain of 10

Post by krp435 »

David shared the article on his Instagram and said he tried to be honest. He approves of the portrayal (thanked People).

He’s up to 48,600 likes and 2,800 comments of adoration.

This is definitely the new heroism.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

krp435 wrote: November 4th, 2022, 7:30 am
Say what? wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 11:20 pm I can’t find where he — himself, says he is out of the Church.
'I Had to Take a Break from Religion … for My Own Sanity'

‘For my own mental health, I can't keep putting myself in a place where it's so conflicting where they say, 'We love you so much, but at the same time, you must change who you are.’

‘It hurts me because my religion was everything for me. But you get to a point where you realize there are some things not right here. I need to just live my life, because I already know I'm okay how I am."

‘Once you step away, you're finally able to see the fuller picture," Archuleta says.

Not the exact wording, but I’m pretty sure this + kissing men + releasing new songs titled “Faith in Me” is a good indication he’s out.
"'We love you so much, but at the same time, you must change who you are.’"
------------
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
"And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh"
-----------------
Sounds like he doesn't really want to be a Christian. While this is very sad, I'm not sure why we make a big deal of it. Lot's of people don't want to be Christian.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

krp435 wrote: November 4th, 2022, 7:34 am David shared the article on his Instagram and said he tried to be honest. He approves of the portrayal (thanked People).

This country needs a revival. Just sad.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

krp435 wrote: November 4th, 2022, 7:34 am David shared the article on his Instagram and said he tried to be honest. He approves of the portrayal (thanked People).

narcissism.
Michelangelo_Caravaggio_065.jpg
Michelangelo_Caravaggio_065.jpg (335.22 KiB) Viewed 932 times