2 Restorations? Yes (not 1 or 3)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
TheChristian
captain of 100

Re: 2 Restorations? Yes (not 1 or 3)

Post by TheChristian »

Jesus of Nazerath shed His precious blood in the Land of Israel,
Can the scattered tribes that rejected such an offering find peace save it be in the land were their God was offered up as the last and great sacrifice for Israels sins..........

Were the Blood was shed is were our Lord will return to, for His blood marks the most holy and sacred spot apon this earth........
And the House of Israel though they know it not are being gathered back to the Land were that blood was shed, that they may be prepared for the return of their forefathers God amongst them, that they may be sanctified and saved and take their place as the rightfull heads of the nations under His direction.

Jerusalem is the city of the great King..........

“At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem.

In the last days the mountain of the house of the LORD will be established as the chief of the mountains;
it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.

But in the last days it shall come to pass,
that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains,
and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it…

"to My holy mountain Jerusalem"

We must never forget the Jew, nor seek to undermine her birthright heritage, and that Judah has representatives of all the tribes of Israel in her midst.......

In our day we have the tribes of Israel united, note that the nation is not called the country of Judah, nor the country of Jew, but the country of "Israel".

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
10 ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
13 The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

The wolf has not yet dwelled with the lamb nor has the lion begun eating straw. Zion is not yet redeemed. The gathering is yet future.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

marc wrote: November 15th, 2022, 8:32 am Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
10 ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
13 The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

The wolf has not yet dwelled with the lamb nor has the lion begun eating straw. Zion is not yet redeemed. The gathering is yet future.
Just like the first time was a period of almost 1000 years as described by Zenos's allegory of the Olive Tree, the second time will span from 1830 through the millennium. We are still in the beginning stages of it, and we know that once it begins nothing will stop it from progressing.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Primary Outcast wrote: November 15th, 2022, 11:54 am
marc wrote: November 15th, 2022, 8:32 am Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Just like the first time was a period of almost 1000 years as described by Zenos's allegory of the Olive Tree, the second time will span from 1830 through the millennium. We are still in the beginning stages of it, and we know that once it begins nothing will stop it from progressing.
That's not what Isaiah said, but ok.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Luke wrote: November 15th, 2022, 6:54 am
Primary Outcast wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:51 pm Joseph Smith said: "The time has at last arrived when the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has set his hand again the second time to recover the remnants of his people" (TPJS, 14)

Jacob 6:2 "And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth..."

There won't be a third time. Joseph was a prophet and the church is what it claims to be, or it's all a lie. There's no middle ground.
The work still is going forward. I’ve witnessed that for myself. But the LDS Church isn’t the only player in this game. And presently they are playing a much reduced role to what the Lord would rather have them do. But it’s all been prophesied and so we can be confident that God will deliver on His promises.
According to the allegory the few servants who come forth with Joseph Smith "obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things" (Jacob 5:72) and they labor faithfully until the bad is cast away and burned, and the servants meet together at Adam-ondi-ahman (verses 73-75), and then the millennium begins (v76).

I believe that those who work along side the Lord will work under the priesthood keys of the gathering of Israel that Joseph Smith received from Moses (D&C 110:11) because Jacob 5:70 says that Joseph Smith will be the one to bring the other servants that help out.
Last edited by Primary Outcast on November 15th, 2022, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

marc wrote: November 15th, 2022, 11:59 am
Primary Outcast wrote: November 15th, 2022, 11:54 am

That's not what Isaiah said, but ok.
Joseph Smith, Nephi, Jacob, and Isaiah all used the term "the second time to recover the remnant" (or a variation of the same idea) and they used it in the same context, but sometimes they talk of Joseph Smith beginning his ministry, or the coming forth of the 1830 Book of Mormon, the gathering of Israel, or the cleansing of the earth. It's all part of "the second time" and it's helpful that the prophets worked together like that to give us a more complete picture.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Ok. 👍

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alexander wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:03 pm We know the first time was with Joseph Smith.

Why would it need a second surge of preparation, if in fact it was already prepared sufficiently the first time?
Thank you, but he just can't see it this way.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Primary Outcast wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:41 pm Joseph says that the second time had arrived.
Ok, so where are they? Where are those from Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, ush, Elam, Shinar, and Hamath?

Care to explain the utter failure of the second time? Did God set his hand only to fail completely? Did God not foresee President Kimball telling the saints that the doctrine of the gathering has ended?

The second time is the last time and the last time has not happened yet. Joseph Smith was the first time.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

marc wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:53 pm There are twelve tribes of Israel. Only the children of Judah (Jews) in the former Southern Kingdom have been restored to Jerusalem.
Except scripture would be made void because it says the gather when they begin to believe and they have not begun to believe. I personally think they are khazarian jews, a counterfeit, and are actually from Esau's lineage.

That's not why I was responding though. I wanted to point out this amazing presentation by Morgan Philpot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzybc5NI3U&t=209s

It's too long, over 5 hours actually, but I listened to the whole thing, it's awesome. At least listen until he gets to the part where he shows how Utah is actually the restored Jewish Kingdom. The similarities are fascinating and will blow your mind.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 15th, 2022, 3:27 pm
marc wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:53 pm There are twelve tribes of Israel. Only the children of Judah (Jews) in the former Southern Kingdom have been restored to Jerusalem.
Except scripture would be made void because it says the gather when they begin to believe and they have not begun to believe.
Not collectively, but there are a many messianic Jews today, some of which have a website:

https://www.oneforisrael.org/

But really, who are "pure Jews" still? We are all so intermixed. Me personally? I have Jewish ancestry through old Spain (Sephardic Jews).

Enjoy this video!
Last edited by marc on November 15th, 2022, 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Neither has the root of Jesse come forth.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Shawn Henry wrote: November 15th, 2022, 3:16 pm
Primary Outcast wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:41 pm Joseph says that the second time had arrived.
Ok, so where are they? Where are those from Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, ush, Elam, Shinar, and Hamath?

Care to explain the utter failure of the second time? Did God set his hand only to fail completely? Did God not foresee President Kimball telling the saints that the doctrine of the gathering has ended?

The second time is the last time and the last time has not happened yet. Joseph Smith was the first time.
Maybe have a little patience with the process my brother. If Joseph said the second time had begun and it really hadn't, then he wasn't a prophet. I don't see any middle ground here.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 15th, 2022, 3:16 pm

Here, the virtual gathering has begun.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Primary Outcast wrote: November 15th, 2022, 5:00 pm If Joseph said the second time had begun and it really hadn't, then he wasn't a prophet. I don't see any middle ground here.
You basically just said, "Everything Joseph says is prophetic or he's not a prophet". That's completely ridiculous! Joseph said himself, sometimes he speaks as a man and sometimes as a prophet. If you don't see that as having middle ground, you are blind and truly lost to fanaticism my friend.

I know the idea that Joseph misspoke is unthinkable to you, but men who are prophets misspeak all the time. Even when acting in their prophetic capacity, they still have a learning curve.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

marc wrote: November 15th, 2022, 3:53 pm Enjoy this video!
She has a beautiful testimony, I love it.

I went back through the one I recommended. If you start at the 1:12 mark and go to about 1:26, you'll get the gist of his point.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 16th, 2022, 2:29 pm
marc wrote: November 15th, 2022, 3:53 pm Enjoy this video!
She has a beautiful testimony, I love it.

I went back through the one I recommended. If you start at the 1:12 mark and go to about 1:26, you'll get the gist of his point.
Oh! I missed the link. Thanks for bringing it up again. It looks fascinating. Looking forward to watching the whole thing.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Just because Joseph starts it doesn't mean that His people don't lapse into apostasy. In fact, there is a continuation from Joseph to the Remnant of Jacob who will build New Jerusalem and that is the Book of Mormon (title page, 3 Nephi 21, JST Genesis 9, etc.). But between now and then we don't do so well.

Joseph came in the spirit of Elias, then a Servant will come with power as an Elijah just prior to the Day of the Lord, during which the Lord come to dwell in His Holy City and Temple, New Jerusalem/Zion (His first of three major Endtime appearances).
Joseph put it this way:
“The spirit of Elias is first, Elijah second, and Messiah last. Elias is a forerunner to prepare the way, and the spirit and power of Elijah is to come after, holding the keys of power (D&C 7:1-8), building the Temple to the capstone, placing the seals of the Melchizedek Priesthood upon the house of Israel (fullness of the Priesthood, 6th-Seal sealing 144k), and making all things ready; then Messiah comes to His Temple, which is last of all; Elijah was to come and prepare the way and build up the kingdom before the coming of the great day of the Lord, although the spirit of Elias might begin it” [TPJS, pp. 335, 340]
Now remember that Elias is Greek and Elijah is Hebrew, so there is a spirit of Elias/Elijah, then there is the power which is Elias/Elijah "proper", and lastly, we have Christ.

D&C 77
"9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse? A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he (John see v.14) to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.
10 Q. What time are the things spoken of in this chapter (Rev. 7) to be accomplished? A. They are to be accomplished in the sixth thousand years, or the opening of the sixth seal.
11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe? A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.
14 What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John, as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation? A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance, for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.
(fulfilling His covenants with the people of Israel (Ether 4:15-17))"

Malachai 3:23 "Lo, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord,"
FYI the Day of the Lord comes after the Fulness of the Gentiles.

What the Lord said to Oliver applies to Joseph as well, as they labored together:
D&C 35
"3 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto my servant Sidney, I have looked upon thee and thy works. I have heard thy prayers, and prepared thee for a greater work.
4 Thou art blessed, for thou shalt do great things. Behold thou wast sent forth, even as John (the Baptist), to prepare the way before me, and before Elijah which should come, and thou knewest it not."

So yes Joseph kicked things off, but there is still a restoration of all things (sealed portion & other scripture (Ether 4:15-17), the things we missed out on in the Nauvoo Temple, and more) to come. There are many scriptures and quotes that illustrate this but this should be enough to make the point. Joseph looked to the future for the Davidic servent, the restoration of all, things, and so on.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

ransomme wrote: November 16th, 2022, 4:14 pm Just because Joseph starts it doesn't mean that His people don't lapse into apostasy. In fact, there is a continuation from Joseph to the Remnant of Jacob who will build New Jerusalem and that is the Book of Mormon (title page, 3 Nephi 21, JST Genesis 9, etc.). But between now and then we don't do so well.

Joseph came in the spirit of Elias, then a Servant will come with power as an Elijah just prior to the Day of the Lord, during which the Lord come to dwell in His Holy City and Temple, New Jerusalem/Zion (His first of three major Endtime appearances).
Joseph put it this way:
“The spirit of Elias is first, Elijah second, and Messiah last. Elias is a forerunner to prepare the way, and the spirit and power of Elijah is to come after, holding the keys of power (D&C 7:1-8), building the Temple to the capstone, placing the seals of the Melchizedek Priesthood upon the house of Israel (fullness of the Priesthood, 6th-Seal sealing 144k), and making all things ready; then Messiah comes to His Temple, which is last of all; Elijah was to come and prepare the way and build up the kingdom before the coming of the great day of the Lord, although the spirit of Elias might begin it” [TPJS, pp. 335, 340]
Now remember that Elias is Greek and Elijah is Hebrew, so there is a spirit of Elias/Elijah, then there is the power which is Elias/Elijah "proper", and lastly, we have Christ.

D&C 77
"9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse? A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he (John see v.14) to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.
10 Q. What time are the things spoken of in this chapter (Rev. 7) to be accomplished? A. They are to be accomplished in the sixth thousand years, or the opening of the sixth seal.
11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe? A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.
14 What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John, as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation? A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance, for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.
(fulfilling His covenants with the people of Israel (Ether 4:15-17))"

Malachai 3:23 "Lo, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord,"
FYI the Day of the Lord comes after the Fulness of the Gentiles.

What the Lord said to Oliver applies to Joseph as well, as they labored together:
D&C 35
"3 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto my servant Sidney, I have looked upon thee and thy works. I have heard thy prayers, and prepared thee for a greater work.
4 Thou art blessed, for thou shalt do great things. Behold thou wast sent forth, even as John (the Baptist), to prepare the way before me, and before Elijah which should come, and thou knewest it not."

So yes Joseph kicked things off, but there is still a restoration of all things (sealed portion & other scripture (Ether 4:15-17), the things we missed out on in the Nauvoo Temple, and more) to come. There are many scriptures and quotes that illustrate this but this should be enough to make the point. Joseph looked to the future for the Davidic servent, the restoration of all, things, and so on.
Reminds me of Ether 4:6

The full record (of the Book of Mormon) is withheld to this day because the gentile church has not yet repented. They remain condemned to this day.

8 And these things have I written, which are a lesser part of the things which he taught the people; and I have written them to the intent that they may be brought again unto this people, from the Gentiles, according to the words which Jesus hath spoken.
9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.
10 And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.

D&C 84
55 Which vanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation.
56 And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all.
57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written—
58 That they may bring forth fruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a scourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion.
59 For shall the children of the kingdom pollute my holy land? Verily, I say unto you, Nay.

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Primary Outcast wrote: November 14th, 2022, 6:18 pm
Alexander wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:03 pm Notice how the allegory highlights TWO resurgences before the Lord's coming; a digging, pruning, and dunging of the trees.

1. "Graft in the branches; begin at the last that they may be first, and that the first may be last, and dig about the trees, both old and young, the first and the last; and the last and the first, that all may be nourished once again for the last time."

2. "Wherefore, dig about them, and prune them, and dung them once more, for the last time, for the end draweth nigh. And if it be so that these last grafts shall grow, and bring forth the natural fruit, then shall ye prepare the way for them, that they may grow."

We know the first time was with Joseph Smith.

Why would it need a second surge of preparation, if in fact it was already prepared sufficiently the first time?
Your #1 is verse 63 and your #2 is verse 64. Both of these are the Lord explaining what his plan is, the servants don't actually come down until verse 70. How can verse 63 say it's "the last time" but then have verse 64 say that they will work again in the vineyard? It's because they are planning for the same event. When the servants come they are faithful and successful in executing the plan (see verses 70-72).
You said this was as part of "planning",
"63 The gospel will come first to the Gentiles and then to scattered Israel"

However, after the book of Mormon goes forth unto the Gentiles, they shall sin against his gospel and reject the fulness. It doesn't get taken and brought out towards Israel until the Gentiles (who obtained the record; the Book of Mormon) sin against the gospel, and the fulness of the Gentiles is filled with all manner of wickedness and secret combinations.

3 Nephi 16
"Behold, because of their belief in me, saith the Father, and because of the unbelief of you, O house of Israel, in the latter day shall the truth come unto the Gentiles, that the fulness of these things shall be made known unto them.
And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them."

(see D&C 84; the church fell under condemnation)

(see D&C 101; While the foundation of Zion was laid, and there were watchmen appointed, the watchmen became slothful and sold what they had for money, and discontinued the work. The church and Zion are in a corrupted state today. But when the Lord will, the Lamanite Ben-Joseph Servant of the last days and the remnant of Jacob [and the Davidic Servant and Judah] will be led to reclaim the land of their inheritance and join with the remnant of righteous gentiles, to establish Zion and the New Jerusalem [and Old Jerusalem].)

[these two servants (the Lamanite servant and Davidic servant) are the two olive trees/anointed servants of the last days to usher in the LITERAL gathering.]

"And if it be so that these last grafts shall grow, and bring forth the natural fruit, then shall ye prepare the way for them, that they may grow."
Zion actually takes hold with these last placements.

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

55 And the lord of the vineyard said unto one of his servants: Go and gather together the residue of my servants, and take all the strength of mine house, which are my warriors, my young men, and they that are of middle age also among all my servants, who are the strength of mine house, save those only whom I have appointed to tarry;
56 And go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money.
(D&C 101)

This has not happened yet. ^
Therefore, the vineyard is not redeemed and is in need of redemption/restoration.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Shawn Henry wrote: November 16th, 2022, 1:00 pm
Primary Outcast wrote: November 15th, 2022, 5:00 pm If Joseph said the second time had begun and it really hadn't, then he wasn't a prophet. I don't see any middle ground here.
You basically just said, "Everything Joseph says is prophetic or he's not a prophet". That's completely ridiculous! Joseph said himself, sometimes he speaks as a man and sometimes as a prophet. If you don't see that as having middle ground, you are blind and truly lost to fanaticism my friend.

I know the idea that Joseph misspoke is unthinkable to you, but men who are prophets misspeak all the time. Even when acting in their prophetic capacity, they still have a learning curve.
Joseph Smith wasn't predicting the next winner of stick pull here. Did you read the full quote? Which part of this do you think he's just spit balling here? What did he say that is false? If he made something like this up that wasn't true, then he's not a prophet. It doesn't fit your personal narrative, so you believe that you must know better than Joseph Smith. I'm asking you to read what he said, and instead of looking to tear down, look to learn something! Time is running out. The time is now! I'm trying to help you my friend.
The time has at last arrived when the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has set his hand again the second time to recover the remnants of his people, which have been left from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea, and with them to bring in the fulness of the Gentiles, and establish that covenant with them, which was promised when their sins should be taken away. See Isaiah 11; Romans 11:25, 26 and 27, and also Jeremiah 31:31, 32 and 33. This covenant has never been established with the house of Israel, nor with the house of Judah, for it requires two parties to make a covenant, and those two parties must be agreed, or no covenant can be made.

Christ, in the days of His flesh, proposed to make a covenant with them, but they rejected Him and His proposals, and in consequence thereof, they were broken off, and no covenant was made with them at that time. But their unbelief has not rendered the promise of God of none effect: no, for there was another day limited in David, which was the day of His power; and then His people, Israel, should be a willing people;—and He would write His law in their hearts, and print it in their thoughts; their sins and their iniquities He would remember no more.

Thus after this chosen family had rejected Christ and His proposals, the heralds of salvation said to them, “Lo we turn unto the Gentiles;” and the Gentiles received the covenant, and were grafted in from whence the chosen family were broken off; but the Gentiles have not continued in the goodness of God, but have departed from the faith that was once delivered to the Saints, and have broken the covenant in which their fathers were established (see Isaiah 24:5); and have become high-minded, and have not feared; therefore, but few of them will be gathered with the chosen family. Have not the pride, high-mindedness, and unbelief of the Gentiles, provoked the Holy One of Israel to withdraw His Holy Spirit from them, and send forth His judgments to scourge them for their wickedness? This is certainly the case. (TPJS 14-15)

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

ransomme wrote: November 16th, 2022, 4:14 pm
I love this, I believe this "greater work" that Sidney has been prepared for is a future work. He is the Spokesman in the 2 Nephi 3 and that prophecy was only partially fulfilled. So few view this man as the Lord did. What an honor to be compared to the man that Jesus declared the greatest prophet who ever lived.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alexander wrote: November 16th, 2022, 7:39 pm 3 Nephi 16
"Behold, because of their belief in me, saith the Father, and because of the unbelief of you, O house of Israel, in the latter day shall the truth come unto the Gentiles, that the fulness of these things shall be made known unto them.
And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them."
It's interesting how the Savior said that once the gentiles reject the fulness that the knowledge of the fulness is taken to the House of Israel, not the actual fulness, because it has been lost. So we can't take the fulness to the House of Israel, but we can give them a knowledge of it or in other words our records of it and our history of how we lost it.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Alexander wrote: November 16th, 2022, 7:39 pm [these two servants (the Lamanite servant and Davidic servant) are the two olive trees/anointed servants of the last days to usher in the LITERAL gathering.]
Why do you say Lamanite? This is an interpretation of the Joseph the Seer Prophecy in 2 Ne 3, right?

This was how many viewed it, I remember President Kimball being one, but a more careful reading shows that it is the loins of Joseph of Egypt not Lehi from which the Seer comes, so either Ephraim or Manasseh.

I say Ephraim because of the stick of Ephraim and the stick of Judah which is first a reference to the leadership staff of the Northern Kingdom and Southern Kingdom and secondarily a reference to the scriptures each brings forth.