U.S. is running out of diesel.

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

U.S. is running out of diesel.

Post by OCDMOM »

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: U.S. is running out of diesel.

Post by gruden2.0 »

The reserve is down to 25 days, that doesn't mean it will run out in 25 days. It all depends on production vs. consumption. If the former exceeds the latter, then the reserve will increase, otherwise it will decrease.

This story really takes things out of context.

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

I Just returned from a five week road trip using my RAM 3500 diesel dually pulling a 37 foot travel trailer.. Took in 20 States ( WY to KY to Northern ME and return ).

No problem finding diesel, although the diesel price was $4.85 to $6.10 per gallon. It was mostly in the $5.23 to $5.58 range. 7,500 miles at about 10 miles per gallon.

What really hurt was the NJ to NYC $71.85 Hudson River Lincoln Tunnel toll on our way to CT/RI/NH/ME.

Still waiting for other toll road charges since most photo the license plate and bill via mail if not having E-Z Pass.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Diesel has been skyhigh on this side of the pond for over a year now. It has knock on effects on haulage prices.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

WikiUp wrote: October 28th, 2022, 4:58 pm I Just returned from a five week road trip using my RAM 3500 diesel dually pulling a 37 foot travel trailer.. Took in 20 States ( WY to KY to Northern ME and return ).

No problem finding diesel, although the diesel price was $4.85 to $6.10 per gallon. It was mostly in the $5.23 to $5.58 range. 7,500 miles at about 10 miles per gallon.

What really hurt was the NJ to NYC $71.85 Hudson River Lincoln Tunnel toll on our way to CT/RI/NH/ME.

Still waiting for other toll road charges since most photo the license plate and bill via mail if not having E-Z Pass.
I have yet to see a news source claim diesel isn't available...but lots of warning shots and price increases...I posted some recent articles in the Blipits thread...most recent post here...
viewtopic.php?p=1316005#p1316005

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Jason wrote: October 29th, 2022, 9:43 pm
WikiUp wrote: October 28th, 2022, 4:58 pm I Just returned from a five week road trip using my RAM 3500 diesel dually pulling a 37 foot travel trailer.. Took in 20 States ( WY to KY to Northern ME and return ).

I have yet to see a news source claim diesel isn't available...but lots of warning shots and price increases...I posted some recent articles in the Blipits thread...most recent post here...
your viewpoint appears to be skewed to what you are looking for. Your bias is tiresome.

diesel is unavailable in very limited localities. I do not speculate that fuel will be unavailable on a wide scale basis until the event occurs. You'll know it when it happens. Until then, don't believe it. When it happens, you'll get the slap.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Idaho Grocery Store Shelves Could be Bare in a Matter of Weeks

https://newsradio1310.com/idaho-grocery ... -of-weeks/

No diesel fuel, no trucks. No trucks, and no goods on grocery store shelves. Have you heard about the pending diesel fuel shortage?

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Fuel-Shedding: South Africans Warned of Possible Fuel Shortage Unless Solutions Are Found in 30 Days

https://briefly.co.za/business-economy/ ... rom%202006

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Germany takes 'bitter' decision to fire up coal power plants as Russia chokes off its vital natural gas supplies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/germany ... nd%2060%25.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

FrankOne wrote: October 29th, 2022, 10:34 pm

your viewpoint appears to be skewed to what you are looking for. Your bias is tiresome.

diesel is unavailable in very limited localities. I do not speculate that fuel will be unavailable on a wide scale basis until the event occurs. You'll know it when it happens. Until then, don't believe it. When it happens, you'll get the slap.
lol...not to be surpassed by your commentary...

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

fwiw - I was notified by an internal source today that the refinery in north SLC has been running out of diesel from about 11am to 3pm...3x in a week now. In the several years that this person has been involved with the refinery...have not seen this before.

The primary stimulus though for SLC appears to be trying to satisfy Nevada demand as fuel out of California is priced at a premium...

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Notified this morning SLC refinery cut regular pickups of diesel by 8am to prioritize emergency services and the airport...

Fuel transport companies getting requests for early morning loads in attempt to beat the rush and transportation companies looking at doing night loads (increased cost) because of demand...resulting in a higher cost per load and an increase in prices...