Electricity in Zion?

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Electricity in Zion?

Post by Silver Pie »

This video was posted in another thread and it got me to thinking. I've wondered for years if Zion would be like a 3rd world country, or if there would be electricity, running water, etc. because the D&C says it is to stand independent above all nations (I didn't look it up, so it may not be an exact quote). It can't do that if it's on the power grid or if it relies on natural gas, gasoline, diesel, etc.

So this *video (25 1/2 min long) on how the pyramids may have been sources of power long before the Egyptians showed up, was fascinating. It also talks about how Tesla was trying to imitate that, but J.P. Morgan pulled the funding when Tesla told him he wanted to make electricity free for everyone. Nope. That went against all the companies Morgan had his fingers in.

What I'm hoping is that some genius, who gets funding from God, not from a greedy multi-billionaire/millionaire, sees something like this and has the mind to make it happen.

I really think there is a LOT we don't know about the ancient people. We don't really have a monopoly on brains or inventiveness.

*Ignore HeckleFish. I don't know why they put him in there - but he does talk less as the video goes on.

logonbump
captain of 100

Re: Electricity in Zion?

Post by logonbump »

All these forbidden technologies will one day bless Zion and the masses through them. They are God's technologies based on his true principles. Satan and his kingdom had them for a time to further their purposes. Worldly power lies in secret knowledge.

We live in the time of the restoration of all things. While in the fullness of these times the righteous will be blessed with all knowledge, including former hidden knowledge.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

logonbump wrote: October 26th, 2022, 2:43 pm All these forbidden technologies will one day bless Zion and the masses through them. They are God's technologies based on his true principles. Satan and his kingdom had them for a time to further their purposes. Worldly power lies in secret knowledge.

We live in the time of the restoration of all things. While in the fullness of these times the righteous will be blessed with all knowledge, including former hidden knowledge.
Love it! And, no doubt, you are right.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

From what I learned a few years back there is already a plan in place to incorporate some advanced technologies as the church goes through a transition phase. Just like how Brigham Young revealed/ approved plans for the SLC and Manti temples such that when the time came they were able to install elevators, and HVAC shaft/ systems without having to make major structural changes. What I was shown was pretty impressive and left me in awe as to what lies ahead. This I can say, it will not be in a manner that most would hope for, but some are expecting. And don't ask because in a public forum such as this I won't be sharing details.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

What if many of these technologies are merely a crude effort to supplant what otherwise could be accomplished through the gifts of the Spirit, through being one with the mind of God, etc? Wouldn't modern medicine pale in comparison to the gift of healing?

I think about this sometimes, having spent nearly my entire adult life in the technology industry.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

moving2zion wrote: October 26th, 2022, 6:12 pm And don't ask because in a public forum such as this I won't be sharing details.
Considering what happened to Tesla and his papers, I expect anyone knowing anything would be too wise to share in public unless it was pretty much a done deal.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: October 26th, 2022, 10:20 pm What if many of these technologies are merely a crude effort to supplant what otherwise could be accomplished through the gifts of the Spirit, through being one with the mind of God, etc? Wouldn't modern medicine pale in comparison to the gift of healing?

I think about this sometimes, having spent nearly my entire adult life in the technology industry.
I have wondered what ancient technology looked like. Did they have airplanes, computers, etc. similar to us? Different from us? Or was their technology the power of faith (and looking at them from the outside, they would appear to be primitive because they had no cars, trucks, trains, jets, computers, cranes, high-rises, etc.).

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Think of it in another way. A lot of the time we don't actually need electricity as much as we use it. For much of the day we don't need electric light and we don't need to watch television. I think this is the flipside... Zion may be a simpler society which makes use of technology more sparingly.

If there is a mass coronal ejection then the likes of the Amish and primitive tribes will be least affected.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Silver Pie wrote: November 5th, 2022, 3:11 pm
Dusty Wanderer wrote: October 26th, 2022, 10:20 pm What if many of these technologies are merely a crude effort to supplant what otherwise could be accomplished through the gifts of the Spirit, through being one with the mind of God, etc? Wouldn't modern medicine pale in comparison to the gift of healing?

I have wondered what ancient technology looked like. Did they have airplanes, computers, etc. similar to us? Different from us? Or was their technology the power of faith (and looking at them from the outside, they would appear to be primitive because they had no cars, trucks, trains, jets, computers, cranes, high-rises, etc.).
"their technology the power of faith" made me think of the Liahona. I find it quite enigmatic. Where else in the scriptures, or even the apocrypha, do we see God employing technology like this? The Urim and Thummim didn't have moving parts like a compass, or a carapace of fine brass, which must've housed something, like components to control the spindles and the display. This interests me because it seems so uniquely different from how our faith is manifest through God's power directly to our hearts or minds or a seer's eyes.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Niemand wrote: November 5th, 2022, 3:54 pm Think of it in another way. A lot of the time we don't actually need electricity as much as we use it. For much of the day we don't need electric light and we don't need to watch television. I think this is the flipside... Zion may be a simpler society which makes use of technology more sparingly.

If there is a mass coronal ejection then the likes of the Amish and primitive tribes will be least affected.
Yes, and it would be those primitive tribes with the ability to survive and go on to tell the tales of a once great civilization that had command of the sea and air, etc, but that is now gone.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

The universe is electrical. The human body is electrical. Even storms are electrical. Without electricity, we would be dead.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:06 am
Niemand wrote: November 5th, 2022, 3:54 pm Think of it in another way. A lot of the time we don't actually need electricity as much as we use it. For much of the day we don't need electric light and we don't need to watch television. I think this is the flipside... Zion may be a simpler society which makes use of technology more sparingly.

Yes, and it would be those primitive tribes with the ability to survive and go on to tell the tales of a once great civilization that had command of the sea and air, etc, but that is now gone.
Some people like Peter Kolosimo, Erich von Däniken and Graham Hancock all claim this has already happened. Some Hindus too. It's not that bonkers. Hancock even says that hunter-gatherers would be most likely to survive a major cataclysm precisely because they can live off the land.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Silver Pie wrote: November 5th, 2022, 3:11 pm

I wonder about stuff like that, too. Like are/were 4-wheel vehicles common in other worlds that God created? Are/were propellers a common idea?

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Considering 3 Nephi 21, the electrical grid will be shot.

I would reckon there be advanced Enochian technologies (things beyond our present scope; ancient, miraculous, and powerful in design) brought forward to establish Zion; levitation devices, glowing rocks, lasers, etc.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Silver Pie wrote: October 26th, 2022, 2:18 pm This video was posted in another thread and it got me to thinking. I've wondered for years if Zion would be like a 3rd world country, or if there would be electricity, running water, etc. because the D&C says it is to stand independent above all nations (I didn't look it up, so it may not be an exact quote). It can't do that if it's on the power grid or if it relies on natural gas, gasoline, diesel, etc.

So this *video (25 1/2 min long) on how the pyramids may have been sources of power long before the Egyptians showed up, was fascinating. It also talks about how Tesla was trying to imitate that, but J.P. Morgan pulled the funding when Tesla told him he wanted to make electricity free for everyone. Nope. That went against all the companies Morgan had his fingers in.

What I'm hoping is that some genius, who gets funding from God, not from a greedy multi-billionaire/millionaire, sees something like this and has the mind to make it happen.

I really think there is a LOT we don't know about the ancient people. We don't really have a monopoly on brains or inventiveness.

*Ignore HeckleFish. I don't know why they put him in there - but he does talk less as the video goes on.
"a LOT we don't know about the ancient people. We don't really have a monopoly on brains or inventiveness."

I believe this is true. "Technology" has certainly not made us smarter, that's for sure. I see folks putting way too much trust in it, thinking that we understand better how the earth works and we're not superstitious like THEY were, and we we can predict natural events much better than our ancestors.

I think it's just hubris on our part. I don't think we understand natural events any better than any other civilization. Look at our very "unscientific" response to covid - lotta smug people out there telling us things that ended up being the exact opposite of the truth.

so much we don't know...

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

IIRC, Thomas Henry Moray offered to gift the Church his energy machine but HJG rejected the offer.

Among other concepts, this presentation touches upon Moray's device.

"Rediscovery of Lost Secret of Moray Radiant Energy Systtem":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTCZu8OZtI

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

When the tribes lost in the northern lands return, they will bring their scripture and their knowledge. From what I have heard, they are much more advanced than us.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

This has left me humbled as I think about the vehicle I worry about to get to work. Spare parts, oil, fuel from the gas station, do I have enough government credits to finance those things so I can be a part of their machine?
The key is in the Liajona. It sounds very mechanical, except it operated by faith, and words appeared upon it based off of their righteousness. Now imagine machines untold, powered by Priesthood and faith. No necessity for wheels, gas, fuel tanks. No expensive batteries, and yet there would be moving parts made from advanced science and powered by knowledge we talk about but cannot yet grasp.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

It’s coming.

I’m seeing glimpses here and there on the fringes of people peeling back the centuries of scientific stagnation that began when business subverted science.

It’s exciting. I hope I live to see the secular temple crumble and watch what replaces it. That would be great.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I didn't think about the liahona as advanced technology. It makes sense that it is, though.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

endlessismyname wrote: November 9th, 2022, 7:42 pm It’s coming.

I’m seeing glimpses here and there on the fringes of people peeling back the centuries of scientific stagnation that began when business subverted science.

It’s exciting. I hope I live to see the secular temple crumble and watch what replaces it. That would be great.
There are some interesting things happening, but I only get glimpses here and there on places like YouTube.

I would also love to see what technology replaces our current technology. I've no doubt it would not require factory workers working out their lives doing mindless repetition.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Wondering Wendy wrote: November 6th, 2022, 12:20 pm
This looks something like the descriptions of St. Elmo's fire I've heard of on ships.