Real Life Healing Miracles

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Vision
captain of 1,000

Real Life Healing Miracles

Post by Vision »

I want to hear any stories that you may have of people being miraculously healed? First person, or direct knowledge only please.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Real Life Healing Miracles

Post by EmmaLee »

Several years ago, my husband was the home-teacher (and I was his companion) for an elderly woman in our ward. She fell one day at home, and broke her right wrist badly - which made it very hard to do anything, as she was right-handed; plus, it was very painful. She was sad to be old and "falling apart", as she would put it. Sweetest lady ever, and we both loved her dearly. She asked my husband to please come and give her a blessing, so she could at least sleep and rest without so much pain, which he was more than happy to do. I went with him, and her two adult daughters were there, as well.

He gave her the blessing, and basically commanded her broken wrist to heal. He got choked up when he said it. He is a very unassuming guy, and would never in a million years say something like that of himself - so he knew it was from the Lord to say those words. We chatted with her for a bit afterward - and she expressed complete faith that it would be healed. We got a jubilant call from her the next day. Her daughters had taken her to the doctor the next morning, and he checked her wrist, took another x-ray, and said it wasn't broken anymore. He was astonished, as he was looking at the x-ray of the break while simultaneously telling her it had healed. He began to doubt the veracity of the x-ray, bless him, because in his opinion, there was no way on earth her wrist could have healed so quickly.

She was giddy telling my husband about her trip to the doctor and that her wrist was healed. My husband shed some tears after hanging up (yes, we had an actual plug-in-the-wall phone back then, lol), and was just happy to have helped in some way. We both gave all credit to God, where the credit belongs - and her faith was a huge part of it, for sure. It made her so happy though, to have her wrist back whole and not be in pain from it being broken. It was a pretty awesome thing to have witnessed.

About a year or so later, she was on her death-bed - but she didn't want to let go of life. She felt like it was a sin to want to die, even when you're very old and bedridden. She was very anxious about it and expressed her worry repeatedly. Again she asked my husband for a blessing. Again, he gave her one - and told her it was not a sin to want to go home - that she had lived a full and happy life, and that the Lord and her family who had gone on before, will be delighted to welcome her. Later he told me he couldn't believe he said what he did to her, that it wasn't his words, and he hoped it was okay. I assured him that it was a spirit-filled blessing - and it really was. Afterward, we all experienced something that is really hard to put into words. The room was thick with spirits of her loved ones. The room was just.... full - I don't know how else to describe it. We didn't see anything with our physical eyes, but it was something I've rarely experienced (but interestingly enough, when I have, it's always around someone who is about to pass on, or who has recently passed on, like when I've dressed their bodies for burial or at funerals). It was obvious that this elderly woman felt the same thing - she even said with great joy, "they're here for me, my parents are here for me!" It was so sweet! We were all blubbering. Her whole demeanor and attitude changed in the blink of an eye, as soon as the blessing was over - she was like a changed person. She passed away a couple of days later with a smile on her face.

One miracle healed her wrist - another healed her heart and spirit. All praise and glory to God.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

EmmaLee wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 8:02 pm Several years ago, my husband was the home-teacher (and I was his companion) for an elderly woman in our ward. She fell one day at home, and broke her right wrist badly - which made it very hard to do anything, as she was right-handed; plus, it was very painful. She was sad to be old and "falling apart", as she would put it. Sweetest lady ever, and we both loved her dearly. She asked my husband to please come and give her a blessing, so she could at least sleep and rest without so much pain, which he was more than happy to do. I went with him, and her two adult daughters were there, as well.

He gave her the blessing, and basically commanded her broken wrist to heal. He got choked up when he said it. He is a very unassuming guy, and would never in a million years say something like that of himself - so he knew it was from the Lord to say those words. We chatted with her for a bit afterward - and she expressed complete faith that it would be healed. We got a jubilant call from her the next day. Her daughters had taken her to the doctor the next morning, and he checked her wrist, took another x-ray, and said it wasn't broken anymore. He was astonished, as he was looking at the x-ray of the break while simultaneously telling her it had healed. He began to doubt the veracity of the x-ray, bless him, because in his opinion, there was no way on earth her wrist could have healed so quickly.

She was giddy telling my husband about her trip to the doctor and that her wrist was healed. My husband shed some tears after hanging up (yes, we had an actual plug-in-the-wall phone back then, lol), and was just happy to have helped in some way. We both gave all credit to God, where the credit belongs - and her faith was a huge part of it, for sure. It made her so happy though, to have her wrist back whole and not be in pain from it being broken. It was a pretty awesome thing to have witnessed.

About a year or so later, she was on her death-bed - but she didn't want to let go of life. She felt like it was a sin to want to die, even when you're very old and bedridden. She was very anxious about it and expressed her worry repeatedly. Again she asked my husband for a blessing. Again, he gave her one - and told her it was not a sin to want to go home - that she had lived a full and happy life, and that the Lord and her family who had gone on before, will be delighted to welcome her. Later he told me he couldn't believe he said what he did to her, that it wasn't his words, and he hoped it was okay. I assured him that it was a spirit-filled blessing - and it really was. Afterward, we all experienced something that is really hard to put into words. The room was thick with spirits of her loved ones. The room was just.... full - I don't know how else to describe it. We didn't see anything with our physical eyes, but it was something I've rarely experienced (but interestingly enough, when I have, it's always around someone who is about to pass on, or who has recently passed on, like when I've dressed their bodies for burial or at funerals). It was obvious that this elderly woman felt the same thing - she even said with great joy, "they're here for me, my parents are here for me!" It was so sweet! We were all blubbering. Her whole demeanor and attitude changed in the blink of an eye, as soon as the blessing was over - she was like a changed person. She passed away a couple of days later with a smile on her face.

One miracle healed her wrist - another healed her heart and spirit. All praise and glory to God.
Awesome, thanks Emmalee

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

MSM eyedrops healed my cataracts after overhearing a conversation about MSM.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

BeNotDeceived wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 11:29 pm MSM eyedrops healed my cataracts after overhearing a conversation about MSM.
Mine too.......

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

BeNotDeceived wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 11:29 pm MSM eyedrops healed my cataracts after overhearing a conversation about MSM.

I had to look up "MSM eyedrops", never heard of them. Thanks for sharing.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

farmerchick wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 12:01 am Mine too.......
What did you do? Dosage/amount of drops? Where did you get them (my daughter made some for us)? Anything else?

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Vision wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:15 pm I want to hear any stories that you may have of people being miraculously healed? First person, or direct knowledge only please.
I haved given multiple blessing where people where healed.

My brother was born dead and my dad blessed him and healed him.
I have seen multiple people healed through administration.
My brother had his eye shot out by paint ball gun, i gave him blessing healed instantly
Sister had apendicites, the doctor ruptured it in surgery but did not clean out, it turned her uterous into a lump of scare tissue, she was told no uterous never a chance of having a baby. I gave her a blessing and she has 2 sons and 1 daughter.....
I could go on all day. God is good and priesthood is real!
Miracles happen every day

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Silver Pie wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 2:02 pm
What did you do? Dosage/amount of drops? Where did you get them (my daughter made some for us)? Anything else?
Here's one very good source:
"Gold Standard Organic Sulfer" Liquid MSM drops w/ vit. C 1-2 drops per eye up to 3 x per day
www.h2oairwateramericas.com

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

I hope the thread is not derailed by the cataract cure...lol....it was an answer to prayer for me to find something I could use to keep my sight good.....sooo I don't know if this is miraculous or not...but it was a Godsend to me....also my husband who is ten years younger just had an eye appointment with my eye doc and his cataracts are worse than mine and give him problems while driving at night.....he is on the drops now...lol...he also is a daily coffee drinker and I am not..the eye doctor asked us if we drink coffee....i said no and my husband said yes...doctor looked unsurprised....maybe there is something to abstaining from coffee...although there is no medical evidence...lol....cept I can see at night just fine....ya I know all anecdotal......enuff with the cataract miracle....lets move on...i want to hear more awesome faith promoting stories of actual immediate healing...

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

My son was healed instantly from a blessing. He was very sick and the brother giving the blessing commanded the sickness to flee. I know I saw a miracle.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

I was healed, once. One of my small children put my back out somehow, and by nighttime it still felt quite wrong. I pleaded in prayer with the Lord, reasoning that I'm the sole laborer in my family and that I need to be whole to perform that work. I was washed over in a comforting feeling of peace, or an assurance of peace, and the pain ended entirely and immediately.

I've also brought peace of to one of my sons, a toddler, one night when he kept waking up screaming in pain. During one of his fits, I blessed him and told him to be well, and that last fit stopped as he slept peacefully the rest of the night. No apparent problems the next day.

That said, I've also been hurt without being healed and my children have had screaming fits and severe pain without being healed. The lack of consistency is a concern. I can't have faith in the power of the Lord if that power is a roll of the dice, regardless of my own efforts to carry His spirit in my person and conduct.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

farmerchick wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:25 pm enuff with the cataract miracle....lets move on...i want to hear more awesome faith promoting stories of actual immediate healing...
Thank you farmerchick. I'm loving the stories that have been shared so far.

nodrog
captain of 10

Post by nodrog »

Our 3rd baby was born 3 months early (1st day of her 28th week gestation). Doctors spent 4.5 hours trying to get her going and blew up one of her lungs with the wrong (too powerful) intubation. After informing me that they were surrendering, they asked if I would like help telling my wife who was recovering from the c-section.

When we arrived at her room and the doctor told her the same information that he had told to me, my wife said that "it wasn't right, and for me to give her a blessing." unknown to me at this time, she had had spiritual confirmation that all was going to be fine.

So, I went back with the doctor to the NICU and gave our baby a short blessing. The words came clearly into my head and I pronounced that she would heal, her lung would heal, and all of these issues would resolve to the amazement of the doctors.

An hour later her blood oxygen saturation was reading 95% instead of the 40% at the time of the blessing. She passed every milestone during the 3.5 months she stayed in an incubator. She only had to have intubation for 2.5 days and there was no scaring in her lungs. Her retinas stayed attached and her hearing was/is perfect.

She's a perfectly healthy 23 year old. The Lord showed me in my young marriage the power of His priesthood. Never have doubted.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Vision wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:15 pm I want to hear any stories that you may have of people being miraculously healed? First person, or direct knowledge only please.
I was miraculously healed a couple years ago after a surgery gone bad. I was given revelation regarding whom to ask to perform the blessing, and within hours of receiving the blessing I was well. Doctor had no idea what to say…

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

On topic:
My ~3 yr old daughter was sick. I was holding her on my lap and felt I should give her a mother's blessing. I did and she was immediately healed. No fever, no lethargy, etc.

Years later, I had a prolapsed uterus. We had to move and I needed to be healed so I could carry boxes without pain. I asked one of my home teachers for a blessing, but did not tell him what it was for. He gave me the blessing and I was healed immediately. A few weeks after the move, I think it was, it seemed that it came back for a short time - but then it left permanently and I have had no problem since. That was ~20 years ago.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Jamescm wrote: October 24th, 2022, 10:58 am The lack of consistency is a concern. I can't have faith in the power of the Lord if that power is a roll of the dice, regardless of my own efforts to carry His spirit in my person and conduct.
I feel the same way. If it's a crap shoot, how can one have faith in a consistent, unchanging God?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I looked up my thread on cataracts in case either of you want to discuss the MSM over there.
Link: viewtopic.php?p=1314637#p1314637

Thanks, fc for the reminder not to derail the thread.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Jamescm wrote: October 24th, 2022, 10:58 am I was healed, once. One of my small children put my back out somehow, and by nighttime it still felt quite wrong. I pleaded in prayer with the Lord, reasoning that I'm the sole laborer in my family and that I need to be whole to perform that work. I was washed over in a comforting feeling of peace, or an assurance of peace, and the pain ended entirely and immediately.

I've also brought peace of to one of my sons, a toddler, one night when he kept waking up screaming in pain. During one of his fits, I blessed him and told him to be well, and that last fit stopped as he slept peacefully the rest of the night. No apparent problems the next day.

That said, I've also been hurt without being healed and my children have had screaming fits and severe pain without being healed. The lack of consistency is a concern. I can't have faith in the power of the Lord if that power is a roll of the dice, regardless of my own efforts to carry His spirit in my person and conduct.
No, the power of the Lord is not a roll of the dice. The Lord will heal us every time if he wants to. But, this is the mortality in which we come to be tested. We will be tested in all things to see if we will obey him, love him, continue to be faithful and endure to the end throughout our life!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

"My" thread? 🙄 🙄 🙄
It's BeNotDeceived's thread.
I apologize BND.
Silver Pie wrote: October 24th, 2022, 3:15 pm I looked up my thread on cataracts in case either of you want to discuss the MSM over there.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:55 pm "My" thread? 🙄 🙄 🙄
I apologize BND.
Silver Pie wrote: October 24th, 2022, 3:15 pm I looked up my thread on cataracts in case either of you want to discuss the MSM over there.

That’s why I say me thread or me friend. Because saying mine implies sole ownership. Our UK guys get it, but some complain even if I explain why. Really it started because of Ultimate Warrior.

Really all threads belong to everybody. Sorry to hear MSM gives you headaches. Have you checked if surgery is an option?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:10 pm
Silver Pie wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:55 pm "My" thread? 🙄 🙄 🙄
I apologize BND.

That’s why I say me thread or me friend. Because saying mine implies sole ownership. Our UK guys get it, but some complain even if I explain why. Really it started because of Ultimate Warrior.

Really all threads belong to everybody. Sorry to hear MSM gives you headaches. Have you checked if surgery is an option?
Eye phobia (no one gets that close to my eyes) makes it not an option. I'm hoping drops in only 1 eye and castor oil on eyelids at night will work.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Healing blessings are a big part of my family's testimony (family of six). We have had such a good track record, that it scares me a little, because God does not answer every blessing immediately or in the way we expect. Here are two examples:

1) When our oldest was an infant but could sit up, my wife had him on the counter. He put his hand into the hot toaster and started screaming. His hand looked frightening (at least 2nd degree burns --- really raw and ugly). Before rushing him to the ER, I gave him a blessing, and we noticed in the car (we kept turning around to look at his hand) that his burns were gone. Not improved, but completely gone --- as in just as it was before he burned his hand in the toaster.

2) My wife has had a severe clotting and bleeding disorder for over ten years that has resulted in long hospitalizations. She has to be on high doses of warfarin (blood thinner), or she clots massively in her internal organs, but this also leads to "leakage" in her veins and bleeding. In December 2020 (we all know what that was like), she took a rapid turn for the worse. She had been bleeding in her bowels, but that was nothing new, but she rapidly went downhill to the point that she was unconscious when I got her to the ER. They wouldn't let me be there to speak for her, and they released her barely conscious, saying that her hemoglobin levels didn't justify transfusions. They wouldn't talk to me and pushed her out the door --- they were solely interested in and concerned with Coronavirus. If I could, I would have pressed them on blood pressure and blood volume (she can have decent iron levels in the test, but no blood). In fact, in a recent hospitalization where we nearly lost her, her blood pressure was 54/45 (they gave her norepinephrine to artificially boost her blood pressure, and the ER doctors didn't understand how her pulse rate could be normal with her pressure so low). I took her home scared (she was extremely weak and barely conscious), and gave her a blessing where I told her to rise up, take up her bed, and walk --- and I told her that she would live to hold her grandchildren in her arms (our kids are mission and start of college age). She had her best long stretch after that blessing, being stronger than she had been in years. We talked about how blessings aren't or shouldn't be a health care plan, but when push comes to shove, we are grateful to have access to the priesthood in times like this.

The ER doctor most recently told me that we must be living right, because of a number of things (like her blood pressure being so low without her heart working like crazy to try to pump what little blood she had). We were looking at a week-long wait for the ICU at a major hospital in Phoenix, but an ICU bed opened up for her immediately. He didn't understand how she had remained alive without brain or organ damage after hours of treatment in the ER at such a low blood pressure.

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

When I was a child (maybe 12), our family took a day trip to the mountains. I returned home with such a terrible earache. Dad gave me a blessing. Ear felt fine, but mom took me to the doctor next day. He said, "I can't understand how this child isn't screaming in pain." :)

As an adult, when my children were small, we bought a trampoline. Rule: when someone says they are getting off the trampoline, everyone must stop and be still. I told my young girls I was getting off. Went to step off and they both came running at me "No, mom! Don't get off." As a result, they sent me flying. Elbow hurt. Went to emergency room. They said too swollen to do anything. Stabilized and sent me to a specialist. He said, needs to remove part of the bone and to put in pins after swelling comes down. Actually got a second opinion from another doctor and he said same thing. Ugh. Home teachers gave me a blessing. Said, "I bless you to know that the Lord can knit back the bones in your elbow." Well, ya, I know it, but will He?
Went for surgery. Surgeon was with me when I woke. He relayed that he felt impressed to manipulate my elbow a bit before cutting it open. He was amazed and said that all the little fragments simply went back together and better than he could have done with surgery. :) Went to therapy for several weeks. They wanted to release me from therapy and I complained that I still couldn't make my arm go straight. As it ended, I never realized that both my arms overextended and that now this "fixed" elbow was actually perfect and didn't overextend anymore:) Still, after all these many years, feels weird not to be able to overextend that arm. However, the Lord fixed it perfectly!
Many other small miracles in my life. Thanks for the reminders:)

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Jamescm wrote: October 24th, 2022, 10:58 am
This is the hardest question to answer. While everyone intellectually knows that God doesn't heal or head all healing blessings, it can be hard to hear miraculous "back of the Ensign" stories when our own plea appears not to have been answered.

A non-member once called asking for a blessing for her niece, who was in a coma. She said her family was devastated. I asked her if she would explain to the family who we were and how it works, and she agreed (she had five kids with the son of a stake president who wouldn't marry her, which was the only thing keeping her from baptism. She attended church weekly and was a believer). I got the other counselor in the bishopric, and we headed to the ICU. The family was terrified --- mother, father, and brother in his 20s. The girl was surrounded with tubes and equipment. The first thing the father asked was whether we were going to tell her she was going to die, and I explained about seeking the mind and the will of God, and within that, giving her a blessing. It was hard to reach her because of the tubes and equipment, and the nurse giving her (I think) a transfusion allowed us. I was mouth, and felt to say (among other things) that she would recover, but after a long recovery.

The next day, our friend called and told us that she had died. I was worried about what the family would think, but she said the family had had a great peace come over them during the blessing and after, and that they were taking things well. She said that the nurse asked the family what church we were from, and when they didn't know, she had asked if they could find out for her. It reminds me of what Elder Oaks taught about blessings: no matter what is actually said or not said, people getting a blessing will receive the blessing God has for them. This should take some pressure off of men worried about not discerning or saying the "wrong" or "false" thing (can't be any more false than my experience). But, President Packer also taught that we should not be afraid to prophesy and leave it up to God to fulfill it, instead of playing it "safe" and giving "safe" but generic blessings.