Altar at Temple Square visitor's center.

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
logonbump
captain of 100

Altar at Temple Square visitor's center.

Post by logonbump »

During the twentieth century there was a statue depicting Adam and Eve kneeling making an (unacceptable) offering of fruits of the field. Organic food is shown presented upon the altar between them. Lying safely beside them is a lamb, also cast in bronze, rejected as a sacrifice.

What explanation is there for this now retired Church sculpture, if not a hat tip to Lucifer, the god of this earth?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Altar at Temple Square visitor's center.

Post by gkearney »

How did you know the food was organic? Was it in a Whole Foods bag?πŸ™‚

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

logonbump wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 12:45 pm During the twentieth century there was a statue depicting Adam and Eve kneeling making an (unacceptable) offering of fruits of the field. Organic food is shown presented upon the altar between them. Lying safely beside them is a lamb, also cast in bronze, rejected as a sacrifice.

What explanation is there for this now retired Church sculpture, if not a hat tip to Lucifer, the god of this earth?
Wow. The upside down pentagrams are creepy too.
https://lifeafter.org/occult-markings-c ... rs-center/

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

logonbump wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 12:45 pm During the twentieth century there was a statue depicting Adam and Eve kneeling making an (unacceptable) offering of fruits of the field. Organic food is shown presented upon the altar between them. Lying safely beside them is a lamb, also cast in bronze, rejected as a sacrifice.

Sacrificing fruits of the field!?! Blasphemy!!!!!! (Or people could actually read their scriptures.....)
Screenshot_20221022-161814.png
Screenshot_20221022-161814.png (196.39 KiB) Viewed 1083 times

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 5:19 pm

Sacrificing fruits of the field!?! Blasphemy!!!!!! (Or people could actually read their scriptures.....)

I thought that was for the Law of Moses, which began with Moses, not Adam. Leviticus doesn't apply to Adam and Eve.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:29 pm

I thought that was for the Law of Moses, which began with Moses, not Adam. Leviticus doesn't apply to Adam and Eve.
Nope. "The posterity of Adam down to Moses, and from Moses to Jesus Christ, offered up the firstfruits of the field and the firstlings of the flock, which continued until the death of Jesus Christ, which ended sacrifice by the shedding of blood."

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:32 pm

Nope. "The posterity of Adam down to Moses, and from Moses to Jesus Christ, offered up the firstfruits of the field and the firstlings of the flock, which continued until the death of Jesus Christ, which ended sacrifice by the shedding of blood."
Then why wasn't Cain's offering accepted?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Source?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:36 pm

Things are acceptable when and how God says. Sometimes the Lord says to do X and sometimes He says to do Y. Doing Y when God says to do X will never be acceptable.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Mamabear wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:37 pm

Source?
....... The temple.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:41 pm

Things are acceptable when and how God says. Sometimes the Lord says to do X and sometimes He says to do Y. Doing Y when God says to do X will never be acceptable.
I have read about sacrifice. And the scriptures involving Adam. None include fruit and the church's website only mentions sacrifice by Adam with shedding of blood. Zero fruit. The quote you shared is wrong according to scripture and the church's own article about Adam and sacrifice.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:45 pm

I have read about sacrifice. And the scriptures involving Adam. None include fruit and the church's website only mentions sacrifice by Adam with shedding of blood. Zero fruit. The quote you shared is wrong according to scripture and the church's own article about Adam and sacrifice.
???? There's a church article that says "Adam didn't sacrifice the first fruits of the field"? I'd love to see that.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:51 pm

???? There's a church article that says "Adam didn't sacrifice the first fruits of the field"? I'd love to see that.
Lol! You're joking right? Good one!

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:53 pm

Nope. Please post this alleged evidence.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:42 pm

Source?
....... The temple.
Sounds Masonic and not doctrinal

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Mamabear wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:57 pm

Source?
....... The temple.
You think that the masons talk about bikkurim sacrifices?

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:54 pm

You offered nothing but a quote with zero attribution. I said nothing on the church website mentions a fruit offering. Look it up. It is easy to find that it only mentions Adam and the law of sacrifice and shedding blood. Nothing about fruit. It is on you to prove it exists, not me to prove it doesn't.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

And there are no scriptures to back up your claim.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:01 pm

You offered nothing but a quote with zero attribution. I said nothing on the church website mentions a fruit offering. Look it up. It is easy to find that it only mentions Adam and the law of sacrifice and shedding blood. Nothing about fruit. It is on you to prove it exists, not me to prove it doesn't.
I assumed most people would recognize a quote from the temple, but I guess I overestimated my audience.

You claimed "The quote you shared is wrong according to scripture and the church's own article about Adam and sacrifice." You didn't claim "The church website doesn't mention sacrifice of first fruits." There's a big difference between the two.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:02 pm

And there are no scriptures to back up your claim.
I think your missing the point. OP claimed it was hat tip to Satan to have them sacrifice fruits. I pointed out that God in fact commanded it in scripture, so it cannot be viewed as evil. You may argue that it was anachronistic, which is fine. Claiming anything more than that is absurd.
Last edited by Artaxerxes on October 23rd, 2022, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:59 pm

Source?
....... The temple.
No. But they do things to confuse people.
β€œDeception is a strong element in Freemasonry. The Masonic Hierarchy intentionally misleads lower degree Masons. 33rd Degree Freemason Albert Pike stated this fact well in his well known book β€˜Morals And Dogma’, β€œMasonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explainations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be mislead.”

β€œI am the god of this world.
You, the god of this world?
Yes. What do you want?”

This is not doctrine. It’s derived from masonry.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:07 pm

I assumed most people would recognize a quote from the temple, but I guess I overestimated my audience.

You claimed "The quote you shared is wrong according to scripture and the church's own article about Adam and sacrifice." You didn't claim "The church website doesn't mention sacrifice of first fruits." There's a big difference between the two.
Oh my. First fruits refers to Christ, not actual fruit.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:29 pm

.... You should read the OT. Like the part I quoted. It literally talks about sacrificing the first fruits of the harvest of their crops.
Screenshot_20221022-193246.png
Screenshot_20221022-193246.png (313.38 KiB) Viewed 874 times

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Mamabear wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:29 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 7:59 pm

....... The temple.
No. But they do things to confuse people.
β€œDeception is a strong element in Freemasonry. The Masonic Hierarchy intentionally misleads lower degree Masons. 33rd Degree Freemason Albert Pike stated this fact well in his well known book β€˜Morals And Dogma’, β€œMasonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explainations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be mislead.”

β€œI am the god of this world.
You, the god of this world?
Yes. What do you want?”

This is not doctrine. It’s derived from masonry.
What is misleading? You care that deeply about whether bikkurim sacrifices began with Moses or Adam?

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Artaxerxes wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:33 pm
CuriousThinker wrote: ↑October 22nd, 2022, 8:29 pm

.... You should read the OT. Like the part I quoted. It literally talks about sacrificing the first fruits of the harvest of their crops.

Screenshot_20221022-193246.png
Again, that was not what Adam did. That is in Deuteronomy. It was in the Law of Moses, which Adam did not follow. He followed the law of sacrifice and performed animal sacrifice. It is found in Moses and in the temple when they mention him sacrificing the animal and an angel asking him why and he says he only knows because he was commanded. It was a similitude of Christ. He did not follow the Law of Moses. That began with Moses, hence its name.