Liz Truss shortest serving PM in UK history

Discuss political news items / current events.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Liz Truss shortest serving PM in UK history

Post by Niemand »

45 days in office... A long time for a... Latin American leader. In that time, not only has she managed to destroy the Pound, somehow she's managed to undercut Canning who died naturally in office and Spencer Percival who was assassinated way back in 1812.

Oh, and now we don't just have food banks, we also have "warmth centres" where people are supposed to be huddling together in a room to remain warm in winter like something out of Charles Dickens.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-pm- ... 022-10-20/
Attachments
Screenshot_20221020-213348_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-213348_Brave.jpg (127.47 KiB) Viewed 1087 times

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Re: Liz Truss shortest serving PM in UK history

Post by ransomme »

My friend's daughter in the UK:

My daughter has lived through four chancellors, three home secretaries, two prime ministers and two monarchs.

She's four months old.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Could she be a "short feather"?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Niemand wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:38 pm 45 days in office... A long time for a... Latin American leader. In that time, not only has she managed to destroy the Pound, somehow she's managed to undercut Canning who died naturally in office and Spencer Percival who was assassinated way back in 1812.

Oh, and now we don't just have food banks, we also have "warmth centres" where people are supposed to be huddling together in a room to remain warm in winter like something out of Charles Dickens.

Technically she will remain PM for another week, so it will be 52 days.
It isn't the shortest either, according to a news report I heard earlier. In the 18th century there was a 4 day and a 6 day tenure. But certainly in modern times this is unprecedented.
Just shows who's running the show. If you don't dance to the globalist tune you're out.
The whole thing absolutely reeks of secret combinations.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

ransomme wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:49 pm My friend's daughter in the UK:

My daughter has lived through four chancellors, three home secretaries, two prime ministers and two monarchs.

She's four months old.
She's 4 months old and look at the havoc she's caused!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:15 pm
Niemand wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:38 pm 45 days in office... A long time for a... Latin American leader. In that time, not only has she managed to destroy the Pound, somehow she's managed to undercut Canning who died naturally in office and Spencer Percival who was assassinated way back in 1812.

It isn't the shortest either, according to a news report I heard earlier. In the 18th century there was a 4 day and a 6 day tenure. But certainly in modern times this is unprecedented.
Just shows who's running the show. If you don't dance to the globalist tune you're out.
Do you think she is part of a greater destabilisation plan or that she has been deposed? I tend to the former.

The Ukrainian war plays into the former. When it's over we'll be given all the warnings about how we need to fight nationalism and "bring down the borders".

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

ransomme wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:49 pm My friend's daughter in the UK:

She's four months old.
I’ve seen that quoted on Twitter as well.

From a friend:

“This land was deposed of its two prime governors just like Isaiah 8 which I quoted to him with utmost perplexity. I also invited him to read Joel one and two in the Old Testament.

And the reason, I was perplexed is because what is happening to England or the United Kingdom is mostly parallel of what happened to the Northern Kingdom of Israel and later to kingdom of Judah after the dearth of Hezekiah when rivers overflowed their banks of the land of Immanuel and the land was inundated with armies over all its banks and the waters reached up to the neck. And when that happen all in all in the short space of two years from the birth of Mahershalahashbaz, all the riches of Samaria and of Damascus were carried away by the military campaign of the king of Assyria.

It was The King of Assyria and of Damasco, Pekah and Rezin, the son of Remiah who had devised to invade JerUSAlem during the time of Hezekiah, and took possession of the land as if it was theirs but God broke their alliance and their covenant to destroy Judah went down the drain all the way down to hell.

Surprisingly nowadays. The kingdom of England since they defeated the Ottoman Empire took possession of Jerusalem, the land of Judah or of Israel as if it was theirs. They mandated and rules who and who could not govern the land of our forefathers. Even today the English government tries to impose their will on the people of Israel and their brethren from Australia and New Zeland are also defiant refusing to recognize JerUSAlem as the homeland of the Jews and as the Capital of Jerusalem.

Guess what? Somebody from The EU sabotaged the channels or the Nordstream Pipe Line and bombed it to cut the oil gas from Russian to reach Europe. Another idiot or pretentious all fart from the EU was so stupid to say publicly in the eyes of all nations that Europe alone was like the garden of Eden and that the rest us us all worldwide were like a desert or barbaric and wilderness.

Guess what again! That is also in the book of Joel. Where he sees a great army to which the earth to them was like the garden of Eden but after the army passed by, it was lest desolate like a desert after them.

Before Nordstream was sabotaged and before the causeway bridge that connects Russian and Crimea was blown up, Putin, or the King of Assyria said that they have a weapon called Poseidon or a nuclear bomb capable of creating a Taunami that would wipe out, sink or erase from the map the whole of England.

This whosever commuted those assaults or sabotaged to the Russian infrastructure will drink from the Atlantic from the hand of Poseidon and whatsoever those proud men said about Europe being like a garden of Eden will become like a desert with the overflowing rushing of many waters. After monumental floods comes desert like desolation and famine. And JerUSAlem, that is US, is not out of woods either. The Gentiles from the USA represent the Northern Kingdom of Israel nowadays who go about toppling foreign governments and establishing puppet rulers to their convenience as they did with Ukraine in 2014 with the help of England and the EU or peace hating NATO who acts like NERO the Antichrist setting all nations on fire.

The book of Isaiah in chapter eight said exactly what happened then and as a Shemitah, by the parallel events in our day resembling the geopolitical state of affairs of the past. Isaiah and Joel, God’s faithful priests and witnesses also describes what shall be of the modern Gentile nations in these the latter days in the valley of decision where God designed to gather all nation ma who fight against his people to destroy them as he did in the past.

Children of the Republic, look and learn!

Christ will be as a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense—Seek the Lord, not muttering wizards—Turn to the law and to the testimony for guidance—Compare 2 Nephi 18.

Isaiah 8:1-22

Joel 2:1–6

Joel 3:9–14

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

I saw this last night - https://didacticmind.com/2022/10/lettuce-prey.html :
Make no mistake about one thing – Truss’s departure was nothing short of a Deep State coup. As manifestly unqualified, stupid, ill-informed, and incompetent as she clearly was, the fact remains that the reason why first Kwarteng and then Truss were YEETED so quickly, is because the Deep State bureaucracy that rules over Whitehall and Westminster, wanted them both gone.

Why? It’s not like either of them were any real threat to the system, after all. Truss and Kwarteng are both committed globalists who believe fervently in this ridiculous “rules-based international order” that the neoclowns and neolibs keep banging on about. They are not merely friendly to the Deep State – they ARE the Deep State.

In my view, the answer lies in the sheer incompetence of the British political class at the moment, which the Deep State increasingly understands to be a severe threat to its own survival.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

04F1B73D-B727-48A5-9340-C5B1B81662F3.jpeg
04F1B73D-B727-48A5-9340-C5B1B81662F3.jpeg (878.56 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

She stands to get a £150,000 a year pension for under two months work. I would try and put a USD value on that, but since her government has helped tank the pound against the dollar it's probably a lot lower in $s than it was last year!!!
Last edited by Niemand on October 21st, 2022, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Niemand wrote: October 21st, 2022, 1:58 pm She stands to get a £150,000 a year pension for under two months work. I would try and put a USD value on that, but since her government has heloed tank the pound against the dollar it's probably a lot lower in $s than it was last year!!!
That's a nice kickback. Pretty amazing you can absolutely fail at your job and be rewarded so lavishly. I'm sure besides monetary there are other benefits as well.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lexew1899 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 2:59 pm
Niemand wrote: October 21st, 2022, 1:58 pm She stands to get a £150,000 a year pension for under two months work. I would try and put a USD value on that, but since her government has heloed tank the pound against the dollar it's probably a lot lower in $s than it was last year!!!
That's a nice kickback. Pretty amazing you can absolutely fail at your job and be rewarded so lavishly. I'm sure besides monetary there are other benefits as well.
Most major politicians in the UK, if they don't get directorships in companies, a US speaking tour etc will get a seat in the House of Lords. (The unelected half of the British Parliament, equivalent to a senate elsewhere.)

You can turn up there every day for twenty minutes and go away again and get £200 for signing in, plus the salary. Yet the UK has the cheek to lecture other places on democracy.

The British sometimes brand Westminster "the Mother of All Parliaments", a dubious claim at best. At the moment it is more like "the Mother of All Sluts".
Attachments
Screenshot_20221022-001000_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221022-001000_Chrome.jpg (227.7 KiB) Viewed 731 times

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Niemand wrote: October 21st, 2022, 1:58 pm She stands to get a £150,000 a year pension for under two months work. I would try and put a USD value on that, but since her government has helped tank the pound against the dollar it's probably a lot lower in $s than it was last year!!!
It's £115,000, and it's an expense allowance, not a pension.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: October 21st, 2022, 5:19 pm
Niemand wrote: October 21st, 2022, 1:58 pm She stands to get a £150,000 a year pension for under two months work. I would try and put a USD value on that, but since her government has helped tank the pound against the dollar it's probably a lot lower in $s than it was last year!!!
That's still disgustingly high. I know people who wouldn't make that much in at least five years. I'm not going to say exactly how much I live off a year but it is a fraction of that.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

She didn't fall in line with the central bank, the Rothschilds, she wasn't woke enough, she actually had the audacity to lower taxes, little did she know what awaited her....

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Niemand wrote: October 21st, 2022, 5:27 pm
That's still disgustingly high. I know people who wouldn't make that much in at least five years. I'm not going to say exactly how much I live off a year but it is a fraction of that.
It's not an income, it's a fund from which she can claim expenses incurred because of the office she held. For example, she may need to employ a secretery etc.
It isn't a salary or a pension.
No one was complaining about this when Gordon Brown wrecked the economy and sold all our gold. No one even mentioned it when Blair killed a million Iraqi's.
But somehow the fact that Truss has been forced from office in a coup means she can't access it. It's the politics of envy.
If it's wrong for Truss it's wrong for any of them.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Liz Truss = scum

Nearly all westminster politicians = scum

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 12:20 am
It's not an income, it's a fund from which she can claim expenses incurred because of the office she held. For example, she may need to employ a secretery etc.
No one was complaining about this when Gordon Brown wrecked the economy and sold all our gold. No one even mentioned it when Blair killed a million Iraqi's.
But somehow the fact that Truss has been forced from office in a coup means she can't access it. It's the politics of envy.
I have little time for any of them. It's all a gravy train on the public coin. Their Davos and Bilderberger travel expenses are all paid for by us. I'm not convinced yet that Truss and Kwarteng weren't deliberately installed for a brief moment to destabilise the UK even further, to give it a little kick off the economic cliff. (Soros helped create a UK recession thirty years ago, so maybe more of his old tricks.)

By the way, I do remember quite a few people I knew complaining about Gordon Brown selling the gold off at the time... however he managed to do it while the international economy was okay so most people didn't notice. It was a stupid thing to do but he was probably ordered to.

Tony Blair isn't much liked up here. He didn't go down well with a lot of Scottish Labour and his war mongering is definitely well remembered. (The SNP frequently used it to attack Labour – rightly in some ways) Blair makes so much money from dubious sources that I don't think he should receive any public money.

Brown missed a trick by not having a coup. Blair was so unpopular at one point that he could have tried to remove him, but instead he hung in there and waited too long. Some people breathed a sigh of relief as Brown replaced Blair, but he turned out to be a damp squib.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

moving2zion wrote: October 21st, 2022, 7:04 pm She didn't fall in line with the central bank, the Rothschilds, she wasn't woke enough, she actually had the audacity to lower taxes, little did she know what awaited her....
I suspect her short tenure may have been part of a plan. The media has been building up panic and alarm about many things for a while including the economy, although curiously they never blame an obvious culprit i.e. the lockdowns.

Under Truss, UK residents are now getting paid back their own money in some kind of lump sums. This could be the beginning of the social credit/UBI system that some have spoken about. We'll see.

Oh, and those climate lockdowns that some predicted? We're going to get those now. Kind of. They call them "rolling blackouts" when the electricity will be off. It reminds me of the mess in the seventies.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Niemand wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 2:30 am

I have little time for any of them. It's all a gravy train on the public coin. Their Davos and Bilderberger travel expenses are all paid for by us. I'm not convinced yet that Truss and Kwarteng weren't deliberately installed for a brief moment to destabilise the UK even further, to give it a little kick off the economic cliff. (Soros helped create a UK recession thirty years ago, so maybe more of his old tricks.)

By the way, I do remember quite a few people I knew complaining about Gordon Brown selling the gold off at the time... however he managed to do it while the international economy was okay so most people didn't notice. It was a stupid thing to do but he was probably ordered to.

Tony Blair isn't much liked up here. He didn't go down well with a lot of Scottish Labour and his war mongering is definitely well remembered. (The SNP frequently used it to attack Labour – rightly in some ways) Blair makes so much money from dubious sources that I don't think he should receive any public money.

Brown missed a trick by not having a coup. Blair was so unpopular at one point that he could have tried to remove him, but instead he hung in there and waited too long. Some people breathed a sigh of relief as Brown replaced Blair, but he turned out to be a damp squib.
And Blair and Brown were both Scots! :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 4:18 am
Niemand wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 2:30 am

And Blair and Brown were both Scots! :)
Brown's got two very traditional Scottish tropes going on... that dour, grumpy thing going on (except when some eejit persuaded him to go all smiley on Piers Morgan's show ‐ big mistake), and he's also got the swagger of the "Son of the Manse" (kirk minister's son) about him. Brown is deffo a Scotsman.

Blair, on the other hand, likes to pretend he isn't Scottish. He's one of those people who probably likes to think is a "global citizen" and has no loyalty to anywhere. At this stage it's arguable if he really British.

I know people who knew both of them when they were younger. Also know the area that David Cameron's family used to farm.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

Niemand wrote: October 20th, 2022, 5:04 pm

Do you think she is part of a greater destabilisation plan or that she has been deposed? I tend to the former.

The Ukrainian war plays into the former. When it's over we'll be given all the warnings about how we need to fight nationalism and "bring down the borders".
"We want a world without borders!"

Also,

"Russia must respect Ukraine's borders!"

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

7/5 is still a fraction. 😜

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

francisco.colaco wrote: October 24th, 2022, 11:58 am
As is 1.4000

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

PressingForward wrote: October 24th, 2022, 12:09 pm
francisco.colaco wrote: October 24th, 2022, 11:58 am

As is 1.4000
He will not earn a fraction of the pie if pi is to be the fraction. 😏