"We will never get a man into space" - JFS

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
bjornagain
captain of 100

"We will never get a man into space" - JFS

Post by bjornagain »

"We will never get a man into space. This earth is man's sphere and it was never intended that he should get away from it. The moon is a superior planet to the earth and it was never intended that man should go there. You can write it down in your books that this will never happen." --President Joseph Fielding Smith, 1961, Honolulu Stake Conference

Isn't that interesting? This is 8 years before the fake moon landing.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: "We will never get a man into space" - JFS

Post by Durzan »

IIRC he also ate those words for breakfast.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

He's correct that this is our home. I've read some statements by Hugh Nibley in one of his books that God put up barriers between at least some worlds to keep them from combining against Him.

That being said, JFS's convictions shouldn't be interpreted beyond anything other than his personal conviction. There are 2 aspects of the space program: the public aspect and the black/shadow government aspect. I am skeptical of the public program, much of it may have been for show for sure. But the shadow gov't aspect, much different. If you remember a couple years back when the Chinese were about to send a probe to investigate an area of the moon, there was an abrupt explosion at that spot where the US was 'testing' some kind of projectile launch. Clearly there was something they didn't want the Chinese to find.

If I may suggest, read "Dark Mission' by Richard Hoagland. Someone has been to the moon, it just hasn't been how it's presented to the public.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

gruden2.0 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:28 pm He's correct that this is our home. I've read some statements by Hugh Nibley in one of his books that God put up barriers between at least some worlds to keep them from combining against Him.

That being said, JFS's convictions shouldn't be interpreted beyond anything other than his personal conviction. There are 2 aspects of the space program: the public aspect and the black/shadow government aspect. I am skeptical of the public program, much of it may have been for show for sure. But the shadow gov't aspect, much different. If you remember a couple years back when the Chinese were about to send a probe to investigate an area of the moon, there was an abrupt explosion at that spot where the US was 'testing' some kind of projectile launch. Clearly there was something they didn't want the Chinese to find.

If I may suggest, read "Dark Mission' by Richard Hoagland. Someone has been to the moon, it just hasn't been how it's presented to the public.
I'm very familiar with Richard Hoagland and his claims. I don't believe him, and in fact I think he's essentially working for NASA. IMO all this Secret Space Program stuff is a psyop designed to fool people into thinking the government is way more powerful and advanced than it actually is.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

Durzan wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:25 pm IIRC he also ate those words for breakfast.
He was right.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

bjornagain wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:12 pm "We will never get a man into space. This earth is man's sphere and it was never intended that he should get away from it. The moon is a superior planet to the earth and it was never intended that man should go there. You can write it down in your books that this will never happen." --President Joseph Fielding Smith, 1961, Honolulu Stake Conference

Brigham Young said basically the same thing. Would not surprise me if they turn out to be correct when all things are revealed. Joseph Fielding Smith also was very firm that Darwinism is utter BS. I think he might be correct on that one too.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

bjornagain wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:12 pm "We will never get a man into space. This earth is man's sphere and it was never intended that he should get away from it. The moon is a superior planet to the earth and it was never intended that man should go there. You can write it down in your books that this will never happen." --President Joseph Fielding Smith, 1961, Honolulu Stake Conference

He was wrong and apologized for it.

Good thing that he mentioned this in a stake conference and not a general conference. Even so, he was wrong and he apologized for it.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

Subcomandante wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:05 pm

Good thing that he mentioned this in a stake conference and not a general conference. Even so, he was wrong and he apologized for it.
It's a shame that he caved and apologized, because HE WAS RIGHT.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

He wasn’t wrong, and he didn’t apologise. He said something along the lines of “I guess I was wrong”, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was bang on the money the first time around. Also, Joseph Fielding Smith privately believed a lot of things which he didn’t admit to in public, and sometimes even denied.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

bjornagain wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:34 pm
gruden2.0 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:28 pm He's correct that this is our home. I've read some statements by Hugh Nibley in one of his books that God put up barriers between at least some worlds to keep them from combining against Him.

I'm very familiar with Richard Hoagland and his claims. I don't believe him, and in fact I think he's essentially working for NASA. IMO all this Secret Space Program stuff is a psyop designed to fool people into thinking the government is way more powerful and advanced than it actually is.
There is a secret space program that is WAY more advanced than what they show in public.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

From what I hear, from guys a lot smarter than I am in this matter...the radiation belt is the red flag on the field.

The amount of radiation would kill a man, if the capsule wasn't inches thick in lead...and we all know that it was not and could not be...or the thing would never leave the ground.

So yes, the manned moon landings were definitely faked.
Last edited by The Red Pill on October 17th, 2022, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pho·to·syn·the·sis
captain of 100

Post by pho·to·syn·the·sis »

gruden2.0 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:45 pm

There is a secret space program that is WAY more advanced than what they show in public.
It's hard to say. Everything is so compartmentalized within R&D and advanced projects. I work for a defense contractor, and can tell you, no one really knows what the other is doing. Verifying anything can be tricky. I do believe some stuff is simply BS. I will also say, that I have witnessed pretty incredible things in the night sky. When I was younger, I spent a tremendous amount of time outdoors, and spent hours "looking up", if you look long enough, you'll see something. My wife witnessed an event with me when we were dating. Scared her pretty bad. I actually like seeing "weird" stuff.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Ah, so what you're saying is that we should be expecting apologies from President Nelson regarding the clotshots?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The ISS can be seen regularly (excluding cloud cover). If you're quick enough you can catch it by telescope, but it moves fast.

An old Hopi prophecy says that when men put a house in the sky we will be near the end of the world. They also have one about a "gourd of ashes" that will poison the world.

When I was a child I was disappointed that humans were only supposed to have gone to the Moon. The opposite of the awe we're supposed to feel. In all those years, there has supposedly been little progress. I still think we're underachieving in that direction, at least according to mainstream narratives. (There is also the question of undersea colonisation which again, seems way behind schedule. If people can spend months living in a nuclear sub, why are there no apparent undersea bases and towns? Or are there?)

You can see 60% of the Moon from down here (and extra ten percent due to libration) and 40% is out of view. Who knows what happens on the far side but this side is desolate looking. Again you can use a basic telescope or binoculars to see that.
The Red Pill wrote: October 17th, 2022, 5:57 pm From what I hear, from guys a lot smarter than I am in this matter...the radiation belt is the red flag on the field.

The amount of radiation would kill a man, if the capsule wasn't inches thick in lead...and we all know that it was not and could not be...or the thing would never leave the ground.

There were also people who thought we would be killed by riding in fast trains or exceeding the speed of sound but both happen all the time now. Ditto deep sea vessels.

The Vanhalen Allen Belts are frequently brought up in this regard. The usual problem with radiation is length of exposure. If it's quick then it won't be so big a deal.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:44 pm
It's hard to say. Everything is so compartmentalized within R&D and advanced projects. I work for a defense contractor, and can tell you, no one really knows what the other is doing. Verifying anything can be tricky. I do believe some stuff is simply BS. I will also say, that I have witnessed pretty incredible things in the night sky. When I was younger, I spent a tremendous amount of time outdoors, and spent hours "looking up", if you look long enough, you'll see something. My wife witnessed an event with me when we were dating. Scared her pretty bad. I actually like seeing "weird" stuff.
I've seen a few UFOs. I'm quite certain that the things I've seen were not any sort of government technology.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

Luke wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:30 pm
He wasn’t wrong, and he didn’t apologise. He said something along the lines of “I guess I was wrong”, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was bang on the money the first time around. Also, Joseph Fielding Smith privately believed a lot of things which he didn’t admit to in public, and sometimes even denied.
It sounds like he made more of quiet half-retraction because he knew most members would believe in the moon landing completely, and it was a battle he just couldn't win.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

bjornagain wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:25 am
Luke wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:30 pm
It sounds like he made more of quiet half-retraction because he knew most members would believe in the moon landing completely, and it was a battle he just couldn't win.
Or ya know, the moon landing actually happened.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

gruden2.0 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:45 pm

If you're looking for someone to lay out the whole thing from beginning to end, then yes, you'll never find that.

However, there are a number of researchers who have unearthed plenty of factual details that one can easily connect the dots and see generally what's going on. You're right that it's heavily compartmentalized, so that's what we have to do, and can be done because info is out there if you're willing to make the effort, which always seems to be the key, since most just seem to want easy answers. And, if on top of that, you make it a subject of prayer, you might get a little added upon that, as I did.

I mean, if you don't want to look and just say "No, it's all fake" then have at it. I'll just add this to the Flat Earth topic for threads to avoid here on LDSFF.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

bjornagain wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:23 am
I've seen a few UFOs. I'm quite certain that the things I've seen were not any sort of government technology.
They probably weren't, but some UFOs certainly are. The manmade ones are not necessarily crewed which is how some of them get around the issues of G force. A lot have been sighted above Kiev recently which suggests some portion are manmade.

There are also things out there like ball lightning and will o' the wisp which are real but fall into neither category. These both behave very weirdly.

bjornagain
captain of 100

Post by bjornagain »

Niemand wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:28 pm
They probably weren't, but some UFOs certainly are. The manmade ones are not necessarily crewed which is how some of them get around the issues of G force. A lot have been sighted above Kiev recently which suggests some portion are manmade.

There are also things out there like ball lightning and will o' the wisp which are real but fall into neither category. These both behave very weirdly.
I don't deny that some UFOs are government tech, I think some are, but I know that many are not.

Still, I say the Secret Space Program theory of the moon landing is mostly nonsense. I do think there are black budget programs where they are using things like remote viewing and astral projection to 'travel' to different planets.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

bjornagain wrote: October 18th, 2022, 4:39 pm
Niemand wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:28 pm

I don't deny that some UFOs are government tech, I think some are, but I know that many are not.

Still, I say the Secret Space Program theory of the moon landing is mostly nonsense. I do think there are black budget programs where they are using things like remote viewing and astral projection to 'travel' to different planets.
With the secret space programme, I don't think it is a question of whether it exists, because it does and governments have admitted that. Instead it's a question of what extent. They do acknowledge the existence of surveillance satellites and occasionally hint at anti-ICBM systems and killer satellites (which can attack others), but then what?

I didn't mean to suggest that the things you saw were all manmade by the way. There are other things out there. I've spoken to people who've encountered utterly bizarre things, and they seem convinced of it. There are a lot of other questions about their nature and origin, but that is a long story.. The simple narrative of extraterrestrials visiting in nuts and bolts space ships is not accepted by many of the best Ufologists. They suggest other factors.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

gruden2.0 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:45 pmThere is a secret space program that is WAY more advanced than what they show in public.
Are they working on the next generation of computer animation technology? That seems to be NASA's top focus: cinema, CGI and photoshop.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

bjornagain wrote: October 17th, 2022, 4:18 pm

It's a shame that he caved and apologized, because HE WAS RIGHT.
Nope. He got it wrong. Just another indication of the dangers of speaking out on something based simply on your understanding of scriptures or some other religious idea. Religious leaders should really try to avoid speaking out on issues outside of their immediate ecclesiastical purview. We've seen how that works with the recent COVID shot issues, etc.

But then I guess I'm handicapped . . .. having worked directly with moon-rock thin sections, having worked directly with the people involved in training the astronauts in their ability to assess the geology they were seeing on the moon, having directly rummaged through a USGS (Branch of Astrogeology) repository of thousands of photographs taken on the moon, having a wife whose engineer father worked for Allison Corporation a subsidiary of GM, on heat-transfer problems with the moon-landing capsule and rocketry; etc., etc; where the etc., includes being a co-author/researcher for a paper appearing in the Apollo 15- Preliminary Science Report. My wife's father [edited out 'husband'] assiduously followed the whole program he had been a part of with great enthusiasm, as I'm sure the rest of the engineers/scientists involved with the program did.

One Very Big problem w/the 'fake moon landing' claims are the thousands of engineers working on the project including the myriad people involved w/the telemetry/tracking/radio contact with the capsule. The ones using these monitors probably also had a close hand in designing and testing them. If you think all these people were somehow fooled in what they were directly dealing with and monitoring, there's always that bridge spanning the East River someone will gladly sell you.
Last edited by larsenb on October 22nd, 2022, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Actually, NASA's top priorities are to find a way to get airplanes to run without fuel or on bio-diesel or such to make the world green .................. and manned drones to make an entire new complex for manufacturing and money. Way distant is putting up satellites to find other planets for life for the billionaires, and down list long way to get man back into space. Actually the last competes for funding as robots (automation) is cheaper and no one gets fired when robots die.

I have to laugh very hard, it even hurts, when folks talk about the "fake" moon landing. Such uninformed folks are almost silly, obviously not scientists or engineers, most must either not have degrees or degrees in gender studies? As the science and facts and photos are more indisputable than JS comments about Abraham and such that are now working out in ME archeology sites. Good fun anyway.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

The Red Pill wrote: October 17th, 2022, 5:57 pm From what I hear, from guys a lot smarter than I am in this matter...the radiation belt is the red flag on the field.

Nope, RP. Not so. Could Stanley Kubrick have simulated some of the alleged footage for whatever reason? Possibly.
Last edited by larsenb on October 18th, 2022, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.