Modern Day Apostles & Prophets viewing Christ

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Chris
captain of 100

Re: Modern Day Apostles & Prophets viewing Christ

Post by Chris »

Mamabear wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:38 pm
Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 1:46 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 19th, 2022, 12:43 pm
Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 11:32 am

When i was praying about what to do and debating it, i prayed hard. I heard a voice say. " The prophet wants people to take it serious, you take it serious, you will be okay."

The audible voice did not condemn the prophet, but it did sustain what the prophet was trying to communicate. Whether it was a mistake or not, the prophet was not trying to hurt anyone.

Ultimatley he told all of us to pray about it, that is what everyone should have done.

I know someone who heard a voice saying to get the jab. They likely would have lost their job if they had not.

I also know someone very well who was really struggling with the vax and was told the letter was written soley for the purpose to keep things going with missionary work.

Fact of the matter is this is the TEST Heber C Kimball talked about. IT is touching and affecting everyone on this planet. The question is who will leave and who will stay. Sounds like a pretty good test to me.

"After a while the gentiles will gather in Salt Lake City by the thousands, and this will be among the wicked cities of the world.

A spirit of speculation and extravagance will take possession of the Saints, and the results will be financial bondage."

An army of elders will be sent to the four quarters of the earth, to search out the righteous and, warn the wicked of coming events.

All kinds of religions will be started, and miracles performed that will deceive the very elect, if such a thing were possible.

Persecution comes next, and all Latter-day Saints will be tested to the limit. "Many will apostatize, and others will stand still, not knowing what to do. ...

The judgements of God will be poured out upon the wicked, to the extent that our elders from far and near will be called home; or in other words, the Gospel will be taken from the gentiles, and later on will be carried to the Jews.

The western boundaries of the State of Missouri will be swept so clean of its inhabitant that as President Young tells us, 'when we return to that place there will not be as much as a yellow dog to wag his tail.'

Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to the test that will try the very best of them.

The pressure will become so great that the righteous among us will cry unto the Lord day and night until deliverance comes."

"Yes, we think we are secure here in the chambers of these everlasting hills, where we can close the doors of the canyons against mobs and persecutors, the wicked and the vile, who have always beset us with violence and robbery, but I want to say to you, my brethren, that the time is coming when we will be mixed up in these now peaceful valleys to that extent that it will be difficult to tell the face of a Saint from the face of an enemy against the people of God.

Then is the time to look out for the great sieve, for there will be a great shifting time, and many will fall.

For I say unto you there is a test, a Test, a TEST coming."

This Church has before it many close places through which it will have to pass before the work of God is crowned with glory.

The difficulties will be of such a character that the man or woman who does not possess a personal knowledge or witness will fall. If you have not got this testimony, you mist live right and call upon the Lord, and cease not until you obtain it.

Remember these sayings: The time will come when no man or woman will be able to endure on borrowed light. Each will have to be guided by the light within themselves. If you do not have the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, how can you stand?"

I had a experience in 2015, i sent it to a Apostle in 2019. They wrote me back and in 2019 and said it is all about to start..... They know all of this.

Many try to overlook "Home Based, Church Supported" But that was revelation to get us ready and prepared for COVID and what comes next.
I’ve read this end of days theory before. There are discrepancies between it and the scriptures.
I took one look at the leaders hiding behind their masks, excessive vaxxx statements and other gaslighting moments at October 2021 Conference and said, these are not the leaders who will lead people through anything. They were afraid of illness and death. True prophets are the opposite, they walk through affliction, persecution and anything else knowing that this life is temporary, as witnessed throughout the scriptures. I don’t think that when society and communication break down and more illnesses are poured out, we will find the Q15 leading people anywhere…except leading people to follow corrupt governments.

If this was a test, it was a test to see if people would wake up and see how Marxist and corrupt their religious and political leaders are.

As far as home based church, during 2020 and 2021 we watched church on zoom each Sunday like the rest of the members. We were already reading scriptures as a family and we didn’t need a watered down manual to tell us how to interpret the scriptures.
Our church was the very last in our area to open the doors and let people worship. That says a lot.
There are no discrepancies.... over and over, you guys try to justify and find fault........ Lucifer is the great accuser of the brethren and has been from the beginning, so sad so very very sad.

You know if someone has questions they should search in the scriptures and through prayer and the Lord will help them work it out ( not come to places like this ). If the church or i guess better word is, if the prophets are fallen, as you claim and you stick with the church and your covenants and God fixes these supposed issues that arent there, but for sake of argument lets say they are. You still keep your reward right? If everything you people talk about on this site is true, well if you honor your covenants and have questions and leave it to the Lord. Well you still make it right? Yes you do, you can question and still go to church.

But if you are wrong, If the church is as the BOM says, As Joseph Says As all the Prophets from Adam till now say, and you turn your back on your covenants you have made at baptism and in the temple, well God is very clear what happens. It is one of the most clear themes throughout all of scripture.

So i know the church is true, I know he is a prophet in good standing and i also know what comes next. However if i lost my faith in the brethren and if i had questions i would never turn my back on my covenants and i would always under all circumstances live them and raise my arm to the square..

Because i know that is the only safe and rational path to take. So i ask all the people on this site. Why in the world would you risk it?

The scriptures, temple covenants, and words of the prophets from the beginning of time all point to you guys being wrong.

Joseph says you are wrong. He said sticking with the majority of the 12 is the key that will never rust, it will always fit the lock. So why risk it.

Why ignore daniels prophecy about this church and joseph here
“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”

I dont know how you guys can risk your salvation and that of your kids and families and such a weird twisted doctrine that makes no sense.

But God Bless, i hope he helps all yall work it out.
I’m not finding fault. I took the issues which plagued my mind, prayed and I received answers multiple times. The Lord showed me things I never even considered or knew of. My salvation is rooted in Christ and not in men or a church.

False prophets were in the past and are also in the present:
Deuteronomy 18:20-22
Ezekiel 14
Ezekiel 34
Isaiah 28 & 29
Jeremiah 5:30-31
Ephesians 4:14
2 Peter 2:1-3
Isaiah 56:10-12
Real prophets have never nor will ever say “follow us, we can never lead you astray.”
This is a sure sign of false prophets.

“I dont know how you guys can risk your salvation and that of your kids and families and such a weird twisted doctrine that makes no sense.”
I have no idea what this means. If weird twisted doctrine is studying the scriptures, asking relevant and honest questions, critically thinking, praying, and seeking answers, then I guess that’s me and many others on here.
None of those scriptures say that, find one specifically, its not there.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:55 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:20 pm
Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 1:46 pm Lucifer is the great accuser of the brethren and has been from the beginning, so sad so very very sad.
Oh, come on. You can't honestly say that with a straight face knowing what ancient prophets prophesied about our day. I mean, how do you justify Jeremiah 23? How about Isaiah 56? I could add a very significant list of additional scriptures that all witness to the dereliction, pride, and/or corruption of later-day servants.
It does not, you are putting your interpretation on that. That is not what the scriptures say. Most of it is speaking of our nation and the more specifics have to do with all supposed preachers who dont do as they should. No where does it single out the Lords church or the lords ordained prophets. That is soley your speculation.
Haha, have you read Jeremiah 23 lately? Oh, that's right, they skipped over that section in the CFM manual. Because, of course, it doesn't apply to the "prophets", *cough, cough* who shall consider it perfectly in the last days.

You are losing a lot of credibility by being so one-sided in your blind defense of these men. And yes, they actually do call out the church specifically. Mormon 8 is literally talking about the LDS church. Go read the Pace Memorandum again, Glenn specifically references Moroni's words and their application to the modern LDS church. If you don't believe me, who is the "Holy Church of God" referenced toward the end? Glenn stated that it certainly included the church, he just didn't have the boldness to declare it went all the way to the top. In fact, Moroni even calls out the corruption of all churches.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on October 19th, 2022, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

To whom it may concern, a rhetorical question.

If one is studying the scriptures, praying, and doing their best to hear the Lord, and the Lord gives them very clear direction on a matter, and His direction differs from the LDS Church standard, whose counsel are we under covenant to obey? The covenant I reference is where He says “You shall be my people, and I will be your God.” As His people we obey Him when we hear His will.

Chris said he experienced this about the jab. There were many messages from LDS leaders, including the FP and Q12, that clearly told the members to get the jab, but Chris says the Lord told him personally not to get it.

How is this any different than the Lord telling someone to quit giving their tithes to the Corp, but to give tithes directly to where He asks them to give. How is this different than the Lord telling someone to quit going to Church and to study at home? How is this different from a young man being counseled by the Lord to turn down a mission call? There are myriads of examples, as myriad as there are true followers of Christ, both in and out of Mormonism.

Chris says we are risking our eternal salvation, but I believe the danger lies in trusting men, and a corporation, rather than trusting the Lord. He speaks as though we have apostatized from Christ and His Gospel, when we absolutely have not. That is the only apostasy that matters. Apostatizing from an organization pales in comparison to apostatizing from Christ. If a choice has to be made, because of what we believe with every fiber of our being the Lord is asking of us, then we choose CHRIST.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:56 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 19th, 2022, 12:43 pm

I’ve read this end of days theory before. There are discrepancies between it and the scriptures.
I took one look at the leaders hiding behind their masks, excessive vaxxx statements and other gaslighting moments at October 2021 Conference and said, these are not the leaders who will lead people through anything. They were afraid of illness and death. True prophets are the opposite, they walk through affliction, persecution and anything else knowing that this life is temporary, as witnessed throughout the scriptures. I don’t think that when society and communication break down and more illnesses are poured out, we will find the Q15 leading people anywhere…except leading people to follow corrupt governments.

If this was a test, it was a test to see if people would wake up and see how Marxist and corrupt their religious and political leaders are.

As far as home based church, during 2020 and 2021 we watched church on zoom each Sunday like the rest of the members. We were already reading scriptures as a family and we didn’t need a watered down manual to tell us how to interpret the scriptures.
Our church was the very last in our area to open the doors and let people worship. That says a lot.
There are no discrepancies.... over and over, you guys try to justify and find fault........ Lucifer is the great accuser of the brethren and has been from the beginning, so sad so very very sad.

You know if someone has questions they should search in the scriptures and through prayer and the Lord will help them work it out ( not come to places like this ). If the church or i guess better word is, if the prophets are fallen, as you claim and you stick with the church and your covenants and God fixes these supposed issues that arent there, but for sake of argument lets say they are. You still keep your reward right? If everything you people talk about on this site is true, well if you honor your covenants and have questions and leave it to the Lord. Well you still make it right? Yes you do, you can question and still go to church.

But if you are wrong, If the church is as the BOM says, As Joseph Says As all the Prophets from Adam till now say, and you turn your back on your covenants you have made at baptism and in the temple, well God is very clear what happens. It is one of the most clear themes throughout all of scripture.

So i know the church is true, I know he is a prophet in good standing and i also know what comes next. However if i lost my faith in the brethren and if i had questions i would never turn my back on my covenants and i would always under all circumstances live them and raise my arm to the square..

Because i know that is the only safe and rational path to take. So i ask all the people on this site. Why in the world would you risk it?

The scriptures, temple covenants, and words of the prophets from the beginning of time all point to you guys being wrong.

Joseph says you are wrong. He said sticking with the majority of the 12 is the key that will never rust, it will always fit the lock. So why risk it.

“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”

I dont know how you guys can risk your salvation and that of your kids and families and such a weird twisted doctrine that makes no sense.

I’m not finding fault. I took the issues which plagued my mind, prayed and I received answers multiple times. The Lord showed me things I never even considered or knew of. My salvation is rooted in Christ and not in men or a church.

Ezekiel 14
Ezekiel 34
Isaiah 28 & 29
Real prophets have never nor will ever say “follow us, we can never lead you astray.”

“I dont know how you guys can risk your salvation and that of your kids and families and such a weird twisted doctrine that makes no sense.”
I have no idea what this means. If weird twisted doctrine is studying the scriptures, asking relevant and honest questions, critically thinking, praying, and seeking answers, then I guess that’s me and many others on here.
I didn’t say it was. It’s common sense.
Prophets can lead astray it’s very clear from the scriptures I quoted. So why latter day prophets have taught the opposite of this doctrine is beyond me.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Mamabear wrote: October 19th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:56 pm

Ezekiel 14
Ezekiel 34
Isaiah 28 & 29

I didn’t say it was. It’s common sense.
Prophets can lead astray it’s very clear from the scriptures I quoted. So why latter day prophets have taught the opposite of this doctrine is beyond me.
I am just 12 minutes into this interview, and although he is talking about Christians in general, he could pretty much be talking about the Mormons/LDS Church.

https://www.brighteon.com/eedd4d44-7fed ... f5accb524e

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 3:01 pm
Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 1:46 pm Lucifer is the great accuser of the brethren and has been from the beginning, so sad so very very sad.
Oh, come on. You can't honestly say that with a straight face knowing what ancient prophets prophesied about our day. I mean, how do you justify Jeremiah 23? How about Isaiah 56? I could add a very significant list of additional scriptures that all witness to the dereliction, pride, and/or corruption of later-day servants.
It does not, you are putting your interpretation on that. That is not what the scriptures say. Most of it is speaking of our nation and the more specifics have to do with all supposed preachers who dont do as they should. No where does it single out the Lords church or the lords ordained prophets. That is soley your speculation.
Haha, have you read Jeremiah 23 lately? Oh, that's right, they skipped over that section in the CFM manual. Because, of course, it doesn't apply to the "prophets", *cough, cough* who shall consider it perfectly in the last days.

You are losing a lot of credibility by being so one-sided in your blind defense of these men. And yes, they actually do call out the church specifically. Mormon 8 is literally talking about the LDS church. Go read the Pace Memorandum again, Glenn specifically references Moroni's words and their application to the modern LDS church. If you don't believe me, who is the "Holy Church of God" referenced toward the end? Glenn stated that it certainly included the church, he just didn't have the boldness to declare it went all the way to the top. In fact, Moroni even calls out the corruption of all churches.
I guess we see what we want to see dont we. I just reread both of those chapters. I can see how you may think that because you think they are guilty of that. I look at both of those chapters especially Jeremiah and i see people like the pope, and false prophets throughout time who mislead people and who are truly false prophets.

Verse 3-4

3 And I will agather the bremnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

4 And I will set up ashepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

I think of the church.

Same with these----

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell asafely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR bRIGHTEOUSNESS.

7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the anorth country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

This is what President Nelson has referred to multiples times in the last several conferences, i know some of the things that happen and i cant un see them, i know that he is alright.

When i see the scriptures you talk about I see Denver Snuffer, I see DOC, i see Pope, I see all the crazy pop up everywhere and i think that is who the Lord talked about

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 3:44 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 3:01 pm

I guess we see what we want to see dont we. I just reread both of those chapters. I can see how you may think that because you think they are guilty of that. I look at both of those chapters especially Jeremiah and i see people like the pope, and false prophets throughout time who mislead people and who are truly false prophets.

Verse 3-4

3 And I will agather the bremnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

4 And I will set up ashepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

I think of the church.

Same with these----

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell asafely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR bRIGHTEOUSNESS.

7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the anorth country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

This is what President Nelson has referred to multiples times in the last several conferences, i know some of the things that happen and i cant un see them, i know that he is alright.

When i see the scriptures you talk about I see Denver Snuffer, I see DOC, i see Pope, I see all the crazy pop up everywhere and i think that is who the Lord talked about
There is way more than what you quoted.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris, you can also chew on Isaiah 56

9 ¶ All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.

10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

BTW, check the footnote for verse 9: "Here begins a short rebuke to the wicked of the time (vv. 9–12)." They totally exempt themselves. By their very actions, they have proven that they are the dumb dogs of our day, not willing/able to raise a voice of warning. They are literally feeding the sheep to the NWO/Babylon wolves. And don't tell me that Nelson stating that we need to take our vitamins or that we'll be unable to survive spiritually w/o the Holy Ghost qualifies as what constitutes a warning in reference to these verses. Isaiah couldn't have used a more appropriate description for the LDS church.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 3:05 pm To whom it may concern, a rhetorical question.

If one is studying the scriptures, praying, and doing their best to hear the Lord, and the Lord gives them very clear direction on a matter, and His direction differs from the LDS Church standard, whose counsel are we under covenant to obey? The covenant I reference is where He says “You shall be my people, and I will be your God.” As His people we obey Him when we hear His will.

Chris said he experienced this about the jab. There were many messages from LDS leaders, including the FP and Q12, that clearly told the members to get the jab, but Chris says the Lord told him personally not to get it.

How is this any different than the Lord telling someone to quit giving their tithes to the Corp, but to give tithes directly to where He asks them to give. How is this different than the Lord telling someone to quit going to Church and to study at home? How is this different from a young man being counseled by the Lord to turn down a mission call? There are myriads of examples, as myriad as there are true followers of Christ, both in and out of Mormonism.

Chris says we are risking our eternal salvation, but I believe the danger lies in trusting men, and a corporation, rather than trusting the Lord. He speaks as though we have apostatized from Christ and His Gospel, when we absolutely have not. That is the only apostasy that matters. Apostatizing from an organization pales in comparison to apostatizing from Christ. If a choice has to be made, because of what we believe with every fiber of our being the Lord is asking of us, then we choose CHRIST.
It sounds like you believe the church was once true and joseph was a prophet right? So if the church is Christ church and he is the one you make your covenants too through his church and priesthood it doesn't matter who the prophet is those covenants are still binding right?

Or do you think the lord breaks all binding ordinances because of a fallen prophet? Whether the prophet is legit or not does not change your obligation to him and his church and they are intertwined. Just like joseph said. Once you join this church you leave neutral ground forever.

I dont think he is fallen but you get my point

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

sushi_ understands "covenant path" should mean/lead into brethrenitism ..

there should be the differenciation of the meaning of church between lord's foremost definition and so called organized one, corporate church etc.

"67 Behold, this is my doctrine whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church.

68 Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore he is not of my church.
" doctrine .. 10

"33 For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies.

34 They become the sons of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God.
" .. 84

sections 10, 84 indicate each member is church and has potential to become kingdom and elect of god heavenly father..

and elect of god should be related to calling elecion made sure thing test.. and brethrenites may very likely fail the test being blind into believing obeying following mere men/man's teaching about corporation church only, in other words, brethren's authority is the foremost thing about church.. thus they are not his church ..
:arrow:  

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 4:00 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 3:05 pm To whom it may concern, a rhetorical question.

It sounds like you believe the church was once true and joseph was a prophet right? So if the church is Christ church and he is the one you make your covenants too through his church and priesthood it doesn't matter who the prophet is those covenants are still binding right?

Or do you think the lord breaks all binding ordinances because of a fallen prophet? Whether the prophet is legit or not does not change your obligation to him and his church and they are intertwined. Just like joseph said. Once you join this church you leave neutral ground forever.

I have not broken any covenants that I have made with the Lord.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

sushi_chef wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:06 pm sushi_ understands "covenant path" should mean/lead into brethrenitism ..

there should be the differenciation of the meaning of church between lord's foremost definition and so called organized one, corporate church etc.

"67 Behold, this is my doctrine whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church.

68 Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore he is not of my church.
" doctrine .. 10

"33 For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies.

34 They become the sons of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God.
" .. 84

sections 10, 84 indicate each member is church and has potential to become kingdom and elect of god heavenly father..

and elect of god should be related to calling elecion made sure thing test.. and brethrenites may very likely fail the test being blind into believing obeying following mere men/man's teaching about corporation church only, in other words, brethren's authority is the foremost thing about church.. thus they are not his church ..
:arrow:  
Very well said, sushi.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 7:19 pm

That is not true, if you believe in joseph smith and the church he restored and you have gone to the temple. You have broken covenants. Think of the wording for all of them and what you promise, say what you will about the prophet good or bad, but you cant seperate it.

Salvation is done individually, apostasy is done individually. You cant blame the prophet whether he be good or bad, for what you promised to do in the temple and all the related things, god will hold you to what you promised no action of any man or woman can obsolve you of that duty.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 7:50 pm

That is not true, if you believe in joseph smith and the church he restored and you have gone to the temple. You have broken covenants. Think of the wording for all of them and what you promise, say what you will about the prophet good or bad, but you cant seperate it.

Salvation is done individually, apostasy is done individually. You cant blame the prophet whether he be good or bad, for what you promised to do in the temple and all the related things, god will hold you to what you promised no action of any man or woman can obsolve you of that duty.
Christ, please tell me what the “Law of the Gospel, as contained in the scriptures” means. When you went through the temple for the first time, and made this covenant, did you know what you were doing?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I never covenanted to listen to a false prophet. I am waiting for true messengers.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 7:54 pm

Christ, please tell me what the “Law of the Gospel, as contained in the scriptures” means. When you went through the temple for the first time, and made this covenant, did you know what you were doing?
You are twisting again, the gospel has not changed

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:02 pm

Answer the question.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:01 pm

I never covenanted to listen to a false prophet. I am waiting for true messengers.
When did they become false prophets?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Does teaching false doctrine constitute a false prophet?

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:03 pm

Answer the question.
It is exactly as it says, but it hasnt been abandoned as you think. I have heard nothing in conference that contradicts the scriptures

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:05 pm Does teaching false doctrine constitute a false prophet?
Such as what exactly

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." And if God tells you something and you defer to a supposed higher power such as a profit or Bishop, you have just committed the number one sin.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:10 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:03 pm

Answer the question.
It is exactly as it says, but it hasnt been abandoned as you think. I have heard nothing in conference that contradicts the scriptures
You didn’t answer my question. Did you know what the Law of the Gospel meant when you went through for the first time? The fact that you are avoiding the question is telling.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:05 pm Does teaching false doctrine constitute a false prophet?
Such as what exactly
That they can “never lead us astray.” Or how about when Nelson taught the saints that members can place their “complete trust” in the Q15?

The scriptures are clear that these are false doctrines.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:16 pm
Such as what exactly
That they can “never lead us astray.” Or how about when Nelson taught the saints that members can place their “complete trust” in the Q15?

The scriptures are clear that these are false doctrines.
Show me where in the scriptures it says that. There are no scriptures that say that.

There is a joseph smith qoute that says that very thing. "ALWAYS go with the majority 12, it is a key that will never rust,...."

D&C 138 :44 also