Modern Day Apostles & Prophets viewing Christ

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Serragon
captain of 1,000

Re: Modern Day Apostles & Prophets viewing Christ

Post by Serragon »

Chris wrote: October 16th, 2022, 4:14 pm

- Elder Quentin L. Cook

"We do not talk of those sacred interviews that qualify the servants of the Lord to bear a special witness of Him, for we have been commanded not to do so. But we are free, indeed, we are obliged, to bear that special witness."

"I declare to you that I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He lives. He was born in the meridian of time. He taught His gospel, was tried, was crucified. He rose on the third day. He was the first fruits of the resurrection. He has a body of flesh and bone. Of this I bear testimony. Of Him I am a witness.”

-Elder Boyd K. Packer

"Why don’t our talks in general conference and local meetings say more about the miracles we have seen? Most of the miracles we experience are not to be shared. Consistent with the teachings of the scriptures, we hold them sacred and share them only when the Spirit prompts us to do so…In bearing testimonies and in our public addresses we rarely mention our most miraculous experiences, and we rarely rely on signs that the gospel is true. We usually just affirm our testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel and give few details on how we obtained it."

-Dallin H Oaks

"I don’t know just how to answer people when they ask the question, ‘Have you seen the Lord?’ I think that the witness that I have and the witness that each of us [apostles] has, and the details of how it came, are too sacred to tell. I have never told anybody some of the experiences I have had, not even my wife. I know that God lives. I not only know that he lives, but I know him."

I think these quotes of modern apostles are very illustrative of the situation we find ourselves in today.

Take Elder Cook for example. He reveals he had a sacred interview and was commanded not to talk about it(even though he just brought it up). This is meant to imply that to the believer that these interviews are with Christ and the commandment given by Christ. But the only interviews we know of are with the president of the church. So did he meet with Christ, or did he meet with the president of the church? You will never be told.

But he is free to bear special witness (what an odd phrase). Hallelujah! The Lord did not command him not to be a Christian! But what is special about his witness? We are not told, and likely never will be told. Imagine walking into a court of law saying that you witnessed something and then refusing to tell people about what you saw. You just keep winking at the jury saying "believe me.. i saw it". Even worse.. imagine telling everyone that you are a special witness and one of a select group of people specifically chosen to be the only witnesses to something and then having everyone in that group refuse to actually give a witness. Boggles the mind.

And we see this same double speak throughout the church. We are told it is similar to how the Savior taught in parables. Those with eyes to see and ears to hear. But there is one glaring difference. The Savior actually performed miracles that all could see. He provided a foundation for his claims and a foundation for which his parables could be understood.

We have nothing. In fact, we are actually told miracles and stories about their experiences with Christ are too sacred to share with those who have covenanted with Christ to be his disciples. How strange. Even the other apostles aren't to be told about these experiences. Double strange.

So we have a bunch of people who claim to be 'special' witness of Christ, but won't tell anyone what makes their witness special. And we see no fruit from these special witnesses that we have seen throughout history from those who claim to be these same special witnesses. The last miracle we heard described by one of these special witnesses was that the power came back on so that a meeting could occur.

So no healings. No raisings. No gift of tongues. No prophesying. No seeing. No translating. No actual witnessing. But trust us.. we are special. We know. And if you don't believe us you have no faith. But it isn't blind faith, because some people a long time ago actually did witness and had fruit and we claim to be part of that historical lineage. But don't expect any actual evidence.

Unlike some others, I don't think the brethren are evil. But I also don't think there is anything special about them or their experiences. They are just men who are led by the Holy Spirit in the same way any of us are. If they keep these things from even each other, who are supposed to form a quorum or brotherhood of special witnesses of Christ, then I think it likely that they have never actually occurred. And I believe they are intentionally obscure about this stuff because they understand that so many members actually believe that these men have met Christ and that he personally discusses things with them on a regular basis.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:17 pm
LDS Watchman wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:02 pm I don't think that's worth an entire thread. I've made my point. Let's move on.
Hey, if you make a ridiculous/slanderous claim, you should stand by your words.
What I said was neither ridiculous nor slanderous. And I did stand by my claim. I showed the plain logic of your own statements and how it clearly shows that you are judging Joseph by a different standard than you judge his successors.

So you once again have a choice. You can get mad and lash out or you can honestly reflect and see if there’s any truth to what I said.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

LDS Watchman wrote: October 17th, 2022, 5:05 pm ...see if there’s any truth to what I said.
Oh, ok. Zero truth.
BTW, I'm done playing your little game.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 17th, 2022, 5:31 pm
LDS Watchman wrote: October 17th, 2022, 5:05 pm ...see if there’s any truth to what I said.
Oh, ok. Zero truth.
BTW, I'm done playing your little game.
The only one playing a game here is you. But I'm happy to move on. The point has been made. There's nothing more to say.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

ransomme wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:40 pm
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 1:55 pm
briznian wrote: October 17th, 2022, 9:16 am
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:51 am

And yet around that same time john the baptist father had his experience and an angel apperared in the temple as was the custom. Many also doubtless had experiences too, between you and me we listed 2.

Why did the savior continue to do as his religion expected of him throughout his life, giving sacrifice, going to the temple, teaching, learning, starting his ministry at age 30 as required?

Whether the church was or was not perfect, doesnt matter to the individual. We are still commanded to go to church, keep our covenants and serve as did the savior. Whether those people are righteous or not, we must do what we know is right just as you said. What a truly perfect example he gave.

If simeon and ana did as many on thise site and leave the church, and point fingers they would have lost their reward to see the christ and the ultimate reward of spending eternity with him no matter how right they think they are or how righteous.
One of the mistakes I see people make time after time is that their spiritual experiences mean more than they do. I recall a young returned sister missionary declare a fabulous testimony over the pulpit a few years back. She said she was praying fervently when she was overcome by the spirit and felt God's love for her. She concluded from that event that "the church was true". In actuality the only things that can be concluded from that experience of hers is that there is a God and that He loved her.

You are making the same mistake about the church, unless there is more to your story that you are not sharing.
Except for the fact without the church of Christ we are nothing. Did the people on this site not learning anything from Joseph Smith who they claim to still be a prophet and who brought forth the BOM. Why did Joseph go to the grove to pray? What Did the Savior tell him his mission was? To bring forth the TRUE church of Christ. He did so too!!!

IF the necessary church was not restored ( which it was ) where would be ? Right out there with everyone else confusion and craziness like this site right

A study of the Bible and BOM makes it clear, God wants a church for his people and he has prophets for his people. To say the opposite is just crazy in every way goes against everything in Bible and BOM & D&C etc.

Joseph Smith taught no one can be saved unless they do what----

The articles of faith right-

Faith
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of Holy Ghost
Temple Ordinances
Sealing

All of this requires Priesthood all of this requires action. All of this requires the true church of Christ and Jacobs ladder.

The church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints is the only way to heaven, and for some reason yall dont seem to want to go?? Dont know why
You added something that is not there in what you referenced:
Article 3
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

Article 4 defined the ordinances mentioned in article 3:
We believe that these ordinances are: 1st [first], Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; 2d [second], Repentance; 3d [third], Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; 4th [fourth], Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I wonder what else you are not getting quite right?

I'll say this, the CoJCoLDS is not the only way to heaven, Christ is. He is the Way

The temple endowment is meant to teach us the pattern so that we may know the way. Those with ears to hear and eyes to see will understand.

As far as temple work, I wonder if people view it today in a manner similar to the way Jews viewed the law? The power to save was not in the law, nor is it in the temple ordinances. The power to save is only in Christ.

Good is love and is merciful.
I wasnt quoting anything, i was pointing to that and summarizing that there are steps to salvation. Not just one event.

But yes as you pointed out -

We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

What are those laws and ordinances.....?

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Mamabear wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:24 pm
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:04 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:54 pm

Except for the fact without the church of Christ we are nothing. Did the people on this site not learning anything from Joseph Smith who they claim to still be a prophet and who brought forth the BOM. Why did Joseph go to the grove to pray? What Did the Savior tell him his mission was? To bring forth the TRUE church of Christ. He did so too!!!

IF the necessary church was not restored ( which it was ) where would be ? Right out there with everyone else confusion and craziness like this site right

A study of the Bible and BOM makes it clear, God wants a church for his people and he has prophets for his people. To say the opposite is just crazy in every way goes against everything in Bible and BOM & D&C etc.

Faith
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of Holy Ghost
Temple Ordinances
Sealing

All of this requires Priesthood all of this requires action. All of this requires the true church of Christ and Jacobs ladder.

The church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints is the only way to heaven, and for some reason yall dont seem to want to go?? Dont know why
Jesus taught no one can enter heaven unless they come to Him and are born again. He never mentioned temple ordinances or sealings.

“The church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints is the only way to heaven“
Coming to Christ is the only way to heaven.
Wrong
2 Nephi 9: 23- 25
23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect cfaith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.

24 And if they will not repent and believe in his aname, and be baptized in his name, and bendure to the end, they must be cdamned; for the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has spoken it.

25 Wherefore, he has given a alaw; and where there is bno claw given there is no dpunishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation; and where there is no condemnation the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them, because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him.

There are several other scriptures i can give but this one is pretty clear.

How are people baptized for the dead that Paul talked about?

Why did the Lord have Alters from the time of ADAM, up until NOW if they are not necessary?

Seriously WHY? Why did Joseph build temples just because they look pretty?

Why did every righteous prophet strive to have temples? Why is the Lord going to build New Jerusalem Temple and also build new temple in Jerusalem if there is no purpose. To say temple ordinances are not necessary for salvation and like trying to claim you don't need oxygen to breathe.

Sorry you cant just claim i love god and he loves me so all will be well, when you willfully refuse his commandments and that is what you do when you claim that his plan and his ordinances are not important or a part of salvation. You have to outright refuse and ignore the revealed word of god from adam to now.
Your scriptures support what I said. They mention no temple ordinances or sealings at all.
If our Lord Jesus Christ was married it was irrelevant because He did not speak of it.
The only sealing ever spoken of throughout the Bible and bom is being sealed to God. Not man. It is a topic that I have studied for several months.
So this says we can only be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances? What are those exactly? Notices Ordinances has an S on it.

So why has god commanded from the beginning of time temples? From the beginning of the earth with Adam, to the end of the millennium there are temples? What is their purpose what were temples were always used for?

You really going to say that heavenly father commanded temples but there is no use for them?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:10 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:54 pm

Jesus taught no one can enter heaven unless they come to Him and are born again. He never mentioned temple ordinances or sealings.

“The church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints is the only way to heaven“
Coming to Christ is the only way to heaven.
Wrong
23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect cfaith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.

24 And if they will not repent and believe in his aname, and be baptized in his name, and bendure to the end, they must be cdamned; for the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has spoken it.

25 Wherefore, he has given a alaw; and where there is bno claw given there is no dpunishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation; and where there is no condemnation the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them, because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him.

Why did the Lord have Alters from the time of ADAM, up until NOW if they are not necessary?

Why did every righteous prophet strive to have temples? Why is the Lord going to build New Jerusalem Temple and also build new temple in Jerusalem if there is no purpose. To say temple ordinances are not necessary for salvation and like trying to claim you don't need oxygen to breathe.

Sorry you cant just claim i love god and he loves me so all will be well, when you willfully refuse his commandments and that is what you do when you claim that his plan and his ordinances are not important or a part of salvation. You have to outright refuse and ignore the revealed word of god from adam to now.
Your scriptures support what I said. They mention no temple ordinances or sealings at all.
If our Lord Jesus Christ was married it was irrelevant because He did not speak of it.
The only sealing ever spoken of throughout the Bible and bom is being sealed to God. Not man. It is a topic that I have studied for several months.
So this says we can only be saves by obedience to the laws and ordinances? What are those exactly? Notices Ordinances has an S on it.

So why has god commended from the beginning of time temples? From the beginning of the earth with Adam, to the end of the millennium there are temples? What is their purpose what were temples were always used for?

You really going to say that heavenly father commanded temples but there is no use for them?
Temples were not important to Christ during his ministry. He taught true doctrine in one of them when he was young (maybe because the people therein needed truth). Later, He emphasized that we are temples built without hands where He and the Father may dwell.

The laws are his commandments. The ordinances are faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and being born again.

There are two temples that are relevant in the scriptures in the latter days: the one in Jerusalem (which will be built by Judah) and the one in Zion (which will be built by the elect, angels and which is part of the city of Enoch). They will be very different than the temples of past and present.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mamabear wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:22 pm

Wrong

So this says we can only be saves by obedience to the laws and ordinances? What are those exactly? Notices Ordinances has an S on it.

So why has god commended from the beginning of time temples? From the beginning of the earth with Adam, to the end of the millennium there are temples? What is their purpose what were temples were always used for?

Temples were not important to Christ during his ministry. He taught true doctrine in one of them when he was young (maybe because the people therein needed truth). Later, He emphasized that we are temples built without hands.

The laws are his commandments. The ordinances are faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and being born again.

There are two temples that are relevant in the scriptures in the latter days: the one in Jerusalem (which will be built by Judah) and the one in Zion (which will be built by the elect, angels and which is part of the city of Enoch). They will be very different than the temples of past and present.
Totally false doctrine, if you believe Joseph Smith, that is.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Luke wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:22 pm

Temples were not important to Christ during his ministry. He taught true doctrine in one of them when he was young (maybe because the people therein needed truth). Later, He emphasized that we are temples built without hands.

Not according to the Bible and the book of Mormon.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mamabear wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:27 pm

“We have a Bible and we need no more Bible”

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Luke wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:29 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:27 pm

“We have a Bible and we need no more Bible”
What Bible are you referring to?

Edit-
I think Jesus trumps Joseph.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Wrong

Temples were not important to Christ during his ministry. He taught true doctrine in one of them when he was young (maybe because the people therein needed truth). Later, He emphasized that we are temples built without hands where He and the Father may dwell.

Come on, do you really believe that....... Or are you trying to convince yourself it isnt important.....

The Temple is not important to the Lord you must not have ever read the new testament or the life of christ. The first accounts of his life starts in the temple, he went there frequently throughout his life and he ended his life going to the temple. He called the Temple his father house..... So the beginning, all of the middle and end all have the temple, seems pretty important to me.

I am deleting my other comment, not meaning to be rude.
Last edited by Chris on October 17th, 2022, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Wrong

I just saw that Chris said your “definitions” were obscene, and then made a threatening remark about your final interview with Christ. Please, please, please ignore his unkind words. When I read your comment it resonated with what I have studied, learned, and had have verified by the Holy Spirit.

I was an ordinance worker for 12 years, and in the temple 12 hours every week. I began to study everything I could find about temples, ancient and modern. There is a special place and purpose to temples, and Joseph tried to restore a place where higher teachings could be given. However the LDS temple is just a shadow of what the Lord intended, just as the Jewish temples were when He was on His earthly ministry. The Lord can still use the temples as a place for people to learn, but they are not the only place, and any person who is eventually invited into the Family of Christ will have everything given to them that they need, whether or not they ever had access to any temple, LDS or otherwise. Christ will not lose any of His sheep.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:46 pm
ransomme wrote: October 17th, 2022, 3:40 pm As far as temple work, I wonder if people view it today in a manner similar to the way Jews viewed the law? The power to save was not in the law, nor is it in the temple ordinances. The power to save is only in Christ.
The temple endowment was supposed to be just that, an endowment of power. True laws and ordinances should be taught there. Just think how powerful it would be if an entire society was truly consecrated, where there were no poor among them. In those very laws, we should be taught in great depth about Christ's gospel. We should expound upon the law of sacrifice. We should go intro great depth on the significance of virtue.

By living by higher laws, a society both collectively and individually will pierce the veil and receive its Second Anointing.
Yes, if we want to be endowed with power, then we need to covenant with God, and live worthily to fulfill our side of the covenant. The temple ordinances are promises of future blessings if we are true to our Covenants. The temple ceremony practices/teaches this path, but we still have to walk that path and prove ourselves.

This is the pattern of the Fathers', to seek blessings by making and keeping Covenants with God.

The endowment of power is the Holy Spirit and the gifts off the Spirit. From Adam to Abraham to Moses to Nephi to Nehpi son of Helaman to the Day of Pentecost this is the pattern. We should follow that pattern while offering a broken heart and a contrite spirit and actively receive the Holy Ghost.

I have to say that I am personally not fond of using the term second anointing, because I think that many confuse it with the temple practice of the second anointing and think of that practice as binding, as final, as the real deal. But maybe that's just me.
Last edited by ransomme on October 18th, 2022, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:03 pm
briznian wrote: October 17th, 2022, 9:16 am

One of the mistakes I see people make time after time is that their spiritual experiences mean more than they do. I recall a young returned sister missionary declare a fabulous testimony over the pulpit a few years back. She said she was praying fervently when she was overcome by the spirit and felt God's love for her. She concluded from that event that "the church was true". In actuality the only things that can be concluded from that experience of hers is that there is a God and that He loved her.

You are making the same mistake about the church, unless there is more to your story that you are not sharing.

Faith
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of Holy Ghost
Temple Ordinances
Sealing

Article 3

We believe that these ordinances are: 1st [first], Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; 2d [second], Repentance; 3d [third], Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; 4th [fourth], Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I'll say this, the CoJCoLDS is not the only way to heaven, Christ is. He is the Way

The temple endowment is meant to teach us the pattern so that we may know the way. Those with ears to hear and eyes to see will understand.

As far as temple work, I wonder if people view it today in a manner similar to the way Jews viewed the law? The power to save was not in the law, nor is it in the temple ordinances. The power to save is only in Christ.

I wasnt quoting anything, i was pointing to that and summarizing that there are steps to salvation. Not just one event.

1) So this is not "quoting" and adding two extra qualifications to the AoF that you directly referenced?
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 1:55 pm The articles of faith right-

Faith
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of Holy Ghost
Temple Ordinances
Sealing
2) Hmm I wonder what you think of what an angel of the Lord said,
1N13 "24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God."

Because that Book doesn't contain your last two...

Or what the Lord said in 1831
D&C 42
"12 And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel."

3) Chris, what do you think the Lord meant by "everlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel" in 1831?:
D&C 66:2 Verily I say unto you, blessed are you for receiving mine everlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel, sent forth unto the children of men, that they might have life and be made partakers of the glories which are to be revealed in the last days, as it was written by the prophets and apostles in days of old.

4) And you say that it is only through the CoJCoLDS... Actually you have to brought into the Church of the Firstborn. D&C 76:94, 77:11, 88:5, 93:22, 107:19, etc

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:44 pm Or lets look at it from a more logical conclusion.
Chris, how can you appeal to logic right in the middle of an emotional outburst?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:29 pm “We have a Bible and we need no more Bible”
Well, that's the whole point isn't Luke, all your Joseph "he said" quotes are not "Bible", are they? They were not canonized. Mamabear is right to default to actual scripture.

"A temple, a temple, a temple."

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: October 18th, 2022, 7:00 am
Luke wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:29 pm “We have a Bible and we need no more Bible”
Well, that's the whole point isn't Luke, all your Joseph "he said" quotes are not "Bible", are they? They were not canonized. Mamabear is right to default to actual scripture.

"A temple, a temple, a temple."
In the eyes of God there’s no such thing as “canonised”. “Canon” is an entirely man-made concept. And you should agree, since you reject Section 132, for example.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:39 am
ransomme wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:24 am Thanks for sharing, it gives people something to ponder over.

It's difficult because because these same individuals are quick to use equivalent speech, euphemisms to suggest seeing the Lord without actually saying it.

Why say "apostolic witness" and not say the Lord lives, for I have seen him. That is not a pearls before swine thing. Because pearls are meat and mysteries of the kingdom not open truths like the Savior is resurrected.

And if they are true messengers then they should share the words of God. Honestly if we took their names off of their conferences talks, would we be able to tell the difference between a 70 and a 12? A 12 and a spirit filled blogger?

I am not being a doubting Thomas here either. I am looking for fruits. Testing spirits.

What I am seeing is a corporation and corporate officers. I am seeing lots of friendships with mammon and promotion of mammon's talking points from safe and effective, to sustainability, to agenda 2030, etc. I have literally seen them "restore" the Gospel by survey.

Isaiah, Nephi, Jeremiah, Daniel, and more speak of apostasy just prior to the day of the Lord. They speak of a remnant (and I am in Europe and know little about whatever movements in the states). They speak of things to happen where all is not as well in Zion. So somehow we get from Joseph to the day of the Lord. All will not be well in Zion. I have to ask who is right the scriptures or the current Brotheren? Did they already go away from the path, or is it still in the future?
Yea they speak of your apostacy and the people on this site and others in the church. The great later day apostacy. Ive read the scriptures you guys try to claim show the church is in apostacy. It doesnt say what yall say it says. It is talking about you guys, the unfaithful of the church who turn their backs on it and tge prophets and also our gentile nation who are about to be swept off.....

It fits so perfectly with heber c kimball test prophecy but none of you see it.
You paint with very broad strokes with little to no knowledge about people here and what they "see" or "experience".

So tell me do you believe that the Brethren cannot lead people astray?

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

ransomme wrote: October 18th, 2022, 3:27 am
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:03 pm

Faith
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of Holy Ghost
Temple Ordinances
Sealing

Article 3

1) So this is not "quoting" and adding two extra qualifications to the AoF that you directly referenced?
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 1:55 pm The articles of faith right-

Faith
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of Holy Ghost
Temple Ordinances
Sealing
2) Hmm I wonder what you think of what an angel of the Lord said,
1N13 "24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God."

Because that Book doesn't contain your last two...

Or what the Lord said in 1831
D&C 42
"12 And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel."

3) Chris, what do you think the Lord meant by "everlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel" in 1831?:
D&C 66:2 Verily I say unto you, blessed are you for receiving mine everlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel, sent forth unto the children of men, that they might have life and be made partakers of the glories which are to be revealed in the last days, as it was written by the prophets and apostles in days of old.

4) And you say that it is only through the CoJCoLDS... Actually you have to brought into the Church of the Firstborn. D&C 76:94, 77:11, 88:5, 93:22, 107:19, etc
So what is your point? Well aware of what the Church of the first born and what it is. But membership in the church of exalted beings come after membership in the church. You cant jump ahead and you cant escape the order of the Lord. God does things right.

If a baby dies yes they go to the celestial kingdom, but they have to go through the same steps we do here now. during the millennium they must live and grow, they must be baptized, go to the temple and receive all the ordinances of the house of the Lord. No one receives membership in the church of the first born without receiving all ordinances.

This is the whole purpose of the millennium and of temples. No one can get to heaven without it.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

ransomme wrote: October 18th, 2022, 8:53 am
Chris wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:39 am
ransomme wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:24 am Thanks for sharing, it gives people something to ponder over.

It's difficult because because these same individuals are quick to use equivalent speech, euphemisms to suggest seeing the Lord without actually saying it.

Why say "apostolic witness" and not say the Lord lives, for I have seen him. That is not a pearls before swine thing. Because pearls are meat and mysteries of the kingdom not open truths like the Savior is resurrected.

And if they are true messengers then they should share the words of God. Honestly if we took their names off of their conferences talks, would we be able to tell the difference between a 70 and a 12? A 12 and a spirit filled blogger?

I am not being a doubting Thomas here either. I am looking for fruits. Testing spirits.

What I am seeing is a corporation and corporate officers. I am seeing lots of friendships with mammon and promotion of mammon's talking points from safe and effective, to sustainability, to agenda 2030, etc. I have literally seen them "restore" the Gospel by survey.

Isaiah, Nephi, Jeremiah, Daniel, and more speak of apostasy just prior to the day of the Lord. They speak of a remnant (and I am in Europe and know little about whatever movements in the states). They speak of things to happen where all is not as well in Zion. So somehow we get from Joseph to the day of the Lord. All will not be well in Zion. I have to ask who is right the scriptures or the current Brotheren? Did they already go away from the path, or is it still in the future?
Yea they speak of your apostacy and the people on this site and others in the church. The great later day apostacy. Ive read the scriptures you guys try to claim show the church is in apostacy. It doesnt say what yall say it says. It is talking about you guys, the unfaithful of the church who turn their backs on it and tge prophets and also our gentile nation who are about to be swept off.....

It fits so perfectly with heber c kimball test prophecy but none of you see it.
You paint with very broad strokes with little to no knowledge about people here and what they "see" or "experience".

So tell me do you believe that the Brethren cannot lead people astray?
You would be surprised what i have "seen" and what i "know"

My answer to your question is yes and no.

They cannot lead us astray when they speak in the name of the Lord. When they officially declare the word of the Lord and yes there will be some event"S" in the next 2.5 years where they do speak in the name of the Lord and the earth will tremble when they do.

When they arent speaking in the name of the Lord yes it is quite possible people could make assumptions about what is said or not said and form their own opinions that can lead to confusion.

I am not a blind follower of every comment spoken by someone, unless it is accompanied by the spirit or it is spoken in the name of the Lord by someone who has authority to do so.

Think the question you are asking is do i think President Nelson is a prophet yes i do

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Chris wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:45 am You would be surprised what i have "seen" and what i "know"

They cannot lead us astray when they speak in the name of the Lord. When they officially declare the word of the Lord and yes there will be some event"S" in the next 2.5 years where they do speak in the name of the Lord and the earth will tremble when they do.

When they arent speaking in the name of the Lord yes it is quite possible people could make assumptions about what is said or not said and form their own opinions that can lead to confusion.

I am not a blind follower of every comment spoken by someone, unless it is accompanied by the spirit or it is spoken in the name of the Lord by someone who has authority to do so.

Think the question you are asking is do i think President Nelson is a prophet yes i do
Seriously dude, more projection? You've learned well from your masters.

BTW, they rarely "speak in the name of the Lord." And guess what, 2 Nephi 28:31 is what they should be quoting, but they hardly ever do. I can't think of one instance off the top of my head when this has been quoted in GC.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 18th, 2022, 12:34 pm
Chris wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:45 am You would be surprised what i have "seen" and what i "know"

Seriously dude, more projection? You've learned well from your masters.

BTW, they rarely "speak in the name of the Lord." And guess what, 2 Nephi 28:31 is what they should be quoting, but they hardly ever do. I can't think of one instance off the top of my head when this has been quoted in GC.
I agree with that scripture, and they do council us to pray about anything they say. There have been times when they speak for the Lord. The proclamation on the family being one and a very timely one at that.

Dont worry they will speak the way you want them to speak soon, it isnt to far off.....the day of the gentile is wrapping up, things are about to get interesting

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

The temple covenants were not and are not inspired.
Loud laughter is not a sin. Theres nowhere in the scriptures it’s condemned.
Light mindedness is everywhere including in the church.
We can call out the “Lord’s anointed” especially when they do not act as such.
The church is not the kingdom of God on the earth, it’s proven in the scriptures.
We don’t need to covenant everything we have to the church, because they have over 100 billion dollars + assets and do not need it. The covenant should be to covenant what we have to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Pre 1990 temple covenants were satanic, not inspired and they removed them because people weren’t going to the temple.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: October 18th, 2022, 7:57 am In the eyes of God there’s no such thing as “canonised”. “Canon” is an entirely man-made concept. And you should agree, since you reject Section 132, for example.
Ok, fine, you match the terms to language God uses.

How about, the proven word of God versus the precepts of men, or how about, the word that has met God's criteria set forth in scripture versus what hasn't.

Attacking the language is a strawman. We all can read for ourselves. How about applying the Lord's standard:

"And now, behold, I give unto you (Oliver), and also unto my servant Joseph, the keys of this gift, which shall bring to light this ministry; and in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

Of course, you reject the doctrine that "every word" has multiple witnesses, even when said in plain English.

Love you brother, but your Nauvoo doctrines don't have any witnesses.