Clown world: Inflation rises, the stock market goes up????

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Clown world: Inflation rises, the stock market goes up????

Post by Original_Intent »

The consensus was that inflation would come it at 8.1% today. The expectation was that if it came it at 7.8 or 7.9 there might be a short-lived sucker's rally in the stock market. Anything to the upside of estimates would be a disaster.

Yet here, we are, inflation came it at 8.2%, and the stock indexes are up 2 to 2.66% or more - let the good times roll! Absolutely insane.

Also, this is the last inflation number before the mid-term elections. The conventional wisdom is that this number should seal the fate of the Democratic party. I can't help but wonder if the election results will likewise be a completely nonsensical clown world result.

It reminds me of the beast in Revelation that receives a fatal wound and is healed.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Clown world: Inflation rises, the stock market goes up????

Post by Lizzy60 »

Original_Intent wrote: October 13th, 2022, 12:04 pm The consensus was that inflation would come it at 8.1% today. The expectation was that if it came it at 7.8 or 7.9 there might be a short-lived sucker's rally in the stock market. Anything to the upside of estimates would be a disaster.

Yet here, we are, inflation came it at 8.2%, and the stock indexes are up 2 to 2.66% or more - let the good times roll! Absolutely insane.

Also, this is the last inflation number before the mid-term elections. The conventional wisdom is that this number should seal the fate of the Democratic party. I can't help but wonder if the election results will likewise be a completely nonsensical clown world result.

It reminds me of the beast in Revelation that receives a fatal wound and is healed.
Aaron Brickman totally expected (but didn’t guarantee) that stocks would go up today or tomorrow (or both) according to the history and signals preceding previous epic crashes. He was so confident that he shorted the SPX when it was 3500 premarket yesterday. His twitter feed is interesting, entertaining, and informative.

I’m not in the stock market so the actual stock ramifications don’t affect me, although an epic crash would because it would effect everyone’s way of life for some time to come.

@agbrickman is his twitter handle.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Translation for today's market:

1. The market started down around 500 points, a natural reaction to a much higher than expected core inflation number.
2. The Biden show says "oh my goodness", that does not look good with an election less than a month away.
3. Biden show calls the PPT (plunge protection team) and tells them to start buying with both hands...or else
4. Market now up over 800 points...a 1300 point swing...
5. Shazam....problem solved

If you think the markets are not manipulated...you are naive.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Lizzy60 wrote: October 13th, 2022, 12:32 pm
Original_Intent wrote: October 13th, 2022, 12:04 pm The consensus was that inflation would come it at 8.1% today. The expectation was that if it came it at 7.8 or 7.9 there might be a short-lived sucker's rally in the stock market. Anything to the upside of estimates would be a disaster.

Aaron Brickman totally expected (but didn’t guarantee) that stocks would go up today or tomorrow (or both) according to the history and signals preceding previous epic crashes. He was so confident that he shorted the SPX when it was 3500 premarket yesterday. His twitter feed is interesting, entertaining, and informative.

I’m not in the stock market so the actual stock ramifications don’t affect me, although an epic crash would because it would effect everyone’s way of life for some time to come.

@agbrickman is his twitter handle.
I'm not in the market either and haven't been since pre-2007-8 crash. So I have missed out on a good ride supposedly. I'm like you, only concerned to the extent of what a crash would mean for everyone.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

The Red Pill wrote: October 13th, 2022, 12:48 pm Translation for today's market:

1. The market started down around 500 points, a natural reaction to a much higher than expected core inflation number.
2. The Biden show says "oh my goodness", that does not look good with an election less than a month away.
3. Biden show calls the PPT (plunge protection team) and tells them to start buying with both hands...or else

I agree, but I think the CPI number itself is the death knell for Biden and Dems. There is no way this market holds thru the election.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Original_Intent wrote: October 13th, 2022, 12:51 pm
The Red Pill wrote: October 13th, 2022, 12:48 pm Translation for today's market:

I agree, but I think the CPI number itself is the death knell for Biden and Dems. There is no way this market holds thru the election.
I agree. The Biden show did not want a negative reaction to HIS inflation. But a dead cat can only bounce so many times.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

Just a technical bounce, very similar to the Ukraine war outbreak action (see the two blue 1's below).

I have databases I scan to see similar setups. This sort of movement has happened many times before. One that comes to mind is Pioneer Day 2002. Also a month before that, 26 Jun 2002.

Here's the Wilshire 5000, broken down by Elliott waves, from a link at zero hedge:
wlshdaily-8.png
wlshdaily-8.png (136.1 KiB) Viewed 786 times
We might have just finished blue 1 of (3) down. The market's due for a bounce toward blue 2. Then there could be another big drop, 3 of (3) down. The bullish alternative is that the market's still in a complex red (2), and the market rises to the end of the year before dropping into (3).

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Mike Adams interviewed Aaron Brickman last night.

Aaron Brickman and Mike Adams Discuss the Fourth Turning and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations

Here is the link.

https://healthrangerreport.com/aaron-br ... ilizations

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Speaking of “died suddenly” check out how Farcebook is doing lately (especially today).

https://slopeofhope.com/2022/10/metadeath.html

TL/DR:

It has lost about 75% of value in the past year, most of that recently. The company has been buying back shares, averaging $300 per share, which is a current loss of $32 Billion.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Lizzy60 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 9:57 am Mike Adams interviewed Aaron Brickman last night.

Aaron Brickman and Mike Adams Discuss the Fourth Turning and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations

Here is the link.

https://healthrangerreport.com/aaron-br ... ilizations
Ooh, I'm gonna love that, I am a HUUUGE fan of The Fourth Turning (I was actually a guest on a podcast to talk about it.)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Lizzy60 wrote: October 26th, 2022, 6:35 pm Speaking of “died suddenly” check out how Farcebook is doing lately (especially today).

TL/DR:

It has lost about 75% of value in the past year, most of that recently. The company has been buying back shares, averaging $300 per share, which is a current loss of $32 Billion.
Holy crap I knew they were in bad shape, I had no idea they have lost the last SEVEN YEARS of gains... Tomorrow should be lovely.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

The reason why American stocks are rising have less to do with an alleged "Plunge Protection Team" and more to do with the fact that the other main markets are chaotic. The smart money is moving over to the United States via capital flows because Europe is in shambles (and that will be further proven true during the winter) and Asia is uneasy with China's moves on Taiwan. This is why the Dollar is rising versus the Pound, the Euro and the Yen, as well as a bunch of other currencies.

Mexico has also been a beneficiary to the capital flows due to trade agreements with the United States as well as the fact that Mexico never really instituted restrictions on movement for the duration of the p(L)andemic - for that reason we haven't had the same supply chain issues here that have existed north of the border. This is why the Mexican Peso has been holding its own versus the Dollar whereas other currencies further south on the continent have suffered depreciations.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Original_Intent wrote: October 26th, 2022, 8:09 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: October 26th, 2022, 6:35 pm Speaking of “died suddenly” check out how Farcebook is doing lately (especially today).

TL/DR:

Holy crap I knew they were in bad shape, I had no idea they have lost the last SEVEN YEARS of gains... Tomorrow should be lovely.
Today Amazon is down over 4% during trading, and now tanking over 18% after hours.

https://mobile.twitter.com/agbrickman

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Subcomandante wrote: October 26th, 2022, 8:18 pm The reason why American stocks are rising have less to do with an alleged "Plunge Protection Team" and more to do with the fact that the other main markets are chaotic. The smart money is moving over to the United States via capital flows because Europe is in shambles (and that will be further proven true during the winter) and Asia is uneasy with China's moves on Taiwan. This is why the Dollar is rising versus the Pound, the Euro and the Yen, as well as a bunch of other currencies.

Mexico has also been a beneficiary to the capital flows due to trade agreements with the United States as well as the fact that Mexico never really instituted restrictions on movement for the duration of the p(L)andemic - for that reason we haven't had the same supply chain issues here that have existed north of the border. This is why the Mexican Peso has been holding its own versus the Dollar whereas other currencies further south on the continent have suffered depreciations.
Actually, all major US stock indexes (DOW JONES, S&P 500, NASDAQ) have been downtrending since Nov/Dec of 2021. But, yeah, the dollar is getting stronger even despite rising inflation.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 27th, 2022, 3:50 pm
Original_Intent wrote: October 26th, 2022, 8:09 pm

TL/DR:

Today Amazon is down over 4% during trading, and now tanking over 18% after hours.

https://mobile.twitter.com/agbrickman
That is the canary in the coal mine. Consumers have to spend all of their money on food, gas and utilities to stay alive. There is no more money for Amazon junk. This winter is going to be brutal. High heating costs and a diesel shortage. All brought to you by Democrats and their awful energy policies due to their climate change religion. Stolen elections have consequences.
Last edited by Christianlee on October 28th, 2022, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

From this website. Blue 3, not shown, is lower than blue 1 at the lower right; red (3), not shown, is quite a bit lower than blue 1.
2022-10-28 08_13_07-wlshdaily-13.png (1565×1396) - Brave.jpg
2022-10-28 08_13_07-wlshdaily-13.png (1565×1396) - Brave.jpg (183.44 KiB) Viewed 364 times

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

11-02 17_43_37.png
11-02 17_43_37.png (18.76 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

Possible S&P 500 paths, from pretzelcharts.com. According to this technical analyst, all possible paths eventually lead much lower, between now and next year. The only difference is how long it takes to go down hard. The red 3 is near the COVID low.
Attachments
11-05 12_22_32.png
11-05 12_22_32.png (26.8 KiB) Viewed 245 times

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

They fudged the inflation numbers, and a bunch of fools went on a buying spree, paying for stocks that will be tanking in the near future.

Yep. Clown world. It’s like they can’t see what is right before their eyes, and instead get all stoked by a fictional CPI report.