Alex Jones ordered to pay a billion dollars to Sandy Hook families

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Alex Jones ordered to pay a billion dollars to Sandy Hook families

Post by Artaxerxes »

"Alex Jones must pay $965 million in damages to numerous families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting for falsely claiming they were actors who faked the tragedy, a Connecticut jury said on Wednesday, marking the second multimillion-dollar verdict against the conspiracy theorist in just over two months.

The verdict came after three weeks of testimony in a state court in Waterbury, Connecticut, not far from where a gunman killed 20 children and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012. Jones claimed for years that the massacre was staged as part of a government plot to take away Americans' guns."

https://www.reuters.com/legal/jury-begi ... 022-10-12/

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: Alex Jones ordered to pay a billion dollars to Sandy Hook families

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Funny I wonder how much Tony Hawk made on the deal playing his part :?:

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Maybe all those rich people can finally find peace with all their new riches.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Political persecution at an all time high. $#*~! the system. Anyone who thinks this is justice or is cheering is a psychopath. We have lost our humanity over politics.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Free speech is officially dead.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

tribrac wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:07 pm Maybe all those rich people can finally find peace with all their new riches.
They sold their souls for $

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

I’ve never looked into this story. But now I don’t need to. The crazy amount he has to pay tells me that it was a hoax and they are ticked off for having been found out.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:24 pm Free speech is officially dead.
That's what I am afraid of. If the PTB decide a narrative, you better fall in line.

The consequences are deplatforming, cut off your PayPal and sue you for damages.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

When will the network news have to pay up for all the lies they tell daily?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

oneClimbs wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:55 pm When will the network news have to pay up for all the lies they tell daily?
When people can prove personal damages?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

dreamtheater76 wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:19 pm Political persecution at an all time high. $#*~! the system. Anyone who thinks this is justice or is cheering is a psychopath. We have lost our humanity over politics.
Why does humanity require opposing this result?

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 12th, 2022, 3:13 pm
dreamtheater76 wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:19 pm Political persecution at an all time high. $#*~! the system. Anyone who thinks this is justice or is cheering is a psychopath. We have lost our humanity over politics.
Why does humanity require opposing this result?
Thanks for further providing my point. You don’t know jack about history. You are about to enter hell with us. Our first amendment and constitution has been destroyed. Our government murders millions of babies and people around the world. We are next. People like you and their ignorance helped get us here.
Last edited by dreamtheater76 on October 12th, 2022, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Mamabear wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:29 pm I’ve never looked into this story. But now I don’t need to. The crazy amount he has to pay tells me that it was a hoax and they are ticked off for having been found out.
I was on a drive with a friend when the story broke. The live reports on the radio were contradictory with what the eventual outcome became. I specifically remember that the gunman was said to have killed his mother when he entered the school because she was a volunteer there, and let him in. (Later, they said he killed her in their home before he left for the school). Also, they were chasing a second gunman in the wooded area near the school. (The Second gunman idea, or chasing anyone into the woods was totally dropped). There were some other things that were reported as facts that were later completely dropped from the narrative. It looked fishy from the start.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

dreamtheater76 wrote: October 12th, 2022, 3:18 pmPeople like you and their ignorance helped get us here.
Which part of history am I missing?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

It's especially crazy that that's just $1 million in 2016 dollars.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Jules wrote: October 12th, 2022, 2:03 pm Funny I wonder how much Tony Hawk made on the deal playing his part :?:
What the heck was that actor doing?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

They say you should pick your battles and it looks like he chose the wrong one.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Niemand wrote: October 12th, 2022, 4:32 pm They say you should pick your battles and it looks like he chose the wrong one.
They were going to get him one way or another. They used Sandy Hook to take him out when the real reason they wanted to take him out was for uncovering the pedophile networks and human trafficking. Everything that is going on now at the border and what’s been exposed lately has made them desperate and the fix was in with a kangaroo court.

Former Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters is on Ukraines kill list for speaking the truth.

I happen to be an Infowars listener and a Pink Floyd fan. Plus a Patriot and a second amendment supporter to the extreme! I represent everything our government wants dead which I will be soon if Merrick Garland and poopy pants Biden get their way.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

dreamtheater76 wrote: October 12th, 2022, 4:46 pm
Niemand wrote: October 12th, 2022, 4:32 pm They say you should pick your battles and it looks like he chose the wrong one.
They were going to get him one way or another. They used Sandy Hook to take him out when the real reason they wanted to take him out was for uncovering the pedophile networks and human trafficking. Everything that is going on now at the border and what’s been exposed lately has made them desperate and the fix was in with a kangaroo court.

Former Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters is on Ukraines kill list for speaking the truth.

I happen to be an Infowars listener and a Pink Floyd fan. Plus a Patriot and a second amendment supporter to the extreme! I represent everything our government wants dead.
I agree that they would try and get him one way or another.

I think Jones is allowed to run around because he is a bit of a loudmouth and a bully so it does him no favours. This Sandy Hook thing was not a good look, I don't know how he could have got around it without looking callous.

Didn't know about Roger Waters. Always liked his music. Floyd lost a lot after he left.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I remember seeing a video where some database showed that something like 60% of Newtown (Sandy Hook area) mortgages were paid off soon after the event. I think it happened on December 28, two weeks after the event.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I saw another video where the town mayor at the time was in a deposition and she was asked who paid for the rented light-sign trailer that said "Everyone must check in here" on the morning of the event. She answered, "It must have been DHS."

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

According to many Christian prophets (not ours) the wicked are engaging in the last of their antics right now, before being exposed and cut off.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

I hate that guy anyway. He's a fat, loud mouth jerk.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

My understanding was that Jones realized what he stepped into fairly quickly, backed out of his allegations and even publicly apologized. No way his actions should be actionable, let alone to the tune of 1 billion dollars.

And claiming that Sandy Hook may have been orchestrated doesn't mean people were not actually murdered, so how were the victims personally damaged by Alex Jones? They weren't.

How easily stupid people are manipulated by the power brokers, or enticed by free, easy money. I'm assuming Jones will move the case up the courts for redress.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Only the fascist superstate is allowed to lie with impunity, but it is called truth by the state. And it's welcomed by the bleating creatures who suckle at the teets of the Whore Babylon begging for more and more lies to lull them into sweet slumber like suckling children.