Is the Public School System Failing: Education vs. Schooling

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
madvin
captain of 1,000

Is the Public School System Failing: Education vs. Schooling

Post by madvin »

I would say no. They are very successful in their goal, which is to keep children from being educated. Their purpose is to create people who would fit in to an industrial situation. In other words, create slaves. They do have to throw in a bone or two by teaching a few of the basics so it won't be so obvious to some of the parents to keep them from revolting.

It is not an educational system, but a school system. They school people which means they manipulate them.

If you do well in school, you get the dubious privilege of being able to consume more school, until you consume so much school, that you can't talk with anyone except those who have consumed a similar amount of school - Ivan Illyich

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Re: Is the Public School System Failing: Education vs. Schooling

Post by mudflap »

lol. "consume school". that's a good one.

I'm such a rebel....I guess it'll be off to the re-education camps for me....

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

We’re increasingly seeing the mentally I’ll teach and treat the mentally ill. There are great people who work in education, particularly public education. I can’t imagine how difficult their situation is

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Yes- It is now a babysitter and WEF agenda training center

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

BuriedTartaria wrote: October 10th, 2022, 9:14 am There are great people who work in education, particularly public education. I can’t imagine how difficult their situation is
don't worry - the good ones are leaving quickly. I got out after a year of hearing the english teacher across the hall talk about her weekend sexcapades with 9th graders.

"let it burn".

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

karend77 wrote: October 10th, 2022, 10:13 am Yes- It is now a babysitter and WEF agenda training center
Exactly. When you actually sit down and write down what YOU, back in the day got from school, and then think about how long it would take you to teach that to another person, it's appalling. It's worse now. We had some public school kids come to home school for a while during COVID.

The could do 8, 11 and 16 10x10 timestables in a minute, though not all were correct.
One of them in either 7th or 8th grade could not read.
Only one of them could write more than a sentence legibly.
When asked about fractions, they said "I can't remember that. We learned that in 5th grade."

I'm pretty sure my baby at the time is going to catch that level by age 6 or 7.

They improved their multiplication, probability and fractions through games without even realizing. They improved their writing dramatically. All of them could read well. This was over a few months and their parents were upset because all they were doing was playing.

IMO, public school has three uses:
1. A government-subsidized babysitter for families who need two incomes.
2. The materials provided by taxpayers exclusively available at high school extra-curriculars and vocational classes.
3. Evaluation and evidence for parents who want their children to go to a higher-tier college.

You'll notice that, other than babysitting, those only apply to high schools.

Your kids will honestly probably learn to read, write and do math at a similar rate at home as they will in public school with no driving them. If you just leave books around and educational games or read along books, they'll eventually learn. It's not the schools, it's the parents.
Last edited by harakim on October 12th, 2022, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

As long as parents tolerate it, nothing will change for the better. Children should be encouraged to record every day at school. They can keep a notebook to make notes of which places in the day to play back. After assembling a devastating and incriminating dialog from the satanist teachers, criminal charges can be filed against the school, the district, the principal, and the specific teacher. Open the suit with $50 million in damages per student per day, and shut the pricks down.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

It's indoctrination. And it's been that for quite some time.
dc