Latter-day Apostasy Part 2 - An Approach To Religion

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

Latter-day Apostasy Part 2 - An Approach To Religion

Post by onefour1 »

I thought this video was one that those who find fault with the church and let that lead them astray should watch:

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: Latter-day Apostasy Part 2 - An Approach To Religion

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I haven't been led astray but thanks for your concern. Your message, if it had no guile or malice or an agenda to serve an institution over sincere concern for individuals, would have refrained from labeling people who hold onto the Book of Mormon but resist the LDS church as being people led astray

If you sincerely seek to recover people, your actions need to be pure and free from subtle commentary-jabs that are critical of their justifiable views.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

BuriedTartaria wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:23 pm I haven't been led astray but thanks for your concern. Your message, if it had no guile or malice or an agenda to serve an institution over sincere concern for individuals, would have refrained from labeling people who hold onto the Book of Mormon but resist the LDS church as being people led astray

If you sincerely seek to recover people, your actions need to be pure and free from subtle commentary-jabs that are critical of their justifiable views.
I get it. Kind of like what you are doing to me. I will try and hold back on that severe labeling.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

onefour1 wrote: October 5th, 2022, 1:22 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:23 pm I haven't been led astray but thanks for your concern. Your message, if it had no guile or malice or an agenda to serve an institution over sincere concern for individuals, would have refrained from labeling people who hold onto the Book of Mormon but resist the LDS church as being people led astray

I get it. Kind of like what you are doing to me. I will try and hold back on that severe labeling.
I'm not doing anything to you. May you enjoy your beliefs in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

onefour1 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:13 pm I thought this video was one that those who find fault with the church and let that lead them astray should watch:
This is really good stuff. That's for the link, I'll be sharing it around.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

onefour1 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:13 pm I thought this video was one that those who find fault with the church and let that lead them astray should watch:
Ok I watched it.

Seemed pretty childish and foolish, as it portrayed a ridiculous straw man argument which demonstrated the video author had a profound misunderstanding of what is causing people to see the lds church as in apostacy.

The ldscorp has endless 'get out of jail free' cards in the form of excusing all faults on the premise of the 'fallibility of men'. Hinckley gets caught molesting young boys, or Nelson poisoning poor Hunter to death, or Brigham ordering a massacre of innocent people? No problemo; they weren't acting as prophets at that particular moment, men are fallible; what are ya gonna do? Doesn't mean the lds church isn't true, so 'stay in the boat'.

And you know what? That logic actually is reasonable. We can't assume the lds church is false just because lds leadership does evil things now and then.

But the problem is that the lds church can only be true if the Book of Mormon is true. Yet what the lds church teaches as doctrine is antithetical to what the Book of Mormon teaches.

That's the problem. Not that some lds leader in antiquity did something evil, or that some current lds leader did something evil.

The Book of Mormon is true. Which is why it's impossible for the lds church to be true, since it is teaching contrary doctrine to the Book of Mormon.

This video seems to completely miss the point, childishly presuming that it is some sort of personality clash that is causing people to fall away from the ldscorp. No, it is the truths in the Book of Mormon that expose the lds church as itself in apostacy.

For example, it is not how tithing funds are spent to support evil and satanic causes (which they are), which is the red flag. After all, that can easily be excused by the foibles and fallibility of the men who administer the funds. The problem is that the doctrine of tithing as taught and applied by the lds church is not even close to the actual doctrine of tithing given by Christ within the D&C. Christ's words are ignored or re-interpreted, because the lds church is in apostacy. See the problem?

Anyway, thanks for posting the video anyway. It was worth taking a few minutes to review and refute. TBMs who really believe that people are leaving the ldscorp for such childish and foolish reasons could probably benefit from finding out the real doctrinal problems with the current lds church instead of cartoon-like strawmen fables that are apparently being trotted out in vids like this one.