Are Nukes Real?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
madvin
captain of 1,000

Re: Are Nukes Real?

Post by madvin »

The Jesuits came out of their hiding places in Nagasaki and Hiroshima Japan saying they hadn’t been affected by radiation. (I guess they didn’t know about it so it doesn’t affect them, just like Edgar Mitchell said about space radiation). After the firebombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, (which were obviously Fire Bombings, not nukes) Father Hubert F. Schiffer, a German Jesuit, and several others who survived the atomic bomb "Little Boy" dropped on Hiroshima, walked out of their basement bomb shelter and attributed their survival to the mother Mary.

Somehow they knew when the firebombing would begin so they were prepared in a bomb shelter.

The ideas of things like, the Cold War, Nuclear proliferation and large scale nuclear bombs are “permanent, uncontrollable (because they're out of the public’s control) & unfathomable weapons”. These “fear devices” are a fraud created by “the powers that be” to have a constant “stick” to use in the “stick and carrot” routine. The public thinks the U.S.A and Russia, or the U.S and China, or China and Russia... or India and Pakistan, or (fill in the blanks) could go to full scale nuclear war, trigger Armageddon. Most fear that they could destroy the entire earth, or irradiate the earth, destroy modern society, destroy trade and kill everyone... and they think these countries hate each other and could attack at any moment! Pretty scary stuff! In reality, behind the scenes, all the superpowers... and all nations, are controlled by one organization. If you read your history you’ll know which group has owned all countries for hundreds of years. Nations go to war when they want them to, for their purposes... mind control, re-writing history and geography(maps) and depopulation.

The government nuclear propaganda movies which faked Nukes were all made at a place called Lookout Mountain Labs atop laurel canyon, where the Manson murders happened and where all the hippies of rock’n roll in the sixties came from. All their parents were military intelligence and the whole hippy music scene was run by the military.
The CIA had the largest movie production facility in the world located in Laurel Canyon, called the Lookout Mountain Laboratory, it was used by War Dept. until the 50's.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

madvin wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:27 pm The Jesuits came out of their hiding places in Nagasaki and Hiroshima Japan saying they hadn’t been affected by radiation. (I guess they didn’t know about it so it doesn’t affect them, just like Edgar Mitchell said about space radiation). After the firebombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, (which were obviously Fire Bombings, not nukes)
Much of urban Japan was fire bombed including Tokyo.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima are totally different topographies. Nagasaki is quite hilly, while Hiroshima is on a coastal plain. I think this had major role in how the two events played out.

While Nagasaki shows little sign of its attack today, the area around ground zero in Hiroshima still has an eerie sterile feel to it. There are trees growing in the ground in that park, which were planted later, but they look as if they are struggling. There is little grass around there, or wasn't when I visited. My guess would be that that's because the previous top soil was largely burnt off.

I also noticed a few people with deformities in Hiroshima when I was there. I was not conscious of seeing that elsewhere in Japan.

Whatever one's view of what happened in these two cities, they are testament to the horrors of war. I've noticed globalism has a tendency to latch onto noble causes and pervert them. I too would like to see a world rid of war, but not run by some perverted and corrupt cabal.

letsjet
captain of 100

Post by letsjet »

I started work at the Advanced Test Reactor in September of 1990. Nuclear technology is VERY REAL! In college when they taught us about nuclear physics. The scriptures that talk about the “Light of Christ” started to make a lot more sense! The Light of Christ and nuclear physics are very closely related.

Senkyoshi
captain of 50

Post by Senkyoshi »

I spent 2 years in and around Hiroshima Japan. (mission) I’ve been to the peace park with the pictures of the aftermath of the bomb. I’ve seen where the shadow of a man was burned into the concrete from the flash. I’ve spoken with older people who saw it with their own eyes. I’ve spoken with people that had goiters and other physical maladies, including cancer, from the fallout. My MIL, a downwinder in Utah, died of cancer. Yes, it’s real.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Niemand wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:17 pm Not only do I think we have them, I think we have worse. As many have said, we're lucky CERN hasn't ripped a hole in the Earth... or HAARP completely destroyed our atmosphere.

I suspect the ozone hole was to do with all these tests rather than CFCs.
Yeah, you can really see the hatred and vileness of the demonic presence and the opposition to our earth when you look at nuclear weapons and geoengineering.

I can't talk too much about it, but there's a much larger, cosmic picture to this contention between light and dark beyond our orb. There are whole worlds that have gone dark because of efforts of the forces of darkness, or lack of faith in the light. There were entities here from the beginning who view this planet as theirs and were opposed to Adam and Eve being placed here, and have been fighting this ever since. They will either hijack the creation and turn mankind into an image that separates them from God, or simply destroy them. Jesus came here to make sure that didn't happen.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gruden2.0 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Niemand wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:17 pm Not only do I think we have them, I think we have worse. As many have said, we're lucky CERN hasn't ripped a hole in the Earth... or HAARP completely destroyed our atmosphere.

I suspect the ozone hole was to do with all these tests rather than CFCs.
Yeah, you can really see the hatred and vileness of the demonic presence and the opposition to our earth when you look at nuclear weapons and geoengineering.

I can't talk too much about it, but there's a much larger, cosmic picture to this contention between light and dark beyond our orb. There are whole worlds that have gone dark because of efforts of the forces of darkness, or lack of faith in the light. There were entities here from the beginning who view this planet as theirs and were opposed to Adam and Eve being placed here, and have been fighting this ever since. They will either hijack the creation and turn mankind into an image that separates them from God, or simply destroy them. Jesus came here to make sure that didn't happen.
I totally agree with this. It is a well known feature of Satanic forces that they like to invert God's creation or parody it.

I see the same happening with GM and nanobots. These forces would love to modify every creature and plant in existence to shift it away from nature. This mosquito malarkey is part of it. We'll see black fly and mosquitos riddled with mRNA things released into the Arctic to introduce contaminants into local elk, deer, bear etc ostensibly for health but in reality to "mark" nature.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

letsjet wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:54 amI started work at the Advanced Test Reactor in September of 1990. Nuclear technology is VERY REAL! ...
I don't know that anyone here is dismissing nuclear technology in general but there is a difference between things like nuclear power and a nuclear bomb. I know that some physicists and others are skeptical of the nuclear bomb.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:50 pm
letsjet wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:54 amI started work at the Advanced Test Reactor in September of 1990. Nuclear technology is VERY REAL! ...
I don't know that anyone here is dismissing nuclear technology in general but there is a difference between things like nuclear power and a nuclear bomb. I know that some physicists and others are skeptical of the nuclear bomb.
As I've said elsewhere, the difference between the two is the rate of power release. There are unfortunately neutral parties who have witnessed and experienced the effects of tests such as Australian Aboriginals, island tribes, people in northern Finland, Hawaiian civilians and wandering fishermen.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

There is a lot of crap and lies in the world. And there are apparently those who have no knowledge that make up more crap which frankly makes it harder for honest and intelligent people to confront the real issues (COVID plandemic, COVID shots, evil wars), etc.. this OP is a perfect example. It may or may not be intentional trolling but it sure the he.....lll is stupid, like flat earth, etc.... BTW I have seen live nukes and as far as anyone questioning the a-Bomb viability, they are pretty stupid. Sure, maybe back when they did the math with paper and pencil, but with supercomputers (and even normal PC's) you can do the math yourselves. You may argue the required purity of the fissile material and the required efficiency of the compaction and have to do separate models to agree with them but as that say, it isn't really rocket science. then add that NK cannot do it yet, Israel and Pakistan have, etc... and if they were fake, every country would have faked them, especially NK and Iran.............. Would they keep spending all their cash to pretend not to fake it?

No more here, I've been trolled enough.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

TheDuke wrote: October 19th, 2022, 5:39 pm There is a lot of crap and lies in the world. And there are apparently those who have no knowledge that make up more crap which frankly makes it harder for honest and intelligent people to confront the real issues..
And there are a lot of both unintentional and intentional gatekeepers and controlled opposition. I suspect things like flat earth and Q anon are part of that category.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:14 pm
TheDuke wrote: October 19th, 2022, 5:39 pm There is a lot of crap and lies in the world. And there are apparently those who have no knowledge that make up more crap which frankly makes it harder for honest and intelligent people to confront the real issues..
And there are a lot of both unintentional and intentional gatekeepers and controlled opposition. I suspect things like flat earth and Q anon are part of that category.
I subscribe to the idea that one tactic of dealing with opposition is a) try and persuade them to spread some ludicrous ideas and b) associate them with those ideas whether they do or don't.

A case of set 'em up and knock 'em down.

While I think this world is far stranger than normies think it is, I've also seen certain easily disproven ideas circulating around. Some Qanon ideas are patently ridiculous like the notion that Trump is secretly in charge of the USA right now.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

madvin wrote: October 18th, 2022, 11:01 pm
TheDuke wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:31 pm Just curious if this is intended to be some trolling exercise to keep us all away from reality?
No, but rather a dive into discovering what actually may be reality.

How does anybody KNOW they exist? All the evidence is circumstantial.
I have to admit that I would like to read an eyewitness account from a member here. Someone close to me works at area 51 which, according to many, isn't real, I'm going to give him a call and see if he's seen a test or not. He'll like just say "no comment" as he always does. LOL.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

letsjet wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:54 am I started work at the Advanced Test Reactor in September of 1990. Nuclear technology is VERY REAL! In college when they taught us about nuclear physics. The scriptures that talk about the “Light of Christ” started to make a lot more sense! The Light of Christ and nuclear physics are very closely related.
holy cow that is really mixing the teachings of man with teachings of god. You just brought down Christ so many levels that I can't even believe it

This is like saying that the created were created by themself then created god or the creator . . . .are you a chirstian? somehting that man created is like light from christ.

let the apostasy go forward . . . man first then god?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Niemand wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:24 pm
creator wrote: October 19th, 2022, 6:14 pm
I subscribe to the idea that one tactic of dealing with opposition is a) try and persuade them to spread some ludicrous ideas and b) associate them with those ideas whether they do or don't.

A case of set 'em up and knock 'em down.

While I think this world is far stranger than normies think it is, I've also seen certain easily disproven ideas circulating around. Some Qanon ideas are patently ridiculous like the notion that Trump is secretly in charge of the USA right now.
there are no qanon post claiming that Trump is in charge . . . oh wait, I see you used the word notion . . woops

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

all bombs are nuclear . . . .

Complete List of All U.S. Nuclear Weapons
Last changed 12 June 2020

If a weapon name is an active link, click on it to see a picture of the weapon, or a page on it (if one exists).

Desig-
nation Type Width
(in.) Length
(in.) Weight
(lb.) Yield(s) Fuzing Deployment
Status Comments
Mk-I Bomb 28 120 8,900 15 - 16 kT Airburst Used in combat in 1945, never stockpiled; only 5 bomb assemblies completed, all retired by Nov 1950 Gun-assembly HEU bomb; "Little Boy" dropped on Hiroshima
Mk-II Bomb Theoretical design, never produced Low-efficiency plutonium implosion bomb
Mk-III Bomb 60.25 128 10,300 18, 20-23, 37, 49 kT Airburst Used in combat in 1945; mass production 4/47-4/49, 120 produced; all retired late 1950 Plutonium implosion bomb; "Fat Man", Model 1561; Mods 0, 1, 2
Mk-4 Bomb 60 128 10,800 - 10,900 1, 3.5, 8, 14, 21, 22, 31 kT Airburst Entered service 3/49; produced 3/49-5/51; 550 produced (all mods);
Retired 7/52-5/53 Implosion fission bomb; redesigned weapon based on Mk-III Mod 1; first IFI weapon; first assembly-line produced nuclear weapon; used type C and D pits, composite Pu-HEU cores; 3 mods
T-1 / TX-1 Atomic Demolition Munition About 8 ? About 150 Low kiloton Time delay Entered service, withdrawn, late 1940s Developed at Picatinny Arsenal for the U.S. Army. The only U.S. nuclear weapon ever developed outside of the nuclear laboratory system. Gun-assembly HEU weapon.
W-4 Warhead 60 90 6,500 Airburst Cancelled 1951 Planned warhead for the Snark SSM cruise missile; Mk-4 bomb derivative
Mk-5 Bomb 43.75 129 - 132 3,025 - 3,175 6, 16, 55, 60, 100, 120 kT Airburst or contact Entered operational stockpile 5/52;
last retired 1/63;
140 bombs (all mods) produced 92 lens high efficiency implosion bomb; used type D pit, composite cores; first weapon with major size/weight reduction over Fat Man; used as primary (1st stage) in the first thermonuclear devices; 4 mods; first weapon to use auto IFI
W-5 Warhead 39; 44 76 2,405 - 2,650; 2,600 (XW-5-X1) same as Mk-5 Airburst or surface Start of manufacture 4/54 (Regulus), 7/54 (Matador);
retired 7/61 - 1/63;
35 (Regulus), 65 (Matador) produced Warhead for the Matador (MGM-1) and Regulus 1 (SSM-N-8) SSM cruise missiles; application to the Rascal air-to-surface cancelled; first missile warhead; produced by modifying stockpile Mk-5 bombs
Mk-6 Bomb 61 128 7,600 - 8,500 8, 26, 80, 154, 160 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured from 7/51 to early 1955; 1100 bombs (all mods) produced; last retired 1962 Improved high-yield lightweight Mk-4; 7 mods; some Mk-4Ds were converted Mk-6 Mod 0; early mods had 32 lens implosion system, Mod 2 and later had 60 lens system
Mk-7 Bomb 30.5 183 1,645 - 1,700 8, 19, 22, 30, 31, 61 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 7/52 - 2/63; in service July 1952-1967; 1700 - 1800 produced Mk-7 "Thor"; multipurpose light weight tactical bomb; 92 lens implosion system; 6-7 yields; 10 mods, PAL A used on late mods
W-7 Warhead 30 - 30.5 54.8 - 56 900 - 1,100;
970 (W-7-X1 / X2);
983 (Betty) 90 T; 2 - 40 kT Airburst, surface, hydrostatic W-7 warhead manufacture begun 12/53;
BOAR: stockpiled 1956 - 1963, 225 produced;
Corporal: stockpiled 1955 - 1965, 300 produced;
Honest John: stockpiled 1954 - 1960, 300 produced;
ADM: stockpiled 1955-1963, 300 produced;
Betty: stockpiled 6/55 - 1960, 225 produced;
Nike Hercules: cancelled 1956 Multipurpose warhead - BOAR air-surface rocket, the Corporal (M-2) and Honest John (M-3) ballistic missiles, ADM, Betty Mk 90 ASW depth bomb, Nike Hercules SAM missile warhead (W-7-X1/X2); 7 yields, 4 mods; Corporal yield 2-40 kT (several options), ADM yield low (90 T?), Betty yield 32 kT
Mk-8 Bomb 14.5 116 - 132 3,230 - 3,280 25 - 30 kT Pyrotechnic delay Manufactured 11/51 - 5/53; in service 1/52 - 6/57; 40 produced (all mods) Earth penetrating weapon, gun-assembly HEU bomb, nicknamed "Elsie" (for LC - light case), 2 mods; replaced by the Mk-11
W-8 Warhead Cancelled May 1955 Gun-assembly warhead, intended for use as a cratering warhead for the Regulus missile
W-9 Artillery Shell 11.02 (280 mm) 54.8 803; 850 15 kT Mechanical time delay airburst Manufactured 4/52 - 11/53;
Retired 5/57; 80 produced Used in T-124, the first U.S. nuclear artillery shell; gun-assembly HEU weapon, modified TX-8; replaced 1-for-1 by W-19; only 20 280mm cannons were ever made
Mk-9 / T-4 Atomic Demolition Munition 120 - 200 Time delay Stockpiled 1957;
retired 1963 The T-4 was built from recycled W-9 warheads; gun-assembly HEU weapon; replaced by W-45
Mk-10 Bomb 12 1,750; 1,500 12 - 15 kT Airburst Cancelled May 1952 "Airburst Elsie", a reduced size/ weight derivative of the Mk-8; superseded by the Mk-12
Mk-11 Bomb 14 147 3,210 - 3,500 Pyrotechnic delay Manufactured 1/56 - 1957; in service 1/56 - 1960; 40 produced Improved Mk-8 gun-assembly weapon, replaced Mk-8 on 1-for-1 basis; stockpiled as the "Mk-91 penetration bomb"
Mk-12 Bomb 22 155 1,100 - 1,200 12, 14 kT Timer or contact Manufactured 12/54 - 2/57;
Retired 7/58 - 7/62; 250 produced High-speed fighter-bomber weapon; 92-point implosion weapon; nicknamed "Brok"; probably first weapon using beryllium tamper; 4 versions stockpiled - 2 prototypes, 2 mods
W-12 Warhead 22 900 Low kT Airburst Cancelled Nov 1955 Talos (Navy)/Talos-W (Army) surface-air missile warhead
MK-13 Bomb 61 128 7,400 32 kT (Upshot - Knothole Harry shot) Airburst or contact Cancelled Aug 1954 High-yield Mk-6 follow-on, 92-point implosion system; superseded by TN Mk-15/39
W-13 Warhead 58 100 6,000 - 6,500 Airburst or contact Cancelled 9/1954 Early warhead intended for Snark cruise missile, Redstone ICBM; superseded by TN Mk/W-15/39
TX / MK-14 Bomb 61.4 222 - 223.5 28,954 - 29,851; 31,000 5-7 MT; 6.9 MT (Castle Union shot) Airburst Stockpiled 2/54 - 10/54;
5 produced First deployed solid-fuel thermonuclear weapon; recycled into Mk-17 weapons by 9/56; used 95% enriched Li-6; 64 ft parachute
MK-15 Bomb 34.4 - 34.7; 35 136 - 140 7,600 1.69 MT (Castle Nectar), 3.8 MT (Redwing Cherokee) Airburst, contact (F/F or rtd), laydown Manufactured 4/55 - 2/57;
Retired 8/61 - 4/65; 1200 produced (all mods) First "lightweight" U.S. TN bomb; used HEU secondary casing; 3 mods; 1x3 ft and 1x12 ft ribbon parachutes
W-15 Warhead 34.5 6,400 - 6,560 Cancelled Feb 1957 Class "C" TN missile warhead derived from MK-15, cancelled in favor of very closely related W-39
TX-16 Bomb 61.4 296.7 39,000 - 42,000 6 - 8 MT Airburst Stockpiled 1/54 - 4/54;
5 produced First deployed thermonuclear weapon; weaponized version of Ivy Mike device; only cryogenic TN weapon ever deployed
EC-17 Bomb 61.4 224.9 39,600 11 MT (Castle Romeo shot) Airburst Stockpiled 4/54 - 10/54; 5 produced "Emergency Capability" weapon (deployed prototype); used natural lithium; free fall bomb
MK-17 Bomb 61.4 296.7 41,400 - 42,000 10 - 15 MT Airburst or contact (Mod 2 only) Manufactured 7/54 - 11/55;
Retired 11/56 - 8/57; 200 produced Similar to MK-24, different secondary; heaviest U.S. nuclear weapon, 2nd highest yield of any U.S. weapon (along with similar Mk-24); 3 mods; Mod 2 contact fused; 1x64 ft. parachute; replaced by the Mk-36
MK-18 Bomb 60 128 8,600 500 kT (Ivy King shot) Airburst or contact Manufactured 3/53 - 2/55;
Retired 1/56 - 3/56; 90 produced (all mods) Very high-yield MK-6/Mk-13 follow-on; largest pure fission bomb ever deployed; nicknamed the SOB ("Super Oralloy Bomb"); 92-point implosion system, all HEU core; 2 mods;
Retired by conversion to lower yield Mk-6 Mod 6; superseded by TN Mk-15 and Mk-28
W-19 Artillery Shell 11.02 (280 mm) 54 600 15 - 20 kT Mechanical time delay airburst Production began 7/55;
Retired 1963; 80 produced Used in T-315 atomic projectile; improved W-9; gun-assembly HEU weapon
Mk-20 Bomb 60 128 6,400 Cancelled Aug 1954 Improved high-yield MK-13; superseded by TN MK-15
Mk-21 Bomb 56.2; 58.5 149 - 150 15,000 - 17,700 4 - 5 MT Airburst, contact, laydown Manufactured 12/55 - 7/56;
Retired 6/57 - 1//57; 275 produced (all mods) Redesigned Shrimp TN device with 95% enriched Li-6 fuel; 3 mods, all "dirty"; "clean" version tested, never deployed; Mod 1 contact fused; Mod 2 also had w/boosted primary;
Retired by conversion to Mk-36-Y1 Mod 1
W-21 Warhead 52; 145 15,000 - 16,000 Cancelled For B-58, SM-64A 56 Navaho
Mk-22 Bomb 51 18,000 1 MT Cancelled April 1954 UCRL design based on the Morgenstern/Ramrod devices; cancelled following Morgenstern fizzle (Castle Koon)
W-23 Artillery Shell 16 64 1,500; 1,900 15 - 20 kT Mechanical time delay airburst Production began 10/56;
Retired 10/62;
50 produced US Navy "Katie" shell; W-19 (11 inch shell) internal components adapted to 16 inch shell body
EC 24 Bomb 61 225 39,600 13.5 MT (Castle Yankee shot) Airburst Stockpiled 4/54 - 10/54;
10 produced "Emergency Capability" weapon (deployed prototype); used enriched Li-6; free fall bomb
Mk-24 Bomb 61.4 296 41,400 - 42,000 10 - 15 MT Airburst Manufactured 7/54 - 11/55;
Retired 9/56 - 10/56;
105 produced Similar to MK-17, different secondary; heaviest U.S. nuclear weapon, 2nd highest yield of any U.S. weapon (along with similar Mk-17); 2 mods (Mod 2 with contact burst cancelled); 1x64 ft parachute; replaced by the Mk-36
W-25 Warhead 17.35 - 17.4 25.7 - 26.6 218 - 221 1.7 kT Time delay Manufactured 5/57 - 5/60;
Mod 0 retired 8/61 - 1965, all retired by 12/84;
3150 produced (all mods) MB-1 Genie AAM warhead; unboosted composite implosion warhead; first "sealed pit" weapon; 2 mods, Mod 1 had environmental sensing device safeties
Mk-26 Bomb 56.2 150 15,000 - 17,700 Cancelled 1956 Mk-21 sibling design
Mk-27 Bomb 30.2 125 - 142 3,150 - 3,300 Airburst or contact Manufactured 11/58 - 6/59;
Retired 11/62 - 7/65; 700 (all mods) produced Navy TN bomb; This UCRL design was a competitor with the LASL Mk-28 to satisfy the Class "D" light weight TN bomb requirement; 3 mods
W-27 Warhead 30.25 - 31 75 2,800 2 MT Airburst or contact Manufactured 9/58 - 6/59;
retired 8/62 - 7/65;
20 produced Regulus I (SSM-N-8) SSM cruise missile warhead; considered for several other systems all of which were were cancelled: the F-101 and B-58 bomb pods, and the Rascal, Regulus II, and Matador cruise missiles
Mk-28 Bomb 20; 22 96 - 170 1,700 - 2,320 Y1: 1.1 MT,
Y2: 350 kT,
Y3: 70 kT,
Y5: 1.45 MT FUFO: F/F or retarded, airburst or contact, laydown Manufactured 1/58 - 3/58, 8/58 - 5/66; retirement of early mods began 1961, last one retired 9/91; 4500 produced (all mods) Multipurpose TN tactical and strategic bomb; longest weapon design in U.S. (33 years); 2nd largest production run of any U.S. weapon design; Y4 was fission only; 20 mods and variants; PAL A (Y1), B (Y2), D (Y3, Y5); replaced by B-61 and B-83 bombs; 1-point safety problem with primary discovered after start of initial manufacture, halting production for 5 months
W-28 Warhead 20 60 1,500 - 1,725 70 kT - 1.45 MT Airburst or contact Manufactured 8/58 - 5/66, entered service (Hound Dog) 1959 and (Mace) 1960;
Hound Dog retired 1/64 - 1976, Mace retired 1970;
production - 900 (Hound Dog), 100 (Mace) Warhead for the Hound Dog (AGM-28) and Mace (MGM-13) cruise missiles; 5 mods; PAL A and B
W-29 Warhead 52; 35 145 3,500 Cancelled Aug 1955 Cancelled in favor of Mk-15
W-30 Warhead 22 48 438; 490; 450 300 T; 500 T (Talos and TADM); 4.7 kT; 19 kT Airburst, contact, time delay TADM: stockpiled 1961 - 1966, 300 produced;
Talos: manufactured 2/59 - 1/65, retired 1/62 - 3/79; 300 produced Multipurpose warhead: Talos SAM/SSM, XW-30-X1 TADM (Tactical Atomic Demolition Munition) warhead; Talos - 1 yield, 3 mods; TADM - 2 yields stockpiled
W-31 Warhead 28 - 29; 30 39 - 39.3 900 - 945 1, 2, 12, 20, 40 kT Airburst, timer, surface Honest John: manufactured 10/59 - 12/61, retired 7/67 - 1987, 1650 produced;
Nike Hercules: manufactured 10/58 - 12/61, retired 7/67 - 9/89, 2550 produced;
ADM: stockpiled 9/60 - 1965, 300 produced Multipurpose boosted fission warhead: Honest John SSM, Nike Hercules SAM, ADM (Atomic Demolition Munition);
Versions used: Honest John: W-31 Mod 0, 3; Nike-Hercules: W-31 Mod 0, 2; ADM: Mk-31 Mod 1;
4 yields stockpiled: 2 for Nike-Hercules, 3 for Honest John (2, 20, and 40 kT)
W-32 Artillery Shell 9.45 (240 mm) 400; 450 Cancelled May 1955
W-33 Artillery Shell 8 (203 mm) 37 240 - 243 5 - 10 kT, 40 kT (Y2) Mechanical time delay airburst Manufactured 1/57 - 1/65;
Retired 9/92; 2000 produced W-33 used in the T-317 atomic projectile; gun-assembly HEU weapon; used titanium to reduce weight and size; 4 yields (Y1 - Y4) using different internal HEU assemblies, high yield variant may be boosted; 2 mods
W-34 ASW warhead / Bomb 17 32 312; 320; 311 11 kT Hydrostatic, laydown, impact ASW: Manufactured 8/58 - 12/62;
retired 7/64 - 1971 (Lulu), 7/64 - 1976 (Astor);
2000 Lulu, 600 Astor produced;
Hotpoint: Manufactured 6/58 - 9/62;
Retired by 1965;
600 produced Multipurpose warhead for ASW (antisubmarine warfare) and tactical use; ASW: Mk-34 Lulu depth bomb, Mk-44 Astor torpedo; tactical: Mk-105 Hotpoint bomb, first parachute retarded laydown weapon; 2 mods; boosted fission implosion device identical to the Mk-28 primary
W-35 Warhead 20; 28 1,500 - 1,700 1.75 MT Cancelled Aug 1958 Early LASL TN ballistic missile warhead, intended for Atlas, Titan ICBMs, Thor, Jupiter IRBMs; competitor with UCRL W-38; cancelled in favor of W-49 (a modified Mk-28)
Mk-36 Bomb 56.2; 58; 59 150 17,500; 17,700 9 - 10 MT F/F or retarded airburst or contact Manufactured 4/56 - 6/58;
Retired 8/61 - 1/62; 940 produced (all mods) Two-stage TN strategic bomb; Y1 "dirty," Y2 "clean", each in two mods; parachutes 1x5 ft, 1x24 ft ribbon; all Mk-21s converted to Mk-36 in 1957;
Retired in favor of Mk-41; at retirement this weapon represented almost half of the megatonnage of the U.S. arsenal
W-37 Warhead 30 900; 940 Cancelled 9/1956 Intended to be a high-yield multipurpose companion to the W-31; XW-37 was redesignated XW-31Y2
W-38 Warhead 32 82.5 3,080 3.75 MT Airburst or contact Manufactured 5/61 - 1/63; retired 1/65 - 5/65; Production: 110 (Atlas), 70 (Titan) Warhead for Atlas E/F and Titan I ICBMs; used Avco Mk 4 RV; first UCRL designed TN ballistic missile warhead; competitor with LASL W-35/49
Mk-39 Bomb 35, 44 (tail section) 136 - 140 6,650 - 6,750 3-4 MT (2 yields, Y1 and Y2) Airburst, contact; mod w/low-level retarded laydown Manufactured 2/57 - 3/59;
Retired 1/62 to 11/66; 700 produced (all mods) Improved Mk-15, Mk-39 Mod 0 same as TX-15-X3; used gas-boosted primary to reduce weight; thermal batteries, improved safeties; 3 mods; parachutes: 1x6 ft, 1x28 ribbon, 1x100 ft
W-39 Warhead 34.5 - 35 105.7 6,230 - 6,400 3.8 MT (2 yields, Y1 and Y2) Redstone: stockpiled 7/58 - 1963, 60 produced;
Snark: manufactured 4/58 - 7/58, retired 8/62 - 9/65, 30 produced Warhead for Snark cruise missile, Redstone MRBM, B-58 weapon pod;
Versions: Redstone Mk-39Y1 Mod 1 and Mk-39Y2 Mod 1, Snark Mk-39Y1 Mod 1; W-39 identical to Mk-39 except for fuzing system
W-40 Warhead 17.9 31.64 350; 385 (Y1) 10 kT (Y1) Airburst or contact Bomarc: manufactured 9/59 - 5/62, retired by 11/72, 350 produced;
Lacrosse: manufactured 9/59 - 5/62, retired 10/63 - 1964, 400 produced Warhead for Bomarc SAM and Lacrosse SSM; boosted implosion system adapted from Mk-28 primary; initially deployed version (produced 6/59-8/59) not 1-point safe, Mod 2 retrofit required; 2 yields
Mk-41 Bomb 52 148 10,500 - 10,670 25 MT FUFU: F/F or retarded, airburst or contact, laydown Manufactured 9/60 - 6/62;
Retired 11/63 - 7/76; 500 produced Highest yield U.S. weapon ever deployed; only U.S. 3-stage TN weapon; Y1 "dirty," Y2 "clean"; parachutes 1x4 ft, 1x16.5 ft;
retired in favor of Mk-53
W-41 Warhead 50 9,300 Cancelled July 1957
W-42 Warhead 13 - 14 18.5 75 - 92 Proximity Cancelled June 1961 Intended for air-to-air (e.g. GAR-8), surface-to-air (e.g. Hawk) applications
Mk-43 Bomb 18 150 - 164 2,060 - 2,125 70 kT - 1 MT;
Y1: 1 MT,
Y5: 500 kT F/F or retarded, airburst or contact, laydown Manufactured 4/61 - 10/65;
retirement (early mods) began 12/72, last retired 4/91;
1000 produced (all mods) Laydown bomb for high-speed low-altitude delivery; 5 yields; Y4 is fission only; PAL B (mod 2); Parachutes: 1x4 ft, 1x23 ft ribbon; last version retired was MK-43Y2 Mod 2
W-44 ASW warhead 13.75 25.3 170 10 kT Hydrostatic Manufactured 5/61 - 3/68;
retired 6/74 - 9/89;
575 produced ASROC (RUR-5A) ASW warhead; plutonium implosion warhead, similar to primary for Mk-43
W-45 Warhead 11.5 27 150;
MADM: 350 500 T; 1, 5, 8, 10, 15 kT Airburst, surface, time delay, command Terrier: manufactured 4/62 - 6/66, retired 7/67 - 9/88, 750 produced;
MADM: manufactured 1/62 - 6/66, retired 7/67 - 1984, 350 produced;
Bullpup: manufactured 1/62 - 1963, retired 7/67 - 1978, 100 produced;
Little John: manufactured 9/61 - 6/66, retired 7/67 - 1970, 500 produced Multipurpose UCRL designed tactical warhead; small implosion design; Y1 (1 kT): Little John SSM, Terrier SAM, MADM (Medium ADM); Y2: Little John, MADM; Y3 (unboosted): GAM-83B Bullpup ASM, MADM; Y4 (boosted, 1 kT): Bullpup, Little John, Terrier, MADM
Mk-46 Bomb 37 6,400 MT range Cancelled Oct 1958 "Clean" and "dirty" versions tested during Hardtack I; was to have replaced Mk-39; development of improved design continued as Mk-53
W-46 Warhead 35-40 Cancelled April 1958 Warhead planned for Redstone, Snark, B-58 pod warhead; Redstone/W-46 cancelled in favor of Titan II/W-53
W-47 Warhead 18 46.6 Y1: 717 - 720;
Y2: 733 Y1: 600 kT;
Y2: 1.2 MT Airburst or contact EC-47 manufactured 4/60 - 6/60, retired 6/60, 300 produced;
W-47 manufactured 6/60 - 7/64, retired 7/61 - 11/74, 1060 produced (Y1 and Y2) - only 300 in service at a time Polaris SLBM TN warhead; breakthrough in compact, light high yield design; integral warhead/beryllium re-entry vehicle; 3 versions: EC-47, W-47Y1, W-47Y2; several severe reliability problems required repeated modification and remanufacture (in 1966 75% of the stockpiled Y2s were inoperable, correction took until 10/67)
W-48 Artillery Shell 6.1 (155 mm) 33.3 118 - 128 72 T Mechanical time delay or proximity airburst, or contact Manufactured 10/63 - 3/68; retirement (135 Mod 0s) 1/65 - 1969, all 925 Mod 1s retired 1992; 1060 produced (all mods) Small diameter linear implosion plutonium weapon, 2 mods
W-49 Warhead 20 54.3 - 57.9 1,640 - 1,680 1.44 MT Airburst or contact Manufactured 9/58 - 1964;
Thor retired 11/62 - 8/63 (a few to 4/75);
LASL developed ICBM/IRBM warhead; Used in Thor (Mod 0,1, 3), Atlas (Mod 0, 1), Titan, Jupiter (Mod 0, 1, 3, 5) warhead; 2 RVs used Mk-2 heat sink and Mk-3 ablative; 2 yields, 7 mods; Mk/W-28 adaptation with new arming/fuzing system; PAL A; successor to W-35
W-50 Warhead 15.4 44 409 - 410 Y1: 60 kT;
Y2: 200 kT;
Y3: 400 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 3/63 - 12/65;
retired 4/73 - 4/91;
280 produced TN warhead for Pershing SSM (Mod 1, 2), Nike Zeus SAM (cancelled 5/59); Mod 1 equipped with PAL A; 3 yields, 2 mods
W-51 Warhead 22 T Became XW-54 Jan 1959 Very small spherical implosion warhead, initial development by LRL, development transferred to LASL and design redesignated W-54
W-52 Warhead 24 56.7 950 200 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 5/62 - 4/66;
retired 3/74 - 8/78;
300 produced Sergeant SSM warhead; 2 yields, 3 mods; PAL A (Mod 2); warhead test in 1963 showed Mods 1 and 2 to be useless, Mod 3 was first to achieve rated yield
Mk-53 Bomb 50 148 - 150;
Y2 144 8,850 - 8,900 9 MT FUFO: F/F or retarded, airburst or contact, laydown Manufactured 8/62 - 6/65; retirement (early mods) began 7/67, last 50 retired from active service (but retained in permanent stockpile) early 1997; 350 produced, 50 still in stockpile Carried by B-47, B-52; B-58 used Mk-53BA (in BLU-2/B pod); 4 mods, Y1 "dirty" version, Y2 "clean" version; fissile material all HEU, no plutonium; parachutes: 1x4 ft, 1x16.5 ft ribbon, 3x48 ft ribbon; last 50 retired in favor of B-61 Mod 11; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
W-53 Warhead 37 103 6,200 9 MT Airburst or contact Titan II warhead
W-54 Warhead 10.75 15.7 50 - 51 250 T Contact or proximity Manufactured 4/61 - 2/65; retired 7/67 - 4/72; 1000 - 2000 produced GAR-11/AIM-26A Falcon AAM warhead; originally called "Wee Gnat"; adaptation of Mk-54
Mk-54 Warhead 10.75 17.6 50 - 55 10, 20 T Time delay Manufactured 4/61 - 2/65;
retired 7/67 - 1971;
400 produced Warhead for Davy Crockett M-388 recoilless rifle projectile; 2 yields; 2 mods; very light, compact spherical implosion plutonium warhead
Mk-54 SADM Atomic Demolition Munition (ADM) 16 24 150 (complete);
59 (W-54 only) Variable, 10 T - 1 kT Time delay Manufactured 8/64 - 6/66;
retired 1967 - 1989;
300 produced
SADM: M-129/M-159 SADM (Special Atomic Demolition Munition) used a Mk-54 warhead package very similar to Davy Crockett; 2 mods; mechanical combination lock PAL
W-55 ASW 13 39.4 470 Mid Kiloton Range Hydrostatic Manufactured 1/64 - 3/68, 3/70 - 4/74;
retired 6/83 - 9/90;
285 produced SUBROC (UUM-44A) ASW missile thermonuclear warhead; based on the 202 kT Hardtack I Olive device
W-56 Warhead 17.4 47.3 600; 680 1.2 MT Airburst or surface Manufactured 3/63 - 5/69;
retired 9/66 (early mods), Mod-4 retired 1991-93;
1000 produced (all mods), 455 Mod-4s produced Minuteman I and II warhead, based on UCRL W-47, competitor with the W-59 for Minuteman; 4 mods, retrofit of early mods required to fix reliability problem, blast and radiation hardening added later
Mk-57 Bomb 14.75 118 490 - 510 5 - 20 kT Retarded airburst, retarded laydown, F/F contact, hydrostatic Manufactured 1/63 - 5/67; retirement (early mods) started 6/75, last retired 6/93; 3,100 produced Light weight multipurpose tactical strike/depth bomb; boosted implosion fission weapon; modular design, 6 mods; PAL B; 1x12.5 ft ribbon parachute;
Retired in favor of B-61
W-58 Warhead 15.6 40.3 257 200 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 3/64 - 6/67; retired 9/68-4/82; 1400 produced Polaris A-3 warhead, each A-3 carried three multiple re-entry vehicles (MRVs), first MRV warhead in service
W-59 Warhead 16.3 47.8 550 - 553 1 MT Airburst or contact Manufactured 6/62 - 7/63;
retired 12/64 - 6/69;
150 produced Warhead for Minuteman I/Mk 5 RV and the cancelled Skybolt; version of LASL "J-21" design;
W-60 Warhead 13 20 115 - 150 Very low Proximity Cancelled Dec 1963 Typhon SAM warhead
MK/B 61 Bomb 13.3 141.64 695 - 716 Variable (4 yields), 0.3 - 340 kT;
Mod 3: 0.3 - 170 kT;
Mod 4: 0.3 - 45 kT;
Mod 7/11: 10 - 340 kT;
Mod 10: 0.3 - 80 kT FUFO: retarded and F/F, contact or airburst, laydown Manufactured 10/66 - early 90s; early mods retired 70s - 80s; 3150 produced, 1350 in service Multipurpose tactical/strategic bomb; basic design adapted to many other weapon systems; 4 yields; 11 mods, 5 in service; PAL B, D, F; uses IHE in primary; parachute: 1x17 ft or 1x24 ft ribbon; longest production run of any U.S. nuclear weapon, oldest design in service; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
W-62 Warhead RV Body: 21 in;
Warhead: 19.7 in RV Body: 72 in;
Warhead: 39.3 in Warhead/RV: 700-800 lb;
Warhead: 253 lb 170 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 3/70 - 6/76;
early mods retired starting 4/80;
1725 produced, 610 in active service; Minuteman III/Mk-12 RV warhead; remaining W-62s part of U.S. "enduring stockpile", but will be removed from active service under START II (to be replaced by W-88s)
W-63 Warhead Cancelled Nov 1966 LRL design for Lance SSM warhead; ER ("neutron bomb") design; (cancelled in favor of W-70
W-64 Warhead Cancelled Sep 1964 LASL design for Lance SSM warhead; ER ("neutron bomb") design; cancelled in favor of W-63
W-65 Warhead MT range Cancelled Jan 1968 Sprint ABM warhead, cancelled in favor of W-66
W-66 Warhead 18 35 150 kT range Manufactured 6/74 - 3/75;
retired from service 8/75, ret. from stockpile 1985;
70 produced Sprint ABM warhead, ER ("neutron bomb") warhead
W-67 Warhead 150 kT Cancelled Dec 1967 LRL ICBM/SLBM multiple warhead, intended for Poseidon and Minuteman-III
W-68 Warhead 367 40 - 50 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 6/70 - 6/75; retired 9/77 - 1991; 5250 produced Poseidon Mk-3 RV warhead, each missile carried 10 RVs; aging problems with explosive required complete rebuilding of stockpile 11/78-83 (3200 rebuilt, others retired); largest production run of any U.S. warhead
W-69 Warhead 15 30 275 170 - 200 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 10/71 - 8/76;
retired 10/91 - 9/94;
1500 produced SRAM (short range attack missile, AGM 69A) air-surface missile warhead; derived from Mk-61; initially removed from active service 6/90 due to fire safety concerns
W-70 Warhead 18 41 270 Mods 0,1, 2: variable from 1-100 kT;
Mod 3: 1 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 6/73 - 7/77 (Mods 0-2), 8/81 - 2/83 (Mod 3);
retired 7/79 - 9/92;
Mods 0-2: 900 produced, Mod 3: 380 built Lance SSM warhead; LRL successor to W-63 design; 4 mods; Mods 0, 1, 2: TN warhead with 3 yield settings (1-100 kT), Mod 1 had improved selection of yields; Mod 3: enhanced radiation ("neutron bomb") version, 2 yield options (slightly less than 1 kT, and slightly more than 1 kT), both 60% fusion and 40% fission; PAL D
W-71 Warhead 42 101 2,850 5 MT Airburst (command & delay timer) Manufactured 7/74 - 7/75;
retired from service 1975, ret. from stockpile 9/92;
30 produced Spartan ABM warhead, used thermal x-rays for exoatmospheric RV kill
W-72 Warhead 15 79 825 ca. 600 T Contact Manufactured 8/70 - 4/72;
retired 7/79 - 9/79;
300 produced Walleye (AGM-62) guided glide bomb warhead; W-72 was a modified W-54, salvaged from retired AIM-26A Falcon AAM; yield was significantly enhanced over Falcon version
W-73 Warhead <17 Cancelled 9/1970 Condor ASM warhead; derived from Mk-61; cancelled in favor of a conventional HE warhead
W-74 Artillery Shell 6.1 (155 mm) 2 yields (both >100 T) Cancelled June 1973 Linear implosion pure fission plutonium warhead; intended to replace W-48
W-75 Artillery Shell 8 (203 mm) >100 T Cancelled 1973 "Big brother" of W-74, similar design
W-76 Warhead 363 100 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 6/78 - 7/87;
active service;
approx. 3000 produced Trident I and Trident II Mk-4 RV TN warhead, missiles can carry 8-14 RVs; developed by LANL; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
B-77 Bomb 18 144 2,400 Variable, kT to MT range FUFO Cancelled Dec 1977 High yield strategic TN bomb, intended to replace Mk-28 and Mk-43; PAL D; costly, heavy delivery system lead to cancellation, warhead design continued with B-83
W-78 Warhead 21.25 67.7 400 - 600 335 - 350 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 8/79 - 10/82;
active service;
1083 produced, 920 in service Minuteman III/Mk-12A RV warhead; LANL design derived from W-50 with a new lighter primary; part of U.S. "enduring stockpile", but will be removed from active service under START II (to be replaced by W-88s)
W-79 Artillery Shell 8 44 200 Variable - 100 T to 1.1 kT (Mod 0), 0.8 kT (Mod 1) Proximity airburst or contact Manufactured 7/81 - 8/86; ER version retirement started mid-80s, all retired 9/92; 550 (325 ER, 225 fission) produced Plutonium linear implosion weapon, used in XM-753 atomic projectile (AFAP); Mod 0: dual capable - pure fission or enhanced radiation (ER of "neutron bomb"), 3 yield options; Mod 1: fission only; PAL D
W-80-0 Warhead 11.8 31.4 290 Variable: 5 kT and 170-200 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 12/83 - 9/90;
active service;
367 produced SLCM warhead; uses supergrade plutonium; PAL D; LANL design derived from Mk/B-61 warhead; now stored ashore; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
W-80-1 Warhead 11.8 31.4 290 Variable: 5 kT and 150-170 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 1/81 - 9/90;
active service;
1750 produced, 1400 in service Warhead for ALCM (1000 in service), ACM (400 in service); PAL D; LANL design derived from Mk/B-61 warhead; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
W-81 Warhead <13.5 2 - 4 kT Cancelled 1986 USN Standard SM-2 SAM warhead; PAL F; variant of Mk/B-61 warhead, enhanced radiation version initially planned, later converted to fission only
W-82 Artillery Shell 6.1 (155 mm) 34 95 <2 kT Airburst W-82-0 cancelled in Oct 1983; W-82-1 cancelled in 9/1990
155 mm companion to the the W-79, for use in XM-785 atomic projectile (AFAP); original Mod 0: dual capable - pure fission or enhanced radiation; Mod 1: fission only; PAL D
B-83 Bomb 18 145 2,400 Variable, low kT to 1.2 MT FUFO: F/F or retarded, airburst or contact, laydown Manufactured 6/83 - 1991;
active service;
650 produced Current high-yield strategic TN bomb; PAL D; uses IHE, fire resisitant pit; parachutes: 3x4 ft, 1x46 ft; 1x5 ft, 1x46 ft
W-83 Warhead 1,700 - 1,900 PAL D
W-84 Warhead 13 34 388 Variable: 0.2 - 150 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 9/83 - 1/88;
inactive stockpile;
300-350 produced GLCM warhead, missile scrapped under INF Treaty; LLNL design derived from LANL Mk/B-61 Mod 3/4 warhead; uses IHE, PAL F; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
W-85;
alternate image Warhead 12.5 42 880 Variable: 5 - 80 kT Airburst or contact Manufactured 2/83 - 7/86;
retired 1988 - 3/91;
120 produced Pershing II SSM warhead; derived from LANL Mk/B-61 Mod 3/4 warhead; uses IHE, PAL F; upon retirement the W-85 was recycled into B-61 Mod 10 bombs
W-86 Warhead Delayed Cancelled 9/1980 Earth penetrating warhead for the Pershing II SSM, cancelled due to change in mission from hard to soft targets
W-87 Warhead 21.8 68.9 500 - 600; 440 300 kT;
upgradeable to 475 kT Timer or proximity airburst, contact Manufactured 7/86 - 12/88;
active service;
525 produced Peacekeeper (MX) ICBM/Mk-21 RV TN warhead (missile carries 10); RV/warhead weighs 800 lb; LLNL design; primary uses IHE and fire resistant pit; yield upgradeable by adding HEU rings to secondary; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"; after MX retirement, will equip Minuteman III
W-88 Warhead 21.8 68.9 <800 475 kT Timer (w/path length correction) and proximity airburst; contact Manufactured 9/88 - 11/89; active service;
400 produced Trident II Mk-5 RV warhead; does not use IHE; uses HEU jacket with secondary stage; production terminated by FBI raid on Rocky Flats; part of the U.S. "enduring stockpile"
W-89 Warhead 13.3 40.8 324 200 kT Airburst or contact Cancelled 9/1991 SRAM (short range attack missile) II warhead; LLNL design; safety features: PAL D, IHE, FRP; also considered for Sea Lance ASW missile
B 90 Bomb 13.3 118 780 200 kT retarded airburst, retarded contact, F/F airburst, F/F contact, hydrostatic Cancelled 1991 USN nuclear strike/depth bomb; intended to replace Mk-57; PAL D; 1x26 ft parachute
W-91 Warhead 310 10, 100 kT Cancelled 9/1991 SRAM-T (short range attack missile - tactical) warhead; SRAM-T was a SRAM II derivative for the F-15E Eagle fighter/bomber; LASL TN design orignally called "New Mexico 1"; safety features: FRP, IHE; 2 yields
W-92 Warhead Cancelled 1990 Sealance (proposed). Never entered Phase 3 (Development Engineering).
RNEP Bomb Sub-kT to MT Study start 4/2002; FY2005/FY2006 funding denied, no further request. Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator (proposed). Modifications of B-83 and B-61 bombs considered. Never entered Phase 2A (Design Definition and Cost Study). No formal military requirement prepared.
RRW-1 Warhead Cancelled RRW-1 Reliable Replacement Warhead-SLBM (proposed). Never entered Phase 2A (Design Definition and Cost Study).
RRW-2 Bomb Cancelled RRW-2 Reliable Replacement Warhead-Bomb (proposed). Never entered Phase 2A (Design Definition and Cost Study).
W-93 Warhead Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Similar or the same as for the W-88 Phase 2A design start 2/2020. Projected availability 2030. SLBM warhead; based on currently tested designs and components already in the stockpile, but enhanced safety.
Abbreviations:
AAM Air-to-Air Missile
ABM Anti-Ballistic Missile
ACM Advanced Cruise Missile
ADM Atomic Demolition Munition
AFAP Artillery Fired Atomic Projectile
ALCM Air Launched Cruise Missile
ASM Air-Surface Missile
ASW Anti-Submarine Warfare
ER Enhanced Radiation ("neutron bomb")
EC Emergency Capability
F/F Freefall
FRP Fire Resistant Pit
FUFO Full-fuzing Options
HEU Highly Enriched Uranium
ICBM Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
IFI In-Flight Insertion
IHE Insensitive High Explosive
IRBM Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missile
kT Kilotons
LANL Los Alamos National Laboratory (nee LASL)
LASL Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
LLNL Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (nee LRL)
LRL Lawrence Radiation Laboratory (nee UCRL)
MK Mark
MRBM Medium-Range Ballistic Missile
MT megatons
PAL Permissive Action Link
Pu Plutonium
RV Re-entry Vehicle
SAM Surface-to-Air Missile
Rtd Parachute-retarded
SLBM Sea-Launched Cruise Missile
SSM Surface-to-Surface Missile
T tons
TN Thermonuclear
UCRL University of California Radiation Laboratory
USN US Navy

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

MOAB, the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used by the US military, explained
By Zack Beauchamp@[email protected] Updated Apr 14, 2017, 10:59am EDT
Share this story
Share this on Facebook (opens in new window)
Share this on Twitter (opens in new window)
All sharing options

A MOAB being used during testing in 2003. (USAF/Getty Images)
The US military has just dropped a big bomb in Afghanistan.

The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast, also called the “mother of all bombs” or MOAB for short, is the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used by the US military on the battlefield. The 11-ton weapon was first tested in 2003 but had never been used in combat prior to Thursday — when a US MC-130 aircraft dropped one on what it claims was a network of ISIS tunnels. 36 ISIS fighters were killed, according to the Afghan government, and the US military has not found any evidence of civilian casualties.

The obvious question, following such a high-profile show of strength, is what this means. Does this mean ISIS is a bigger threat in Afghanistan than we previously thought? Is this President Trump just following through on his campaign promise to “bomb the $#!% out of ISIS”? Is the Trump administration trying to send a signal to countries like North Korea and Iran that it means business?

According to experts on weapons and foreign policy, it seems this was a military decision, not a political one, based on the realities on the ground in Afghanistan right now. There’s no reason to assume this was something out of the ordinary, even though the bomb was bigger than ones typically used by the US military.

For one thing, a general, not the president, appears to have made the call to use the bomb — Gen. John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, specifically. For another, the nature of ISIS’s presence in Afghanistan means that it actually kind of does make sense to use this bomb. Finally, Trump himself suggested it was not intended to send any kind of message.

The MOAB is not only powerful but also extremely large in a physical sense. It’s so big that it can’t be delivered by a normal bomber; you need to put it in a cargo plane like the MC-130 in order to get it to a target. Cargo planes are easier to hit with anti-aircraft missiles than bombers, which means the MOAB is inherently somewhat riskier to use than smaller bombs.

The MOAB is designed to destroy a lot of targets on the surface — unlike the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), the only US conventional bomb that’s larger than the MOAB (and one that has yet to be used in combat). The MOP is designed to destroy hardened tunnels and bunkers, whereas the MOAB is designed to destroy buildings and things just below the surface, like caves.

“The blast radius goes up to a mile,” Farley explains. “That does not mean everything within a mile dies — it means that everything within a mile has a potential to be affected. Structures that are a mile off, or three-quarters of a mile off, may not be destroyed based on how strong they are.”

These two facts of the MOAB — that it’s delivered by a cargo plane and that it destroys stuff on the surface — explain why it’s not used very commonly by the US military. Since the weapon was made ready for use in 2003, the US has fought a lot of missions in densely populated urban areas and/or specifically targeting smaller enemy troop deployments.

5 of the most powerful non-nuclear explosives ever

Laura Finney, The Conversation Feb 17, 2017, 9:32 PM

TNT
One of the most commonly known explosive chemicals is trinitrotoluene, or TNT, which has featured extensively in video games and films. It is often mistaken as dynamite, perhaps fueled by examples of confusion in popular culture, such as AC/DC’s song TNT with lyrics such as “I’m TNT. I’m dynamite”.

TNT
One of the most commonly known explosive chemicals is trinitrotoluene, or TNT, which has featured extensively in video games and films. It is often mistaken as dynamite, perhaps fueled by examples of confusion in popular culture, such as AC/DC’s song TNT with lyrics such as “I’m TNT. I’m dynamite”.

TATP is also known as the “mother of Satan” and with good reason – its explosions are known to be about 80% as strong as TNT, but the substance is much harder to handle. A firm shock or knock is enough to trigger an explosion, which means it’s quite easy to accidentally blow yourself up in the process of making it – and good reason to evacuate your chemistry department if it is accidentally made.

this stuff is mostly made in Utah and poured into the rocket boosters.

RDX
RDX is a “nitrogen explosive”, meaning that its explosive properties are due to the presence of many nitrogen-nitrogen bonds, rather than oxygen. These bonds are extremely unstable, since nitrogen atoms always want to come together to produce nitrogen gas because the triple bond in nitrogen gas. And the more nitrogen-nitrogen bonds a molecules has, like RDX, typically the more explosive it is.

PETN
One of the most powerful explosive chemicals known to us is PETN, which contains nitro groups which are similar to that in TNT and the nitroglycerin in dynamite. But the presence of more of these nitro groups means it explodes with more power. However, despite its powerful explosions, it’s quite difficult to get this chemical to detonate alone, and so it is usually used in combination with TNT or RDX.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

TheDuke wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:31 pm Just curious if this is intended to be some trolling exercise to keep us all away from reality?

ok. I gave a call to someone that I thought might know.

I used to refrain from saying who my contact was at area 51, but after talking with him tonight, I get the feeling that it doesn't matter anymore. It is a bit unnerving talking to him when all calls to his phone are monitored.

My brother worked at groom lake from 1983-2021. First it was E.G.&G, then E.G.&G special projects, then JT3 Ratheon then just JT4. He is an engineer. He's never told me anything that he did there but if it is not relative to his job, then he has shared tidbits.

I just got off the phone with him:
readers digest version on proof of nukes:

He has never seen one go off.

During his work, he met and talked with, at long length, 8-10 men that were eyewitnesses to the nuke tests. Most of them developed the testing instruments to measure the properties of nuclear blasts.

One was a cable that was pulsed with a signal. The pulse reading, coming back from the end could be measured which revealed the total distance of the cable. The cable was run miles toward ground zero. During the blast, the cable would disintegrate as the blast radius expanded and the rate and distance could be measured.

He said that one of the most interesting phenomenons of nuclear detonation is what he termed "chaotic lines of force" which were created just prior to the plasma ball that forms. These lines of force were like lightening bolts and were unpredictable in movement and destructive power. I didn't ask him if they were visible or not. Now thinking about it, I don't think they are.

All of these were eye witnesses of multiple blasts at the test site in NV.

So, either all of these guys ,during casual conversation over many years, felt the need to create a false narrative for my brother so he would in turn tell me so I could also be a propagator of propaganda or ... they simply were telling it like it is.

I know my brother isn't lying. Was he lied to by all these men with detailed accounts of engineering, instrumentation, and phenomena witnessed?

I guess they just felt the need to go on and on with lies upon lies instead of just saying, "I wasn't there". Yah, that makes perfect sense.

yah, second hand, I know. As you were.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

FrankOne wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:28 pm All of these were eye witnesses of multiple blasts at the test site in NV.
How exactly does witnessing an explosion make one an eyewitness of what was exploded?

The only witnesses to what was actually exploded are dead!

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

TheDuke wrote: October 19th, 2022, 5:39 pm BTW I have seen live nukes
Anyone who watches movies has seen what you have seen. Have you been up close and personal when one went off? Until then, you're just another person who believes what he sees and is told.

If it was all just propaganda, do you think we lack the ability or funding to create functional props?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

SmallFarm wrote: October 4th, 2022, 2:50 pm Lots of fallout and the resulting sick people from the nuke tests in Nevada. My grandpa died of cancer and was a downwinder.
That's a bit of a non-sequitur if you ask me. We don't even know what causes cancer and there seem to be plenty of ways of getting it and there also seems to evidence that the government has cancer causing technology.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

FrankOne wrote: October 5th, 2022, 7:33 pm My geiger counter would go off on it.
Galen Winsor, BYU grad by the way, was the Nuclear Physicist who worked with reactors his entire career. He was well known for sounding the whistle that all this radiation poisoning was nonsense. He would go around doing lectures and he would bring his geiger counter and hold it over uranium (I think it was) and he would show the counter spike and then he would eat the uranium. You can watch him do it if you are inclined to look up the YouTube videos.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Shawn Henry wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:01 am
FrankOne wrote: October 5th, 2022, 7:33 pm My geiger counter would go off on it.
Galen Winsor, BYU grad by the way, was the Nuclear Physicist who worked with reactors his entire career. He was well known for sounding the whistle that all this radiation poisoning was nonsense. He would go around doing lectures and he would bring his geiger counter and hold it over uranium (I think it was) and he would show the counter spike and then he would eat the uranium. You can watch him do it if you are inclined to look up the YouTube videos.
I had my doubts so I looked for myself, lol

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

FrankOne wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:28 pm

ok. I gave a call to someone that I thought might know.

I used to refrain from saying who my contact was at area 51, but after talking with him tonight, I get the feeling that it doesn't matter anymore. It is a bit unnerving talking to him when all calls to his phone are monitored.

My brother worked at groom lake from 1983-2021. First it was E.G.&G, then E.G.&G special projects, then JT3 Ratheon then just JT4. He is an engineer. He's never told me anything that he did there but if it is not relative to his job, then he has shared tidbits.

I just got off the phone with him:
readers digest version on proof of nukes:

He has never seen one go off.

During his work, he met and talked with, at long length, 8-10 men that were eyewitnesses to the nuke tests. Most of them developed the testing instruments to measure the properties of nuclear blasts.

One was a cable that was pulsed with a signal. The pulse reading, coming back from the end could be measured which revealed the total distance of the cable. The cable was run miles toward ground zero. During the blast, the cable would disintegrate as the blast radius expanded and the rate and distance could be measured.

He said that one of the most interesting phenomenons of nuclear detonation is what he termed "chaotic lines of force" which were created just prior to the plasma ball that forms. These lines of force were like lightening bolts and were unpredictable in movement and destructive power. I didn't ask him if they were visible or not. Now thinking about it, I don't think they are.

All of these were eye witnesses of multiple blasts at the test site in NV.

So, either all of these guys ,during casual conversation over many years, felt the need to create a false narrative for my brother so he would in turn tell me so I could also be a propagator of propaganda or ... they simply were telling it like it is.

I know my brother isn't lying. Was he lied to by all these men with detailed accounts of engineering, instrumentation, and phenomena witnessed?

I guess they just felt the need to go on and on with lies upon lies instead of just saying, "I wasn't there". Yah, that makes perfect sense.

yah, second hand, I know. As you were.
it is more like . . . the ignitor is nuclear and the case is filled with C4 which causes the blast have a larger range of destruction.

the minute man which are the most recent, 80s and present time, are full of the largest amount of TNT possible. When mixing the C4 or the TNT the friction can cause an explosion so care has to be taken. The problem with truth is that only a security or top secret security clearance allows one to know the complete package. I had the clearance for 3 years in Utah as I did the NDT testing on bombs and space shuttle boosters.

So then the technology is reported to the general public and other factory workers as NASA wants to report.

so again, the nuclear fission or fusion is used to ignite the warhead, which is attached to the missile. I used to make sure the complete missle had eveything in the right place by use of xray. I and my crew employed other inspections at different points using other equipment.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

there is an amount of poisoning and I suppose that his eating is false. what a clown.

One of the inspection techniques that I and my crew employed used uranium. The uranium pill was kept in a large lead container that blocked the radiation and the pill was cranked out into the missle. The missle was xrayed in la large bay with a closed door and the pill was extracted back into the container when done. then we opened the door and went into the bay.

I tell this because many men had a lifetime career using various forms of radiation. And I want you to see that we went into the bay right after the radiation was scattered all over it. so radiation does dissipate even in a closed space. doesn't remain long but after years of exposure one could collect enough to cause health problems.

also we xrayed some mice for fun and found that they turned into a hard jerky like figure . . definitely dead. So direct radiation of a large quantity for a body can cause some real harm. However, I think the stories of the Abomb are probably changes its chemical makeup and may cause problems but dissipated in hiroshima and nagasaki.

I don't know enough about the change in chemistry when a bomb is actually used. but because containers for nuclear power waste are used, then it is possible that waste can occur in a different chemical form after being used or burned and can be harmful. this makes one conclude that the radiation produced by electricity and uranium can be fairly harmless but when burned or mixed with propellant can be toxic.

otherwise some of this is just another money laudering scheme to get tax subsidies to store nuclear waste. hmmmmmmm

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »