Neal A. Maxwell - CIA Agent

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Neal A. Maxwell - CIA Agent

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

A quote from Neal Maxwell recently popped up in my social feed this morning and I remembered something about him being a CIA peep in his younger years. Here's a "conspiracy theory" look at Maxwell's background w/ the CIA.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/ ... lamaxwell/

A short snippet from the article:
—————
9. Maxwell worked for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in his younger years. I confirmed this with his son Cory, who currently works for Deseret Book. I met Cory at a Mormon Writers workshop and asked him there. He said his father didn't discuss this much. I could not confirm the years or dates that Maxwell worked for the CIA, or his job description there.

I have been unsuccessful in learning more about Maxwell's CIA stint by Internet Searches or hard copy records at public libraries. Maybe some exmo with access to records in Washington D.C. could shed some light on Maxwell?

Here are the fuzzy fringe details and questions:

1. Is there a connection between his staffing at Wallace Bennett's office and his assignment with the CIA? Or was he a CIA employee prior to the Bennett assignment.

2. Was Maxwell involved in the infamous MK-Ultra Project?

3. Is there any truth to this email just received at the Lampoon or is this just from another "conspiracy theory whacko? - from stopbarrick@yahoo.com"

Ex CIA Agent Neal A. Maxwell was assigned to bring in the MK-Ultra Project into Utah in 1953-54. After his successful role in this matter, he moved back to Washington DC and worked for Senator Bennett.

Neal A. Maxwell everybody to know how smart he is with his "language gift" of speech. You should see how fraustrated he gets when they don't put the right pictures with his "talks".

Mind Control is the gift given to Apostle Maxwell. Too bad he only controls himself with this PR Obsession. http://www.mormon.citymax.com

4. Why is Maxwell's stint with the CIA deleted from his official Church Bio? http://www.lds.org/newsroom/biography/0 ... 42,00.html

5. Serving in the infantry in WWII is honorable but serving in the CIA is not? Depending on his job description at the CIA...?

6. If Maxwell learned mind control techniques at the CIA, has he used those skills in LDS Church work? For example: The spying on of students during the Ernest Wilkinson period at BYU. The aversion therapy and mind control methods gay BYU students endured during this same period.

7. If the Glory of God is Intelligence why is a whole chapter in his official biography devoted to his nurturing of FARMS at BYU?

8. Does anyone really give a damn about all of this?

Enquiring minds want to know.
—————

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: Neal A. Maxwell - CIA Agent

Post by tribrac »

He died 18 years ago...feels much longer.

I enjoy his talks, the BYU speeches more than his conference addresses...the extra 18- 25 minutes gave him time to develop complex teachings.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

tribrac wrote: October 4th, 2022, 10:48 am He died 18 years ago...feels much longer.

I enjoy his talks, the BYU speeches more than his conference addresses...the extra 18- 25 minutes gave him time to develop complex teachings.
He was quite the wordsmith, I'll give him that. But this quote from him is just wrong.
Attachments
Maxwell-gospel-deception.jpg
Maxwell-gospel-deception.jpg (44.28 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

Ferrisbueller
captain of 100

Post by Ferrisbueller »

I am not ashamed of the prophets of God. Who are the prophets?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Ferrisbueller wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 4:20 pm I am not ashamed of the prophets of God. Who are the prophets?
I’m interested in what you think that term means.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

My understanding from earlier readings of Maxwell's bio that were available, was that he was a CIA analyst, not an agent, per se. And the time frame was something like late '50s to perhaps early '60s.

This was of interest to me, because of my experience of almost being picked up as an analyst by them in the late '80s: interviewed twice in DC, vetted over a period of time, then denied about 3 months later. A new director was installed during this interim, and most likely, they picked up on my fathers tax protestation activity, which had even gone to court; i.e., apple falls close to the tree . . . . . and they would have been right.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

In the Apostle or Aristocrat thread I posted documents from the CIA showing an acknowledged period of employment with them.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

I'm sure there are plenty of good people who work for the CIA. A good friend of mine from college and her husband work for the CIA in Brazil, from what I understand. Although, after the events of recent weeks I wonder about what they are really doing there. An old gentleman in a previous ward had been an operative in a Middle Eastern country and he was still getting his annual security interview almost 60 years later in his mid nineties. Now I wonder what he was doing when he left the agency and started working for the phone company.

However, I think that official secrecy has been the death of this country. It has allowed evil to take over this country. Compartmentalization allows evil people to use normal and even good people to bad ends, and those people who are used are almost always none the wiser to what they were actually doing.

I trusted Neal A. Maxwell completely as a younger man. But since he was a CIA asset as a general authority (It's a well known fact that you never really leave the agency, like my 93 year-old friend) I probably shouldn't have.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:20 am A quote from Neal Maxwell recently popped up in my social feed this morning and I remembered something about him being a CIA peep in his younger years. Here's a "conspiracy theory" look at Maxwell's background w/ the CIA.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/ ... lamaxwell/

A short snippet from the article:
—————
9. Maxwell worked for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in his younger years. I confirmed this with his son Cory, who currently works for Deseret Book. I met Cory at a Mormon Writers workshop and asked him there. He said his father didn't discuss this much. I could not confirm the years or dates that Maxwell worked for the CIA, or his job description there.

I have been unsuccessful in learning more about Maxwell's CIA stint by Internet Searches or hard copy records at public libraries. Maybe some exmo with access to records in Washington D.C. could shed some light on Maxwell?

Here are the fuzzy fringe details and questions:

1. Is there a connection between his staffing at Wallace Bennett's office and his assignment with the CIA? Or was he a CIA employee prior to the Bennett assignment.

2. Was Maxwell involved in the infamous MK-Ultra Project?

3. Is there any truth to this email just received at the Lampoon or is this just from another "conspiracy theory whacko? - from stopbarrick@yahoo.com"

Ex CIA Agent Neal A. Maxwell was assigned to bring in the MK-Ultra Project into Utah in 1953-54. After his successful role in this matter, he moved back to Washington DC and worked for Senator Bennett.

Neal A. Maxwell everybody to know how smart he is with his "language gift" of speech. You should see how fraustrated he gets when they don't put the right pictures with his "talks".

Mind Control is the gift given to Apostle Maxwell. Too bad he only controls himself with this PR Obsession. http://www.mormon.citymax.com

4. Why is Maxwell's stint with the CIA deleted from his official Church Bio? http://www.lds.org/newsroom/biography/0 ... 42,00.html

5. Serving in the infantry in WWII is honorable but serving in the CIA is not? Depending on his job description at the CIA...?

6. If Maxwell learned mind control techniques at the CIA, has he used those skills in LDS Church work? For example: The spying on of students during the Ernest Wilkinson period at BYU. The aversion therapy and mind control methods gay BYU students endured during this same period.

7. If the Glory of God is Intelligence why is a whole chapter in his official biography devoted to his nurturing of FARMS at BYU?

8. Does anyone really give a damn about all of this?

Enquiring minds want to know.
—————
Anybody attached to the Bennett family in any way should be treated with extreme prejudice. They’re multi generational Skull and Bones, Alfalfa Club, Cosmos Club, etc.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

If anyone else here has spent any time in the spook field (I worked at Ft. Meade for 2 years) you would know that 99+% of the jobs are tech and admin. That is collecting surveillance data the processing it and assessing or analyzing the results. Few, if any get in the field. While it makes sense in one way to ask such questions, it is like asking if one of your friends who is a teacher was the one shot in Texas.

BTW, he is one of the very few apostles that I was able to meet with (just before his call when he was GA 70 (back when it was apostles and their assistants and 7 presidents of 70)). He was a very nice person. I spent some time with him at one point in London in his PJ's or PJ pants and garment top (one piecers back then) and slippers. Very genuine and kind man, he showed his care by coming to see me for an issue at 5 am with no notice when Bernard P. Brockbank was away for a coupled of days in US.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Atrasado wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:51 pm I'm sure there are plenty of good people who work for the CIA. A good friend of mine from college and her husband work for the CIA in Brazil, from what I understand. Although, after the events of recent weeks I wonder about what they are really doing there. An old gentleman in a previous ward had been an operative in a Middle Eastern country and he was still getting his annual security interview almost 60 years later in his mid nineties. Now I wonder what he was doing when he left the agency and started working for the phone company.

However, I think that official secrecy has been the death of this country. It has allowed evil to take over this country. Compartmentalization allows evil people to use normal and even good people to bad ends, and those people who are used are almost always none the wiser to what they were actually doing.

I trusted Neal A. Maxwell completely as a younger man. But since he was a CIA asset as a general authority (It's a well known fact that you never really leave the agency, like my 93 year-old friend) I probably shouldn't have.
Joel Skousen tells the story of having one or more ex-CIA spooks approach him, who say that their promotions stopped after they were offered honey traps in places like Paris, and they refused the enticements. The strong implication was that the CIA stopped upward movement for .those they couldn't get the goods on for controlling purposes

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Atrasado wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:51 pm I'm sure there are plenty of good people who work for the CIA. A good friend of mine from college and her husband work for the CIA in Brazil, from what I understand. Although, after the events of recent weeks I wonder about what they are really doing there. An old gentleman in a previous ward had been an operative in a Middle Eastern country and he was still getting his annual security interview almost 60 years later in his mid nineties. Now I wonder what he was doing when he left the agency and started working for the phone company.

Analysts aren't under that much control/scrutiny as spooks would be. They also aren't that culpable, being mainly data mavens.

I currently work w/an ex CIA spook, and I'm not aware that he is still monitored like you indicate. Heck, maybe I'll ask him.

He thoroughly distrusts anything the CIA might do or say.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

TheDuke wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 10:49 pm If anyone else here has spent any time in the spook field (I worked at Ft. Meade for 2 years) you would know that 99+% of the jobs are tech and admin. That is collecting surveillance data the processing it and assessing or analyzing the results. Few, if any get in the field. While it makes sense in one way to ask such questions, it is like asking if one of your friends who is a teacher was the one shot in Texas.

BTW, he is one of the very few apostles that I was able to meet with (just before his call when he was GA 70 (back when it was apostles and their assistants and 7 presidents of 70)). He was a very nice person. I spent some time with him at one point in London in his PJ's or PJ pants and garment top (one piecers back then) and slippers. Very genuine and kind man, he showed his care by coming to see me for an issue at 5 am with no notice when Bernard P. Brockbank was away for a coupled of days in US.
I've always really liked the man. Saw him at a local gas station once, and waved at him with him giving a friendly wave and a smile back.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:03 pm . . . . . Anybody attached to the Bennett family in any way should be treated with extreme prejudice. They’re multi generational Skull and Bones, Alfalfa Club, Cosmos Club, etc.
OK. I'll tell the story of my wife's run in w/Sen. Bob Bennett.

A few Utah politicos were giving presentations in a Provo hotel as part of their re-election bids. Sen. Bob Bennett was one of them, Chris Cannon another, along w/maybe others.

She went down to the meetings to ask about what these guys thought about 9/11. The presentations of the politicians were set up to allow questions afterward followed by refreshments.

She went to Cannon's meeting and got her chance to ask her questions, and he seemed genuinely interested in the idea that the planes may have been insufficient to bring the WTC Twin Towers down, even asking for follow-up information. She went to Sen Bennett's meeting, and asked the same questions, and he poo-pooed the idea that anything other than the planes brought the towers down. She then asked him: ~"What about Bldg 7, which collapsed in near free-fall time at about 5:20 pm on 9/11, and no plane ever hit it". She reports that Bennett looked completely flustered, turned beat-red around his neck, and was clearly p....d.

At this point she can't remember any verbal response to her question. But he did suddenly end the questioning, called off the refreshments and stormed out of the room.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 4th, 2022, 10:54 am
tribrac wrote: October 4th, 2022, 10:48 am He died 18 years ago...feels much longer.

He was quite the wordsmith, I'll give him that. But this quote from him is just wrong.
I'm ashamed