This church is super lame

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: This church is super lame

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Serragon wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 12:54 pm Here is what I found exceptionally lame...

"Season 4" of the Book of Mormon videos. When did we start labeling them with Seasons like they are some TV show. And what happened to seasons 1-3?

Seems like a lame attempt to hide the fact that the church actually stopped this project on their own because of their ridiculous COVID response. Haven't you all been super excited for "Season 4?" The end of season 3 was such a cliff hanger!
Reminds me of this scene

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

They made Jesus look like some kid that just graduated the online MTC program. I bet Jesus was way more masculine. The depiction in The Chosen was probably closer to reality.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

It’s been pretty lame for a while. At least it used to have good things for fellowshipping when I was a kid. Scouts, 4th of July stake parties, stake softball, capture the flag, etc. Used to actually stand for Doctrine, and be counter pop culture. Now it’s just a liberal Christian denomination with nothing enjoyable, which stands for nothing.

Feels kind of like having your privates in a vice grip and being told it’s God’s plan. I left after our Bishop was a mask &#%! and told us we still mask up this year. Not going back to Liberal Democratic Saints.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Chip wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:51 pm They made Jesus look like some kid that just graduated the online MTC program. I bet Jesus was way more masculine. The depiction in The Chosen was probably closer to reality.
He reminded me of my millennial niece more than Christ. Like he was emotionally over acting instead of sincere and weak instead of meek.

Not Christ for sure.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

This sums it up...

Bruce Dickinson = RMN/Q15
Cowbell = progressive leftist policies

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

As lame as you guys claim the Church is, it seems like its critics are growing ever lamer, no matter where on the political spectrum they might fall.

I mean, many here are flying themselves to pieces trying to explain any subject where they feel like the Church has gone astray without noticing that perhaps it is them that are going astray. Quite a few of you were offended at the talks, as well as the Church actions during the Nelson presidency.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:30 pm As lame as you guys claim the Church is, it seems like its critics are growing ever lamer, no matter where on the political spectrum they might fall.

I mean, many here are flying themselves to pieces trying to explain any subject where they feel like the Church has gone astray without noticing that perhaps it is them that are going astray. Quite a few of you were offended at the talks, as well as the Church actions during the Nelson presidency.
Oh, believe me. I worry every day that it is me not the church. But the Holy Spirit is my companion and guide I this matter.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:05 pm
Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:30 pm As lame as you guys claim the Church is, it seems like its critics are growing ever lamer, no matter where on the political spectrum they might fall.

Oh, believe me. I worry every day that it is me not the church. But the Holy Spirit is my companion and guide I this matter.
If it were truly your companion it would not be leading you astray from the established Church.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:09 pm

If it were truly your companion it would not be leading you astray from the established Church.
Like all the preacher's said to Joseph, and Joan of Arc, the Separatists (Pilgrims) etc.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:31 pm

Like all the preacher's said to Joseph, and Joan of Arc, the Separatists (Pilgrims) etc.
Joseph Smith had evidence of his prophethood. Russell M. Nelson has evidences today of his prophethood. Where, may I ask, are yours?

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:34 pm

Joseph Smith had evidence of his prophethood. Russell M. Nelson has evidences today of his prophethood. Where, may I ask, are yours?
I am not your prophet. This is not me interviewing for the position. Lol.

But I do receive personal revelation. For me. From God. Good fruit.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

I don't think the church is lame. But I think it is getting very diluted and generic. And I find it increasingly rife with contradictions and incongruence in word and action.

Statements like you just made are really interesting to me. I hear this type of thing a lot, but then can never get anyone to specifically support it.

Joseph Smith claimed to see and speak with God. Russell Nelson has ....
Joseph Smith produced the Book of Mormon. Russell Nelson has ...
Joseph Smith produced many revelations. Russell Nelson has...
Joseph Smith produced the Pearl of Great Price. Russell Nelson has ...
Joseph Smith healed many people who were critically ill by the power of the priesthood. Rusell Nelson has...
Joseph Smith prophesied about future events, including the civil war. Russell Nelson has...

I believe Russell nelson holds the keys to run this church. I think this is unquestionable. But when he is repeatedly referred to as a Prophet (which seems to include seeing and revelating), there really is nothing there by which to measure the man.

I realize that many people claimed a witness of the Spirit that he is s Prophet. Since those statements and experiences are subjective, I clearly cannot speak to them. But it seems that these witnesses come entirely devoid of any supporting, measurable evidence which the Lord normally provides. Otherwise known as fruit. This conference, I heard a lot of "I know's" and "I testify" about Russell Nelson from the other apostles and GA's. But I dont think any of them bothered to explain how they know or provide any supporting evidence.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I haven't seen it. Is it a piece of paper or something?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I still think it was the best conference in a looooong time . . . the old farts rallied their canes and walkers .. . . we didn't have to hear about the covenant path or the name of the church. nor resillience, nor consecration. which I could care less about

they actually taught at a young adult level rather than a primary level . . .anyway most did . . .what do y'all expect . . . they are old farts repeating the same things or newly called trying to prove themselves. hahahahaha

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

My apologies for ignorance, but is General Conference considered a good or a bad thing?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

one of the biggest natural curses that they all carry for the last days is their wealth.

None one would be able to convince me that in the last 30 years people get into medicine to help others or into law to help others.

Few people really have in the last 30 years. . all over the world. They get into these professions cuz they are the highest paid.

These people will have the hardest time seeing all their wealth, material and banked gone and their professions not helpful. There will also be some poor people who covet and they will be struggling, too.

everything that this society is based on will be turned upside down . . .its not getting any better

people who worship the things of this world will be sadly disappointed . . .its gonna get rough

I think RMN having his sad face and playing god be with you slowly was not very nice. I think he wanted us to believe he was a gonner. Wendy did such a great job of blocking those authorities who were trying to leave the stage. I think it was the last meeting. She grabs old Russel then blocks him from moving and makes him wave at somebody for a few mintues and won't let him pass. she must be taking notes from Jill B. Gotta direct the big man . . .what a show anymore

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

AkalAish wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:45 pm My apologies for ignorance, but is General Conference considered a good or a bad thing?
it was a good thing . . some posters are not liking prophecy being fulfilled . . . they keep mentioning the prophecy then complain . . .. this is where we are at

better get right with Jesus y'all

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

EvanLM wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:53 pm
AkalAish wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:45 pm My apologies for ignorance, but is General Conference considered a good or a bad thing?
it was a good thing . . some posters are not liking prophecy being fulfilled . . . they keep mentioning the prophecy then complain . . .. this is where we are at

Is it something that LDS people are required to attend?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

btw . . most of the scripture prophets have waaaaaaaay outdone our current prophets. . . .we have already been told how to build the ark . . . is there really much more our prophets could tell us or do?

get right with Jesus

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

yep and required to raise your hand to sustain with your dog and God as the only witnesses

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

EvanLM wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:56 pm yep and required to raise your hand to sustain with your dog and God as the only witnesses
Super confused, but I do sincerely appreciate you being willing to answer.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

AkalAish wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:54 pm
EvanLM wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:53 pm

Is it something that LDS people are required to attend?
It has always been considered a very important group of meetings with short talks by all the current apostles and other general authority leaders. The talks are published in print and online, and are used as the basis of local church meeting classes and talks (short sermons).

When I was younger, it was not as revered as it is today. If you lived outside Utah you had to wait for the print version (no computers back then) and the talks were not used as the basis for local lessons. The only time there was ever really any buzz was when an authority said we shouldn’t play games with face cards, or women shouldn’t work outside the home if possible. Now they make memes and T-shirts out of quotes from the talks. Some people (not most of us here) say the talks are modern scripture.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

AkalAish wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 9:01 pm
EvanLM wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:56 pm yep and required to raise your hand to sustain with your dog and God as the only witnesses
Super confused, but I do sincerely appreciate you being willing to answer.
What she was talking about is that during every semi-annual conference, the names of the general authorities are read, and we are asked if we sustain them, and signify by raising our hand. I guess some people do this alone in their homes.......?!?!

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

EvanLM wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:50 pm one of the biggest natural curses that they all carry for the last days is their wealth.

None one would be able to convince me that in the last 30 years people get into medicine to help others or into law to help others.

Few people really have in the last 30 years. . all over the world. They get into these professions cuz they are the highest paid.

These people will have the hardest time seeing all their wealth, material and banked gone and their professions not helpful. There will also be some poor people who covet and they will be struggling, too.

everything that this society is based on will be turned upside down . . .its not getting any better

people who worship the things of this world will be sadly disappointed . . .its gonna get rough

I think RMN having his sad face and playing god be with you slowly was not very nice. I think he wanted us to believe he was a gonner. Wendy did such a great job of blocking those authorities who were trying to leave the stage. I think it was the last meeting. She grabs old Russel then blocks him from moving and makes him wave at somebody for a few mintues and won't let him pass. she must be taking notes from Jill B. Gotta direct the big man . . .what a show anymore
If RMN is still here in April, I predict he will do something similar. Perform as though it is his last conference. Then when it actually is the last one, people can rerun it and say, “He KNEW it was his last conference! He really was a profit!”

What you said about the wealthy and the covetous is right on the money.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:09 pm If it were truly your companion it would not be leading you astray from the established Church.
You see, JuneBug, this is how it works: you don't actually need the Holy Ghost to guide you, since it, in turn, can be judged by what a group of men tell you it should be telling you. Just go to the source, and eliminate the middle man. Or ghost, as it were.