General Conference October 2022 - Sunday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
cyclOps
captain of 1,000

General Conference October 2022 - Sunday Live Thread and Recap

Post by cyclOps »

Sunday morning session starting now. Henry B Eyring conducting. (Covid should be discussed elsewhere).

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

Post by HVDC »

francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:00 am
HVDC wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:59 am Why didn't you get vaxxed?
Oh, I have the full vaccination programme. Just not for Covid.
That's awesome.

I forgot I was talking to an Engineer.

Why didn't you get the Covid Vaxx and the Boosters?

Sir H

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Jashon wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:51 am I'm sure the irony wasn't lost on many here that RMN spoke of truth and scientific labs Sat'y morn., in the era of SARS-CoV-2 and the August 2021 FP letter.
That could have been taken also as the revealing of the false lab reports of viruses.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Jeffery R Holland speaking about Jesus Christ, His Atonement, His Crucifixion, His resurrection.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:59 am
madvin wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:41 am I think you misunderstand the purpose of the eugenics injection. It would not be prudent to have most who took the injection to die. Some will take a few years to, and others will not be affected at all because it was saline. It also helps that no major media source is attributing the injection to any deaths whatsoever.

It has already definitely affected (killed) those who were already unhealthy to a degree. Some will need follow up injections to die.

Those involved with this "experiment" do not want to make it obvious to those who cursorily follow the news.
Eugenics injection!? Do you guys ever listen to yourselves?

It was a failed attempt at tackling a disease close to common cold, for which no injection had been invented. It was a dud, with no effect, and may have provoked some miocardial problems in persons that already had conditions. I concede that. But are you serious that most scientists that developed the vaccine were not trying their best to tackle a disease that, they thought at the time on account of the panic, was supposedly going to kill billions?

I actually know one person that works in biolabs. They do not seem the maniacal villain type to me.
Catch up. The lab workers are not necessarily involved. There is no virus caused illness. I will not go further, as I will bore many here.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Jeffery R Holland wrote: …the crosses we bear rather than the ones we wear.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

“Apostolic witness”

There’s that mushy terminology again.

Elder Holland, what’s the difference between an apostolic witness, and my witness?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Great talk by Elder Holland. Something we can all personalize, then repent and be better disciples of Jesus Christ.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Hey Art, this lady is talking about that fake trauma you warned us against yesterday…

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

endlessismyname wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:22 am “Apostolic witness”

Elder Holland, what’s the difference between an apostolic witness, and my witness?
exactly what I exclaimed when he said this? I've heard it before but what is it?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Sister Dennis wrote: We are commanded to love others, not to judge them. Let’s lay down that heavy burden. It isn’t ours to carry.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

cyclOps wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:30 am
Sister Dennis wrote: We are commanded to love others, not to judge them. Let’s lay down that heavy burden. It isn’t ours to carry.
She was a great talk. Man I sure appreciate when they speak truth of the Savior. There is nothing more key to changing our lives and changing the world than knowing and following our Master.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Charity: the most under rated gift.

Charity envies not.

... thinks no evil.

...seeks not her own.

...rejoces in truth.

A lifelong endeavor.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Cruiserdude wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:32 am
She was a great talk. Man I sure appreciate when they speak truth of the Savior. There is nothing more key to changing our lives and changing the world than knowing and following our Master.
Yes, Sister Dennis gave a great talk. I thought it followed Elder Holland’s talk quite well. E all need to be better disciples of Jesus Christ. If we humble ourselves and seek Christ’s charity, we will all see ways we can love God and all of His children more fully. Christlike love.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Good speech now.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

I think you probably have to use a lot more aliteration in your public speaking for your witness to be as apostolic as his. As far as I can tell, that’s the difference.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

TheDuke wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:28 am

exactly what I exclaimed when he said this? I've heard it before but what is it?
An Apostolic witness is a "Special Witness" Meaning they know him and have been commissioned by him. They have seen him and have received a special sacred witness. President Faust talks about it here, most miss exactly what he is saying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxandXWbUk

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Sister Dennis wrote: Are there people in your path who you have felt inclined to judge? If so, remember that these are valuable opportunities for us to practice loving as the Savior loves.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

cyclOps wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:36 am
Cruiserdude wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:32 am
Yes, Sister Dennis gave a great talk. I thought it followed Elder Holland’s talk quite well. E all need to be better disciples of Jesus Christ. If we humble ourselves and seek Christ’s charity, we will all see ways we can love God and all of His children more fully. Christlike love.
Agreed. Wonderful talk.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Pazooka wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:37 am

I think you probably have to use a lot more aliteration in your public speaking for your witness to be as apostolic as his. As far as I can tell, that’s the difference.
😂😂.... Oh pazooka, you sure know how to make us chuckle

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Gerrit W Gong wrote: Happy and forever are not the imaginary stuff of fairy tales. True enduring joy and eternity with those we love are the very essence of God’s plan of happiness.
He is sharing stories on exactly how real and personal God’s plan is.
Last edited by cyclOps on October 2nd, 2022, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

See D&C 107:23 -- the apostolic witness is a special witness to all the world. Your witness is ordinary and yours only.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Cruiserdude wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:40 am

And you, my friend, get the Pazooka Good Sportsmanship award. You’re awesome that way.

Meanwhile, I think we have a strong contender for the best tie. I had a hunch it might turn out to be him:
Attachments
5D3FB16D-A73D-406F-8296-4846D01BAF01.jpeg
5D3FB16D-A73D-406F-8296-4846D01BAF01.jpeg (197.59 KiB) Viewed 883 times
Last edited by Pazooka on October 2nd, 2022, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:39 am

An Apostolic witness is a "Special Witness" Meaning they know him and have been commissioned by him. They have seen him and have received a special sacred witness. President Faust talks about it here, most miss exactly what he is saying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxandXWbUk
That’s because he doesn’t say what you insinuate he’s saying. Nobody’s missing it, you’re adding it.

President Oaks, on the other hand, explicitly states that as far as he knows, none of the 15 have had the type of witness you blithely claim they have.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Pazooka wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:42 am
Cruiserdude wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:40 am

And you, my friend, get the Pazooka Good Sportsmanship award. You’re awesome that way.

Meanwhile, I think we have a strong contender for the best tie. I had a hunch it might have been him:
Yeah That is a sharp tie. I bet Cristoferson gives him a run for the money tho