General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Did Rusty actually announce 18 new temples? The church is truly about the appearance of righteousness. I'm pretty sure he's obsessed with besting Hinckley as the most amazing profit ever.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by LDS Watchman »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 9:32 am
Artaxerxes wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:52 am
ransomme wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:42 am
Artaxerxes wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 12:16 am

I know that several people choose to see some similarities between the fsy pamphlet and the gay flag, but it just isn't there. It has multiple colors. That's the only similarities. It's not even a coincidence, it's an absolute nothing.
All is well in Zion, nothing to see here, mirroring the world is the path forward.

Whether by accident or design it was a mistake.
Yes, of course. This old canard of a false choice. Either the sky is falling or all is well in Zion. There is no alternative.
The sky is falling is the same thing as the Lord saying all is not well in Zion and all those who claim it is are either deceived, or evil. (What's the word used? "Woe"?)

I don't really see this as a false choice. Either Babylon will be destroyed and everything joined with it... Or it won't, and we're all good.
Or there are problems in Zion, but all is not lost and God will be setting.things in order soon.

Which btw, is what the scriptures actually say about our present situation.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:02 am Did Rusty actually announce 18 new temples? The church is truly about the appearance of righteousness. I'm pretty sure he's obsessed with besting Hinckley as the most amazing profit ever.
The April temple announcement put himself at an even 100, and this one puts the total number of temples at 300. It seems he likes reaching goals.......

Legacy, folks, legacy.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

LDS Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:28 am

All is well in Zion, nothing to see here, mirroring the world is the path forward.

Yes, of course. This old canard of a false choice. Either the sky is falling or all is well in Zion. There is no alternative.
The sky is falling is the same thing as the Lord saying all is not well in Zion and all those who claim it is are either deceived, or evil. (What's the word used? "Woe"?)

I don't really see this as a false choice. Either Babylon will be destroyed and everything joined with it... Or it won't, and we're all good.
Or there are problems in Zion, but all is not lost and God will be setting.things in order soon.

I agree that not all is lost. But the cleansing will not be pleasant for those who have changed the doctrines and ordinances of the Most High. Our present situation is an awful situation. Our leadership has been captured by the secret combinations. (They have indeed gotten above us). Anyone following a blind leader will surely fall into the ditch. The aftermath of the cleansing will leave our church unrecognizable to its present structure, customs, and order. Whoever that *real* prophet is, who is yet to come, will not be appreciated by our current leaders that's for sure.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:02 am Did Rusty actually announce 18 new temples? The church is truly about the appearance of righteousness. I'm pretty sure he's obsessed with besting Hinckley as the most amazing profit ever.
Not sure exactly why, but that gave me a good laugh. thanks.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:36 am
The April temple announcement put himself at an even 100, and this one puts the total number of temples at 300. It seems he likes reaching goals.......

Legacy, folks, legacy.
thinking of that , the thought that came to mind was that people want to build a legacy so they can experience the gloating feeling of PRIDE, right now! It's like current accomplishment isn't quite enough for their egos. LOL. I get to be MO proud den eva! Look what I'm leaving for you unaccomplished peasants! !<<< I DID THAT>>>>! ...and THAT >>> Too!

this world is hilarious.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 12:16 am

I know that several people choose to see some similarities between the fsy pamphlet and the gay flag, but it just isn't there. It has multiple colors. That's the only similarities. It's not even a coincidence, it's an absolute nothing.

It absolutely is not. This forum's failure to see the wide distance between "in total apostasy" and "totally perfect in every way" is a perfect example of the willful ignorance and wishful thinking that's so rampant.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Most of us don't expect the church to be perfect, but for heaven's sake, stop teaching such blatant false ideologies to the saints.

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

Do I at least get fries w/that?
Kit-OTW wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 9:15 am That fact is that Pfizer did a rather shoddy study before releasing the vaccine for public use. In subsequent months they wound up in court, and the judge ultimately forced them to begin releasing documents relating to the vaccine. They had petitioned to wait 75 years. Now, there are thousands of new documents being released every month. They released a document with 1,291 adverse effects that they discovered while testing! Doctors treating patients have discovered even more.

The Partial List of Side Effects by the Pfizer-Biontech Covid-19 Vaccine include:

acute kidney injury,

acute flaccid myelitis,

positive antisperm antibodies,

brainstem embolism,

brain stem thrombosis,

heart attack,

heart failure,

cardiac Ventricular Thrombosis,

Cardiogenic shock,

central nervous system vasculitis,

neonatal death,

Deep venous thrombosis,

brain stem encephalitis,

hemorrhagic encephalitis,

frontal lobe epilepsy,

foam at the mouth,

epileptic Psychosis,

Facial paralysis,

fetal Distress Syndrome,

gastrointestinal amyloidosis,

generalized tonic-clonic seizure,

Hashimoto’s encephalopathy

hepatic Vascular Thrombosis,

herpes zoster reactivation,

immune mediated hepatitis,

interstitial lung disease,

jugular Vein Embolism,

juvenile myoclonic epilepsy,

Hepatic injury,

low birth weight,

multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children,

myocarditis,

neonatal seizure,

pancreatitis,

pneumonia,

fetal death,

tachycardia,

temporal Lobe Epilepsy,

testicular Autoimmunity,

thrombotic cerebral infarction,

type 1 Diabetes Mellitus,

neonatal venous thrombosis

vertebral artery thrombosis

Download it at https://www.riotimesonline.com/wp-conte ... leased.pdf

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:42 am
LDS Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:28 am

I agree that not all is lost. But the cleansing will not be pleasant for those who have changed the doctrines and ordinances of the Most High. Our present situation is an awful situation. Our leadership has been captured by the secret combinations. (They have indeed gotten above us). Anyone following a blind leader will surely fall into the ditch. The aftermath of the cleansing will leave our church unrecognizable to its present structure, customs, and order. Whoever that *real* prophet is, who is yet to come, will not be appreciated by our current leaders that's for sure.
You're entitled to your opinion, but the scriptures don't actually say any of this.

You don't know the brethren's hearts, nor do you know to what degree their actions are approved of by God. You also don't know who will ultimately make the cut when the wheat and tares are separated.

I don't know how it will all play out, but I can tell you for dang sure who won’t make the cut. Those who knowingly break the covenants they've made with God and refuse to repent, will be cut off when the setting in order happens.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 7:53 am
anonymous91 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:30 pm
francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:29 am
Lemarque wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:05 am Another source, tracking all cause mortality. https://www.usmortality.com/ With options to sort it by age range as well as by individual states, so you can check out what is happening locally.

There are some differences, but so far there isn't much evidence of widespread mortality following vaccination. It seems to be the case in Nevada, for example, but not in the most vaccinated states like Vermont and New Hampshire. Although all-cause mortality is higher in every state.
Nevertheless, unless delayed effects appear on those that took the vaccines, death rates are far from being an hecathomb of biblical proportions (1/3 of the humanity).

My ex-wife and three children, my wife and her two children all took the jab. I'll be the first interested in knowing if the vaccine is killing millions throughout the planet. I'd run the possibility of being left alone.
Here are my thoughts on it:

First, this was a trial run and seemed to be a pretty successful one at that. Taking an educated guess this is what more than likely occurred:

- There were various batches created and tagged to go to different parts of the world.

- Many of these batches were relatively harmless and had no ill effects. That is why there are some people
that are having no adverse reactions to the vaccine.

- I believe that part of the Spiritual Warfare all of the vaccines had some part of aborted children in them, to mock God, and to trick the majority of humanity into injecting it into themselves. I read an interesting account from a Priest who discussed how this impacted him spiritually after taking the first Vaccine shot. There is definitely a Spiritual War going on, that many are very oblivious to.

- I am assuming that they made various batches that had varying reactions. Since only TPTB would have this information, the rest of us are just noticing the after-effects of multiple reactions. This includes people just dropping dead all of a sudden (SADS), infertility issues, blood clots, an increase in heart attacks, tremors and uncontrollable shaking, and a whole host of other health-related issues.

The biggest mistake they made was that some of these batches are reacting within mere minutes to a few hours after the shot. This is something I think you won't see when they perfect this. Eventually, they will have this kill people slower and have it less obvious than it is now, right now it is in beta trials.

They get away with this by mocking people that say the vaccine is causing all of this. They attempt to ridicule and silence people in a few ways:

1- There are those that say that the vaccine cannot cause all of these various problems and that people are being silly. That is why it is imperative that the vaccines all don't work the same, it makes it almost impossible to tie it to the vaccine being the cause.

This was very smart planning on their part. If I was an evil genius, this is exactly what I would have done. It also helps that the new technology that they are using isn't even a "vaccine" at all, and hardly anyone really understands it enough to refute them, at least not the average citizen. Anyone who speaks out is immediately discredited and smeared as we've seen. This also helps with data collection to see what is working, and what isn't working. What is subtle, and what isn't so subtle? We are the lab rats in this experiment, and we are all expendable. The brilliance is that since people are dying at various times, from a whole multitude of health issues, there is no one that can definitively tie it back to the vaccine causing it.

2- The hospitals and doctors were trained and paid well to change the entire hospital protocol when dealing with this particular virus. Many who were dying in hospitals from this virus, were actually dying from the idiotic hospital protocols that were killing them. Now when people are having adverse reactions to the clot-shot the doctors are telling them that it is stress or anxiety or just about anything but the vaccine. It's not really the doctors and staff's fault really, they've been trained to be obedient indentured slaves to the system. They are not taught to question authority, or challenge it, though there are always exceptions.

3- They are using Hollywood, Media, Politicians, and Religious Leaders to push the idea that this Vaccine is Safe and Effective. In fact, they spent a lot of time and effort Gaslighting and brainwashing people into taking the shot. This was done gradually at first, then their efforts ramped up. At first, they pushed out the campaigns for it being safe and effective and how everything could go back to normal if only everyone would just take the shot. Then they started accusing those of us who refused as being selfish and that we didn't care if other people died. In other words, they attempted to shame us into compliance. Then they started trying to force their agenda on those of us who still did not comply. Threatened our jobs, and made it almost impossible to travel without compliance.

The entire reason for this is to condition people to give up their individual freedoms for the collective good. Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, Marxism. There are now many who have been conditioned so that when this happens again, they won't hesitate to get the next so-called "vaccine".

To me taking the vaccine is like playing Russian Roulette. Can you survive playing this game? Sure. Is it wise and prudent to take such a foolish gamble with your life?

I am guessing that now that they have all of the information they need, they are going to replicate this experiment again, and many will be even more willing to comply than last time. People will not want everything shut down again, so this will be a huge part of driving the compliance of these fools. I imagine that they will pit neighbor against neighbor, except this time it will be even more hostile than it was last time. Desperate and foolish people can be downright dangerous. I no longer wonder why neighbors sold out their Jewish neighbors, it doesn't take much for some.

Bill Gates has already made a statement implying that the next virus is going to be even more deadly, but they are already set to give you a vaccine to save you, LOL. If anyone knows if a new virus is going to be manufactured again, it would be him. This is also one of the ways they spread fear. If anyone starts dying without vaccination, they just pay the medical community to claim that they died of so and so virus. Just like they did last time, it worked then and it'll work again.

I do agree, next time will be a lot worse though. They will have figured out which batches they prefer and will be able to determine how to kill off as many people as they want in various ways that don't happen as fast (a few minutes - 48 hours after the shot) but are more consistent with culling off the population. Anyone who is fool enough to take it next time, I think it will be a definite death sentence. How long you have to live will be determined by the batch you get, but you'll definitely be living on borrowed time. Reminds me of those Sci-Fi movies where the poor in society lived short life spans, in contrast to the rich living almost indefinitely.

I am also going to take a guess, that they are going to be doing some brainstorming to figure out how to force this on everyone through various means. I noticed that during this last "plandemic" there was all of a sudden a national change shortage, and some places refused to take cash. I have a suspicion that at some point in the near future, they are going to try to do away with cash completely. Once everything is digital, it is able to be controlled and regulated. Imagine if you refuse to take the vaccine, and they block your entire account out until you comply.

Because of how this was so carefully planned and thought out, it would be almost impossible to contribute to people dying now and tying it to the kill shots, but this was just a warm-up. Additionally, information is being constantly manipulated, altered, and changed. Online information is chock full of misinformation, disinformation, and the truth. Good luck trying to figure out which is what.

That's my thoughts on this. I can see what they did, and I have a pretty decent idea of where this is going. The best thing we can do is get right with God, learn to know him and put our faith in the Rock of Christ.
"Plausible deniability" is the name of the game. All held together by their monolithic institutions mocking, shaming, and censoring those of us who have common sense and are fed by the Holy Spirit of Truth. Didn't a man named Lehi a while back have a dream similar to this?

But anyway, you spoke of them releasing calculated batches and tracking the effects.

Have you heard of

Www.Howbadismybatch.com ?
I did not know about this site, I suspect the numbers showing are just the tip of the iceberg. Interesting site, thanks for sharing.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

anonymous91 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:30 pm
Here are my thoughts on it:

First, this was a trial run and seemed to be a pretty successful one at that. Taking an educated guess this is what more than likely occurred:

- There were various batches created and tagged to go to different parts of the world.

- Many of these batches were relatively harmless and had no ill effects. That is why there are some people
that are having no adverse reactions to the vaccine.

- I believe that part of the Spiritual Warfare all of the vaccines had some part of aborted children in them, to mock God, and to trick the majority of humanity into injecting it into themselves. I read an interesting account from a Priest who discussed how this impacted him spiritually after taking the first Vaccine shot. There is definitely a Spiritual War going on, that many are very oblivious to.

- I am assuming that they made various batches that had varying reactions. Since only TPTB would have this information, the rest of us are just noticing the after-effects of multiple reactions. This includes people just dropping dead all of a sudden (SADS), infertility issues, blood clots, an increase in heart attacks, tremors and uncontrollable shaking, and a whole host of other health-related issues.

The biggest mistake they made was that some of these batches are reacting within mere minutes to a few hours after the shot. This is something I think you won't see when they perfect this. Eventually, they will have this kill people slower and have it less obvious than it is now, right now it is in beta trials.

They get away with this by mocking people that say the vaccine is causing all of this. They attempt to ridicule and silence people in a few ways:

1- There are those that say that the vaccine cannot cause all of these various problems and that people are being silly. That is why it is imperative that the vaccines all don't work the same, it makes it almost impossible to tie it to the vaccine being the cause.

This was very smart planning on their part. If I was an evil genius, this is exactly what I would have done. It also helps that the new technology that they are using isn't even a "vaccine" at all, and hardly anyone really understands it enough to refute them, at least not the average citizen. Anyone who speaks out is immediately discredited and smeared as we've seen. This also helps with data collection to see what is working, and what isn't working. What is subtle, and what isn't so subtle? We are the lab rats in this experiment, and we are all expendable. The brilliance is that since people are dying at various times, from a whole multitude of health issues, there is no one that can definitively tie it back to the vaccine causing it.

2- The hospitals and doctors were trained and paid well to change the entire hospital protocol when dealing with this particular virus. Many who were dying in hospitals from this virus, were actually dying from the idiotic hospital protocols that were killing them. Now when people are having adverse reactions to the clot-shot the doctors are telling them that it is stress or anxiety or just about anything but the vaccine. It's not really the doctors and staff's fault really, they've been trained to be obedient indentured slaves to the system. They are not taught to question authority, or challenge it, though there are always exceptions.

3- They are using Hollywood, Media, Politicians, and Religious Leaders to push the idea that this Vaccine is Safe and Effective. In fact, they spent a lot of time and effort Gaslighting and brainwashing people into taking the shot. This was done gradually at first, then their efforts ramped up. At first, they pushed out the campaigns for it being safe and effective and how everything could go back to normal if only everyone would just take the shot. Then they started accusing those of us who refused as being selfish and that we didn't care if other people died. In other words, they attempted to shame us into compliance. Then they started trying to force their agenda on those of us who still did not comply. Threatened our jobs, and made it almost impossible to travel without compliance.

The entire reason for this is to condition people to give up their individual freedoms for the collective good. Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, Marxism. There are now many who have been conditioned so that when this happens again, they won't hesitate to get the next so-called "vaccine".

To me taking the vaccine is like playing Russian Roulette. Can you survive playing this game? Sure. Is it wise and prudent to take such a foolish gamble with your life?

I am guessing that now that they have all of the information they need, they are going to replicate this experiment again, and many will be even more willing to comply than last time. People will not want everything shut down again, so this will be a huge part of driving the compliance of these fools. I imagine that they will pit neighbor against neighbor, except this time it will be even more hostile than it was last time. Desperate and foolish people can be downright dangerous. I no longer wonder why neighbors sold out their Jewish neighbors, it doesn't take much for some.

Bill Gates has already made a statement implying that the next virus is going to be even more deadly, but they are already set to give you a vaccine to save you, LOL. If anyone knows if a new virus is going to be manufactured again, it would be him. This is also one of the ways they spread fear. If anyone starts dying without vaccination, they just pay the medical community to claim that they died of so and so virus. Just like they did last time, it worked then and it'll work again.

I do agree, next time will be a lot worse though. They will have figured out which batches they prefer and will be able to determine how to kill off as many people as they want in various ways that don't happen as fast (a few minutes - 48 hours after the shot) but are more consistent with culling off the population. Anyone who is fool enough to take it next time, I think it will be a definite death sentence. How long you have to live will be determined by the batch you get, but you'll definitely be living on borrowed time. Reminds me of those Sci-Fi movies where the poor in society lived short life spans, in contrast to the rich living almost indefinitely.

I am also going to take a guess, that they are going to be doing some brainstorming to figure out how to force this on everyone through various means. I noticed that during this last "plandemic" there was all of a sudden a national change shortage, and some places refused to take cash. I have a suspicion that at some point in the near future, they are going to try to do away with cash completely. Once everything is digital, it is able to be controlled and regulated. Imagine if you refuse to take the vaccine, and they block your entire account out until you comply.

Because of how this was so carefully planned and thought out, it would be almost impossible to contribute to people dying now and tying it to the kill shots, but this was just a warm-up. Additionally, information is being constantly manipulated, altered, and changed. Online information is chock full of misinformation, disinformation, and the truth. Good luck trying to figure out which is what.

That's my thoughts on this. I can see what they did, and I have a pretty decent idea of where this is going. The best thing we can do is get right with God, learn to know him and put our faith in the Rock of Christ.
This is precisely why it is so important to do research and determine for yourself the truth. And that is: there are no viruses that cause anything. It is a scam starting with so called virology.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I don't think he's obsessed with anything except to get more temples closer to the people in such a way that traveling to temples will no longer be a hindrance.

I know that the people of Cuernavaca, Tula, Pachuca, and Toluca are overjoyed that they don't have to handle Mexico City traffic which makes Los Angeles traffic look like a drive through the countryside. Once I took an Uber from the Mexico City Temple to the American Embassy (which isn't even halfway out of the city in Toluca's direction). That trip took over an hour.

It also takes over an hour to reach Estadio Azteca from the temple in Aragón and that is still a fair distance from Cuernavaca. Not to mention dangerous areas that are found in the Ajusco region south of the stadium.

Tula and Pachuca are a little closer to the temple, however, they have to contend with Ecatepec on the way down; this area is a slum where robberies, carjackings, and the like are commonplace, comparable with some of the favelas surrounding Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. They even had to shut down the cable car that was running there on one occasion because the cables were stolen!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:30 pm
I don't think he's obsessed with anything except to get more temples closer to the people in such a way that traveling to temples will no longer be a hindrance.

I know that the people of Cuernavaca, Tula, Pachuca, and Toluca are overjoyed that they don't have to handle Mexico City traffic which makes Los Angeles traffic look like a drive through the countryside. Once I took an Uber from the Mexico City Temple to the American Embassy (which isn't even halfway out of the city in Toluca's direction). That trip took over an hour.

It also takes over an hour to reach Estadio Azteca from the temple in Aragón and that is still a fair distance from Cuernavaca. Not to mention dangerous areas that are found in the Ajusco region south of the stadium.

Tula and Pachuca are a little closer to the temple, however, they have to contend with Ecatepec on the way down; this area is a slum where robberies, carjackings, and the like are commonplace, comparable with some of the favelas surrounding Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. They even had to shut down the cable car that was running there on one occasion because the cables were stolen!
From what I understand, temple attendance has plummeted. It is also my understanding that the temple department is at its witts end trying to figure out how to staff these buildings. He's dropping buildings in places that have few active members.

In reality, I don't care. The "covenant path" has been corrupted anyway. But I gotta admire your "fine sanctuaries." I'm sure the Lord will make good use of them, they make good kindling for a bonfire.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

It's no wonder temple attendance is dropping. RMN told us that recent, fundamental changes were policy changes. So no one really knows what is essential and what isn't.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Jashon wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:26 pm It's no wonder temple attendance is dropping. RMN told us that recent, fundamental changes were policy changes. So no one really knows what is essential and what isn't.
Sure they do.

People that have access to revelation know exactly what is going on in the temples, and how it meshes with Scripture.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:32 pm
Jashon wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:26 pm It's no wonder temple attendance is dropping. RMN told us that recent, fundamental changes were policy changes. So no one really knows what is essential and what isn't.
Sure they do.

People that have access to revelation know exactly what is going on in the temples, and how it meshes with Scripture.
Many of us are "revelation deficient" in your eyes. Guess I need more rest and vitamins.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Nothing in the temple is essential. It’s essentially theater for reaching out to the Heavens for further light and knowledge, which Is not given in the temple. It’s Facsimile of Life and death, as though we were an Adam or Eve, who petition Heaven for keys. But even the keys given are just symbolic of future keys given.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:36 pm
Sure they do.

Many of us are "revelation deficient" in your eyes. Guess I need more rest and vitamins.
I wouldn't say they are revelation deficient. Perhaps they are receiving revelation and plenty of it, but from the incorrect source. Elder Renlund explained very well how we could come about to receive revelation and how to discern correct from incorrect revelation.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:39 pm
Sure they do.

I wouldn't say they are revelation deficient. Perhaps they are receiving revelation and plenty of it, but from the incorrect source. Elder Renlund explained very well how we could come about to receive revelation and how to discern correct from incorrect revelation.
I think you misunderstood what I said. These men are obviously revelation deficient. That much is clear. Your statement made it sound as if those of us who question the temple narrative do not "have access to revelation."

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:46 pm
Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:39 pm

Sure they do.

I think you misunderstood what I said. These men are obviously revelation deficient. That much is clear. Your statement made it sound as if those of us who question the temple narrative do not "have access to revelation."
People have to learn how to discern the revelations that they receive. It is clear that many here are deceived.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:47 pm
People have to learn how to discern the revelations that they receive. It is clear that many here are deceived.
Ah, so not only are we revelation deficient, we are deceived. I'll remember to add that to my mental notes.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:48 pm
Ah, so not only are we revelation deficient, we are deceived. I'll remember to add that to my mental notes.
Go ahead and add them. Why limit them to your mental notes?

Understanding of Scriptures changes over time, it is never static.

There are things known today that were not known in Joseph Smith's time. That's a natural progression through time, much as there were things that were known by Joseph that Abraham did not know.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:54 pm

There are things known today that were not known in Joseph Smith's time. That's a natural progression through time, much as there were things that were known by Joseph that Abraham did not know.
I fully believe the scriptures and prophecy can have many meanings, but the way the church approaches is near blasphemy.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 5:01 pm
Subcomandante wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:54 pm

I fully believe the scriptures and prophecy can have many meanings, but the way the church approaches is near blasphemy.
How so?