Conference Priesthood session — gone?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Conference Priesthood session — gone?

Post by Christianlee »

When my boys were growing up I took them to the Priesthood session. We always went out for ice cream and tried to make it special. My own choice to serve a mission came from President Kimball’s stirring call to young men to go during Priesthood session.

In April the Saturday night schedule was just for women. This month it is for both men and women together. Has the LDS Church become a feminized church? Is the Priesthood being made less than special for the young men? What is the agenda? Are they priming for women to be ordained?

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Re: Conference Priesthood session — gone?

Post by HVDC »

Yes.

Yes.

And yes.

Isn't it absolutely glorious?

The Lord has finally lifted Eve's curse.

Just like everybody else's.

It's a miricle!

Prepare yourself for a brighter future!

LOL.

Sir H

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Female Priesthood holders would cause many men AND women to hang it up. In almost every case where females have been given church authority, churches tend to liberalize and go off the rails.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

It's the continued de-emphasis of priesthood power.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:08 pm It's the continued de-emphasis of priesthood power.
Why?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:08 pm It's the continued de-emphasis of priesthood power.
Russell M Nelson wrote: I urgently plead with each one of us to live up to our privileges as bearers of the priesthood. In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others. Only a man who has paid the price for priesthood power will be able to bring miracles to those he loves and keep his marriage and family safe, now and throughout eternity.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

It seems the PH session was a bit special. I guess I remember going with my dad then my sons. I will admit I don't recall any learnings or spirit (of course with my dad it was a long drive to a building with an analog phone tap piped over a terrible speaker system. You could hardly understand the words). But then women felt left out, so they did women's conference. But still in my stake women came to the broadcast and sat in the foyer. They always said they were taking notes for someone unable to attend, but most were single women wishing to be men or worried they'd miss something, not that they couldn't wait for the Ensign to read it anyway.

Not so special any more. I will not attend the evening session, perhaps I'm being childish, but why need another session if it isn't directed at a purpose? 8 hours isn't enough for one weekend?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Russell M Nelson wrote: Likewise, we see faithful men who live up to their privileges as bearers of the priesthood. They lead and serve by sacrifice in the Lord’s way with love, kindness, and patience. They bless, guide, protect, and strengthen others by the power of the priesthood they hold. They bring miracles to those they serve while they keep their own marriages and families safe. They shun evil and are mighty elders in Israel. I am most thankful for them!

Now, may I voice a concern? It is this: Too many of our brothers and sisters do not fully understand the concept of priesthood power and authority. They act as though they would rather satisfy their own selfish desires and appetites than use the power of God to bless His children.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

So, I don't see a connection between exercising righteous PH and having a PH session? As far as de-emphasizing PH, it isn't about that as much as re-defining it to show that those ordained are only part of the PH so that women, part-member families, etc... can claim the PH. then getting rid of HP's except for those they want to have it today. I'm not taking sides one way or the other but there does seem a bit of redefinition that seems like mitigating the actual PH holder IMO.

However the point here is they did away with PH session tradition for what? Did away with scouts for what? Did away with HT for ministering. Did away with teaching prophets words for GC talks. Getting rid of SLC temple murals. Just making the point that things we considered valuable are disappearing all around us and being replaced with ............................... less IMO.

BTW there are talks and discussions best suited for men and boys and others for women and girls, that will never effectively be covered in a homogenous group. those are just lost in the changes.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:23 pm Female Priesthood holders would cause many men AND women to hang it up. In almost every case where females have been given church authority, churches tend to liberalize and go off the rails.
Got to have Female Priesthood to get to Same Sex Sealings.

So yes, it's coming.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:14 pm
Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:23 pm Female Priesthood holders would cause many men AND women to hang it up. In almost every case where females have been given church authority, churches tend to liberalize and go off the rails.

So yes, it's coming.
Yeah...that ain't happening!

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

So yes, it's coming.
I’ve seen this sentiment many times through the years here. That the church will give women the priesthood, that they will allow gay marriage, that they’re caving to the LGTBQ agenda, that the church will drop the family proclamation. It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen. Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

cyclOps wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:39 pm

So yes, it's coming.
I’ve seen this sentiment many times through the years here. That the church will give women the priesthood, that they will allow gay marriage, that they’re caving to the LGTBQ agenda, that the church will drop the family proclamation. It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen. Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
Openly queer missionaries.

You don't go from A to Z without going through B.

Destroyer
captain of 100

Post by Destroyer »

So yes, it's coming.
It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen. Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
Pretty sure that's what was said before the 78 priesthood revelation.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:18 pm

So yes, it's coming.
It has to happen.

Every level of reality builds upon a previous level.

When you fundamentally say men and women are equal. Then you HAVE to give women the priesthood.

You cannot give a talk saying that men and women are equal and that they can switch and flip whatever roles in marriage however they want to . . .and then say no, no, no only MEN can hold the Priesthood.

That ain't going to work for very long.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Destroyer wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:44 pm

So yes, it's coming.
It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen. Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
It's so incredibly obvious what is going to happen.

Either a) they allow it or b) the church takes a hard right.

b can still happen; but if b happens, millions will leave. The current path leads to a.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

So yes, it's coming.
Maybe, maybe not. I wasn’t alive then so I don’t know. I have heard that many hoped and prayed for the 78 priesthood revelation until it finally came. Though I’m sure there were also some who didn’t want it.

Either way, just because 78 happened doesn’t mean women will get the priesthood and same sex sealings will be authorized.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:45 pm

So yes, it's coming.
It's so incredibly obvious what is going to happen.

Either a) they allow it or b) the church takes a hard right.

b can still happen; but if b happens, millions will leave. The current path leads to a.
So you’re not saying A will happen? I thought that’s what you were saying a few posts back. What specially do you mean by B, the church taking a hard right?

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:41 pm

So yes, it's coming.
Openly queer missionaries.

You don't go from A to Z without going through B.
Also...the Utah legislature decriminalized polygamy a couple years back. A strange move in light of all the Warren Jeff's stuff...so we could see the ghost of Brigham (RMN) ride the polygamy train back into town...you never know with these guys.

132 is still on the books...

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:44 pm

So yes, it's coming.
It has to happen.

When you fundamentally say men and women are equal. Then you HAVE to give women the priesthood.

You cannot give a talk saying that men and women are equal and that they can switch and flip whatever roles in marriage however they want to . . .and then say no, no, no only MEN can hold the Priesthood.

No you don't.

One can say that the Lord sees women and men equally, yet give specific responsibilities to each gender. That is the essence of the Family Proclamation, which the Church holds in high regard, so high, in fact, that it is a required Institute class for graduation.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:14 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:44 pm

So yes, it's coming.
It has to happen.

No you don't.

One can say that the Lord sees women and men equally, yet give specific responsibilities to each gender. That is the essence of the Family Proclamation, which the Church holds in high regard, so high, in fact, that it is a required Institute class for graduation.
" yet give specific responsibilities to each gender"

Which is now completely up to whoever. There are no specific roles or responsibilities to each sex in marriage; it's do whatever you want now.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

As I noted on another thread, this evening's session was unusually short... About 1 hour and 23 minutes. Much less than 2 hours...
Significant? don't know...

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

So yes, it's coming.
I’ve seen this sentiment many times through the years here.
That the church will give women the priesthood, that they will allow gay marriage, that they’re caving to the LGTBQ agenda,
that the church will drop the family proclamation. It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen.
Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
lol.
DOESN'T EVEN MATTER NOW DOES IT ! -
because what they HAVE allowed - to enter in - and be a part of -
IS MUCH MUCH WORSE !

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Being There wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:04 pm

So yes, it's coming.
I’ve seen this sentiment many times through the years here.
That the church will give women the priesthood, that they will allow gay marriage, that they’re caving to the LGTBQ agenda,
that the church will drop the family proclamation. It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen.
Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
lol.
DOESN'T EVEN MATTER NOW DOES IT ! -
because what they HAVE allowed - to enter in - and be a part of -
IS MUCH MUCH WORSE !
Huh??