Conference Priesthood session — gone?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
hedgehog
captain of 100

Re: Conference Priesthood session — gone?

Post by hedgehog »

Joseph said it repeatedly, that many of heavens truths would cause us to rebel.

Personally I would not abandon Christ, Scriptures, Temples, or Joseph if Women/trans are given the priesthood or getting sealed. I also would not assume those changes were the Lords higher path that we just aren't ready for and not just leaders of the day going with the world. Frankly, running the church is not my job and not my problem. I will not be judged for others actions.

But just look at what has happened to leaders and temples in previous dispensations. Precedents of what can happen are pretty wild. Like so many of these discussion, we have to ask, when was the line crossed into irreversible apostasy? As Christ flipping the tables in the temple show that "leadership approved" behavior are not all acceptable in his eyes. So no, I wouldn't stop going, but I also wouldn't bet my salvation on a gay sealing. And I would not pretend that a gay sealing would not be in open defiance of everything we have thus far been shown about the plan of salvation.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

TheDuke wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:58 pm It seems the PH session was a bit special. I guess I remember going with my dad then my sons. I will admit I don't recall any learnings or spirit (of course with my dad it was a long drive to a building with an analog phone tap piped over a terrible speaker system. You could hardly understand the words). But then women felt left out, so they did women's conference. But still in my stake women came to the broadcast and sat in the foyer. They always said they were taking notes for someone unable to attend, but most were single women wishing to be men or worried they'd miss something, not that they couldn't wait for the Ensign to read it anyway.

Not so special any more. I will not attend the evening session, perhaps I'm being childish, but why need another session if it isn't directed at a purpose? 8 hours isn't enough for one weekend?
When I joined the Church, there were two sessions on Friday as well.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:23 pm Female Priesthood holders would cause many men AND women to hang it up. In almost every case where females have been given church authority, churches tend to liberalize and go off the rails.
That happened a long time ago.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I find this thread kind of ironic. If you've read anything that I post on LDSFF, I'm not shy about sharing my feelings about the apostate nature of the church. I'm extremely conservative in many of my views. But what I find many people here on the forum just can understand is that women can play a huge role in church organization and leadership w/o the church going to crap. For some of you, it's either we keep them as a support to her husband, or we think women will usher in some lezbo feminist movement.

The Nemenah Record teaches that Christ himself taught that women were ordained to the priesthood before the foundation of the world, by their Heavenly Mother. Wouldn't that be quite the ironic turn of events for all of us men to wake up to the fact that we were given the opportunity to learn service and kindness through the priesthood so that we could become like our wives?
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on October 5th, 2022, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:13 am I find this thread kind of ironic. If you've read anything that I post on LDSFF, I'm not shy about sharing my feelings about the apostate nature of the church. I'm extremely conservative in many of my views. But what I find many people here on the forum just can understand is that woman can play a huge role in church organization and leadership w/o the church going to crap. For some of you, it's either we keep them as a support to her husband, or we think women will usher in some lezbo feminist movement.

The Nemenah Record teaches that Christ himself taught that women were ordained to the priesthood before the foundation of the world, by their Heavenly Mother. Wouldn't that be quite the ironic turn of events for all of us men to wake up to the fact that we were given the opportunity to learn service and kindness through the priesthood so that we could become like our wives?
So incredibly sexist against men.

Women are so awesome that men's purpose is to become like women.

How pitiful that men are so beaten down like this...

And we wonder why we have men actually dressing up as women... That's what our culture teaches men sound be!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:23 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:13 am I find this thread kind of ironic. If you've read anything that I post on LDSFF, I'm not shy about sharing my feelings about the apostate nature of the church. I'm extremely conservative in many of my views. But what I find many people here on the forum just can understand is that woman can play a huge role in church organization and leadership w/o the church going to crap. For some of you, it's either we keep them as a support to her husband, or we think women will usher in some lezbo feminist movement.

And we wonder why we have men actually dressing up as women... That's what our culture teaches men sound be!
And how narrow-minded it is to think that it's either one way or the other.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Also, I'm not saying that men should "become" like women. But there are traits and qualities that some women have that most men will never acquire if they don't change their perspective about the why and how of the priesthood.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on October 2nd, 2022, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:24 am
spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:23 am

And how narrow-minded it is to think that it's either one way or the other.
That's the problem. I don't think like that but you seem to think that that is the reason why men have the priesthood.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:26 am Also, I'm not saying that men should "become" like women. But there are traits and qualities that some women have that most men never will acquire.
Dude you just stated that.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:26 am
That's the problem. I don't think like that but you seem to think that that is the reason why men have the priesthood.
What if women were given higher authority by their Heavenly Mother, would that change your perspective about women and how they serve in the church?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:27 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:26 am Also, I'm not saying that men should "become" like women. But there are traits and qualities that some women have that most men never will acquire.
There's a distinction here. Men don't think women will ever have priesthood authority. What I'm saying is that men often abuse this supposed role as the "priesthood holder". I'm referring to why men are given the opportunity to progress through priesthood authority. Whereas women may already have these ordained roles/rights/authority from their Mother.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:30 am
spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:27 am
There's a distinction here. Men don't think women will ever have priesthood authority. What I'm saying is that men often abuse this supposed role as the "priesthood holder". I'm referring to why men are given the opportunity to progress through priesthood authority. Whereas women may already have these ordained roles/rights/authority from their Mother.
Again there is this idea that progression is tied to priesthood.

It's not.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

cyclOps wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:55 pm
Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:08 pm It's the continued de-emphasis of priesthood power.
Russell M Nelson wrote: I urgently plead with each one of us to live up to our privileges as bearers of the priesthood. In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others. Only a man who has paid the price for priesthood power will be able to bring miracles to those he loves and keep his marriage and family safe, now and throughout eternity.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... r?lang=eng
"only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself"

Tell that to Denver Snuffer et al. Is that not what he claims? Even then, I don't think he went far enough.

So tell that to me. I experienced enough to know when enough is enough.

Yet I'm not here to tell you what you should do. Except that maybe take Nelson at his word.

But if you really take that seriously, do you know what will happen?

What is the problem for most people who think they want this?

The answer is they don't put everything on the table.
And I mean everything.

If you don't, nobody will ever meet you there.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Destroyer wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:44 pm Pretty sure that's what was said before the 78 priesthood revelation.
On the contrary. Harold B. Lee prayed for the day black people could have the priesthood. Lots of leaders wrote in favour of the day.

While I think the black priesthood ban was the result of having imported protestant trash (like saying blacks are the seed of Cain, something much in vogue at the XIX century), so philosophies of man, I note that the Church said from the beginning that the ban would be lifted one day.

Not so with gay issues.

Destroyer
captain of 100

Post by Destroyer »

francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:55 am
Destroyer wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:44 pm Pretty sure that's what was said before the 78 priesthood revelation.
On the contrary. Harold B. Lee prayed for the day black people could have the priesthood. Lots of leaders wrote in favour of the day.

While I think the black priesthood ban was the result of having imported protestant trash (like saying blacks are the seed of Cain, something much in vogue at the XIX century), so philosophies of man, I note that the Church said from the beginning that the ban would be lifted one day.

Not so with gay issues.
So, a few decades before the change took place, there were those who wanted it to change? I am absolutely shocked.

There were plenty before who said it would never change. The same goes for polygamy. It was the new and everlasting covenant and necessary to salvation until it wasn’t. It was an unchangeable doctrine until it was changed.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:55 am

Not so with gay issues.
Pandora's box.

Can't close it now.

Sir H

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Destroyer wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:36 am So, a few decades before the change took place, there were those who wanted it to change? I am absolutely shocked.

There were plenty before who said it would never change. The same goes for polygamy. It was the new and everlasting covenant and necessary to salvation until it wasn’t. It was an unchangeable doctrine until it was changed.
Read the discourse that instituted the ban. It also quoted that scripture that said the sons of Cam would one day raise their heads. The ban was though to be temporary, and from the start was considered that one day it would be lifted.

I think the ban was based on false premises (Cam seed = blacks), and that was the prevailing opinion at the 19th century at all Christian world, catholics and protestants included. Yes, we should know better, and it is easy to speak that way 150 years late. But to the 19th century man this would be a matter of much oppinion and attrition: it was being discussed if the black slaves should ever be freed and if the freed black slaves should have the right to vote.

I agree with you that more than a few thought the Lord had anything against blacks and would never lift the ban. It matched their own prejudices and they were measuring the World with thieir own rule. Well, they were wrong. Fortunately wrong.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

In my opinion it is folly to think women will be given the PH in the highest level of the celestial kingdom. PH is the authority to act in god's name. Women (mothers anyway as in the highest level) are god. They don't need any PH, the are the PH. Father and Mother are co-equal and will always be so, at least as long as Mother allows it.

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

cyclOps wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:39 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:14 pm
Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:23 pm Female Priesthood holders would cause many men AND women to hang it up. In almost every case where females have been given church authority, churches tend to liberalize and go off the rails.
Got to have Female Priesthood to get to Same Sex Sealings.

So yes, it's coming.
I’ve seen this sentiment many times through the years here. That the church will give women the priesthood, that they will allow gay marriage, that they’re caving to the LGTBQ agenda, that the church will drop the family proclamation. It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen. Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
Cyclops, don't you think you're being a little myopic? It will happen, unless it is destroyed before it reaches that point, just give it time. You or your type keep forgetting this is the Church of Babylon and as such it will do the works of Babylon!

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

GeeR wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 2:45 pm

So yes, it's coming.
I’ve seen this sentiment many times through the years here. That the church will give women the priesthood, that they will allow gay marriage, that they’re caving to the LGTBQ agenda, that the church will drop the family proclamation. It hasn't happened, it’s not happening, and it won’t happen. Each general conference those sentiments get shot down, not just because they don’t happen, but to the contrary.
Cyclops, don't you think you're being a little myopic? It will happen, unless it is destroyed before it reaches that point, just give it time. You or your type keep forgetting this is the Church of Babylon and as such it will do the works of Babylon!
We won’t agree. Time will tell.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

cyclOps wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 2:52 pm

So yes, it's coming.
So what is your response for openly homosexual missionaries?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:03 pm

Define openly homosexual.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

cyclOps wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:04 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:03 pm

Define openly homosexual.
Someone who proclaims to the world that they are homosexual, gay, lesbian, etc.
Someone who is closed, might tell a trusted leader, parent, or a trusted friend in confidence.

Don't tell me you are going down the road of "what the meaning of is is"....

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

same as a heterosexuial missionary that has not repented . . its all immorality and is all being taken care of int he same way. Heterosexuals don't get exed in large numbers for their immorality.

same frog just different color

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

EvanLM wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:15 pm same as a heterosexuial missionary that has not repented . . its all immorality and is all being taken care of int he same way. Heterosexuals don't get exed in large numbers for their immorality.

same frog just different color
???

So there is nothing wrong with openly proclaiming you have a sexual desire for the same-sex?