Latest from the mission field

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Lineman1012
captain of 100

Latest from the mission field

Post by Lineman1012 »

Recently had dinner with a couple that have a daughter on a mission here in the USA. They had just talk to her that day on her weekly call home. She said she wanted to come home as she is very discouraged. She’s On her third rainbow companion. These girls are out there on the gay agenda. They even go against the teachings of the church. My friend’s daughter says she spends more time defending the church against her companions than with the people.

The thing that was new to me was how many missionaries have left the mission field and gone home. She reported that 14 missionaries had come out together from the MTC. That 12 had gone home and that there was only one sister and one elder still in the mission field from that group after one year. She also reported that the mission president is discourage because everyone’s quitting and going home. There’s not much he can do.

That really sounds like a lot of homesick missionaries. That can’t be the normal attrition rate, can it?

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Re: Latest from the mission field

Post by Rubicon »

Doesn't sound normal to me, but I'm in Arizona. Where is this girl serving, if you don't mind saying?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Not normal in my area either.

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

I debated about giving the name of the mission as I don’t want to be the catalyst for any undo pressure upon her or her MP. However if you were to divide the USA into three sections- she would be serving in the center section.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Lineman1012 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 9:53 pm Recently had dinner with a couple that have a daughter on a mission here in the USA. They had just talk to her that day on her weekly call home. She said she wanted to come home as she is very discouraged. She’s On her third rainbow companion. These girls are out there on the gay agenda. They even go against the teachings of the church. My friend’s daughter says she spends more time defending the church against her companions than with the people.

The thing that was new to me was how many missionaries have left the mission field and gone home. She reported that 14 missionaries had come out together from the MTC. That 12 had gone home and that there was only one sister and one elder still in the mission field from that group after one year. She also reported that the mission president is discourage because everyone’s quitting and going home. There’s not much he can do.

That really sounds like a lot of homesick missionaries. That can’t be the normal attrition rate, can it?
I believe you, fortunately that hasn't been our daughter's response. I didn't want her to go on her mission due to the vaccine requirements, but at least she hasn't had what you mentioned happen to her. Hopefully all the missionaries come home in the near future, though, because when WWIII comes it will be soon and without warning.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lineman1012 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 9:53 pm She also reported that the mission president is discourage because everyone’s quitting and going home. There’s not much he can do.
The deception hath crumbled considerably. :lol:

He could read Joseph in the Gap by Taylor Drake.

Then decide, who is really hanging with the Wrong Crowd.

3*8**

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Lineman1012 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 10:18 pm I debated about giving the name of the mission as I don’t want to be the catalyst for any undo pressure upon her or her MP. However if you were to divide the USA into three sections- she would be serving in the center section.
I believe you.

Personally I think it's really important to expose this crap. I don't think a majority of the membership realize what is going on.

Personally I would expose the mission and then I'd look at the missionaries Facebook pages trying to find these missionaries.

I bet you would find their Facebook pages and be shocked at what they are saying.

This stuff needs to be exposed and brought out into daylight .. consequences be darned.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Not surprising. Who would want a gay companion? You’d think they would fix the problem, instead they ignore it. They deserve what is happening.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

It’s funny how thy ignore what is happening with this article. I wonder what the plummeting numbers will show for year end 2022? Maybe they’ll fudge the numbers, like the government does.
https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders/2 ... es-in-2012

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:07 am It’s funny how thy ignore what is happening with this article. I wonder what the plummeting numbers will show for year end 2022? Maybe they’ll fudge the numbers, like the government does.
16.3% increase in membership since 2011 and a 2% DECREASE in missionaries since 2011.

That doesn't sound like resounding success to me!

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:00 am
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:07 am It’s funny how thy ignore what is happening with this article. I wonder what the plummeting numbers will show for year end 2022? Maybe they’ll fudge the numbers, like the government does.
16.3% increase in membership since 2011 and a 2% DECREASE in missionaries since 2011.

The lack of missionaries considering the higher amount of members is definitely concerning, though I take it to mean that fewer and fewer younger people are serving per family versus before. The cost of living is becoming prohibitive for many families all around the world and many decide to limit their children to one or two, if they decide to have children.

More demography would be needed but I would imagine that Utah's birth rate is now at or slightly below replacement level whereas as recently as the 80s it was at 3 or 4 per household.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

It's not the "Rainbow" people that are causing this. It's the fact that the church just isn't true and has lied to us for most of its existence. Wake up!

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:27 am

The lack of missionaries considering the higher amount of members is definitely concerning, though I take it to mean that fewer and fewer younger people are serving per family versus before. The cost of living is becoming prohibitive for many families all around the world and many decide to limit their children to one or two, if they decide to have children.

More demography would be needed but I would imagine that Utah's birth rate is now at or slightly below replacement level whereas as recently as the 80s it was at 3 or 4 per household.
But why are missionaries leaving the field? 12 out of 14 is a lot. And that just one example. I know many from our stake that returned home early.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Atrasado wrote: September 30th, 2022, 10:24 pm
Lineman1012 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 9:53 pm Recently had dinner with a couple that have a daughter on a mission here in the USA. They had just talk to her that day on her weekly call home. She said she wanted to come home as she is very discouraged. She’s On her third rainbow companion. These girls are out there on the gay agenda. They even go against the teachings of the church. My friend’s daughter says she spends more time defending the church against her companions than with the people.

I believe you, fortunately that hasn't been our daughter's response. I didn't want her to go on her mission due to the vaccine requirements, but at least she hasn't had what you mentioned happen to her. Hopefully all the missionaries come home in the near future, though, because when WWIII comes it will be soon and without warning.
unfortunately, you're right . . .all are soon coming home

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

COVID killed religion. Almost no churches fought back. Those still earnestly looking for religion will take a 10 minute look at the LDS church on the Internet and see that under its current leadership, the church is a globalist, spineless, geriatricacy, bereft of the Spirit of the Lord as it follows the agenda's of man rather than the Plan of Salvation and Family Proclamation. This isn't going to get you any investigators.

Homosexuality should disqualify you from missionary service just like the list of all the other sins that do.

Some of my friends question the church as being Christian because of the stance of not calling homosexuality a sin anymore. Like we needed anymore reasons for them to not consider the church Christian...

I'm not surprised at the number of missionaries going home. Church leaders keeps blaming the members the last few months about the missionary program.
Last edited by Sunain on October 1st, 2022, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Mindfields wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:32 am It's not the "Rainbow" people that are causing this. It's the fact that the church just isn't true and has lied to us for most of its existence. Wake up!
My son is in the mission field. He and some of his missionary friends know what is up. Some of them walk around and tell people that they’re from the Mormon church.
They laugh at the new swear word because they know it’s the dumbest thing ever. Lol

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

If only the church had a $150 billion stock fund which yields ~$7.5 billion annually in interest 1/20th of which they could pay for the entire missionary program. Every. Single. Year.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Yes, being an out-of-the-closet homosexual should disqualify one from a traditional mission.

However, the reality today is that the chastity issue for mission qualification is the same for both straight and gay applicants. If they haven’t had sexual relations, they are good to go. Many young men have reported on pro-LDS-lgbtq sites that when they tell their bishops they have dated/hugged/kissed same-sex friends, their Bishop only needs to know about actual sex of some sort.

The obvious elephant in the room is that one of these groups is going to be living with, and sharing a bedroom with someone they may be sexually attracted to. Get two of this group together, and Wham!

It’s so obvious why the two groups should not be qualified equally. Trust the science, for heaven’s sake!!

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

LDS Physician wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:30 am

If only the church had a $150 billion stock fund which yields ~$7.5 billion annually in interest 1/20th of which they could pay for the entire missionary program. Every. Single. Year.
Stop it. You know that is the church’s “rainy day fund.”

“I just noted that my church has $100 billion safety fund,” Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told a reporter. “I’m happy that they’ve not only saved for a rainy day, but for a rainy decade.”
Is it rAiNinG yet?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

First speaker: President Dallin H Oaks, then second speaker Elder Uchtdorf, third speaker Tracy Whiding (sp?) 2nd counselor of the Primary, then Elder Renlund.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

"Giving to those in need is a principle in all Abrahamic religions, and others as well" - President Oaks

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Humanitarian assistance totaled nearly 1 billion dollars just in 2021.

"After the reorganized Church was reorganized" - a little gaffe there.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

"God is using more than one people to accomplish his marvelous work" President Oaks

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Two organizations: Red Cross/Red Cresent, Catholic Relief services (Caritas Internationalis)...

Fruitful association: Muslim Aid, Water for People, IsraAid.

The mission of the Church is to help others through ourselves as well as other associations.

I'm pretty sure the Apostles are aware of this forum and that they are NOT happy...

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Different examples of humanitarian assistance given by people outside the Church are shown. Interesting experience about a Sikh feeding 30,000 vegetarian meals a day locally in Dubai...