Latest from the mission field

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: Latest from the mission field

Post by spiritMan »

Lineman1012 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 4:23 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:38 pm
Lineman1012 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:34 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 1:09 pm
But don't worry . . .The Proclamation!!!!! That will solve all these problems.
Talk about a mess of confusion!

We have gay missionaries out in the field proclaiming that families can be together forever and eternal progression all the while desiring a same sex companion that only ends in death and damnation.

At a women’s conference, earlier this year, we had a woman proclaim her queerness - which goes against the eternal nature of womanhood!

We are welcoming, with open arms, gay dating, hugging and kissing at BYU, which is as much a disaster as “defunding the police” was to the cities that followed that piece of insanity. It’s all a disaster in progress and will leave the entire institution desolate.
Are you referring to the BYU Woman's Conference or something else? That was in 2021, I believe.

Otherwise, yes. It is a mess; but don't worry the Churchites will manipulate you into thinking you are the crazy one b/c don't you know the Church CLEARLY teaches same-sex marriage is wrong.
Yes I was referring to the BYU Woman's Conference last year.
After the talk today I don't think memory women will know what their role is so we might as well stick 2 men or 2 women together.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I blocked Art a while ago because he is just All Church, All Defense, All the Time.

But SpiritMan... When the two of you go at it, it accomplishes nothing and makes threads turn into massive back-and-forth wastes of time. I agree with almost all of what you say. But...to make threads less long, I am going to also block you for a while to see how things go. Sorry.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

HereWeGo wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:08 pm I blocked Art a while ago because he is just All Church, All Defense, All the Time.

But SpiritMan... When the two of you go at it, it accomplishes nothing and makes threads turn into massive back-and-forth wastes of time. I agree with almost all of what you say. But...to make threads less long, I am going to also block you for a while to see how things go. Sorry.
No worries. I understand. I was spicy today-it wasn't good I need to do better.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:34 am Yes, being an out-of-the-closet homosexual should disqualify one from a traditional mission.

However, the reality today is that the chastity issue for mission qualification is the same for both straight and gay applicants. If they haven’t had sexual relations, they are good to go. Many young men have reported on pro-LDS-lgbtq sites that when they tell their bishops they have dated/hugged/kissed same-sex friends, their Bishop only needs to know about actual sex of some sort.

The obvious elephant in the room is that one of these groups is going to be living with, and sharing a bedroom with someone they may be sexually attracted to. Get two of this group together, and Wham!

It’s so obvious why the two groups should not be qualified equally. Trust the science, for heaven’s sake!!
Well at least nobody will be getting pregnant. :o

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

ithink wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:02 am
Lizzy60 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:34 am Yes, being an out-of-the-closet homosexual should disqualify one from a traditional mission.

However, the reality today is that the chastity issue for mission qualification is the same for both straight and gay applicants. If they haven’t had sexual relations, they are good to go. Many young men have reported on pro-LDS-lgbtq sites that when they tell their bishops they have dated/hugged/kissed same-sex friends, their Bishop only needs to know about actual sex of some sort.

The obvious elephant in the room is that one of these groups is going to be living with, and sharing a bedroom with someone they may be sexually attracted to. Get two of this group together, and Wham!

It’s so obvious why the two groups should not be qualified equally. Trust the science, for heaven’s sake!!
Well at least nobody will be getting pregnant. :o
The Horrors!

No worries though.

All good Mormons put their daughters on birth control now.

For, you know.

Acne.

Sir H

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

LDS Physician wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:42 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:07 am First speaker: President Dallin H Oaks, then second speaker Elder Uchtdorf, third speaker Tracy Whiding (sp?) 2nd counselor of the Primary, then Elder Renlund.
This Dallin Oaks?

https://youtu.be/GrMJ2YZD62M
Hey, isn't recording leaders without their knowledge against church rules? :geek:

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

ithink wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:07 am
LDS Physician wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:42 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:07 am First speaker: President Dallin H Oaks, then second speaker Elder Uchtdorf, third speaker Tracy Whiding (sp?) 2nd counselor of the Primary, then Elder Renlund.
This Dallin Oaks?

https://youtu.be/GrMJ2YZD62M
Hey, isn't recording leaders without their knowledge against church rules? :geek:
Some Church rules.

Are meant to be broken.

Sir H

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:50 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:47 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:43 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:42 pm
You still haven't directly address what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter what they say about marriage if our youth are self-identifying as queer, LGBTQ and believe as long as they don't have homosexual sex, they are "worthy in every way".
Which commandment is such a person breaking? If someone self-identifies as an alcoholic, but doesn't drink, is he unworthy of a calling or service?
I never knew that the purpose of the Church is so that anyone can stand up proclaim to the congregation their most depraved desires and then say: "God made me that way, as long as I don't act on it-I'm good!"

Can I now tell everyone how much I really, really have an innate desire to have sex with animals?
Again, which commandment would that person be breaking? You're worrying so much about people doing this thing. Surely you can cite which commandment they're breaking.
3 Nephi 12
27 Behold, it is written by them of old time, that thou shalt not commit adultery;
28 But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman, to lust after her, hath committed adultery already in his heart.
Should we not keep out hearts & thoughts pure as well as actions?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Narnia wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:32 pm

Which commandment is such a person breaking? If someone self-identifies as an alcoholic, but doesn't drink, is he unworthy of a calling or service?
I never knew that the purpose of the Church is so that anyone can stand up proclaim to the congregation their most depraved desires and then say: "God made me that way, as long as I don't act on it-I'm good!"

Can I now tell everyone how much I really, really have an innate desire to have sex with animals?
Again, which commandment would that person be breaking? You're worrying so much about people doing this thing. Surely you can cite which commandment they're breaking.
3 Nephi 12
27 Behold, it is written by them of old time, that thou shalt not commit adultery;
28 But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman, to lust after her, hath committed adultery already in his heart.
We absolutely should keep our thoughts and hearts pure. But recognizing our temptations is not the same thing as lusting. Straight people recognize that they're attracted to people of the other gender. That isn't a sin. Choosing to indulge in lustful thoughts is.

The same standard applies to people with same sex attraction.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

3 Nephi 12
Yes, we should keep unclean thoughts out of our minds and hearts. This is precisely why the pro-LGBTQ, pro-gay-marriage Mormons teach their children and youth and anyone else who will listen that gay love and gay sex are no different in God’s eyes than traditional male/female love and marriage.

Today on Mormons Building Bridges FB group:

“There are more important things in this world to be concerned about than a boy kissing a boy. Two boys in love is just as natural as a boy and a girl in love. The same applies to two boys having sex with one another. Speaking from my own personal experiences, there is nothing strange about it. It is a natural and beautiful thing. It is an expression of true love.”

Also this from a man about his gay marriage:

“I married this man six years ago today. In. The. State. Of. Utah. Who knew that could be possible! And while the world and religions deride us and our marriage we did so to protect our family, to protect medical rights, protect assets, to protect each other, our friends, family and to show our unity of loving to each other for the sake of our children and grandchildren and all others who enter our lives. My husband is the finest man I’ve ever met. He not only survived cancer but then paid it forward to be one of the biggest fund raisers for The Huntsman Cancer Institute. It is because of our marriage that we are able to heal and return to love and pay it forward to society. If my marriage threatens you in any way I’m sorry you have such insecurities, but I hope you may heal and return to love.”

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Lizzy60 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:43 pm

3 Nephi 12
Yes, we should keep unclean thoughts out of our minds and hearts. This is precisely why the pro-LGBTQ, pro-gay-marriage Mormons teach their children and youth and anyone else who will listen that gay love and gay sex are no different in God’s eyes than traditional male/female love and marriage.

“There are more important things in this world to be concerned about than a boy kissing a boy. Two boys in love is just as natural as a boy and a girl in love. The same applies to two boys having sex with one another. Speaking from my own personal experiences, there is nothing strange about it. It is a natural and beautiful thing. It is an expression of true love.”

“I married this man six years ago today. In. The. State. Of. Utah. Who knew that could be possible! And while the world and religions deride us and our marriage we did so to protect our family, to protect medical rights, protect assets, to protect each other, our friends, family and to show our unity of loving to each other for the sake of our children and grandchildren and all others who enter our lives. My husband is the finest man I’ve ever met. He not only survived cancer but then paid it forward to be one of the biggest fund raisers for The Huntsman Cancer Institute. It is because of our marriage that we are able to heal and return to love and pay it forward to society. If my marriage threatens you in any way I’m sorry you have such insecurities, but I hope you may heal and return to love.”
So touching.

The tears.

They fall.

Nothing could be more natural.

Oh, I can think of a lotta things.

More natural.

Like naturally I couldn't care less.

About their beautiful romance.

LOL.

Sir H

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:43 pm

3 Nephi 12
We absolutely should keep our thoughts and hearts pure. But recognizing our temptations is not the same thing as lusting. Straight people recognize that they're attracted to people of the other gender. That isn't a sin. Choosing to indulge in lustful thoughts is.

When they openly identify themselves are lgbt, they should not be allow to go to serve a mission! They put their companions in danger because they live together. Why do BYU’s dormitories or approved apartments have to separate girls from boys? At least it keeps the temptation away from them, right? Now, we are saying it’s ok for the same sex attraction guys to live with the same sex companions? Is that ok to put that temptation to them just because they are the same sex? Or are we ok to allow those same sex attraction guys to brain wash their companions, so they can breeding more same sex attraction guys?

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

3 Nephi 12

“Love” such a word has been hijacked by Satan to confuse people with sin!

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Narnia wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 2:11 pm

3 Nephi 12

When they openly identify themselves are lgbt, they should not be allow to go to serve a mission! They put their companions in danger because they live together. Why do BYU’s dormitories or approved apartments have to separate girls from boys? At least it keeps the temptation away from them, right? Now, we are saying it’s ok for the same sex attraction guys to live with the same sex companions? Is that ok to put that temptation to them just because they are the same sex? Or are we ok to allow those same sex attraction guys to brain wash their companions, so they can breeding more same sex attraction guys?
Of course.

We are okay with it.

They promised they would be good.

Follow the rules.

Be the bestest missionary companion ever.

No sexual touching.

Till after the wedding.

LOL.

Good grief.

Has everyone forgotten.

They are there to Proselytize?

Haven't they always said.

If you only convert your companion.

Your mission is a success.

Let that sink in.

Every gay I ever knew was a pathological liar.

And I have known a few.

Let that sink in too.

Drowning in it.

Boring but, not bored.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Narnia wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 2:12 pm

3 Nephi 12

“Love” such a word has been hijacked by Satan to confuse people with sin!
Used to be the love that dare not speak its name.

Guess they decided to speak it.

Satan's minions hijack everything.

It's what they do.

Rainbow anyone?

I like rainbows.

Don't wanna be one.

Sir H

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Narnia wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 2:11 pm

3 Nephi 12

Yes, yes, yes.

I have been shouting this for years that the house is on fire, the house is on fire, the house is on fire.

In 2016 to 2017 the Church changed a fundamental doctrine. For the first time, they stated on the Church's website that it was OFFICIALLY okay for an individual to openly proclaim and self-identify as LGBTQ. As long as they did not DO anything else-they were "worthy in every single way".

That change has lead to where we are now in the Church. It is why we have openly homosexual missionaries. It is why the rainbow is so strong now.

It is why in the previous FSY booklet (and in the previous handbook) it explicitly stated ALL homosexual activities are sinful. Now it does not.

The Church is left in limbo . . .well one can openly proclaim one is LGBTQ . . .okay now what? Can a person go on a romantic same-sex date; they haven't had homosexual sex? Are they worthy now?

The Church handbook allows baptized men to proclaim they are women and they can now go into the relief society.
The Church handbook allows a homosexual couple who is NOT members of the Church to have babies that they have somehow obtained (through adoption, surrogacy, divorce, etc.) to be blessed and given a name on Church records! A couple that isn't even members, is living in gross sin is allowed to have a baby put on Church records.

What the hell are we doing?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

My nephew was a freshman at BYU last year. He contracted for an apartment for the year that he couldn't get out of. He found his 3 roommates were gay and practicing. He was stuck with them--nothing could be done. At least he didn't catch them having sex. Just hugging, kissing, cuddling etc. He made different arrangements for this year.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

HereWeGo wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:18 pm My nephew was a freshman at BYU last year. He contracted for an apartment for the year that he couldn't get out of. He found his 3 roommates were gay and practicing. He was stuck with them--nothing could be done. At least he didn't catch them having sex. Just hugging, kissing, cuddling etc. He made different arrangements for this year.
What the heck is wrong with the Church.

My goodness this is insane. We won't allow men and women to be in the same complex together at BYU but 3 practicing queers . . .Come on in!!!

This is just nuts. At this point, the leaders can not get away with saying "they didn't know".

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

HereWeGo wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:18 pm My nephew was a freshman at BYU last year. He contracted for an apartment for the year that he couldn't get out of. He found his 3 roommates were gay and practicing. He was stuck with them--nothing could be done. At least he didn't catch them having sex. Just hugging, kissing, cuddling etc. He made different arrangements for this year.
I think it's pretty bad right now and the only reason why we are hearing these stories is that some people are feeling empowered to actually speak up and previously it was so hush, hush b/c OMG if you say this is going on well YOU are the bad guy b/c you don't "follow the prophet" or whatever other nonsense.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Oh….well I’m sure they believe in not going further than cuddling and kissing right?
It seems that’s what the church automatically assumes lately.
It’s their new don’t ask don’t tell policy. :?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Mamabear wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:32 pm
Oh….well I’m sure they believe in not going further than cuddling and kissing right?
He avoided his roommates as much as possible. Stayed away whenever possible. He was sickened at the thought of what might go on in the bedroom. What an education he got.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I am sorry to interject, but two boys kissing each other on the lips is completely unnatural. Two boys feeling romantic love is completely unnatural. In the natural course of things such acts and feelings are the precursor to the union of a man and a woman having sexual relations in a marriage which God has defined. The other union is completely condemned multiple times in scripture. Openly accepting such acts as natural has traditionally. been condemned by believing Christians. At least the closet protected the rest of society from the open rebellion which such acts symbolize. I understand we live in a fallen world, but Christians are called to reject acts and feelings which God’s inspired scripture condemns. Babylon will be Babylon, but we are called even in our failures to pursue self-control.
Last edited by Christianlee on October 2nd, 2022, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Christianlee wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:58 pm I am sorry to interject, but two boys kissing each other on the lips is completely unnatural. Two boys feeling romantic love is completely unnatural. In the natural course of things such acts and feelings are the precursor to the union of a man and a woman having a sexual union in marriage which God has defined. The other union is completely condemned multiple times in scripture. Openly accepting such acts as natural has traditionally. been condemned by believing Christians. At least the closet protected the rest of society from the open rebellion which such acts symbolize. I understand we live in a fallen world, but Christians are called to reject acts and feelings which God’s inspired scripture condemns. Babylon will be Babylon, but we are called even in our failures to pursue self-control.
Not according to the Church. As long as they don't have homosexual sex. They are all good.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Christianlee wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:58 pm I am sorry to interject, but two boys kissing each other on the lips is completely unnatural. Two boys feeling romantic love is completely unnatural. In the natural course of things such acts and feelings are the precursor to the union of a man and a woman having sexual relations in marriage which God has defined. The other union is completely condemned multiple times in scripture. Openly accepting such acts as natural has traditionally. been condemned by believing Christians. At least the closet protected the rest of society from the open rebellion which such acts symbolize. I understand we live in a fallen world, but Christians are called to reject acts and feelings which God’s inspired scripture condemns. Babylon will be Babylon, but we are called even in our failures to pursue self-control.
I would not say unnatural. I would say it is not Christian.

Many cultures throughout history have had homosexual behaviors and they have been labeled as perfectly fine. It is not Christian.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Mamabear wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:32 pm
This is THE issue that is vexing the Church . . .but do they directly talk about it. No.