Latest from the mission field

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Latest from the mission field

Post by Subcomandante »

The message coming from Elder Oaks is don't expect the Church to do every last thing or to be told to do things...but we are to find inspiration ourselves to do much good...and to support good initiatives made by other people.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Hope they don’t mind if I use some of the funds I give them to kickstart my ideas.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:14 am Two organizations: Red Cross/Red Cresent, Catholic Relief services (Caritas Internationalis)...

Fruitful association: Muslim Aid, Water for People, IsraAid.

The mission of the Church is to help others through ourselves as well as other associations.

I'm pretty sure the Apostles are aware of this forum and that they are NOT happy...
As many have pointed out, being associated with the Red Cross or UN or other VERY corrupt organizations is not something we should be boasting about or giving money to fund. Use the tithing and fast offerings to better enable the church's own welfare and missionary programs.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:07 am First speaker: President Dallin H Oaks, then second speaker Elder Uchtdorf, third speaker Tracy Whiding (sp?) 2nd counselor of the Primary, then Elder Renlund.
This Dallin Oaks?

https://youtu.be/GrMJ2YZD62M

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

There is a lot of talk about "sin", but with the confusion today I think sin needs to be called out and clearly defined. I remember when President Hinckley spoke about raves in General Conference and went into great detail, even discussing that those who attended raves often chewed on pacifiers because extacy often makes a person grit their teeth and signs to watch for if someone was caught up in it. To not discuss LGBT ideology being pushed/propagandized onto young children either shows it's an uncomfortable subject not to be discussed or clearly spoken of, they think it will be too challenging to the membership, or they don't think it is a problem.

Is there another way to read this? I know a number of confused people in the church that fully believe and joyfully discuss openly LGBT marriage and its being accepted in the church as only a matter of time. They never seem to be corrected and therefore many accept this idea. I once spoke up about the proclamation on the family in a church meeting when this "idea" was brought up and was told the discussion was getting too contentious and they moved on. If sin is spoken of in vague terms, you are bound to get confusion/bad results. At least, that's my view on it.
Last edited by Down_the_rabbithole on October 1st, 2022, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:17 pm There is a lot of talk about "sin", but with the confusion today I think sin needs to be called out and clearly defined. I remember when President Hinckley spoke about raves in General Conference and went into great detail, even discussing that those who attended raves often chewed on pacifiers because extacy often makes a person grit their teeth and signs to watch for if someone was caught up in it. To not discuss LGBT ideology being pushed/propagandized onto young children either shows it's an uncomfortable subject not to be discussed or clearly spoken of, they think it will be too challenging to the membership, or they don't think it is a problem.

Is there another way to read this? I know a number of confused people in the church that fully believe and joyfully discuss openly LGBT marriage and it's being accepted in the church as only a matter of time. They never seem to be corrected and therefore many accept this idea. I once spoke up about the proclamation on the family in a church meeting when this "idea" was brought up and was told the discussion was getting too contentious and they moved on. If sin is spoken of in vague terms, you are bound to get confusion/bad results. At least, that's my view on it.
Exactly, no one in leadership wants to actually talk about it. They just all sweep it under the rug.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:17 pm There is a lot of talk about "sin", but with the confusion today I think sin needs to be called out and clearly defined. I remember when President Hinckley spoke about raves in General Conference and went into great detail, even discussing that those who attended raves often chewed on pacifiers because extacy often makes a person grit their teeth and signs to watch for if someone was caught up in it. To not discuss LGBT ideology being pushed/propagandized onto young children either shows it's an uncomfortable subject not to be discussed or clearly spoken of, they think it will be too challenging to the membership, or they don't think it is a problem.

Is there another way to read this? I know a number of confused people in the church that fully believe and joyfully discuss openly LGBT marriage and it's being accepted in the church as only a matter of time. They never seem to be corrected and therefore many accept this idea. I once spoke up about the proclamation on the family in a church meeting when this "idea" was brought up and was told the discussion was getting to contentious and they moved on. If sin is spoken of in vague terms, you are bound to get confusion/bad results. At least, that's my view on it.
They talk about it all the time. You're remembering one single talk about ecstasy. Pres. Oaks preached against gay marriage last conference. It's in the manuals, the website. It's everywhere.

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:21 pm

Is there another way to read this? I know a number of confused people in the church that fully believe and joyfully discuss openly LGBT marriage and it's being accepted in the church as only a matter of time. They never seem to be corrected and therefore many accept this idea. I once spoke up about the proclamation on the family in a church meeting when this "idea" was brought up and was told the discussion was getting to contentious and they moved on. If sin is spoken of in vague terms, you are bound to get confusion/bad results. At least, that's my view on it.
They talk about it all the time. You're remembering one single talk about ecstasy. Pres. Oaks preached against gay marriage last conference. It's in the manuals, the website. It's everywhere.
Then why are so many members so confused on the issue? Can you point me to a SINGLE talk where gender confusion ideology being pushed on to children was discussed?
Last edited by Down_the_rabbithole on October 1st, 2022, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:20 pm

Is there another way to read this? I know a number of confused people in the church that fully believe and joyfully discuss openly LGBT marriage and it's being accepted in the church as only a matter of time. They never seem to be corrected and therefore many accept this idea. I once spoke up about the proclamation on the family in a church meeting when this "idea" was brought up and was told the discussion was getting too contentious and they moved on. If sin is spoken of in vague terms, you are bound to get confusion/bad results. At least, that's my view on it.
Exactly, no one in leadership wants to actually talk about it. They just all sweep it under the rug.
Here's Pres. Oaks taking about what no one wants to talk about just six months ago.

I think you guys should try watching conference to see what's in it.
Screenshot_20221001-112443.png
Screenshot_20221001-112443.png (86.86 KiB) Viewed 462 times

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:22 pm

Then why are so many members so confused on the issue?
Because God gave people agency. People choose to ignore the prophet all the time, unfortunately.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Geez . . . why is it so hard to get people to understand same-sex "marriage" is NOT the same thing as talking about homosexual activities and the LGBTQ agenda!!!

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:25 pm

Here's Pres. Oaks taking about what no one wants to talk about just six months ago.

SMH.

Okay, so why then do we have same-sex slow dancing.
Why do we have openly homosexual missionaries serving.
Why do we have members who openly wear rainbow pins.

Yeah, yeah. . . same-sex marriage isn't going to happen right now.

But what IS happening is a complete acceptance of homosexuality.

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:26 pm

Because God gave people agency. People choose to ignore the prophet all the time, unfortunately.
Can you point me to a SINGLE talk where gender confusion ideology being pushed on to children was discussed?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

People aren't ignoring the prophet.

They aren't speaking about it.

They are not talking about homosexual behavior. The blunt prohibition on ALL homosexual behavior was removed from both the Handbook and FSY.

Yes, yes homosexual sex is prohibited . . .
What about declaring one is queer in front of the congregation? Going on dates with the same-sex, etc.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:28 pm

Can you point me to a SINGLE talk where gender confusion ideology being pushed on to children was discussed?
The church directly states it is ACCEPTABLE to "come out".

So in my local stake, I hear talks about how Sis. so-and-so's daughter "come out" and how much love and acceptance they have received.

That IS gender confusion. Wake the heck up dude.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:29 pm

People aren't ignoring the prophet.

They aren't speaking about it.

They are not talking about homosexual behavior. The blunt prohibition on ALL homosexual behavior was removed from both the Handbook and FSY.

Yes, yes homosexual sex is prohibited . . .
What about declaring one is queer in front of the congregation? Going on dates with the same-sex, etc.
The FSY and the handbook are perfectly clear. The law of chastity is the law.

You think the church needs to be super worried people saying they're gay? You recognize the church is clear about the law of chastity, but you're concerned about what people say?

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:19 am
Lineman1012 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 9:53 pm Recently had dinner with a couple that have a daughter on a mission here in the USA. They had just talk to her that day on her weekly call home. She said she wanted to come home as she is very discouraged. She’s On her third rainbow companion. These girls are out there on the gay agenda. They even go against the teachings of the church. My friend’s daughter says she spends more time defending the church against her companions than with the people.

The thing that was new to me was how many missionaries have left the mission field and gone home. She reported that 14 missionaries had come out together from the MTC. That 12 had gone home and that there was only one sister and one elder still in the mission field from that group after one year. She also reported that the mission president is discourage because everyone’s quitting and going home. There’s not much he can do.

That really sounds like a lot of homesick missionaries. That can’t be the normal attrition rate, can it?
COVID killed religion. Almost no churches fought back. Those still earnestly looking for religion will take a 10 minute look at the LDS church on the Internet and see that under its current leadership, the church is a globalist, spineless, geriatricacy, bereft of the Spirit of the Lord as it follows the agenda's of man rather than the Plan of Salvation and Family Proclamation. This isn't going to get you any investigators.

Homosexuality should disqualify you from missionary service just like the list of all the other sins that do.

Some of my friends question the church as being Christian because of the stance of not calling homosexuality a sin anymore. Like we needed anymore reasons for them to not consider the church Christian...

I'm not surprised at the number of missionaries going home. Church leaders keeps blaming the members the last few months about the missionary program.
You nailed it!

Add to it the many pics of members and leaders with masks on - you can’t spread a gospel of love while wearing a mask. More like a gospel of submission and compliance to the NWO. No one wants that.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Ever since the Proclamation, they've been totally clear on the eternal nature of gender.
Screenshot_20221001-113859.png
Screenshot_20221001-113859.png (522.54 KiB) Viewed 430 times

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:27 pm

SMH.

Because people have their agency.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:40 pm

Ever since the Proclamation, they've been totally clear on the eternal nature of gender.

You still haven't directly address what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter what they say about marriage if our youth are self-identifying as queer, LGBTQ and believe as long as they don't have homosexual sex, they are "worthy in every way".

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:42 pm

It doesn't matter what they say about marriage if our youth are self-identifying as queer, LGBTQ and believe as long as they don't have homosexual sex, they are "worthy in every way".
Which commandment is such a person breaking? If someone self-identifies as an alcoholic, but doesn't drink, is he unworthy of a calling or service?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:27 pm

SMH.

Because people have their agency.
Cop out.

No one is discussing in ANY talks, hey this homosexual identification and behavior is wrong.

It's all the same crap that you say . . . how in the world can anyone ever, ever be confused about what we teach. . . .it must be THEM that is the problem, not us!

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:43 pm

Which commandment is such a person breaking? If someone self-identifies as an alcoholic, but doesn't drink, is he unworthy of a calling or service?
That's exactly right. I should wear slogans showing my support for alcoholics, how they are born that way, there is nothing that should be done and that desiring to get drunk is not a sin.

Can I start wearing pictures of the Playboy bunny at Church now to show how much I love and support porn stars?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:45 pm

That's exactly right. I should wear slogans showing my support for alcoholics, how they are born that way, there is nothing that should be done and that desiring to get drunk is not a sin.

Can I start wearing pictures of the Playboy bunny at Church now to show how much I love and support porn stars?
Again, which commandment are they breaking specifically in your view?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

I never knew that the purpose of the Church is so that anyone can stand up proclaim to the congregation their most depraved desires and then say: "God made me that way, as long as I don't act on it-I'm good!"

Can I now tell everyone how much I really, really have an innate desire to have sex with animals?