Two Suns in the Sky?! Flat Earth CONFIRMED?!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Re: Two Suns in the Sky?! Flat Earth CONFIRMED?!!

Post by FrankOne »

larsenb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 1:22 pm
creator wrote: October 6th, 2022, 9:44 am
Pazooka wrote: September 28th, 2022, 5:49 pm
creator wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:41 pm And no, I don't believe the earth is flat
I still hold out hope for you :)
While I may not believe in flat earth, I do believe the saying that this world is maya (meaning "illusion").

As some have explained: "Maya means that the world is not as it seems; the world that one experiences is misleading as far as its true nature is concerned." "The world is both real and unreal because it exists but is not what it appears to be".

We experience only a shadow of the real.
The problem with buying too far into this idea is that the world, the earth, has far too many powerful subsystems interleaved with its very real mass and solidity; all of which can do you serious damage if not properly attended to or taken into account.

My sense of 'Maya', is that it has more to do with the human perception of meaning and purpose we think we are experiencing in the world. There are many distractions and illusions we encounter that can sidetrack us from our true meaning and purpose.
As was told to me by a wise old man (a relative),
"too much introspection can be dangerous".

he was right and I went into the abyss and experienced it, but I survived it it to tell the tale.

"Danger" is perceived and it isn't real.

Nothing real can be threatened or harmed. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies peace.

Take the risk and make the discovery that few attempt. Or... live out your life in a sense of comfort and normality. There are no wrong choices but there is always a perfect end. Everything that has a beginning has an end.

Everything that never had a beginning never has an end.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

creator wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 6:17 pm
ori wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:34 pmWhat does NASA lie about, besides climate change?
There are a few things mentioned in this thread: NASA Lies
A few more...

General Relativity
Newtonian Science
Big Bang Cosmology
Expanding Universe
Invisible Dark Energy
Invisible Dark Matter
Invisible Black Holes
Galaxy Formations
Thermonuclear Sun
Planet Formation
Planet Stability
Protoplanetary Disk
Neutron Stars
Nebula Theory
Asteroids
Dirty snowball comet
Isolated Heliosphere
Uniformitarianism
Exploding Stars (Supernova theory)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

larsenb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 1:22 pm The problem with buying too far into this idea is that the world, the earth, has far too many powerful subsystems interleaved with its very real mass and solidity; all of which can do you serious damage if not properly attended to or taken into account.

My sense of 'Maya', is that it has more to do with the human perception of meaning and purpose we think we are experiencing in the world. There are many distractions and illusions we encounter that can sidetrack us from our true meaning and purpose.
This life, and how we live it, is very important - I'm not discounting that. I think we tend to be so deep into materialism that we forget how different the real world is that we came from. But yes, we shouldn't get so distracted with trying to connect to that higher spiritual realm that we ignore the important aspects of our mortality.