The World has Fallen

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

The World has Fallen

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Yesterday i went to DQ and the door refused to open. To my absolute horror a sign on the door read “Lobby Hours 2:30 - 7:00 PM”.

I felt truly blessed when i checked the time and it was 2:25 PM and felt that i might endure waiting 5 minutes.

Today things were far worse, as I approached McDonalds i was met with a guy that shared further horror that the lobby was closed until 3 PM, so I goes to Wendy’s and they only have small cups and were out of ketchup packets too.

The world has truly fallen. :lol:

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The World has Fallen

Post by Cruiserdude »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:05 pm Yesterday i went to DQ and the door refused to open. To my absolute horror a sign on the door read “Lobby Hours 2:30 - 7:00 PM”.

I felt truly blessed when i checked the time and it was 2:25 PM and felt that i might endure waiting 5 minutes.

Today things were far worse, as I approached McDonalds i was met with a guy that shared further horror that the lobby was closed until 3 PM, so I goes to Wendy’s and they only have small cups and were out of ketchup packets too.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Short staffed. One was taken and the other remained.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Lobby hours?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Some fast foods around me can't open the front as they have no one to work. Drive thru only.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Luke wrote: September 28th, 2022, 5:08 pmLobby hours?
Times when they open for dine in.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

DQ?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Dave62 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 5:49 pmDQ?
Dairy Queen

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Dave62 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 5:49 pmDQ?
Dairy Queen

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:05 pm Yesterday i went to DQ and the door refused to open. To my absolute horror a sign on the door read “Lobby Hours 2:30 - 7:00 PM”.

Just think! A whole 5 minutes living the Word of Wisdom! (pure sarcasm)

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Opening Hours

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

maybe it's an omen to eat healthier

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Tried to grab a quick burger at BK (I know... crap food) and they probably saved my life by refusing to accept cash. :lol:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

First time I've ever heard of anything but a bank having lobby (inside the business) hours.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Silver Pie wrote: September 30th, 2022, 4:27 pm
First time I've ever heard of anything but a bank having lobby (inside the business) hours.
I had to go to Utah a couple of times this summer, and while we mostly ate food from the store, my kids did ask to eat out sometimes. Turns out a lot of places don't have enough staff and just open or close on when they can now. Some places just the lobby is closed, others totally closed during business hours, but at random times and open other times.

It isn't just Utah. I've seen it in Idaho and my sister in Washington State said her boyfriend jokingly calls their local Arby's "Darby's" because it is like a knock off version since it seems to have no rhyme or reason to when it is open or what is available.

When we were moving to Idaho we needed to eat quick so we went to Arby's for dinner one night and they were out of roast beef, napkins and ketchup. With 8 kids, the napkins were the biggest bummer.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wow! :O
I had no idea this was happening. Before I read this thread, I had no clue.

So many things are showing us this nation is going down. We are being destroyed and most of us don't even recognize it.
JuneBug12000 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 4:40 pm I had to go to Utah a couple of times this summer, and while we mostly ate food from the store, my kids did ask to eat out sometimes. Turns out a lot of places don't have enough staff and just open or close on when they can now. Some places just the lobby is closed, others totally closed during business hours, but at random times and open other times.

It isn't just Utah. I've seen it in Idaho and my sister in Washington State said her boyfriend jokingly calls their local Arby's "Darby's" because it is like a knock off version since it seems to have no rhyme or reason to when it is open or what is available.

When we were moving to Idaho we needed to eat quick so we went to Arby's for dinner one night and they were out of roast beef, napkins and ketchup. With 8 kids, the napkins were the biggest bummer.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Arby's being out of roast beef is weird.

No napkins is weird, too.

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

Silver Pie wrote: September 30th, 2022, 4:47 pm Arby's being out of roast beef is weird.

Things being sold out is quite common here.

If you see it on a shelf, even if you may not need it for months, BUY IT.

It is not uncommon for us here to hear something along the lines of...

ME: I noticed that there is not any pasta (candles, space heaters, carrots, fill-in-the-blank).

CLERK: Yeah...we are out. We should get some in again in about 8 months. Maybe.

ME: Right.

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Silver Pie wrote: September 30th, 2022, 4:47 pm Arby's being out of roast beef is weird.

In your town of Rock Springs, WY at your local Kentucky Fried Chicken establishment you are not permitted to go into it and order a meal but are restricted to drive-through order only.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

most fast food places along the I 5 corridor are drive thru only. The only exceptions are like fast food located at pilot or flying j....otherwise don't plan on going inside. A local dq that I drive past all the time has been drive thru only since they opened from the pandemic. We went to Portland Oregon a few weeks ago and my husband was starving so we went to a Wendy's and ordered a salad as they were out of chicken and bacon....the salads were actually pretty good,......the drive thru was all that was open. Staff shortages are a reality as no one wants to work fast food and there are sooo many job opportunities right now in the region. This seems to be trend all over the west.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

GeeR wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:51 pm In your town of Rock Springs, WY at your local Kentucky Fried Chicken establishment you are not permitted to go into it and order a meal but are restricted to drive-through order only.
Interesting. Shows how much I eat out.

During the height of the covid insanity in this area, Taco Bell was drive-through only. Starbucks may have been, also. There may have been others. I was naive enough to suppose that all of that was gone in this area by now.

KFC is usually too expensive for me to even think of going to, though I like their chicken, so no surprise that I had no clue about that.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Surreal.

So are staff shortages a result of forcing employees to get the shot, with the consequent results being that some of them quit and some of them complied, then became incapacitated or died?

I think that was the case with the local bus system. They made their employees get the jag, according to the local online paper. Soon after that, they (the bus system) said that they were closing for a while because they didn't have enough employees to keep it going. I think the unshot ones quit and the shot ones got sick.

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

The thing that I find myself craving most in Wasilla is GOOD MEXICAN FOOD. We are along, long way from the border. Well...the Mexican border, anyway. The Canadian border is somewhat close.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

AkalAish wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:37 am The thing that I find myself craving most in Wasilla is GOOD MEXICAN FOOD. We are along, long way from the border. Well...the Mexican border, anyway. The Canadian border is somewhat close.
The horror!! You guys don't have taco bell or taco time or del taco up there?!?! How do you guys survive?! 😉😁(I know what youre saying, just having fun)

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

Cruiserdude wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:42 am
AkalAish wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:37 am The thing that I find myself craving most in Wasilla is GOOD MEXICAN FOOD. We are along, long way from the border. Well...the Mexican border, anyway. The Canadian border is somewhat close.
The horror!! You guys don't have taco bell or taco time or del taco up there?!?! How do you guys survive?! 😉😁(I know what youre saying, just having fun)
We have a Taco Bell. NO Del Taco or Taco Time. Also no Chik-fil-a. We do have a Raising Canes and McDonalds, so we are not complete savages.

(As Jews in Alaska, by the way, we refer to ourselves as the Frozen Chosen.)