How do you leave the forum?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

How do you leave the forum?

Post by Christianlee »

Is there a way to take your name off?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: How do you leave the forum?

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Christianlee wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:33 pm Is there a way to take your name off?
You have to make an appointment with your stake president.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Brian (The Creator) posted a long time ago that he gets requests, now and then, from people who want everything they posted here to be deleted, but he doesn't do that. No, this earth stain shall persist through mortality.

You must be thinking of joining the church now?

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

😂 like all internet stains...

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

There have been many that have checked out in heated huffs, sometimes on multiple occasions, but they are soon back like the clap, unable to transcend this earthy mire. You're going to be here until you're dead. Just embrace it.
Last edited by Chip on September 26th, 2022, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Chip wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:53 pm There have been many that have checked out in heated huffs, sometimes on multiple occasions, but they are soon back like the clap, unable to transcend this earthy mire. You're going to be here until your dead. Just embrace it.
Ahhaha😂😂

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Christianlee wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:33 pm Is there a way to take your name off?
Yes, you can leave. The creator of the forum has done it a time or two [edit: done it for others]. He can also change your username if you want to. Your posts should remain, though. Threads get really confusing if there is mass post removal.

I was on here as A Random Phrase, but came on far too often, so asked him to delete my user (but keep my posts for continuity). The name remains, but it has no user profile. (Obviously, I couldn't stay away. A friend I only knew here, asked about me. I returned for him, then he got kicked into outer darkness, then got the full axe. Me? I stayed and became re-addicted.)

That's the only way you can leave the forum. Just shoot him a pm.
Last edited by Silver Pie on September 27th, 2022, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave. 🎶

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:33 pm
You have to make an appointment with your stake president.
🤣

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Chip wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:49 pm Brian (The Creator) posted a long time ago that he gets requests, now and then, from people who want everything they posted here to be deleted, but he doesn't do that. No, this earth stain shall persist through mortality.

they're watching us ..... right....now...
They need to know the degree of dissent so they can calculate their next moves.

lol? ....

as if it matters.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Don’t goooooooo!!!

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

The hotel California reference really does sum it up....just don't login anymore and forget you ever posted here....it's all good until the FBI starts investigating all of us for blasphemy against the state and religiosity unbecoming of good comrades/ citizens of the world....until then pretend this didn't even happen....;)

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Chip wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:49 pm Brian (The Creator) posted a long time ago that he gets requests, now and then, from people who want everything they posted here to be deleted, but he doesn't do that. No, this earth stain shall persist through mortality.

No, thinking of joining a local non-denominational.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Christianlee wrote: September 27th, 2022, 1:55 am

But, you aren't Mormon, right?

And why do you worry about your posts remaining here?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Well, Christianlee posted that they've been a Mormon for 50 years, but just now deleted the post.

I think I was confusing Christianlee with TheChristian.

Take care, Christianlee. The rest of us will continue to languish in this Mormon purgatory until God either fixes the church or obviates it. I have been attending a local non-denominational church, myself, and I like it. My wife and kids don't go with me, though, so it's bittersweet.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 26th, 2022, 7:44 pm You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave. 🎶
Man, you have that right! I'm not the only one who came back after deciding, "No more." Only, I think they left because they were angry, while I left because I couldn't stay away.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Silver Pie wrote: September 27th, 2022, 3:47 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 26th, 2022, 7:44 pm You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave. 🎶
Man, you have that right! I'm not the only one who came back after deciding, "No more." Only, I think they left because they were angry, while I left because I couldn't stay away.
That was me too!

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

solonan wrote: September 27th, 2022, 3:52 pm
That was me too!
It's the only place that will have heretics like us! 😉😁

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Christianlee wrote: September 27th, 2022, 1:55 am

You can delete your own posts if that’s what you want to do. I’ve done it a few times. You’ll need to leave a smiley face or symbol in its place but it gets rid of the comment.

I was going to suggest maybe leaving a mildly offensive comment about Denver Snuffer - that got me kicked from the forum - but that probably doesn’t work anymore 10 years down the line.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

BenMcCrea wrote: September 27th, 2022, 4:09 pm I was going to suggest maybe leaving a mildly offensive comment about Denver Snuffer - that got me kicked from the forum - but that probably doesn’t work anymore 10 years down the line.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BenMcCrea wrote: September 27th, 2022, 4:09 pm You can delete your own posts if that’s what you want to do. I’ve done it a few times. You’ll need to leave a smiley face or symbol in its place but it gets rid of the comment.
The last few times I tried to edit a post older than a few days, there was no way to do that. I'm thinking the creator of the forum changed it after a poster went through and deleted every post he ever made (and some of them were really good).

I made this post Sept 11 and there is no edit icon on it now, for example.
viewtopic.php?p=1301106#p1301106

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Unlike the church, which leaves you, the forum requires you to leave it.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

If you want to have some fun, attend your stake addiction recovery program and tell them you are addicted to LDSFF. Please report back. :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Chip wrote: September 27th, 2022, 2:16 am Well, Christianlee posted that they've been a Mormon for 50 years, but just now deleted the post.

I think I was confusing Christianlee with TheChristian.

Take care, Christianlee. The rest of us will continue to languish in this Mormon purgatory until God either fixes the church or obviates it. I have been attending a local non-denominational church, myself, and I like it. My wife and kids don't go with me, though, so it's bittersweet.
I have thought about heading for a Protestant church too, especially when things started getting really bad... but it would have to be one of the smaller denominations that doesn't kowtow to the world all the time.

It is my roots and there aren't any other forms of LDS here.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Silver Pie wrote: September 27th, 2022, 4:22 pm
BenMcCrea wrote: September 27th, 2022, 4:09 pm You can delete your own posts if that’s what you want to do. I’ve done it a few times. You’ll need to leave a smiley face or symbol in its place but it gets rid of the comment.
The last few times I tried to edit a post older than a few days, there was no way to do that. I'm thinking the creator of the forum changed it after a poster went through and deleted every post he ever made (and some of them were really good).

I made this post Sept 11 and there is no edit icon on it now, for example.
viewtopic.php?p=1301106#p1301106
Ok that’s interesting. I didn’t realise it had changed.