China

Discuss political news items / current events.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

China

Post by Lexew1899 »

Several international sources are reporting a rumor that President Xi is under “house arrest”. A coup? Seems unlikely.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 3Famp%3D1
Sounds like a power struggle is legitimately occurring in the CCP though.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hes-clique

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Re: China

Post by Lexew1899 »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

China is having a massive property collapse. The CCP have brought it on themselves.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Perhaps it is coming upon them because they have finally reached a level of abuse of their own people that the heavens are hearing - and the people are so fed up they are doing something that the police from hell cannot stop.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I hope the Chinese will one day be free as will the peoples they've conquered such as the Tibetans etc.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I've got friends from Taiwan and from the mainland saying that the reports that Xi is under house arrest is fake.

Nevertheless, the following things ARE happening:

Oct 16: PNC meeting, here it will be determined if Xi is going to serve an unprecedented third term, or if new leadership is going to be called on.

In advance of this, several senior members of the CCP have been arrested and sentenced to life in prison for different things...many of these guys were also Xi's most notable challengers within the party. They are also trying to nab other suspected "traitors" within the party; for that reason the shutdown in flights from Beijing to other corners of China.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: September 26th, 2022, 1:24 am I've got friends from Taiwan and from the mainland saying that the reports that Xi is under house arrest is fake.

Nevertheless, the following things ARE happening:

Oct 16: PNC meeting, here it will be determined if Xi is going to serve an unprecedented third term, or if new leadership is going to be called on.

In advance of this, several senior members of the CCP have been arrested and sentenced to life in prison for different things...many of these guys were also Xi's most notable challengers within the party. They are also trying to nab other suspected "traitors" within the party; for that reason the shutdown in flights from Beijing to other corners of China.
Winnie the Pooh could well be on the way out. China's in big trouble just now. They're supposedly having their most serious protests in the East since Tiananmen.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 26th, 2022, 2:06 am
An excellent video. There are several things that come out of it:
* The rainfall has shifted north to Beijing etc. I knew already that South Korea had been experiencing torrential rain.
* The Chinese have been using weather modification (which they admit to here) which may have caused many such issues to begin with.
* The drought is centred on Hunan (Chairman Mao's home province) and Wuhan (the city which gave the world its current scourge.) I can't help being reminded of the state of Victoria in Australia which after enacting some of the strictest Covid rules in Australia had its worst earthquake in living memory. It seems the Mandate of Heaven is against these people